ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Right Divider

Body part
Details matter, or so I've been told.

And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing: And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin. Leviticus 5:5-6
Indeed details do matter, and you are ignoring many here.... read the whole law if you're going to nitpick about it.
Lev 5:1-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:1) And if a soul sin, and hear the voice of swearing, and [is] a witness, whether he hath seen or known [of it]; if he do not utter [it], then he shall bear his iniquity. (5:2) Or if a soul touch any unclean thing, whether [it be] a carcase of an unclean beast, or a carcase of unclean cattle, or the carcase of unclean creeping things, and [if] it be hidden from him; he also shall be unclean, and guilty. (5:3) Or if he touch the uncleanness of man, whatsoever uncleanness [it be] that a man shall be defiled withal, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth [of it], then he shall be guilty. (5:4) Or if a soul swear, pronouncing with [his] lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever [it be] that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth [of it], then he shall be guilty in one of these. (5:5) And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these [things], that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that [thing]: (5:6) And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin. (5:7) And if he be not able to bring a lamb, then he shall bring for his trespass, which he hath committed, two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, unto the LORD; one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering. (5:8) And he shall bring them unto the priest, who shall offer [that] which [is] for the sin offering first, and wring off his head from his neck, but shall not divide [it] asunder: (5:9) And he shall sprinkle of the blood of the sin offering upon the side of the altar; and the rest of the blood shall be wrung out at the bottom of the altar: it [is] a sin offering. (5:10) And he shall offer the second [for] a burnt offering, according to the manner: and the priest shall make an atonement for him for his sin which he hath sinned, and it shall be forgiven him.

These were all about that individuals needed to do.

Read Leviticus 16 to learn about what Israel's priest Aaron was to do with the TWO goats for the sins of child of Israel (them as a whole).
Lev 16:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:10) But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, [and] to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

Lev 16:20-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:20) ¶ And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy [place], and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:(16:21) And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send [him] away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: (16:22) And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

john w

Hall of Fame

And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing: And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin. Leviticus 5:5-6

The Lord Jesus Christ was a female lamb?

Individual sin-offering―male goat; Leviticus 16:15 KJV...communal sin-offering―male goat

If he brings a lamb as his offering for a sin offering, he shall bring a female without blemish and lay his hand on the head of the sin offering and kill it for a sin offering in the place where they kill the burnt offering. Then the priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering and pour out all the rest of its blood at the base of the altar. . . . And the priest shall make atonement for him for the sin which he has committed, and he shall be forgiven. Leviticus 4:32–35 KJV

Lambs-required as a yearly sacrifice for all Jewish families-Passover-looking back to the days of the LORD's servant Moses, when lambs' blood covered the doors of Israel, and allowed God's judgment to "pass over" them, per Ex. 12:22–23 KJV. Isaiah 53:12 KJV- predicted that the Christ would "bear the sins of many"-burden, griefs..... The connection to Passover is the primary reason the Lord Jesus Christ is referred to as "The lamb of God," His crucifixion also symbolizes other OT sacrifices. Instead of a lamb, the sin offering specified in the book of Leviticus is a goat. Lambs were sacrificed in the temple for Passover, but goats were cast out of the camp. The Lord Jesus Christ was to be taken outside the walls of the city to be sacrificed on the cross.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
That's some good teachin' saint john!

I expect that sometimes even a MAD, dispie wacko can splain a few things,from the volume of the book, Mayor. You reckon?

But, as the "Super Tram" song goes, "I must be movin' on..," i.e., this WickedStiff dude is starting to bore me.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That's some good teachin' saint john!

. Sin offering (chatta't; “purification” in REB). This was designed to deal with sin that was committed unintentionally. The sacrifice varied according to who committed the sin. If the priest or the congregation of Israel sinned, then a bull was required. A leader of the people had to bring a male goat, while anyone else sacrificed a female goat or a lamb. The poor were allowed to bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons. The one bringing the offering placed a hand on the animal and then slaughtered it. When the priest or the congregation sinned, the blood was sprinkled seven times before the veil in the sanctuary, and some of it was placed on the horns of the incense altar. The rest of the blood was poured out at the base of the sacrificial altar. For others who sinned, the sprinkling of the blood before the veil was omitted. The same internal organs that were designated for burning in the peace offering were likewise designated in this sacrifice. The rest of the animal was taken outside of the camp to the place where the ashes of the sacrifices were disposed, and there it was burned. These disposal procedures were not followed when the sin offering was made on behalf of a nonpriestly person (Leviticus 6:24-30 ). In this case, the priest was allowed to eat some of the meat.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The disciples may not have realized that HIS own death and resurrection was going to place, yet still preached the gospel of forgiveness 'in his name' or 'because of him' when they went out. But not a trace of a 'restored land / worship system' shows. For ex., "freely you have received, freely give." Received what? And give what? Yes, forgiveness both times. Well, when you have an amazing preacher pulling all kinds of crowds out in the desert who has said HE IS THE LAMB OF THE GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE DEBT OF SINS and forgiveness is the money, it eventually will lead to the shocker that he is going to sacrifice HIMSELF.
Who said Jesus was the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?

