Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
One more question--what's with the illuminati all-seeing eye? :rolleyes:

See:

Illuminati/Luciferians

Spoiler
evil-eye.jpg

I'm not throwing illuminate signs up SerpentDove. I just recognize that I always fall short of "The Glory of God." ... and... I always rely on Jesus to ensure that the lamp of my Soul is Him alone.

: )

As far as an eye that sees all... Only God perceives all. Nothing in all of creation can even begin to come close.

:cheers:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you serious? I'm proclaiming the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and you are siding with a person that spit on Jesus and the Virgin birth with his own words that I didn't credit to him to protect this OP and hopefully bring unity amongst all of us.

Who do you serve @Eagles Wings ?

I asked that this OP be evaluated by many people! You are seriously putting your denominational pride above Christ Jesus?!?

I neg repped you for defending a person that perpetually denies Jesus and for hating this OP because it is steeped with scripture, evaluated by many and mods as well, yet foreign to your doctrines of men.

The Bible trumps everything and Jesus Trumps the Bible! (John 5:39f)

@Sherman and @Knight ... I would like you both to see that Eagles Wings is trying to shut this OP down that is devoted to combatting the Anti Christ Spirit of Denying our Lord, God and Savior ... Jesus Christ, while also exalting the Holy Trinity.

I called no individual out and hid the name and link to the quote. Plus.. I have expressed that I was going to launch this OP before I did it.

You are being a little harsh sometimes in this thread. That is what EW is having issue with. It has nothing to do with her denomination.

I tend to take issue with Christians ripping at each other. I ask you to dial it down and attack doctrines and not people. IMHO I think you are splitting hairs here. Denying the Divinity of Jesus would be an example of a major issue. The other stuff is hair splitting.

Jerry Shugart

It was just explained on the previous page.

No it wasn't! You just ignored what is said in "bold" here:

"Now Jesus Christ's birth was thus: At the espousal of His mother, Mary, to Joseph, ere their coming together, she was found pregnant by holy spirit. Now Joseph, her husband, being just and not willing to hold her up to infamy, intended covertly to dismiss her. Now at his brooding over these things, lo! a messenger of the Lord appeared to him in a trance, saying, "Joseph, son of David, you may not be afraid to accept Miriam, your wife, for that which is being generated in her is of holy spirit" (Mt.1:18-20).​

Why did Joseph consider dismissing Mary if he was the real father of the Lord Jesus?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You are being a little harsh sometimes in this thread. That is what EW is having issue with. It has nothing to do with her denomination.

I tend to take issue with Christians ripping at each other. I ask you to dial it down and attack doctrines and not people. IMHO I think you are splitting hairs here. Denying the Divinity of Jesus would be an example of a major issue. The other stuff is hair splitting.

I appreciate your honesty in the matter. I will dial it down. I do want to say that OPEN THEISM has a clear advantage for grasping matters being discussed in this OP. I want to make it clear that people who understand how God is expressed in 3, but remains 1 ... are Trinitarian... and we can be nasty buggers to deal with, when people are trying to contest Jesus' Deity.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
No more than the 'What's new' tab at TOL. :idunno:

Spoiler
1edce74200c05a4109c6daf9b82ec9f2.jpg

Lol... oh... eye see.

The Eye I use is like this <()> ... but I insert the character I into it to insinuate the meaning of my name which is tied to Mt. 6:22f

In other words... if I lean on my own understanding, instead of 1 Jn. 2:27 and John 5:39f or depend on my works to get me home to Jesus... I'm being Evil.

I also take a que from Jesus in (Lk. 18:19 and Mt. 7:11). He alone is worthy. Next to Him, I am wicked. He alone is worthy of praise. Jesus Christ is my everything.

Does that clearify matters?

Rotfl... I just got it! You were using the what's new graphic! Lol...

# I was slow for a second there.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It was just explained on the previous page.

"Now Jesus Christ's birth was thus: At the espousal of His mother, Mary, to Joseph, ere their coming together, she was found pregnant by holy spirit. Now Joseph, her husband, being just and not willing to hold her up to infamy, intended covertly to dismiss her. Now at his brooding over these things, lo! a messenger of the Lord appeared to him in a trance, saying, "Joseph, son of David, you may not be afraid to accept Miriam, your wife, for that which is being generated in her is of holy spirit" (Mt.1:18-20).​

Why did Joseph consider dismissing Mary if he was the real father of the Lord Jesus?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...The Eye I use is like this <()> ... but I insert the character I into it to insinuate the meaning of my name which is tied to Mt. 6:22f

In other words... if I lean on my own understanding, instead of 1 Jn. 2:27 and John 5:39f or depend on my works to get me home to Jesus... I'm being Evil.

