Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

No, He loves me.....not because I deserve it, however.
You can't admit you don't deserve God's love, can you? That's a hard pill for many to swallow. :think:

He loves us, but by nature we are children of wrath. Apart from Christ, we are His enemies in our minds because of our evil behavior. What we DESERVE is His condemnation, for all have sinned.

Thankfully, GRACE is all about saying, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

Agreed! The grace of God which passes all understanding is mine through the action on the Cross. Thanks be to God.

Ah, you agree when he agreed with me, but you couldn't admit it without his go between. Incredible. This is a laugh a minute. :rotfl:

musterion

Responsibility for one's own words and deeds is a given.

That's what the Bible teaches.

Responsibility for the word's and deed's of another is a fallacy.
True. But, again, if you knowingly put yourself in harm's way instead of wisely avoiding it, then you're responsible for your own stupidity (that's also what the Bible teaches), though absolutely not responsible for the crime of another who took advantage of your stupidity. Is that what happens in every case of rape? NO. No one has ever said it was. But in some cases, yes. Had that simple fact been honestly acknowledged as the fact it is, these threads would have ceased weeks ago.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Now, now, it is not so bad to be called on your peccadilloes!
If you would consent to unharden your heart and let the Love of God penetrate you might learn compassion and mercy and forgiveness...even love, eventually.

Her heart isnt hard because she believes we do things that bring bad consequences on us all the time.

Seems to me, yours is, because you are condemning her, me and anyone else who admits we reap what we sow.

bybee

I'm surprised to see that attitude on, as far as I can tell, an otherwise predominantly conservative and Christian site.

The Bible strongly frowns upon rebellious women. He didn't create women to be troublesome to men. I don't quite get the idea of feminism and Christianity having anything to do with each other honestly. It's like an outright embracing of the enmity spoken of in Genesis- the exact opposite of what is holy.

Does one have the okay from God to rape one's help meet?
Ought not the man as head of the house be the one in control, the role model for exemplary behavior? How can a man of honor ever condone loosing control and giving in to temptation to sin?

bybee

Her heart isnt hard because she believes we do things that bring bad consequences on us all the time.

Seems to me, yours is, because you are condemning her, me and anyone else who admits we reap what we sow.

Not at all. There are consequences to our words and deeds.
I am not condemning you or anyone. That is not my job.
I am disagreeing with you.
I find you harsh and unnecessarily judgmental.
I do not like you anymore!

musterion

You should acknowledge the supreme inconsistency in that claim there. I think everybody should.

What inconsistency?

It's a variant of the more general claim that 'half of all rapes go unreported'. Are we psychic now? Or is the feminist lobby just being a 'myth machine' like it's proven to be many times before..

That claim predates feminism.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

What have i judged you on? Be specific.

Its you who cant seem to handle disagreement. You do not like me anymore because i disagree with you. Thats judgment. (judgment means condemnation and its you passing that around)

I am harsh because i am honest about what i think? If you dont like me because i am honest about what i think and because i dont agree with you on everything, then so be it, i dont need friends like that.

I need friends who are my friend even when i dont agree with them, in other words who care about me for me, not for what i do for THEM.

genuineoriginal

What does this mean?

1 Corinthians 7:3-4
3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.​

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What inconsistency?

That half of all rapes go unreported. If they are aren't reported, than guess what? That claim is pulled right out of the rear.

That claim predates feminism.

And is perpetuated by feminists.

I'm not trying to make them front and center of it, but it's like talking about Christianity without bringing up Jesus. Those lobbies perpetuate these things and get others to railroad over anyone who disagrees.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Please show even one post where anyone said rape is ever ok or justified.

You need to first establish that - before running on and on and pretending anyone maintains that.

I shall do as I please.

YES, you shall, please do continue bearing false witness against others in your pride. Then sleep well, instead of acting like an adult and backing your assertions.

musterion

I assume that goes for me as well. If so, okay.

Two scenarios:

a) A man kidnaps a woman and rapes her.

b) A woman gets drunk or high with a man/men, and he/they rape her.

In both cases, the rapists should HANG BY THE NECK UNTIL DEAD.

The woman in (a) bears no responsibility. The woman in (b) bears responsibility. But the rapists should still hang.

c) A woman gets drunk or high around men, and willingly has sex with one or more of them. The next day...or the next month...she regrets it, or is angry one hasn't texted her. She files a rape report.

Questions:

1) What should happen to the man/men who she willingly had sex with but are now accused of rape?

2) What should happen to the woman?

None of these are far-out scenarios. They happen all the time, so please don't brush them off as unrealistic.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
"I shall do as I please" is the mantra of each person on the broad way to destruction.

quote-comedy-too-can-sometimes-discern-what-is-right-i-shall-not-please-but-i-shall-say-what-aristophanes-65-29-89.jpg

musterion

That half of all rapes go unreported. If they are aren't reported, than guess what? That claim is pulled right out of the rear.

The assertion has always been that the rapes are underreported to the authorities -- not that knowledge of them is somehow buried. People learn or hear that it happens, but it goes unreported or charges are not pressed so it does not go into crime stats.

Also note that I specified this is said to happen with prostitutes. I never said half of ALL rapes go reported.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The assertion has always been that the rapes are not reported to the authorities -- not that knowledge of them is somehow buried. People learn or hear that it happens, but it goes unreported or charges are not pressed so it does not go into crime stats.

Also note that I specified this is said to happen with prostitutes. I never said half of ALL rapes go reported.

How does the statistic go.. something like 1 in 4 woman are raped. Looking at the crime stat, it is something like at least half of all rapes go unreported if one actually believes that claim.

This was perpetuated among the lines of college campuses, and was very easily debunked. If it is a ridiculous claim there, then that should say something about the claim along the lines of general society.

This liberal female myth engine is causing problems, plain and simple. You have that, 'yes sometimes means no', 'eye rape', and so on.

What a lot of people don't realize is that most of all this is coming from 20 something year old college students, and has been for a long time now. These are young females who grew up copiously in a nice neighborhood and went to nice schools, in nice neighborhoods with good wealth. Then they go and get brainwashed by Liberal Arts.

They go out into the real world and everything is 'violent' and 'rape'. Nothing should 'offend' anyone and everything is an 'objectification'.

When you realize the origins, you realize it's stupidity.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i'm particularly amused by the extremist feminist claim that all sex is rape, that women can't consent by virtue of our historically patriarchal society, blablablablablablabla

glorydaz

I'm surprised to see that attitude on, as far as I can tell, an otherwise predominantly conservative and Christian site.

The Bible strongly frowns upon rebellious women. He didn't create women to be troublesome to men. I don't quite get the idea of feminism and Christianity having anything to do with each other honestly. It's like an outright embracing of the enmity spoken of in Genesis- the exact opposite of what is holy.

The women's movement has gone beyond the bounds of this world system. It has infiltrated the thinking of many professing Christians. It's a form of indoctrination that has been drilled into our heads without our even realizing it. Look at the number of men who have fallen under it's spell. It's kinda like Unions. They started out doing good things but have grown into such a corrupt organism that the founders of it wouldn't even recognize what it's become.

It's shocking to see immoral behavior being called acceptable and excused because it isn't nice to point out something like rape can be a consequence of that immoral behavior. Consequences for our actions help keep societies from slipping into deeper and deeper into darkness. Consequences for our behavior teach us to be safe and do right. I can't even imagine where we'd be now without them. And yet we're supposed to pretend that they don't exist...equally for all people. They want equality but refuse to accept the responsibility that comes with it. Hypocrites is what I call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.