ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The reference to "the Apostles and Prophets" in Ephesians, moron, as you've been shown numerous times, is not a reference to the 12, and "OT" prophets; it is referring to the apostles and prophets," "post Paul."

In that same Ephesians passage, it says "he led captivity captive" prior to giving the gifts.

Did that take place before the gifts were given?

Interplanner

btw, do any D'ists realize that when Messiah gave out these gifts, Paul listed what they were: leaders of the church. Is there any question then that the messianic age is the Christian mission? It's not the land promise of Judea!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
btw, do any D'ists realize that when Messiah gave out these gifts, Paul listed what they were: leaders of the church. Is there any question then that the messianic age is the Christian mission? It's not the land promise of Judea!

Not to mention that Paul quotes Psalm 68:18.

IOW, a prophecy from Psalm 68 was fulfilled to the believers in the Body of Christ.

Once again, Dispensationalism suffers another blow.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is worth showing again:

The OT prophecy:

(Psalm 68:18) Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men...

Then the Apostle Paul quotes the OT prophecy (to show that it was fulfilled)

(Eph 4:7) This is why it says:

“When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people.

Then Paul explains how and why the OT prophecy was fulfilled:

(Eph 4:12) to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

As we see, Psalm 68:18 was fulfilled when Christ Jesus gave gifts to men when He ascended into Heaven, so that the BOC could be built up.

This destroys MAD twice:

1) The Body of Christ existed at the ascension, it didn't begin with Paul.

2) An Old Testament prophecy was fulfilled by believers in the Body of Christ.

2 more Death Knells to MAD

Danoh

This is worth showing again:

The OT prophecy:

(Psalm 68:18) Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men...

Then the Apostle Paul quotes the OT prophecy (to show that it was fulfilled)

(Eph 4:7) This is why it says:

“When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people.

Then Paul explains how and why the OT prophecy was fulfilled:

(Eph 4:12) to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

As we see, Psalm 68:18 was fulfilled when Christ Jesus gave gifts to men when He ascended into Heaven, so that the BOC could be built up.

This destroys MAD twice:

1) The Body of Christ existed at the ascension, it didn't begin with Paul.

2) An Old Testament prophecy was fulfilled by believers in the Body of Christ.

2 more Death Knells to MAD

Nope; you've proved nothing other than the fact of your reading into a thing once more - which is what just about your every assertion on TOL has been from day one; even back when you were "aw shucks" and o so seemingly sincerely curious about Mid-Acts (if you ever actually were - God knoweth).

What is it, bro; you still haven't gotten over how Hilston embarrassed you so badly in your supposed attempt a debate with that great Bible student - or is it just you...being you? :chuckle:

Fact:

Pick up just about any book supposedly "about" how to study the Bible, and there is yours and just about everyone else out there's same, basic, generic, erroneous approach of "here is both what to read into a thing, and also, how you too can get really good at doing so; unaware that is what you are doing..."

I know that firsthand; I've read plenty of them; out of my curiousity with core Bible study principles by which to further sharpen my own study skills.

Most of said books turning out being nothing more the above same old same old...

Fact is that the Apostle Paul's citing of Psalms 68:18 in Ephesians 4:7 is very similar to what I recently pointed out on here to no avail, when I pointed out in another post why he uses the phrase "according to the Scriptures" in 1 Cor. 15.

Fact is that just as the Lord is depicted in Matthew thru John at times making use of a Principle in The OT that is different in His application of it, given His unique ministry and in stark contrast to that of His Prophets' use of said Principle in The OT before Him...

Likwise with the Apostle Paul's Christ inspired same practice in his writings...

Just as with the Lord before him; the Apostle Paul also often brings in a Principle that is the same in The OT, in The NC, and in The Mystery, but that is different in his application of it; given the uniqueness and distinctiveness of his Christ given ministry - in - this - Mystery Age.

Death knell my foot, bro.

But hey, bring it on; even when the other guy's sword is that of incompetence, said incompetence can nevertheless result in the "iron sharpeneth iron" of reflecting on a thing as to what it's principles might be.

For that much, bro; I appreciate your contribution - your kind can actually challenge one so inclined to seek out the principles of a thing being applied from both sides of a fence.

And that, is ever a worthwhile lesson to learn one useful thing or another from.

Yours in Him,

Rom. 5:8

Proverbs 27:17

dodge

Liars gotta lie.

dodge is a liar; he has to lie.

I know MAD is living a lie aint that something ?

You did not see anyone but MAD call into question what Jesus said where Jesus told Saul he was persecuting Him meaning those Jewish Christians were in the B.O.C. Again , proving MAD is a lie.

dodge

Since:
  • You don't know what MAD actually teaches
  • You don't actually read our posts
  • You lie constantly
You are not much on a "authority" on truth.

I know MAD is a confused , scripture denying , deception, and that MAD should be avoided by Christians because of the deceptions MAD tries to pass off as truth.

Right Divider

Body part
I know MAD is a confused , scripture denying , deception, and that MAD should be avoided by Christians because of the deceptions MAD tries to pass off as truth.
Since you've proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that you do NOT even know what MAD teaches, you are no "authority" in MAD or the Bible or truth.

You are just a juvenile unbelieving liar, all puffed up with yourself.