I also take a que from Jesus in (Lk. 18:19 and Mt. 7:11). He alone is worthy. Next to Him, I am wicked. He alone is worthy of praise. Jesus Christ is my everything.

Does that clearify matters?
See:

Turning the Shadow - Part I Informed Christians

Last edited:

S-word

BANNED
Banned

Matthew 1: 18 to 23; 18 This was how the birth of Jesus Christ took place. His mother Mary was engaged to Joseph, but before they were married, she found out that she was going to have a baby by the Holy Spirit. 19Joseph was a man who always did what was right, but he did not want to disgrace Mary publicly; so he made plans to break the engagement privately. 20While he was thinking about this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph, descendant of David, do not be afraid to take Mary to be your wife. For it is by the Holy Spirit that she has conceived. 21She will have a son, and you will name him Jesus — because he will save his people from their sins.” 22Now all this happened in order to make what the Lord had said through the prophet come true, 23“A virgin will become pregnant and have a son, and he will be called Immanuel” (which means, “God is with us”).

Now we know that is a deliberate lie. The majority of churches have now been forced to accept that the Lord, through his prophet Isaiah, never did say that a virgin was pregnant.

Isaiah Used the Hebrew word 'Almah,' which in no way can be translated as virgin, for the Hebrew have a term for virgin, which is 'Bethulah,' the word that is used in every instance in the old Testament when a woman who has never had sexual intercourse with a man Is referred to and the word that Isaiah would have used if the Lord intended him to convey the message that a virgin would be pregnant.

Isaiah 7: 14; Correct Jewish Translation: Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the "YOUNG WOMAN" is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 7: 14; Erroneous KJV Translation: Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, "THE VIRGIN" shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

In 1973, an ecumenical edition of RSV was approved by both Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, called the common bible. As a matter of fact, I have in front of me, A New English Translation of the Bible, published in 1970 and approved by the council of churches in England, Scotland, Wales, the Irish council of churches, the London Society of Friends, and the Methodist and Presbyterian churches of England. And there in the RSV we read in Isaiah 7: 14; "A young Woman is with child, and she will bear a son." I also have before me The Good News Bible, catholic Study Edition, with imprimatur by Archbishop John Whealon: and on turning to Isaiah 7: 14; It says here, "A young woman who is pregnant will have a son, etc."

But even after admitting that the prophet Isaiah never did say that a virgin would conceive etc, but rather, "A YOUNG WOMAN" who is pregnant will have a son," in Matthew 1: 22; concerning the birth of the child Jesus, "Now all this happened in order to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet (Isaiah)" they here claim that he said a virgin who is pregnant, which obviously he didn't.

In translating the Hebrew words of the prophet Isaiah, that an "Almah" an "unmarried female" is with child and will bear a son," into Greek, which unlike the Hebrew language, does not have a specific term for "virgin," the authors of the Septuagint and Matthew correctly used the Greek word "Parthenos," which carries a basic meaning of "girl," or unmarried youth, and denotes "virgin" only by implication.

Joseph ben Jacob, who married the already pregnant Mary and who had no sexual relations with her until after she had given birth to Jesus, the first of her sons, was only the step father to Jesus. The biological father of Jesus, was Joseph the son of Alexander Helios/Heli, who was the half brother to Mary, who was also sired by Heli.

Like Jesus who was born of the promise of God and born of the power of the Holy Spirit, so too was Isaac, and we read in Galatians 4: 29; Amplified version; "Yet at that time, the child born according to the flesh (Ishmael) despised and persecuted him (Isaac) who was born according to the promise and the workings/power of the Holy Spirit.

Like Jesus, Isaac was also born of a brother-sister relationship, Abraham and Sarah, having both been sired by Terah, from different mothers.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
As usual you find some excuse to avoid a real discussion on this subject.

It looks to me like he does not wish to go beyond what is written.

Which in my opinion would be to speculate on what occurred when Yeshua emptied himself of everything but what?

Jesus is one soul and God is one soul.

That old soul took on flesh.

At his baptism he was anointed and begotten.

The one thing we know he didn't get at that time was the glory he had with God from the beginning.

How much time do you want to spend on what you will never know as long as you are in a flesh and blood body.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Joseph ben Jacob, who married the already pregnant Mary and who had no sexual relations with her until after she had given birth to Jesus, the first of her sons, was only the step father to Jesus. The biological father of Jesus, was Joseph the son of Alexander Helios/Heli, who was the half brother to Mary, who was also sired by Heli.

