An Open Invitation to Civil Discussion

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Catholic church tries to change some things they used to teach.

However, Jesus doesn't change his teachings.

It is fact that they put Mary on the pedestal but they keep on denying it.

you should ask j about it since you know so much about the RCC.

God's Truth

This is what I have posted already in this thread about Mary:

Teachings about Mary

Catholic Popes teach Catholics to elevate Mary. There is no such command in the Bible, nor are there any examples of such an act in the Bible. Mary would not want to be exalted in such a way. In fact, a woman in the crowd called out, “Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you.” Jesus replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” See Luke 11:27-28. Does that sound like Jesus wanted Mary exalted to the level that the Catholic Church has exalted her? No. Someone told Jesus, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.” Jesus replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” See Luke 8:20-21. Does it sound like Jesus wants us to elevate and worship his mother? No!

Jesus did not come to this world to be a husband, or a father, or a son to Mary. Jesus came to this world to save us. When Jesus was on the cross, Jesus called Mary “woman,” and gave her to one of his disciples.

John 19:26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Dear woman, here is your son,”

Catholics believe Mary never had sexual intercourse with her husband Joseph. However, Joseph and Mary promised each other to get married, and this planned marriage was before Mary and Joseph knew that Mary was carrying the Son of God. If Mary had plans to marry a man…surely she had in mind to have a marriage bed.

Matthew 1:19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

Mary having, or not having, sexual relations with her husband, after the birth of Jesus; this has no effect on our salvation. However, what does hurt one’s salvation is making up, and, or believing in things that are not God’s Word.

God's Truth

Here are more false teachings from Catholics concerning Mary.

Praying to Mary and the “Saints”

Catholics teach us to pray to Mary and the other “Saints”. However, there is only one Mediator between God and man, and that is Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5.

It is wrong to pray to Mary. It is wrong to say the Rosary. Catholics even teach that we should pray to Saints, but we are not to pray to Saints. We can ask others to pray for us, but we are not to pray to others.

Catholics pray to Mary and ask her to go to Jesus with their request. They also do this with the Catholic saints.

When a person is saved…they have Jesus living inside them. They are reconciled to God.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16.

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12.

Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died–more than that, who was raised to life–is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Romans 8:34.

And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. Romans 8:27.

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5.

We do NOT go through Mary and Saints to get to Jesus and God! I hope they really do carefully consider these scriptures.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here are more false teachings from Catholics concerning Mary.

Praying to Mary and the “Saints”

Catholics teach us to pray to Mary and the other “Saints”. However, there is only one Mediator between God and man, and that is Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5.

It is wrong to pray to Mary. It is wrong to say the Rosary. Catholics even teach that we should pray to Saints, but we are not to pray to Saints. We can ask others to pray for us, but we are not to pray to others.

Catholics pray to Mary and ask her to go to Jesus with their request. They also do this with the Catholic saints.

When a person is saved…they have Jesus living inside them. They are reconciled to God.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16.

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12.

Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died–more than that, who was raised to life–is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Romans 8:34.

And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. Romans 8:27.

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 1 Timothy 2:5.

We do NOT go through Mary and Saints to get to Jesus and God! I hope they really do carefully consider these scriptures.

And j denied all of them, and saying I am ignorant about their putting Mary on a pedestal.

God's Truth

There are many Catholic prayers to Mary, prayers that show the falseness of the Catholic beliefs.

Here are just a few of many prayers to Mary:

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone,
who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins my Mother.
To you do I come,
before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your clemency,
hear and answer me. Amen.

Sub tuum praesidium

We fly to Thy protection,
O Holy Mother of God;
Do; not despise our petitions
in our necessities,
but deliver us always
from all dangers,

O Glorious and Blessed Virgin. Amen.

Morning Consecration to Mary

My Queen, My Mother, I offer
myself entirely to thee.

And to show my devotion to thee,
I offer thee this day, my eyes,
my ears, my mouth, my heart,
my whole being without reserve.

Wherefore, good Mother, as I am thine own, keep me, guard me as thy property and possession.
Amen.

Some of the things the Catholics pray to Mary should only be said to Jesus.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are many Catholic prayers to Mary, prayers that show the falseness of the Catholic beliefs.

Here is just one of many prayers to Mary:

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone,
who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins my Mother.
To you do I come,
before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your clemency,
hear and answer me. Amen.

