An Open Invitation to Civil Discussion

God's Truth

Yes, Catholics believe and teach that the pope is the successor of Peter. And, that the pope has infallibility. That has not been denied at any point.
You do deny it. You deny it as an out when you know your denomination teaches falseness.
Peter didn't teach falseness, but the Catholic's popes do. There is no such thing as a successor of Peter. The Catholic church teaches things against the Word of God.
My friend, we cannot proceed if you are going to deny fact.

That is ironic, for you are going against all the truth that I show you from the Bible.

Every single part of the above response is in error. Logically, factually, rationally.
How can you know what I believe better than I? That is not possible.
It is possible. You are ensnared that is how. I understand how it is for someone to repent for following falseness.
If I explain a doctrine, which is easily found in the Catechism, it is a factual explanation of that doctrine, since it is supported by the source from which it came. If you deny the elements of a doctrine with the claim "that is not what they believe/teach/etc," then you are promoting and preferring ignorance and falsehood.

I prove that the Catholics go against God's Word.

Thus far, you have not proven anything. You have argued, recycling phrases and points, rather than address questions posed and illogical highlights.
You are wrong about me. You are personally attacking me because you don't like what I say about the Catholic denomination.

I thought it was going slightly well, but then this last post seems to demonstrate a closed mind to fact.

You have not defended your denomination with any proof.
You started to attack me by bringing up things about malicious lies on your church and how I don't understand the religion I was in for a long time.
My doctrinal defenses are the same ones presented within the Catechism, as well as various Catholic Apologists. There has been no misrepresentation on my part, nor denial or false opinion.
You haven't had any defenses. What do you think you have defended and how?

I give you scripture where Jesus says call no man 'father' and that they are brothers.

You haven't shown how you obey Jesus in that.

The Catholic religion goes against God by making brothers 'fathers' to each other.

I gave you scripture where we are told Jesus is the only intercessor, but the Catholic church makes Mary an intercessor. I have even given you Catholic prayers to Mary to prove it to you.

And what have you said about the Catholics bowing to the statues? What do you have to say for your priests incensing images?

I have also shown you with many scriptures on how we eat Jesus.

Your Catholic denomination thinks they turn the wafers into the real flesh of Jesus. They are like cannibals.

Jesus says it is SPIRITUAL. Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God and he is not in wafers.

I can hardly believe that you said you have defended what the Catholics do.

God's Truth

In this post I want to help demolish any doubts in favor of Catholicism that anyone may have. I want to strengthen others in the Truth, those who love God’s Word.

The word of God warns us against idols, yet the Catholic religion makes statues to idolize, they even idolize relics. Relics are the material possessions belonging to the so-called Catholic Saints. The Catholics bow and pray to these relics. Relics are even the dead decayed remains of these “Saints.” Catholics believe that the bodies of these Saints are incorruptible, meaning not decayed. Pictures speak for themselves whether or not these remains have decayed. Catholics remove their “Saints” from their graves, and then they put these remains on display in see-through glass caskets for praying to and venerating. In this post will be pictures of Catholics venerating their dead.

There are many more pictures like these. However, here are enough to expose the Catholic religion.

Matthew 23:27 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean.

Ephesians 5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

God's Truth

In one picture, the Vatican priests carry the decayed body of a “Saint” on their shoulders to bring to the Catholic faithful, to allow them to venerate the decayed body.

the-vatican-priests-carry-the-skeleton-on-their-shoulders-in-front-of-faithful-catholics.jpg

Catholics pray to dead Saints, and they even hope for a healing from them.

roman-catholic-priests-venerate-adore-and-wordhip-in-front-of-a-skeleton.jpg

Catholics even transport dead “Saints” to America, so that American Catholics can venerate the dead too.
bosco-tour.jpg

bosco41.jpg

the-corpse-of-don-bosco-is-brough-into-an-american-church-to-be-venerated.jpg

As you can see from a couple of pictures here that one particular “Saint,” Don Bosco has now a reconstructed life-like face, a silicone mask, the type used in museums, his face was at a stage of decomposing that was not good to show when the body was exhumed.

God's Truth

We see from some of the pictures that the Popes, priests, nuns, and Catholics pray to and worship in front of decayed corpses.

st-rose-and-the-pope.jpg

st-rose.jpg

The pope is praying to "St. Rose".

God's Truth

Catholics exhume the remains of their so-called “Saints,” then they encase them in see-through glass and gold, so that Catholics can worship them, and they do not know that this is sin?