Like Jesus who was born of the promise of God and born of the power of the Holy Spirit, so too was Isaac, and we read in Galatians 4: 29; Amplified version; "Yet at that time, the child born according to the flesh (Ishmael) despised and persecuted him (Isaac) who was born according to the promise and the workings/power of the Holy Spirit.

Like Jesus, Isaac was also born of a brother-sister relationship, Abraham and Sarah, having both been sired by Terah, from different mothers.

Not sure why you have to think Jesus needed to be sired by a brother sister relationship.

Adam who was the figure of Christ had no such origin.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
The one thing we know he didn't get at that time was the glory he had with God from the beginning.

It was The SON OF MAN whose spirit descended upon the man Jesus in the form of a Dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son (My chosen Successor) 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee." who cried out in John 17: 5; through the mouth of his obedient servant, who spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by the Lord who has revealed himself through his earthly host body 'Jesus,' "Father! Give me glory in your presence now, the same glory I had with you before this world was made."

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 1: 18 to 23; 18 This was how the birth of Jesus Christ took place. His mother Mary was engaged to Joseph, but before they were married, she found out that she was going to have a baby by the Holy Spirit. 19Joseph was a man who always did what was right, but he did not want to disgrace Mary publicly; so he made plans to break the engagement privately. 20While he was thinking about this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph, descendant of David, do not be afraid to take Mary to be your wife. For it is by the Holy Spirit that she has conceived. 21She will have a son, and you will name him Jesus — because he will save his people from their sins.” 22Now all this happened in order to make what the Lord had said through the prophet come true, 23“A virgin will become pregnant and have a son, and he will be called Immanuel” (which means, “God is with us”).

Now we know that is a deliberate lie. The majority of churches have now been forced to accept that the Lord, through his prophet Isaiah, never did say that a virgin was pregnant.

Isaiah Used the Hebrew word 'Almah,' which in no way can be translated as virgin, for the Hebrew have a term for virgin, which is 'Bethulah,' the word that is used in every instance in the old Testament when a woman who has never had sexual intercourse with a man Is referred to and the word that Isaiah would have used if the Lord intended him to convey the message that a virgin would be pregnant.

Isaiah 7: 14; Correct Jewish Translation: Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the "YOUNG WOMAN" is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 7: 14; Erroneous KJV Translation: Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, "THE VIRGIN" shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

In 1973, an ecumenical edition of RSV was approved by both Protestant and Catholic hierarchies, called the common bible. As a matter of fact, I have in front of me, A New English Translation of the Bible, published in 1970 and approved by the council of churches in England, Scotland, Wales, the Irish council of churches, the London Society of Friends, and the Methodist and Presbyterian churches of England. And there in the RSV we read in Isaiah 7: 14; "A young Woman is with child, and she will bear a son." I also have before me The Good News Bible, catholic Study Edition, with imprimatur by Archbishop John Whealon: and on turning to Isaiah 7: 14; It says here, "A young woman who is pregnant will have a son, etc."

But even after admitting that the prophet Isaiah never did say that a virgin would conceive etc, but rather, "A YOUNG WOMAN" who is pregnant will have a son," in Matthew 1: 22; concerning the birth of the child Jesus, "Now all this happened in order to make come true what the Lord had said through the prophet (Isaiah)" they here claim that he said a virgin who is pregnant, which obviously he didn't.

In translating the Hebrew words of the prophet Isaiah, that an "Almah" an "unmarried female" is with child and will bear a son," into Greek, which unlike the Hebrew language, does not have a specific term for "virgin," the authors of the Septuagint and Matthew correctly used the Greek word "Parthenos," which carries a basic meaning of "girl," or unmarried youth, and denotes "virgin" only by implication.

Are you Mormon? "LDS"...

It would help clear matters up.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
It looks to me like he does not wish to go beyond what is written.

Which in my opinion would be to speculate on what occurred when Yeshua emptied himself of everything but what?

Jesus is one soul and God is one soul.

That old soul took on flesh.

At his baptism he was anointed and begotten.

How much time do you want to spend on what you will never know as long as you are in a flesh and blood body.

1Mind1Spirit

We have a neutral thing... but I'm going to ask... Did Jesus atone for all human sin... ?

Do you contest 1 Timothy 3:16 ?

Do you realize that adoptionism isn't biblical and a desperate twisting of verses that pertain to Messiah Prophecy about (Is. 43:11 and Lk. 2:11). Sincerely... if you don't understand the implications of those two verses... you are now discrediting scripture and YHVH.

Does God keep His word and can His WORD be TRUSTED to protect the scriptures?