Sub tuum praesidium

We fly to Thy protection,
O Holy Mother of God;
Do; not despise our petitions
in our necessities,
but deliver us always
from all dangers,

O Glorious and Blessed Virgin. Amen.

Morning Consecration to Mary

My Queen, My Mother, I offer
myself entirely to thee.

And to show my devotion to thee,
I offer thee this day, my eyes,
my ears, my mouth, my heart,
my whole being without reserve.

Wherefore, good Mother, as I am thine own, keep me, guard me as thy property and possession.
Amen.

Some of the things the Catholics pray to Mary should only be said to Jesus.

You see, you know so much about their pagan worship, which they keep on denying even obvious Mary worshipping.

RCC is cesspool of paganism.

God's Truth

You see, you know so much about their pagan worship, which they keep on denying even obvious Mary worshipping.

RCC is cesspool of paganism.

It gets worse. I am going to post some things about the Catholic church that finally cut any influence they had on me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It gets worse. I am going to post some things about the Catholic church that finally cut any influence they had on me.

I hope j takes your information seriously.

I have never seen anyone changing their loyalty to their pope or church.

God's Truth

I hope j takes your information seriously.

I have never seen anyone changing their loyalty to their pope or church.

I was a Catholic and it took my mom dying to question the Catholic church.

A person has to want God's Truth more than they want anything.

It was hard for me to completely let go of the Catholic denomination.

The Catholic church was my family's life.

The beautiful churches with cathedral ceilings, stained glass windows, magnificent paintings and sculptures...the altar and the priests in their special robes and hats... the incense and smoke, and everything seemed so holy.

I am grateful to see the truth about it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The beautiful churches with cathedral ceilings, stained glass windows, magnificent paintings and sculptures...the altar and the priests in their special robes and hats... the incense and smoke, and everything seemed so holy.

Early Christians were humble and they did not have such gorgeous place to worship. Leaders did not wear special cloth.

God's Truth

Early Christians were humble and they did not have such gorgeous place to worship. Leaders did not wear special cloth.

That is right. Jesus spoke against elaborate clothes; and, the places people got together to worship were in someone's home.

Luke 20:45 In the hearing of all the people, Jesus said to His disciples, 46“Beware of the scribes. They like to walk around in long robes, and they love the greetings in the marketplaces, the chief seats in the synagogues, and the places of honor at banquets. 47 They defraud widows of their houses, and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will receive greater condemnation.”

jsanford108

The Catholic church says that what their popes say is infallible.
You don't seem to grasp what is Papal Infallibility. It is not saying that the man is infallible. Only that his declarations about moral and dogmatic truths are infallible.

A common falsehood and systematic misinformation campaign is this umbrella of absolute infallibility.

I will take the time to show you carefully that I am not misinformed.
GT, what you believe to be the doctrine of Papal Infallibility is wrong.

I am not blaming you for this falsehood, rather whoever told you this.

You said before that there were none.
Regarding the Eucharist? Please, provide such proof that I said there were "no guidelines regarding the Eucharist?"

God's Truth does not change like shifting shadows and waves.
James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
I agree. Did you know there is only one denomination which has not changed its stance on morality, or doctrine?

The doctrines of the Catholic denomination are demonic.

James 3:15
Such wisdom does not come from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.
Can you name a demonic doctrine of the Catholic Church?

Interesting fact: the Satanic Church perfectly trying to inverse every Catholic doctrine and practice. So, why does this occur? You never hear of a Black Sermon, a Black Revival, or a Satanic Preacher. Why does the Black Mass consist of stealing a consecrated Host from a Catholic Mass, in order to desecrate it?

If the Catholic denomination was Satanic, then this would not make sense to undermine one's own perversion.

What?

So now you claim I am malicious.

You are dead wrong.
GT, you misread/misinterpreted my words. I said "Whoever gave you this information is seriously spreading lies and falsehoods. I would say maliciously so." The malicious application is directed solely at the source which told you the falsehoods regarding Catholicism.

You see, this is the issue I have with personal interpretation of Scripture. How easy was it for you to instantly misread/misinterpret what was clearly intended?

The Second Vatican would not exist if not for the First Vatican.

This show the changing teachings of the Catholic church and how it is NOT "infallible" when it comes to the doctrines of the "Church".
GT; a changing of practice is not demonstration of fallible nature. The moral and dogmatic doctrines are the things that can be declared infallible by the Church.

