ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's quite the convoluted argument, John.

That's quite a cliche, WickedSlick. Google, or Bing?

Seeing how I don't want to wade out into that quagmire, I'll just pick and choose a point to address:

Stumped me there.

True. The passover lamb had to be pure and innocent. The original passover lambs were killed in order to paint the doorposts so the angel would pass over.

But how can you say it doesn't foretell a death? Passover is all about death. Shucks... Judaism is all about death. I think you must be missing some of those details you hold in high regard.

You missed it. I know it's quite deep, so I will slow it down for you. Take a deep breath, and follow the bouncing ball, Mitch:

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

Genesis 22:8 KJV
8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

You are dismissed, WickedStiff/Col.Klink. Take your seat.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 9:4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
Mat 9:5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

Wick Stick

That's quite a cliche, WickedSlick. Google, or Bing?
I do my best to temper your expectations. It's a low bar to get under, so forgive me if I get above it sometimes.

Stumped me there.
I'd have thunk you, of all people, would know his way around talk of swamps and such.

You missed it. I know it's quite deep, so I will slow it down for you. Take a deep breath, and follow the bouncing ball, Mitch:
You already did that song and dance, mate. It wasn't very good the first time 'round, either.

The passover lamb hasn't got anything to do with the burnt offering. It has to do with painting the doorposts with blood. Maybe you ought to go back to Exodus and re-read the original story?

You are dismissed, WickedStiff/Col.Klink. Take your seat.
If I'm Klink, then tell me Schultzy, what do you see? That's what I thought...

john w

Hall of Fame
I do my best to temper your expectations. It's a low bar to get under, so forgive me if I get above it sometimes.

I'd have thunk you, of all people, would know his way around talk of swamps and such.

You already did that song and dance, mate. It wasn't very good the first time 'round, either.

The passover lamb hasn't got anything to do with the burnt offering. It has to do with painting the doorposts with blood. Maybe you ought to go back to Exodus and re-read the original story?

If I'm Klink, then tell me Schultzy, what do you see? That's what I thought...

John 1:29 KJV does not say "Passover Lamb"....

Even slower...

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

Genesis 22:8 KJV
8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

That's what I thought..

Took you how long to dig up that cliche?

You are dismissed, WickedStiff/Col.Klink/Sgt. Schultz/Hop Sing..... Take your seat....That is it....Way in the back,by the exit sign.....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus took away the sins of the world but no one enters that grace without faith that his blood cleans them of the sins they repent of doing.

Romans 5:2.

Fixed it for you. Your conjuction exists to disqualify what you previously said.

But 1.on the contrary; yet:

2 Corinthians 5

19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

You are right about one part and you don't even know it. I was reconciled, all my sin forgiven, by the cross when God the Father through his wrath out on the Son. I entered into life by believing his good news of the cross. My trust is in him, not me. If I was trusting in myself, I would go to hell with you and all the heathens.

God's Truth

Fixed it for you. Your conjuction exists to disqualify what you previously said.

What you said is not true. The scripture is clear when it says we ENTER God's grace by faith, and that is living faith, which is faith that is NOT dead because it has right action with it.

2 Corinthians 5

19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Listen more carefully to what these scriptures are saying.

18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

Paul is speaking about himself and others AFTER they are saved.

19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

Again, God is RECONCILING...an action verb...reconciling the world...that is on going WHILE more and more people are becoming saved.

If one wants to be saved by Jesus, one must do what Jesus says to do to be saved.

You are right about one part and you don't even know it.

I know I am right.

I was reconciled, all my sin forgiven, by the cross when God the Father through his wrath out on the Son. I entered into life by believing his good news of the cross. My trust is in him, not me. If I was trusting in myself, I would go to hell with you and all the heathens.

You are trusting in your faith so how do you ever get you are not trusting at all in yourself? Besides, faith alone is dead and cannot save. That dead faith is not the most important faith known, it is dead.

Wick Stick

John 1:29 KJV does not say "Passover Lamb"....

Even slower...

Wow, you must really think you wrote something good, to keep re-posting it.

I don't figger I'll try a third time to set you right.

God's Truth

2 Corinthians 5

You are right about one part and you don't even know it. I was reconciled, all my sin forgiven, by the cross when God the Father through his wrath out on the Son. I entered into life by believing his good news of the cross. My trust is in him, not me. If I was trusting in myself, I would go to hell with you and all the heathens.

Sins are forgiven IF you repent of those sins.

As for saying I am going to Hell for doing what Jesus says...that is twisted, and God gives a warning to twisted speech...Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. See Isaiah 5:20.

It is NEVER EVER wrong to obey Jesus...obeying does NOT get anyone to Hell.

God's Truth

One more time, biblical bumbler, clueless clown, as you learn through repetition, to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

Wrong,for lambs have to be killed to sacrifice their blood for soul atonement. See Leviticus 17:11

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death.

What don't you get about let it sink into your ears? See Luke 9:44.

The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord.

Even those who hated Jesus and called him the deceiver KNEW he said he would die and rise again in three days. See Matthew 27:63 "Sir," they said, "we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise again.'

Why do you think the tomb was guarded? See Matthew 27:64 So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise, his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first."

Oh how I love the Word of God! LOL LOL LOL

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sins are forgiven IF you repent of those sins.

2 Corinthians 5

Romans 5

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

God's Truth

2 Corinthians 5

No one is reconciled to God through Jesus until they come to God through Jesus with belief and repentance of sins.

Romans 5

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

That scripture is about Jesus dying for ungodly Gentiles. The Gentiles were ungodly because they did not get circumcised and they did not do the other PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL works of the law to make them acceptable to God.

God's Truth

All of the sins of humanity were paid for at the cross. One need only hear the Gospel and place their faith in Christ as their Savior to receive eternal life.

Faith alone is dead and can't save anybody, see James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Even Abraham's faith was TESTED by what he did.

Who uses blood of a lamb if they are not repenting of sins?

If you are not repenting of sins when you are trying to atone yourself with blood...then you make the blood offering a bloody menstrual rag offering. See Isaiah 64:6.

If you do a righteous act like believe---you make that righteous act as a filthy bloody offering to God if you are not sorry for your sins and have all intentions to stop doing those sins.

In the Old Testament, some people did righteous acts...they did their required special external washings, and blood sacrifices...but God did not like it that they were not really sorry for their sins...they did not stop doing their sins. So then, their blood offerings became as a filthy menstrual blood offering.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Faith alone is dead and can't save anybody, see James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Even Abraham's faith was TESTED by what he did.

Who uses blood of a lamb if they are not repenting of sins?

If you are not repenting of sins when you are trying to atone yourself with blood...then you make the blood offering a bloody menstrual rag offering. See Isaiah 64:6.

If you do a righteous act like believe---you make that righteous act as a filthy bloody offering to God if you are not sorry for your sins and have all intentions to stop doing those sins.

In the Old Testament, some people did righteous acts...they did their required special external washings, and blood sacrifices...but God did not like it that they were not really sorry for their sins...they did not stop doing their sins. So then, their blood offerings became as a filthy menstrual blood offering.

James was written to the twelve tribes of Israel who were under "The Kingdom Message" not "The Grace Gospel."

Wick Stick

Demon-Lev. 17:11 you quote, child of the devil, has no reference to lambs. The lamb was not a sin offering, you biblical moron.
Details matter, or so I've been told.

And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing: And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin. Leviticus 5:5-6