Are you saved by faith alone?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
1Mind1Spirit

We have a neutral thing... but I'm going to ask... Did Jesus atone for all human sin... ?

Yes, once and for all time.

Could anyone but the high priest do that?

Do you contest 1 Timothy 3:16 ?

Not as long as it is kept in the context of godliness.

Do you realize that adoptionism isn't biblical and a desperate twisting of verses that pertain to Messiah Prophecy about (Is. 43:11 and Lk. 2:11). Sincerely... if you don't understand the implications of those two verses... you are now discrediting scripture and YHVH.

Never read up on adoptionism.

How does believing that the soul of the son of God, being born in the flesh discredit scripture?

Does God keep His word

Of course God keeps his word, he cannot lie.

and can His WORD be TRUSTED to protect the scriptures?

Not sure what you're asking.

Are you saved by faith alone?

No.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yes, once and for all time.

Could anyone but the high priest do that?

Not as long as it is kept in the context of godliness.

Never read up on adoptionism.

How does believing that the soul of the son of God, being born in the flesh discredit scripture?

Of course God keeps his word, he cannot lie.

Not sure what you're asking.

No.

You're not adoptionist... that helps me.

On Jesus and the soul and flesh... I think you misunderstood me... will be back tomorrow.

-EE

Rondonmonson

These are yes or no questions. Was the baby in the manger fully God and fully man? Is he risen bodily? Was there ever a time when Jesus did not exist? Jn 1:1

You didn't say what your answers were, though I surmise Yes, Yes, No. The first answer however is technically incorrect. Jesus is not fully God, but he has the exact same traits/Spirit. Also Jesus was not always filled with the Holy Spirits full power. (I can prove this before you gasp to heavily.)

If Jesus was fully God we could not look on him. He is Gods PERFECT LIKENESS, they both are Love, Hope, Peace, Joy, Long-suffering, Kind, Forgiving, etc. etc. They are the EXACT SAME in Likeness hence Jesus is the express Image of God. However the Glory resides with God. The Father has the GLORY, the Son is the REDEEMER and the Holy Spirit is the COMFORTER. My example of the Trinity goes like this:

There is a three trillion gallon reservoir of water. Every ounce of the water has the EXACT SAME CHEMICAL makeup/likeness, all three trillion gallons. Take 100 Gallons (Jesus) and pour it over your head, you will surely be soaked by this but you will be OK. Then take another 100 Gallons (Holy Spirit) and pour it over your head, again you will be soaking wet, but you will not be harmed. NOW.....Take the full three trillion Gallons of the reservoir (God/Fullness of the Glory) and pour it over your head, and you will surely die/drown.

God is the FULLNESS of the Glory. Jesus is EXACTLY LIKE GOD, just not the Fullness of God. The Holy Spirit is EXACTLY LIKE GOD, just not the Fullness of Gods Glory, hence he can LIVE IN US without harming us. If Gods full Glory was in us we would be destroyed. Moses couldn't even look upon Gods Glory. Men looked upon Jesus, we have the Holy Spirit living in our hearts.

As per Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. You ever wonder why his ministry was only around three years? That was all that was needed, but when it was his time, he was filled with the power of the Holy Spirit because of obedience. If people wonder where the power is, if we are fully obedient to God, he will trust us with His power. EXAMPLE Luke chapter 4: THIS IS SO KEY HERE:

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

Jesus told the devil over and over, it is written, it is written, even when he was tempted with all the kingdoms of the world, Satan said because it is given me to do as I will with.

12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

Notice in verse one Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit, and led by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness, but in verse 14 Jesus returned IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT. Thus Jesus' ministry was kicked off. God did not need Jesus to preach for 40 Years. The same can be done in three years, in the Power of the Spirit. Jesus was not ready, until he was ready. Jesus had to obey in all things (foregone conclusion) before God would allow him to operate in the Power of the Spirit. It is an example for us. God is MOVED BY OBEDIENCE. What does the scriptures say ?

(KJV) 1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

(NLT) 1 Samuel 15:22 But Samuel replied, "What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.

The key to operating in the power of the Holy Spirit is Obedience. And we can't hear Gods voice if we are too busy watching football, movies, etc. etc. God is whispering to us continually, are we hearing him? Or do we ignore him and follow worldly things !! The Scriptures say, Do not quench the Spirit !! Obedience requires listening first.

Jerry Shugart

It was The SON OF MAN whose spirit descended upon the man Jesus in the form of a Dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my son (My chosen Successor) 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee."

There you go again, just making things up. That never happened. Please quote the heavenly voice saying that when the spirit descended upon the Lord Jesus in the form of a dove.