ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

God's Truth

@God's Truth, if you're going to address someone and you want them to know you did you should take advantage of the codes here.

Could you explain that to me more?

Now, Jesus told them not to tell anyone; I showed that.

That was at one time, for a time.

You, however, did not show what the gospel being preached was with the verses you provided. You only showed the gospel was being preached. I don't think you even know what any gospel is, especially not the one we are now to preach.

I proved that the good news was preached.

The gospel preached by Jesus and all the apostles is forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ.

Here' a question for the two of you, @God's Truth and @Interplanner: Was and is the Great Commission for all apostles?

I believe it was.

Paul went to the Jews first, and then went to the Gentiles because the Jews did not trust him. The Jews knew that Paul used to drag the men and women Christian Jews to prison. When Paul started preaching Christ to the Jews...the Jews though Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believe in Jesus just so he could hall them off to prison.

dodge

Not my issue at all.

I want to know if the 12 preached Christ crucified before the fact when they were preaching the gospel.

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Was and is the Great Commission for all apostles?

Yes.

Interplanner

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Yes.

Dodge,
he wants to know what were the specific contents of their gospel while they don't realize he is to die, and are told not to talk about it.

See my #800.

God's Truth

Dodge,
he wants to know what were the specific contents of their gospel while they don't realize he is to die, and are told not to talk about it.

See my #800.

The scripture where Jesus said not to tell anyone does not mean that was a standing command that would not ever change. Do you really think that Jesus never wanted anyone to know? Jesus himself told everyone that he would die and rise again on the third day. Jesus was crucified for saying he was God's Son. What exactly do you think was kept a secret? Even those who called Jesus the deceiver knew that he said he would die and rise again in three days.

God's Truth

Dodge,

See my #800.

Maybe they were a little dull...because Jesus told them to let it sink into their ears. Matthew 15:16"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.

Luke 9:44
"Let these words sink into your ears: The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men."

God's Truth

While the LORD Jesus Christ is both goats, the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world (the scapegoat) is the one that was not put to death.

What? Are you saying Jesus did not need to die? Are you saying he was a goat and not a lamb?

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 9:22
According to the Law, in fact, nearly everything must be purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Exodus 12:3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household.

God's Truth

I am saying that John the Baptist did not know he would die when he said "Behold, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world".

You have got to be kidding. The lamb is a sacrifice. Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away sins.

Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

SaulToPaul 2

You have got to be kidding. The lamb is a sacrifice. Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God who takes away sins.

Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Was the Passover Lamb for sins?

john w

Hall of Fame

One more time, biblical bumbler, clueless clown, as you learn through repetition, to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

Wick Stick

That's quite the convoluted argument, John.

Seeing how I don't want to wade out into that quagmire, I'll just pick and choose a point to address:
The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim.

True. The passover lamb had to be pure and innocent. The original passover lambs were killed in order to paint the doorposts so the angel would pass over.

But how can you say it doesn't foretell a death? Passover is all about death. Shucks... Judaism is all about death. I think you must be missing some of those details you hold in high regard.