Catholics exhuming dead bodies to pray to and venerate is not something that happened a long time ago, as we can see from the pictures a recent Pope Benedict XVI venerates corpses. There are probably more recent pictures, but I have found no reason to search for anymore. It is not something that only happens in remote places…as we can see that even American Catholics believe in venerating the decayed dead.

These macabre pictures and practices we would expect in a satanic religion. We do find them in a satanic religion, after-all, since Satan masquerades as an angel of light in the many false religions, including the Catholic denomination.

st-francis-xavier.jpg

roman-catholic-priest.jpg

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions.…

God's Truth

After Jesus was crucified, he preached to those who were dead, he preached to the spirits in prison/hell, the spirits of those who had died and disobeyed long ago (see 1 Peter 3:18-19).

The gates of Hell could not keep Jesus there. It is only Jesus' body who did not see decay; not the many dead "Saints" the catholic popes dig up and claim those decayed bodies are not what they seem.

Psalm 26:10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.

That is only about Jesus. That is not about Peter or anyone but Jesus.

Acts 13:35
So also, He says in another Psalm: 'You will not let your Holy One see decay.'

Psalm 49:9
That he should live on eternally, That he should not undergo decay.

The Catholics have many misunderstandings about God's Truth.

The popes say those "Saints" were left without decay.

Are they blind?

God's Truth

[MENTION=15148]CatholicCrusader[/MENTION]

Come and join in over here in this thread.

See if you can defend your false catholic teachings.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
[MENTION=15148]CatholicCrusader[/MENTION]

Come and join in over here in this thread.

See if you can defend your false catholic teachings.

You wouldn't know God if he bit you on your ankle. You haven't got the slightest clue about Catholic teachings, and you know nothing of "God's Truth". I have neither the time nor the inclination to discuss Christian Theology with a man like you who spews out lies and hatred from one side of his mouth while talking about Jesus from the other side.

God's Truth

You wouldn't know God if he bit you on your ankle. You haven't got the slightest clue about Catholic teachings, and you know nothing of "God's Truth". I have neither the time nor the inclination to discuss Christian Theology with a man like you who spews out lies and hatred from one side of his mouth while talking about Jesus from the other side.

Now that is some false judgments.

genuineoriginal

You don't seem to grasp what is Papal Infallibility. It is not saying that the man is infallible. Only that his declarations about moral and dogmatic truths are infallible.
The Bible shows that even God is not infallible (He repented of His decisions in several instances), so why would fallible men want to claim that the Pope is infallible?

jsanford108

The Bible shows that even God is not infallible (He repented of His decisions in several instances), so why would fallible men want to claim that the Pope is infallible?

An interesting question.

In order to really dive into this, how do you know God is fallible?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GT is a foolish woman.

jsanford108

Genesis 6:6
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.​

So, you conclude that God is fallible, based on Scripture. Is Scripture fallible?

At some point, you must have an infallible source; otherwise, there is no objective truth. In order for there to be good/evil, there must be a Pure Good; a source of Goodness itself. For there to be truth, there must be a source of Pure Truth itself. Otherwise, there are no objective realities.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

genuineoriginal

At some point, you must have an infallible source;
There is no need for an infallible source.

otherwise, there is no objective truth.
Humans are incapable of objective truth, all of our truths are subjective.

In order for there to be good/evil, there must be a Pure Good; a source of Goodness itself. For there to be truth, there must be a source of Pure Truth itself.
Where did you get those notions from?
Your statements and the ideas they represent do not come from the Bible.
I think they come from Greek Philosophy, which is the source of most of the errors in doctrine among Christians.

Otherwise, there are no objective realities.
Humans are incapable of objective realities, all of our realities are subjective.

jsanford108

There is no need for an infallible source.
Then one can never know anything to be absolutely true. Without an infallible source, truth and objective fact cannot exist.

Humans are incapable of objective truth, all of our truths are subjective.
I would say this is false.

2 + 2 = 4. I am a male. I have black hair. All of these are objective facts. Do you disagree?

Where did you get those notions from?
Your statements and the ideas they represent do not come from the Bible.
I think they come from Greek Philosophy, which is the source of most of the errors in doctrine among Christians.
These notions come from what is called "The Attributes of God," and logic.

If God is lacking in any Good, Just, Moral, Truthful thing, then He is not God. God must exist above and outside of creation, as the ultimate and unlimited source of Good/Truth/Justice/Morality/Love/etc.

If you have no infallible source, then you cannot have a grasp on truth; for if your source is questionable in nature, then it cannot be reliable as a source of truth. Basic logic here.

