Act NOW to Save Terri Schiavo!

C

cattyfan

Zakath said:
The sorrowful reaction of the religionists here is puzzling... :confused:

... don't you believe that Terri Schaivo is in the presence of your deity, i.e. "in heaven"?

If so, why aren't you rejoicing that she is free and whole once again instead of being shackled to a broken mortal shell?

:confused:

you're being deliberately obtuse...you know we'er glad she's in heaven...we're sorrowful because she got there through being murdered.

We believe all things in God's time, not all things in a disgruntled adulterous husband's and ignorant court system's time.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
cattyfan said:
you're being deliberately obtuse...
No I'm not. I'm being serious, for a change.

you know we'er glad she's in heaven...we're sorrowful because she got there through being murdered.
Thank you for clarifying.

So would that mean you are sorry Paul and Peter got to heaven by being martyred as well?

On Fire

cattyfan said:
you're being deliberately obtuse...you know we'er glad she's in heaven...we're sorrowful because she got there through being murdered.

We believe all things in God's time, not all things in a disgruntled adulterous husband's and ignorant court system's time.
:up:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
Because we had NO right to kill her and she did not want to die.
If God wanted her in Heaven sooner, He would have taken her.

I do wonder, from a Christian perspective, how this tragedy is reconciled.

After all, why DIDN'T he allow her to die when she had the heart attack?

Sad end to a sad story.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
The sorrowful reaction of the religionists here is puzzling... :confused:

... don't you believe that Terri Schaivo is in the presence of your deity, i.e. "in heaven"?
I don't know if she was a "saved Christian " or not
If so, why aren't you rejoicing that she is free and whole once again instead of being shackled to a broken mortal shell?

:confused:
Now that she has been murdered I guess it is good that her murder is not continual and ongoing. Does that answer your question?

Chileice

Zakath said:
No I'm not. I'm being serious, for a change.

Thank you for clarifying.

So would that mean you are sorry Paul and Peter got to heaven by being martyred as well?

Actually, yes. I am even sorry Jesus got there through the cross. The beauty of redemption is that God can take csomething horrible like the cross or martyrdom or starving someone to death and give that evil event meaning and some positive benefit for those who seek redemption. It's like taking a crummy paper coupon to the store and turning it into something of value... only on a much greater scale.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
granite1010 said:
I do wonder, from a Christian perspective, how this tragedy is reconciled.

After all, why DIDN'T he allow her to die when she had the heart attack?

Sad end to a sad story.

God has the right to take His creation up to Heaven whenever HE chooses. We do not have that right.

Terri did not die after her heart attack because her body still functioned and she lived. God is not going to deliberately kill someone after they have a heart attack or get sick, the body can still recover and heal itself.

Also, being disabled is not the same as being dead, but in this case we made sure it was.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
God has the right to take His creation up to Heaven whenever HE chooses.
If there were a deity, I suppose that argument would make sense, yes.

We do not have that right.
Why not?

Terri did not die after her heart attack because her body still functioned and she lived.
Terry did not die after her cardiac arrest because she was resusitated. Her body quit functioning and well trained medical personnel were able to restart her heart.

God is not going to deliberately kill someone after they have a heart attack or get sick, the body can still recover and heal itself.
And you know the will of god for every person on the planet?

Also, being disabled is not the same as being dead...
Agreed.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:

Because God did not give us the right to kill innocent people, that would go against God's character.

Zakath said:
Terry did not die after her cardiac arrest because she was resusitated. Her body quit functioning and well trained medical personnel were able to restart her heart.

As they should have, we should try to save people who have heart attacks.

Zakath said:
And you know the will of god for every person on the planet?

Again, God does not will that we kill ANY innocent person.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
Because God did not give us the right to kill innocent people, that would go against God's character.
:ha:
About one out of four pregnancies ends in spontaneous abortion. Sure sounds like the deity's not really bent out of shape about killing the innocent or else he'd step in and rectify the situation...

... of course he could have stepped in to rectify the situation in the Schaivo case to...

... but nothing happened... :think:

Generally, I would not argue that point. There are cases, I believe, in which that is not the proper course of action.

See my point above...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Agape4Robin said:
Just a quote Zak.....but just goes to show that even secular music can have some profound insight. :thumb:
Profound... particularly when it agrees with your preconceptions, eh? ;)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:

Oh, bull. Jehovah killed infants and women on the regular, and encouraged his followers to commit atrocities and genocide. The Israelites weren't held accountable for their murder, rape, and vandalism. What makes you think anything has changed? His character is pretty capricious.

In any event if we believe you, he allowed a beautiful woman in her prime to be cut down with a heart attack, let her brain fill with spinal fluid, and eventually let her starve and dehydrate to death, despite the prayers of her devout parents.

We are officially in the twilight zone.

Agape4Robin

granite1010 said:
Oh, bull. Jehovah killed infants and women on the regular, and encouraged his followers to commit atrocities and genocide. The Israelites weren't held accountable for their murder, rape, and vandalism. What makes you think anything has changed? His character is pretty capricious.
God did, huh? You obviously read the bible like you believe it.........like a story book.

In any event if we believe you, he allowed a beautiful woman in her prime to be cut down with a heart attack, let her brain fill with spinal fluid, and eventually let her starve and dehydrate to death, despite the prayers of her devout parents.
As if Terri was the only person that this ever happened to! Who are you to judge God?