Anything else, which would be called "practice," is not infallible. Practices makes sense to change, so long as they do not conflict with moral/dogmatic truths. The Church, and the Pope, are only infallible when they speak/declare matters as moral/dogmatic truths.

There is no possible way for me to be more clear and concise, that I know of. What I have posited above, regarding Papal Infallibility is the doctrine that is held by Catholicism. Any "fact" that disagrees or is aggregate to what I have just placed in bold, underline, etc, is NOT TRUE (thus, it is false).

jsanford108

Just some BLASPHEMY FROM THE POPES

* “The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth.” Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, “Cities Petrus Bertanous”.

* Pope Nicholas I declared: ” the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who ,being God, cannot be judged by man.”(Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)

* The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, He is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh.” Catholic National July 1895

* “We hold upon this earth the place of Almighty God” Pope Leo XIII Encyclical Letter of June 20,1894

May I ask your source material?

The first one, Barclay, is quite simple. It is a false quote. A lie, if you will. Barclay has promoted falsehoods and lies about the Catholic Church intentionally.

As for the others, I assure you, I will research their validity, and get back to you about them. Unless you provide source material before I get the chance.

God's Truth

May I ask your source material?

The first one, Barclay, is quite simple. It is a false quote. A lie, if you will. Barclay has promoted falsehoods and lies about the Catholic Church intentionally.

As for the others, I assure you, I will research their validity, and get back to you about them. Unless you provide source material before I get the chance.

I know what Catholics teach. They teach that the pope is the successor of Peter and they are infallible.

God's Truth

You don't seem to grasp what is Papal Infallibility.

You do not seem to understand what it is; or, your religion has taught you to change it up when caught in error.

It is not saying that the man is infallible. Only that his declarations about moral and dogmatic truths are infallible. A common falsehood and systematic misinformation campaign is this umbrella of absolute infallibility.
The popes think that what they say is infallible because what Peter said was.

GT, what you believe to be the doctrine of Papal Infallibility is wrong.
What you believe is wrong.
A common falsehood and systematic misinformation campaign is this umbrella of absolute infallibility.
I am not blaming you for this falsehood, rather whoever told you this.
I hear people deny all the time the things they don’t want to see about their denomination of choice.

The fact that there is a Vatican II is proof that the CATHOLICS KNOW pope Paul changed that were supposed to be INFALLIBLE.

Lol think about it some more before you waste time telling me how wrong I am.

Regarding the Eucharist? Please, provide such proof that I said there were "no guidelines regarding the Eucharist?"
No, I am not going that route. I am just glad that you admit there are guidelines that are not biblical and from the apostate Catholic church.

I agree. Did you know there is only one denomination which has not changed its stance on morality, or doctrine?

I am talking about God’s Truth and the Catholic church.

Can you name a demonic doctrine of the Catholic Church?

The Holy Bible says false doctrines are doctrines from demons.

You will try to say it is tradition with a little‘t’, or some other type of excuse, but it will not wash. Anything a church teaches and practices is doctrine, whether they want to admit it or not.

Interesting fact: the Satanic Church perfectly trying to inverse every Catholic doctrine and practice. So, why does this occur? You never hear of a Black Sermon, a Black Revival, or a Satanic Preacher. Why does the Black Mass consist of stealing a consecrated Host from a Catholic Mass, in order to desecrate it?
If the Catholic denomination was Satanic, then this would not make sense to undermine one's own perversion.

2 Corinthians 11:14And no wonder, for Satan himselfmasquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.
GT, you misread/misinterpreted my words. I said "Whoever gave you this information is seriously spreading lies and falsehoods. I would say maliciously so." The malicious application is directed solely at the source which told you the falsehoods regarding Catholicism.
I am not misunderstanding anything. You are calling me malicious, or ignorant of the Catholic church. You need to stop fooling yourself into thinking I don’t know the Catholic church.
You see, this is the issue I have with personal interpretation of Scripture. How easy was it for you to instantly misread/misinterpret what was clearly intended?
No, you are wrong there is nothing I misread.
GT; a changing of practice is not demonstration of fallible nature. The moral and dogmatic doctrines are the things that can be declared infallible by the Church.
You are not speaking the truth. The reason why many of the Catholics were upset is because pope Paul changed what was supposed to be unchangeable. Now I am not going to listen to you keep denying that obvious.

