Anybody know much about Islam?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Oh, c'mon, serpentdove, Islam was NOT created by Rome."
Mohammad's own wife said he was filled with demons. They :eek:linger: gave him another perversion of scripture to peddle (Ga 5:9). Do you recognize the prayer beads, dressing your women like nuns, etc.? Eccl 1:9

"...Rome does not use Muslims as an army to murder Jews and Christians."
Arabs were selected for extermination purposes (Ge 16:12). Too bad :CRASH: they aren't upset about being conned (Re 17:5).

"Too bad." :chz4brnz: ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

Krsto

I' m not an expert but I can help you . To learn arabic is an important thing to tast Quran which is the core of Islam but not Hadith .

I suppose learning Arabic could be like me learning Greek - I don't read Greek fluently but I know how to use the tools that help flesh out the meaning of words. What tools are available for native English speakers? Is there such a thing as a concordance?

Krsto

And that is why Islam is said to be a religion of peace.

If Islam is peace, I guess war; hate; hatred; discord; agitation; disharmony; disagreement; etc. is peaceful.

Those aren't the products of Islam any more than the Inquisition was the product of Christianity.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been doing a lot of study about Islam these last 2 years. I find the public narrative to be completely wrong and most Christians are content to just spread lies about it, never bothering to do any fact checking, just accepting anything that's negative and passing it along on their Facebook wall.

From time to time I come up with questions where I wished I had a knowledgeable person to field those questions.

Anybody here fit that bill?

How long did you live in an Islamic state under sharia law?

Interplanner

How long did you live in an Islamic state under sharia law?

That's a decent question.

Krsto,
I would suggest you look into understanding this formula in Islamic theology: 'Medinnia naqziq Meccia.' Not that this is found in a 'text' or anything, but it is the most important principle to know after realizing that Islam is incurably theocratic.

Medinnia = revelations to Mohammed at Medina, where he imposed his way on everyone after rejection at Mecca. Surah 9 for ex.

'naqzic' = verb, 'to abrogate, to overrule one concept/doctrine with another.'

Meccia = revelations to Mohammed at Mecca.

IOW, the tolerant beliefs at Mecca when he appealed by persuasion to others are abrogated by revelations given at Medina, which he besieged and where he personally killed several hundred Jews etc.

Later revelations (so-called) abrogate earlier ones, but of course, in the opposite direction of abrogation by Christ! However, as an organizational note, Surahs in the Qur'an are organized by size, not chronology, unlike the general Bible scheme.

Coming up to modern times, I suggest you read the article by one of the leading feminists in France from about 10 years ago. It was in the Atlantic Monthly, or the New Yorker. She began with all the reasons why she believed she should be tolerant of Islam, however, she then explains that she was repeatedly called (as a social worker or consultant) to deal with the plight of Islamic wives and children at day care centers. It was pretty awful what was happening. She learned the hard way that it was the opposite of feminism and was theocratic.

When Jefferson learned that the Ambassador of Tripoli was in London while he was in France, he went up to find out why the Islamic pirates were seizing US men and ships. The answer: the sha'hadah. There is no god but... etc. That is why it is theocratic. So Jefferson printed some Qur'ans with the preface page that basically says here's the primitive, degenerate problem we are up against. Adams comments on Islam are public record.

While on tour in eastern Europe one year I was minding my own business about an interesting mound in Moldova on a huge double-bend in the main river out of the Carpathians into the Black Sea. It was listed as a Roman bath ruins and as a site where the medieval orthodox church had a sect of monks who carved out quarters in the banks of the river. However, during the tour it was clear that the top of the mound was a critical site in eastern European history. The massive mobile Moslem army had reached this point and began to erect a mosque and market on the top of the mound. The Moldovans had a communication system using this area that communicated quickly between the sea and the capital. But in the 1500s the ruler of Moldova, Stepan, used the shape and contour of the area to turn them back. The army regrouped and worked north. The central street of the capitol is Stepan, considered the George Washington of the country.

In 1683, on Sep. 11, it was defeated again outside Vienna, this time with help from the King of Poland, as it was at Tours in France and also in Italy. The scope of conquests by them was mentioned by Luther, and the invasion of Italy is a factor in at least one Shakespearian play set there. The Papacy was dumbfounded when the German princes were willing to go alone with Luther in a free Germany because no one really knew what the Islamic army was capable of. Most historians I have read have agreed that if they had not been defeated at Tours, Westminster Chapel would likely be a mosque today. The ceiling of the statehouse in Budapest is a painting of the defeat of a massive Islamic navy by one of Hungary's rulers; I believe the description said that the forests of Turkey have never recovered from the log harvesting needed for that op by the Islamic army.

You will also want to check into the extent of Islamic slavery in Africa. I don't have the items handy but I believe the number enslaved was 220M at the peak, while the total number killed by all Islamic activity from France to Indonesia is 275M. Of course, many perished as slaves.

egyptianmuslim

I suppose learning Arabic could be like me learning Greek - I don't read Greek fluently but I know how to use the tools that help flesh out the meaning of words. What tools are available for native English speakers? Is there such a thing as a concordance?

The easiest way is to have help from arabic muslims, you can ask me but but i like short posts and don't wait a rapid answer.
Also to understand Quran you should know all of it as a whole.
Most people here misunderstand Quran.

Apple7

The easiest way is to have help from arabic muslims, you can ask me but but i like short posts and don't wait a rapid answer.

The Koranic message is that Jesus is God.

kiwimacahau

Mohammad's own wife said he was filled with demons. They :eek:linger: gave him another perversion of scripture to peddle (Ga 5:9). Do you recognize the prayer beads, dressing your women like nuns, etc.? Eccl 1:9

Arabs were selected for extermination purposes (Ge 16:12). Too bad :CRASH: they aren't upset about being conned (Re 17:5).

"Too bad." :chz4brnz: ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

Really--you can believe him. :eek:linger: Vicar means ‘substitute’ or ‘to stand in place of’ Christ. :dizzy:

More of Jack Chick's fertiliser! What a crock.

Eric h

And that is why Islam is said to be a religion of peace.

If Islam is peace, I guess war; hate; hatred; discord; agitation; disharmony; disagreement; etc. is peaceful.

Christianity is a religion of peace, so we should strive to live in peace with all our neighbours.

lifeisgood

Christianity is a religion of peace, so we should strive to live in peace with all our neighbours.

Do you think you can live in peace with a neighbor that the only thing he wants is to separate your head from your torso, marry your 6 year old daughter (younger is better), chop hands/feet, tell your sister/wife/mom that it is their fault that he rapes them, etc.?

lifeisgood

Those aren't the products of Islam any more than the Inquisition was the product of Christianity.

The Inquisition was not the product of Christianity.

War; hate; discord; agitation; disharmony; disagreement; pedophilia; rape; enslavement of women/children; etc. is the product of the religion of Islam.

lifeisgood

Because they have not decided if to follow the Mecca Quran or the Medina Quran; therefore, all the mess that Islam propagates over Muslims and infidels (Muslims or not).

Eric h

Do you think you can live in peace with a neighbor that the only thing he wants is to separate your head from your torso, marry your 6 year old daughter (younger is better), chop hands/feet, tell your sister/wife/mom that it is their fault that he rapes them, etc.?

Is that how you judge 1.5 billion people?