ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is your guru?

You underestimate the caliber of scholars that God has raised up to keep the sheep from falling for false teaching and ignorance on important subjects. Why should I trust you as an expert on things, and reject those with proven track records and godly character/insights? Eph. 4:11-13 vs internet wannabees with no training or accountability. What school did you go to again?... I went to Bible College in the early 80s, but have no scholastic club except TOL (which is not very scholastic)

God's Truth

lol, did you forget to take your medicine today ?

So how many gospels are there concerning salvation? THE ANSWER IS ONLY ONE.

Did you forget? I know there is only one gospel. So tell me how what you said makes sense.

Jesus saves us all on his own, but he chooses whom he save. He saves those who believe and obeys him.

That is about the one and only gospel.

john w

Hall of Fame
Demonic is attributing to Paul what Jesus had already taught to stay in error.

I asserted nothing about Judas ! Get off of the sauce.

Yes you did, liar, as you asserted, "argued," on record, one gospel/one piece of good news in the book, you demon. Thus, you assert that Judas preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV.

You don't have the clout to order me around, punk, as this is a dispensational site, you closet Catholic,and I am one of the sherrif's, wolf hunters, of TOL, you confused bible rejecting fool, as all you do is memorize/study your Catholic "church" SOF.

And get off your Ripple wine, lady.

So there.

john w

Hall of Fame
You underestimate the caliber of scholars that God has raised up to keep the sheep from falling for false teaching and ignorance on important subjects. Why should I trust you as an expert on things, and reject those with proven track records and godly character/insights? Eph. 4:11-13 vs internet wannabees with no training or accountability. What school did you go to again?... I went to Bible College in the early 80s, but have no scholastic club except TOL (which is not very scholastic)

You are out of step with mainline, orhodox prooftexting, in the context of sound, Biblical hermeneutics. You are muddying the waters, and your exegesis/eisegesis is based on faulty constructs, and your cult is a modern sect, not accepted by most credible biblical scholars, and has been rejected by most credible biblical commentaries. Zeal without knowledge is not good. Sincerity does not create truth. Are you sure you are not a closet Calvinist? Your traditions of men has blinded you to balanced truth, as you cannot see the baby through the trees. You should not throw out the trees with the bath water.Within the evangelical, biblical tradition are a variety of non-essential views that can cause division, but few are as presumptious as you to attack our exegesis over controversial issues or nuances of articulation/understanding. Not uncritically accepting your personal, subjective views of some proof texts is indefensible, and does not shed light on your proof texts, as you filter it through your preconceived church supported presuppositions, which is inconsistent with orthodox Christianity, and is problematic. . . I will continue to clarify my beliefs in the face of Ad Hominem attacks, misrepresentation , and sweeping/hasty/broad generalizations(even as Paul and the Jesus Christ did), in the broader context of other relevant passages. Rejecting your proof texting out of context is not the same thing as rejecting the truth of the Lord Jesus' words in light of the rest of the word of God, as that is substantial, not presumption.A wrong assumption leads to wrong conclusions. It is a challenge to not retain preconceived ideas that cloud our understanding of all the relevant verses, not just proof texts.Doctrinal truths are often couched in historical settings. We need to find out what the passage means to the original audience, in light of church history, and mainline, orthodox theology. In sum, we should not allow cultural biases, preconceived notions,and figures of speech/wooden theological literalisms,subjective opinions, etc., blind us to diametrically opposed, mutually exclusive views, and morsels of balanced Bible truth, as the challenge is to not let our preconceived eisegeses distort our exegesis.

etc.

dodge

Yes you did, liar, as you asserted, "argued," on record, one gospel/one piece of good news in the book, you demon. Thus, you assert that Judas preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV.

You don't have the clout to order me around, punk, as this is a dispensational site, you closet Catholic,and I am one of the sherrif's, wolf hunters, of TOL, you confused bible rejecting fool, as all you do is memorize/study is your Catholic "church" SOF.

And get off your Ripple wine, lady.

So there.

Now I remember why I had you on ignore. You have nothing but a perverted gospel and follow yourself.

Bye now.

john w

Hall of Fame
Now I remember why I had you on ignore. You have nothing but a perverted gospel and follow yourself.

Bye now.

Made up, you wicked drone. You satanically assert that, on record, there is one gospel/one piece of good news in the book, you demon. Thus, you assert that Judas preached the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, per Luke 9:6 KJV.

Get off this site, you embarrassing clown. You drive others away from the Savior, with your demonic, grade school act.

You follow your daddy, the devil, and Peter, being a closet Catholic.

So there, cliche master.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am a servant of Christ who along with other giants in church history (Arminius, Wesley, etc.) see that Calvin, Augustine, Luther, etc. were not right about everything (nor wrong about everything). Whitefield and Edwards may have been wrong and John Wesley right.

