An appeal to 2P2Ps

Interplanner

My main appeal to 2P2P is to stop imagining things.

1, when reading Rom 11, stop imagining a Davidic theocracy re-established on earth. The passage is not about that; it is never lurking behind any keywords etc. Ch 11 wants Jewish people to be part of the Christian mission.

The quote of Isaiah is treated as already fulfilled, which I know is painful to your minds about the new covenant. It 'reads' as though future because of the profound fact that Paul was in Isaiah's future. But it is not about ours, not when all of its features are in operation since Christ.

'Saved' in Romans, in these chapters, is never about a future Davidic theocracy re-established on earth. It is about justification from sins. The true 'Israel' he has been talking about (when not speaking about the ethne's general unbelief) will be justified from their sins!

2, when reading Heb 8 and 10 on the new covenant, stop imagining a Davidic theocracy re-established on this earth. They don't know anything about it. There is the NHNE, and if you mean that, fine. But most of what I hear is this confusing stuff where a short reign, quite flawed, is supposed to happen on earth, only to collapse and be redone anyway. this is apparently 'repayment' for years lost to locusts, but not 1828 years lost later, which is insulting to Jews everywhere, but qualifies as 'sensible' to several 2P2P folks.

3, when reading Acts 1, stop imagining that a Davidic theocracy almost got set up then. It is quite clear that what was supposed to take place is what did take place. If you mean the final judgement of God was hanging close, I would have to agree, but it has been delayed, and that delay is actually something after the destruction of Jerusalem since Christ gave a 'clock' in Lk 23:29 (babies nursing when he said that would be adults at the DofJ). A generation was given to Israel to join the Christian mission, with the unique warning of total destruction and disinheritance, Acts 3:23.

Paul tried to make a similar warning in ch 26's hearing saying that the things Israel was seeking by continuing the worship system day and night were to be found in the resurrection of Christ and already present for the taking. That is not imaginary.

4, Hebrews says Christ is the fulfillment of the day of atonement, so stop imagining there is some schedule of 'feasts' to fulfill that. Yes, there is the final day of judgement of the whole earth. I don't know if a 'feast' symbolizes that or not. It would also make sense that there was a symbol of the 2nd DofJ because that was a major event for Israel. That is not imaginary. It is the 'fulfillment of wrath of all that is written' says Lk 21.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How does IP imagine that this is for Gentiles?

Heb 8:8
Jer 31:31

He's a funny little guy.

Well ya' see, when god changed the meaning of the words Israel and Judah in the letter to the Hebrews, it retroactively changed the meaning of the words Israel and Judah in Jeremiah. Of course, to Jeremiah the words Israel and Judah meant the descendants of the people that GOD delivered from slavery in Egypt.
He was unaware that god was going to change all that. As a result, the prophet Jeremiah is effectively removed from history. I think he got swirled up in a vortex of some sort and is now in the Twilight Zone.
By the way, the letter entitled 'Hebrews' doesn't really mean 'Hebrews'. It means 'He brews'. I think it's a brewery somewhere in the Bronx.

SaulToPaul 2

Well ya' see, when god changed the meaning of the words Israel and Judah in the letter to the Hebrews, it retroactively changed the meaning of the words Israel and Judah in Jeremiah. Of course, to Jeremiah the words Israel and Judah meant the descendants of the people that GOD delivered from slavery in Egypt.
He was unaware that god was going to change all that. As a result, the prophet Jeremiah is effectively removed from history. I think he got swirled up in a vortex of some sort and is now in the Twilight Zone.
By the way, the letter entitled 'Hebrews' doesn't really mean 'Hebrews'. It means 'He brews'. I think it's a brewery somewhere in the Bronx.

Is there some obscure Greek word that would better explain the changeover?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ohhh ahhh, that's so deep.

1747.gif

Danoh

I like how IP alludes to scripture passages, without a specific quote, and then gives his interpretation as if it's fact.

His is the typically recurrent pattern of those who read "about" the Scripture in their endless books "about" - they talk about "the ideas" and "the material" they read "about" in said endless books "about."

Very often, other than cite the passage reference, said books "about" do not quote the passages of Scripture, rather; they only talk "about" the passages.

Their readers not only ending up concluding they themselves now know a thing or two, but end up without not much Scripture in them.

We have each lost count of how many so called "Bible based " experts we have met who are like that.

In contrast to the person who actually invests a great deal of time in Scripture - he or she often ends up memorizing both the passages and their chapter and verse reference simply due to all that time they have put in in the Scripture itself.

IP is a books based fraud.

Jerry Shugart

..when reading Rom 11, stop imagining a Davidic theocracy re-established on earth.

My appeal to you is to stop teaching that a Davidic theoracy will not be re-established on the earth. If you have an understanding of the "throne of David" then you would no longer be deceived on this subject.

From the very beginning the throne of David and the Davidic kingdom were both earthly in nature, as witnessed by the following words:

"Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly" (1 Ki. 2:12).​

Solomon sat upon the throne of David on the earth and his kingdom which was established was one which was earthly.Now let us look at the Lord's promises made to David in regard to that throne and kingdom:

"I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever...And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever" (2 Sam.7:12-13).​

Since the throne and the kingdom were both "earthly" in nature then we can know that God established the earthly throne and the earthly kingdom FOR EVER. God also said that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

Some say that God did "alter" His promise to David because the "throne of David" was changed from an earthly throne into a heavenly one.

According to them God did lie when He promised David that He would not "alter" his promises because the teaching of some Christians is based on the idea that God changed the throne from an earthly one into a heavenly one.

Here the Lord Jesus speaks of sitting upon His throne when He returns to the earth:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

SaulToPaul 2

The quote of Isaiah is treated as already fulfilled, which I know is painful to your minds about the new covenant. It 'reads' as though future because of the profound fact that Paul was in Isaiah's future. But it is not about ours, not when all of its features are in operation since Christ.
Romans 11
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Acts 3
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

This is not difficult to understand, IP.
But it is difficult for you to believe, apparently.

Why?

Interplanner

Romans 11
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Acts 3
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

This is not difficult to understand, IP.
But it is difficult for you to believe, apparently.

Why?

That shows that it is current! And its Peter not Paul, preaching the same message as Paul! Wow! They were offered justification from their sins. Just as the Gospel always does! It is not an offer of a theocracy and it is not an offer of something at the 2nd coming. It's always clear, and thanks for quoting it!

Christ is accepted by heaven---proof of his perfect sacrifice, proof that he is the Holy One who would not see corruption. Then everything on earth will be replaced to what it should in the NHNE. Fantastic, hey? But not Judaistic.

SaulToPaul 2

That shows that it is current! And its Peter not Paul, preaching the same message as Paul! Wow! They were offered justification from their sins. Just as the Gospel always does! It is not an offer of a theocracy and it is not an offer of something at the 2nd coming. It's always clear, and thanks for quoting it!

Christ is accepted by heaven---proof of his perfect sacrifice, proof that he is the Holy One who would not see corruption. Then everything on earth will be replaced to what it should in the NHNE. Fantastic, hey? But not Judaistic.

:chuckle:

Poor confused soul.
Your confusion is due to unbelief.