An appeal to 2P2Ps

john w

Hall of Fame
...stop worshipping the KJV.[/B]
"Nyet,"("The Russian"), Interloper, "KJV/bible worship" would be worshiping the rock, papyrus, pages, upon which the words were engraved, you pathetic drone. You call that "bible worship, "idolatry," which is a code name for "I don't study the book's own testimony about itself, so, being the biblical buffoon that I am, I will just throw up another cliche, that I read in a book, on another bible rejecting agnostic/mystic sight, and I will be just fine.....Professor Judas tells me so."

No, punk, the Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the esteem,the respect, the awe we are commanded to have for the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12 KJV

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4 KJV

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10 KJV

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161KJV

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah KJV 66:2

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48 KJV

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1 KJV

Members of the boc esteem, praise, magnify, and glorify what the LORD God esteems, praises, magnifies, and glorifies, and at which he demands that we trembleth at, and which He magnifies, above over His name-His word. In contrast, you, the "dusty book" worshiper, cliche that as "bible worship, idolatry"-sophistry, false dichotomy, deception.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is the favored reading of the best 5 manuscripts.

Catch that 3 Card Monty, TOL audience?

"the best 5 manuscripts?" What happened to that pure, true, sure, preserved word of God? There are "better" words of God, but not this elusive, desert mirage of pure, true, sure, preserved word of God, eh sport?

And what would those ATWOG, "almost the word of God" 5 ms. be, Lamont?

john w

Hall of Fame
In fairness, he was referring to the original copies of texts the various English Bibles are based on.
Quite irrelevant, as those "originals" do not exist, either. Scripture is never said to be referencing "originals," whether it be "copies of texts the various English Bibles," "the original ink," "the original 10 commandments written in stone,".....-it is always copies. Hence, the need for preservation.

"It is not that complicated."-Mayor STP

Danoh

Quite irrelevant, as those "originals" do not exist, either. Scripture is never said to be referencing "originals," whether it be "copies of texts the various English Bibles," "the original ink," "the original 10 commandments written in stone,".....-it is always copies. Hence, the need for preservation.

Those are not the original copies talked about when this subject comes up.

Rather, the original copies of today's English Bibles that said Bibles are translated from, including copies of the text the KJV translated from - much of it based on English Bibles that came before it.

And yes to your other point - in Scripture, copies are the issue - they bear the same authority of the original writings if they carry its same words.

Case in point...

Deuteronomy 17:18 And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: 17:19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them: 17:20 That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left: to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel.

By the way, check this out - an orginal KJV....

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/?s=King+James&submit=Search

"Hilmarton, England (CNN) — A little English village church has just made a remarkable discovery..."

Interplanner

the usual method is to go with the reading favored by the best 5 manuscripts; there are no originals, and most of you have no memory.

Aleph, A, B, D and p46. The best 5.

I don't know the break down of which was which but 3 or 4 (majority) have Isaiah. It has NOTHING to do with the NIV.

john w

Hall of Fame
Those are not the original copies talked about when this subject comes up.

Rather, the original copies of today's English Bibles that said Bibles are translated from, including copies of the text the KJV translated from - much of it based on English Bibles that came before it.

And yes to your other point - in Scripture, copies are the issue - they bear the same authority of the original writings if they carry its same words.

Case in point...

Deuteronomy 17:18 And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: 17:19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them: 17:20 That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left: to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel.

By the way, check this out - an orginal KJV....

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/?s=King+James&submit=Search

"Hilmarton, England (CNN) — A little English village church has just made a remarkable discovery..."

Agreed.

Interplanner

I like how IP alludes to scripture passages, without a specific quote, and then gives his interpretation as if it's fact.

I do! "God had promised to place one of (David's) descendants on his throne; ...David foresaw the resurrection of the Christ."

Fact!

You find it.

Danoh

I do! "God had promised to place one of (David's) descendants on his throne; ...David foresaw the resurrection of the Christ."

Fact!

You find it.

Hey knucklehead, its' not that he does not know the chapter and verse. Rather that you appear to have a serious problem against laying out any passages.

You'll cite one book writer or another but God forbid you post Scripture; you books based fraud.

Interplanner

Yes, that was my point.

He will rattle off Mt24A, Eph2B, and Gen 24C and pronounce his summary as if it's fact.

I haven't quoted another book for months, except an official Greek grammar like Metzger's or B-A-G's lexicon. As usual, everything you say is innaccurate, which is why this thread keeps going. Your basic facts about me are muck and fraud.

I'm sure you will now post jokes about B-A-G without looking it up. There are only a few out there (original source-quoting lexicons). btw, there is no relation between the G there and the former professor at Multnomah U.

Danoh

I haven't quoted another book for months, except an official Greek grammar like Metzger's or B-A-G's lexicon. As usual, everything you say is innaccurate, which is why this thread keeps going. Your basic facts about me are muck and fraud.

I'm sure you will now post jokes about B-A-G without looking it up. There are only a few out there (original source-quoting lexicons). btw, there is no relation between the G there and the former professor at Multnomah U.

Here, I'll start off the jokes B-A-G = Brag About Greek :chuckle:

Danoh

By the way, you missed one, IP - it's B-A-G-D. You know how fussy your hoity-toity scholars get when not mentioned :chuckle:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Fact!

You find it.

True...and the Lord Jesus will sit and reign from David's throne at His coming in glory with all the holy angels with Him.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

SaulToPaul 2

Huh?