There are a variety of Pentecostal views with many different denominations (100s or 1000s) that do not agree on every point of doctrine. I am a classical Pentecostal. We are possibly the most sound doctrinally. I have a B. Th. from a Pentecostal College. I have followed Pentecostal varieties for decades. The vast majority of Pentecostals, including scholars, would not agree with the idea …Most Pentecostals/scholars reject their errors

john w

Hall of Fame
I am a servant of Christ who along with other giants in church history (Arminius, Wesley, etc.) see that Calvin, Augustine, Luther, etc. were not right about everything (nor wrong about everything). Whitefield and Edwards may have been wrong and John Wesley right.

There are a variety of Pentecostal views with many different denominations (100s or 1000s) that do not agree on every point of doctrine. I am a classical Pentecostal. We are possibly the most sound doctrinally. I have a B. Th. from a Pentecostal College. I have followed Pentecostal varieties for decades. The vast majority of Pentecostals, including scholars, would not agree with the idea …Most Pentecostals/scholars reject their errors

Your argument is vapid and fails to read “Peter, Paul, and Mary” closely. Your unbalanced is a works based caste system in the early church for some vs all, etc. The anti-intellectualism of your group also shows when you reject “The Modern English” evidence that contradicts your MAD proof texts. Context is also abused in your proof texting. Your arrogant personality is also grating.The key is proper exegesis in context, not importing MAD ideas into proof texts. The key is to translate/interpret/apply properly.

Genesis 1 ff, etc.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your argument is vapid and fails to read “Peter, Paul, and Mary” closely. Your unbalanced is a works based caste system in the early church for some vs all, etc. The anti-intellectualism of your group also shows when you reject “The Modern English” evidence that contradicts your MAD proof texts. Context is also abused in your proof texting. Your arrogant personality is also grating.The key is proper exegesis in context, not importing MAD ideas into proof texts. The key is to translate/interpret/apply properly.

Genesis 1 ff, etc.

:rotfl:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you think is finally admitted?

Saved

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Vs.

Jesus does not say only believe in your belief and do nothing else.

That is ludicrous.

You have correctly identified the order to obey for Israel, and the gentiles already looking back on salvation.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You cannot get around it. Jesus preached that he would die and rise again. Even those who called him the deceiver knew.

Haaaaaaa!
When and where?

Those who were sent out had nothing else but what had been covered by that time. 1, he was the Lamb of God
(that is very specific in that time and place)
2, he had the proven/demonstrated authority to grant forgiveness of sins
3, he was called Joshua because he would save his people from sins

Now, obviously there is a lot of things he taught that 'streamlined' things ethically compared to the Law. But there was the heart before that which was God was offering forgiveness in Christ.

And that remark by the accusing council about 'remember when he was alive...?' well, yeah, that reflects many months because they were not 'insiders.'

There is no gospel for the Jews that was about a kingdom or restored state, if that is what your'e saying. But there were some pinching ways of saying what kind of response there should be to the one gospel.
Not my issue at all.

I want to know if the 12 preached Christ crucified before the fact when they were preaching the gospel.

Lighthouse,

I gave MANY scriptures saying what the good news is. It is not my fault that you do not accept what the scriptures say about the good news.

Jesus came and taught the guidelines for the NEW COVENANT, and then he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

Blood Covenants have to be followed exactly.

You saying the 12 did not preach Jesus was going to die is not proven, and does not change anything.

It certainly does not prove anything that you say.
@God's Truth, if you're going to address someone and you want them to know you did you should take advantage of the codes here.

Now, Jesus told them not to tell anyone; I showed that.

You, however, did not show what the gospel being preached was with the verses you provided. You only showed the gospel was being preached. I don't think you even know what any gospel is, especially not the one we are now to preach.

Here' a question for the two of you, @God's Truth and @Interplanner: Was and is the Great Commission for all apostles?

Interplanner

When and where?

Not my issue at all.

I want to know if the 12 preached Christ crucified before the fact when they were preaching the gospel.

@God's Truth, if you're going to address someone and you want them to know you did you should take advantage of the codes here.

Now, Jesus told them not to tell anyone; I showed that.

You, however, did not show what the gospel being preached was with the verses you provided. You only showed the gospel was being preached. I don't think you even know what any gospel is, especially not the one we are now to preach.

Here' a question for the two of you, @God's Truth and @Interplanner: Was and is the Great Commission for all apostles?

The disciples may not have realized that HIS own death and resurrection was going to place, yet still preached the gospel of forgiveness 'in his name' or 'because of him' when they went out. But not a trace of a 'restored land / worship system' shows. For ex., "freely you have received, freely give." Received what? And give what? Yes, forgiveness both times. Well, when you have an amazing preacher pulling all kinds of crowds out in the desert who has said HE IS THE LAMB OF THE GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE DEBT OF SINS and forgiveness is the money, it eventually will lead to the shocker that he is going to sacrifice HIMSELF.

re the Great Commission
Of course. Actually for all Israel so they would be the missionaries invisioned in Rom 10 (middle). I think 221 were ready to go by Pentecost (11 + 70 + 140--if we can assume that each of the 70 found two others--seems to be a reasonable minimum).