Humans are incapable of objective realities, all of our realities are subjective.
How do you know you are correct?

genuineoriginal

Then one can never know anything to be absolutely true. Without an infallible source, truth and objective fact cannot exist.

2 + 2 = 4. I am a male. I have black hair. All of these are objective facts. Do you disagree?
1 + 1 + 1 = 11
This is a fact.

Binary Addition
Adding binary numbers is a very simple task, and very similar to the longhand addition of decimal numbers. As with decimal numbers, you start by adding the bits (digits) one column, or place weight, at a time, from right to left. Unlike decimal addition, there is little to memorize in the way of rules for the addition of binary bits:

0 + 0 = 0
1 + 0 = 1
0 + 1 = 1
1 + 1 = 10
1 + 1 + 1 = 11

It is not an objective fact, since it is also true that 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

These notions come from what is called "The Attributes of God," and logic.
Yes, they come from Greek Philosophy and not from the Bible.

The Attributes of God
The Greek Philosophers worked with the idea of perfection and the single source of all things as being all perfect and all good. This concept was not associated with the deity of the Hebrews at the time of Moses. The god or deity of the Jews and then of the Christian and Islamic peoples came to have these characteristics associated with it as every quality thought to be good would need to be in the All Good being to an infinite degree:
Supreme Being
Eternal Being
All Perfect
Beneficent Being- All good
All Powerful- Omnipotent
All Knowing- Omniscient
All Good
All Present- Omnipresent
All Just
All Loving
All Merciful
All Kind
All Charitable
All Forgiving
All Understanding
All Sympathetic
In other words if it is good thing, then the one god of the West was thought to have that feature and to have it to an infinite degree!

PROBLEM: Well the story of the one deity of the Hebrews became inconsistent with a being that was all good and all loving .​

jsanford108

1 + 1 + 1 = 11
This is a fact.

Binary Addition
Adding binary numbers is a very simple task, and very similar to the longhand addition of decimal numbers. As with decimal numbers, you start by adding the bits (digits) one column, or place weight, at a time, from right to left. Unlike decimal addition, there is little to memorize in the way of rules for the addition of binary bits:

0 + 0 = 0
1 + 0 = 1
0 + 1 = 1
1 + 1 = 10
1 + 1 + 1 = 11

It is not an objective fact, since it is also true that 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.
You have created an exception and specialization. This does not negate my original point. If you wish to use mathematical and technical slights of hand, then let us restrict ourselves to even greater confines.

I am a male. I have black hair. These are objective facts, yes or no? Why?

Yes, they come from Greek Philosophy and not from the Bible.

The Attributes of God
The Greek Philosophers worked with the idea of perfection and the single source of all things as being all perfect and all good. This concept was not associated with the deity of the Hebrews at the time of Moses. The god or deity of the Jews and then of the Christian and Islamic peoples came to have these characteristics associated with it as every quality thought to be good would need to be in the All Good being to an infinite degree:
Supreme Being
Eternal Being
All Perfect
Beneficent Being- All good
All Powerful- Omnipotent
All Knowing- Omniscient
All Good
All Present- Omnipresent
All Just
All Loving
All Merciful
All Kind
All Charitable
All Forgiving
All Understanding
All Sympathetic
In other words if it is good thing, then the one god of the West was thought to have that feature and to have it to an infinite degree!

PROBLEM: Well the story of the one deity of the Hebrews became inconsistent with a being that was all good and all loving .​
The source of logic is God; no matter whether Greek, Roman, or Chinese. God is the author of logic. Just because a analysis is made by a person, extrabiblically, does not negate the truth of it.

Addressing your "Problem": How is the Hebrew God inconsistent with a being that is all good and all loving?

Again, let me posit this to you: How do you know you are correct?

genuineoriginal

I am a male. I have black hair. These are objective facts, yes or no? Why?
No, they are not objective, they are subjective.
You may have heard that there has been a redefinition of gender so it no longer relates to biological sex, so "male" no longer has a definite meaning.
Black hair ranges from dark chestnut and deep brown to black, so it is difficult to determine if your hair is really black or not.

The source of logic is God; no matter whether Greek, Roman, or Chinese. God is the author of logic. Just because a analysis is made by a person, extrabiblically, does not negate the truth of it.
Your ideas about the attributes of God come from Greek Philosophy.

Addressing your "Problem": How is the Hebrew God inconsistent with a being that is all good and all loving?
The article linked in my post goes into more detail on that if you are interested.

Again, let me posit this to you: How do you know you are correct?
The attributes typically attributed to God by well-intentioned Christians does not match up with the accounts about God from the Bible.