Anything else, which would be called "practice," is not infallible. Practices makes sense to change, so long as they do not conflict with moral/dogmatic truths. The Church, and the Pope, are only infallible when they speak/declare matters as moral/dogmatic truths.
That is the lie you swallowed and want me to.

There is no possible way for me to be more clear and concise, that I know of. What I have posited above, regarding Papal Infallibility is the doctrine that is held by Catholicism. Any "fact" that disagrees or is aggregate to what I have just placed in bold, underline, etc, is NOT TRUE (thus, it is false).
That is your false opinion, because the EVIDENCE is a SECOND VATICAN. Now move on and try to defend your apostate church in all the other things that I have proven is against God.

jsanford108

I know what Catholics teach. They teach that the pope is the successor of Peter and they are infallible.
Yes, Catholics believe and teach that the pope is the successor of Peter. And, that the pope has infallibility. That has not been denied at any point.

You do not seem to understand what it is; or, your religion has taught you to change it up when caught in error.

The popes think that what they say is infallible because what Peter said was.

What you believe is wrong.

I hear people deny all the time the things they don’t want to see about their denomination of choice.

The fact that there is a Vatican II is proof that the CATHOLICS KNOW pope Paul changed that were supposed to be INFALLIBLE.

Lol think about it some more before you waste time telling me how wrong I am.

No, I am not going that route. I am just glad that you admit there are guidelines that are not biblical and from the apostate Catholic church.

I am talking about God’s Truth and the Catholic church.

The Holy Bible says false doctrines are doctrines from demons.

You will try to say it is tradition with a little‘t’, or some other type of excuse, but it will not wash. Anything a church teaches and practices is doctrine, whether they want to admit it or not.

2 Corinthians 11:14And no wonder, for Satan himselfmasquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.

I am not misunderstanding anything. You are calling me malicious, or ignorant of the Catholic church. You need to stop fooling yourself into thinking I don’t know the Catholic church.

No, you are wrong there is nothing I misread.

You are not speaking the truth. The reason why many of the Catholics were upset is because pope Paul changed what was supposed to be unchangeable. Now I am not going to listen to you keep denying that obvious.

That is the lie you swallowed and want me to.

That is your false opinion, because the EVIDENCE is a SECOND VATICAN. Now move on and try to defend your apostate church in all the other things that I have proven is against God.
My friend, we cannot proceed if you are going to deny fact.

Every single part of the above response is in error. Logically, factually, rationally.
How can you know what I believe better than I? That is not possible.

If I explain a doctrine, which is easily found in the Catechism, it is a factual explanation of that doctrine, since it is supported by the source from which it came. If you deny the elements of a doctrine with the claim "that is not what they believe/teach/etc," then you are promoting and preferring ignorance and falsehood.

Thus far, you have not proven anything. You have argued, recycling phrases and points, rather than address questions posed and illogical highlights. I thought it was going slightly well, but then this last post seems to demonstrate a closed mind to fact. My doctrinal defenses are the same ones presented within the Catechism, as well as various Catholic Apologists. There has been no misrepresentation on my part, nor denial or false opinion.

It is quite easy to see, since with various claims, I have maintained my position, citing pretty much the same evidence over and over. So, your charges of me denying things, stating false opinions, etc are all untrue and false. Easily provable, since we can review our discussion substantially. I have even asked that you provide evidence (which would be undeniable, and in line with the standards of the OP) of my denial/altering of stance/etc. Yet, you just refuse. Could that be due to you knowing that my stance has not changed? The more we progress, the more closed off you appear to facts. If this is the manner in which we are to proceed, then we should stop, as it would be unproductive.

Now, I am willing to go on. And I will continue to hold you accountable to the standards and principles listed in the OP. As you should also do with me. The way to do this is to be open, honest, and logical. If one transgresses either of these three, it is easily proven; and we should call the other out, respectfully, and demonstrate their error using logic, and if need be, evidence of their dishonesty/illogical claim/closed off approach.

If you wish to continue, as I do, then agree to these standards and principles*. And let us progress to whatever topic or claim you have regarding Catholicism (You can even state the subject and let me open with my stance or doctrinal belief, if that makes you more comfortable).

*If you agree, please state it specifically in your next post. This will give us each positive, irrefutable proof that we are agreeing to these principles.

I, jsanford, agree to be open, honest, and logical in this discussion. Any transgression of this on my part is welcomed to be demonstrated and presented accurately.