And thank you for admitting that the 12 did not preach Christ crucified before He was crucified. Now you understand that there has been more than one "good news."

re the Great Commission
Of course. Actually for all Israel so they would be the missionaries invisioned in Rom 10 (middle). I think 221 were ready to go by Pentecost (11 + 70 + 140--if we can assume that each of the 70 found two others--seems to be a reasonable minimum).
Does that include Paul?

Even those who did not believe in him knew he preached he would die and rise again.

Matthew 27:63 "Sir," they said, "we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I will rise again.'
When did He say that? Or did they just finally understand His riddles?

Could you explain that to me more?
Put a "@" in front of the username. The system will then let them know they were mentioned and link them to the post in which they were mentioned. You can see that I did it with your name.

That was at one time, for a time.
What period of time? It was until He was resurrected, wasn't it?

I proved that the good news was preached.
I never said it wasn't. I asked you what that good news was.

The gospel preached by Jesus and all the apostles is forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ.
Through His death, burial and resurrection [before the fact]?

I believe it was.
Does that include Paul?

Paul went to the Jews first, and then went to the Gentiles because the Jews did not trust him. The Jews knew that Paul used to drag the men and women Christian Jews to prison. When Paul started preaching Christ to the Jews...the Jews though Paul was just trying to trick them into saying they believe in Jesus just so he could hall them off to prison.
Scripture?

Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Yes.
Does that include Paul?

God's Truth

John W and Right Divider went against you just to go against you, even though you are right.

God's Truth

Who said Jesus was the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
And thank you for admitting that the 12 did not preach Christ crucified before He was crucified. Now you understand that there has been more than one "good news."

There is only one good news that saves in the New Testament.

The people in the desert in the time of Moses had the good news, but they did not make it out of the desert because they did not obey.

Hebrews 4:2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

Does that include Paul?

The New Testament only has one good news gospel and it is Jesus.

When did He say that? Or did they just finally understand His riddles?

There were people who understood.

Put a "@" in front of the username. The system will then let them know they were mentioned and link them to the post in which they were mentioned. You can see that I did it with your name.

Thank you very much.

What period of time? It was until He was resurrected, wasn't it?

Jesus gave the guidelines for the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

Before he died he forgave the sins of the lost sheep of Israel; when he was crucified, he shed his blood for all men.

I never said it wasn't. I asked you what that good news was.

Yeah but you think there is more than one good news preached.

It is the good news that no one has to go take an animal to the priest anymore, year after year to sacrifice an animal for your sins.

The good news is forgiveness of sins you repent of, and that forgiveness is through Jesus.

Through His death, burial and resurrection [before the fact]?
Again, Jesus forgave sins before he shed his blood, and he forgives all sins for everyone when he was lifted up.

Does that include Paul?

Paul was unnaturally born as an apostle, so that others can know the worst of sinners can be saved too.

Scripture?

Acts 22:4, Acts 22:20, Acts 26:10, Acts 8:3.
Does that include Paul?

That includes Paul.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
OK, so Jesus didn't say it. John the Baptist did. And to whom did he say it?

There is only one good news that saves in the New Testament.
Then what is it?

The people in the desert in the time of Moses had the good news, but they did not make it out of the desert because they did not obey.
Christ crucified, buried and risen?

Hebrews 4:2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.
Who is they and what version is this?

The New Testament only has one good news gospel and it is Jesus.
What about Jesus?

Also, not my question.

There were people who understood.
Who?

And you still haven't answered the first question When did Jesus say that?

Thank you very much.
You're welcome.:e4e:

Jesus gave the guidelines for the New Covenant, and then he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

Before he died he forgave the sins of the lost sheep of Israel; when he was crucified, he shed his blood for all men.
Not the question. Not even relevant to the question.

Yeah but you think there is more than one good news preached.
I think the good news changed when new good news came along, and was added.

Even you think it changed.

You argue that they preached Jesus was going to die for their sins. Now you say we preach that Jesus died for our sins. Future vs. past tense.

It is the good news that no one has to go take an animal to the priest anymore, year after year to sacrifice an animal for your sins.
Was that the case before Jesus died?

The good news is forgiveness of sins you repent of, and that forgiveness is through Jesus.
Repent of sins? Where is that in the Bible?

Again, Jesus forgave sins before he shed his blood, and he forgives all sins for everyone when he was lifted up.
And did He say anything about His impending death to those whose sins He forgave before it happened?

Paul was unnaturally born as an apostle, so that others can know the worst of sinners can be saved too.
Irrelevant to the question.

But while we're on the subject, since there were already 12 apostles: one for each of the 12 tribes, why did Jesus call Paul to be an apostle to the Gentiles?

Acts 22:4, Acts 22:20, Acts 26:10, Acts 8:3.
I know what Paul did. That's not the issue. Where is your Scripture to show that Paul was thought to be tricking the Jews?

That includes Paul.
OK, let's look at the Great Commission: What did it entail?

Last edited:

God's Truth

OK, so Jesus didn't say it. John the Baptist did. And to whom did he say it?

Jesus did say it and so did John.

John proclaimed it to those coming to be baptized.

John 1:9 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

Even the people at the well knew Jesus is the Savior OF THE WORLD.

John 4:42
They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

Then what is it?

The good news about Jesus.

Christ crucified, buried and risen?

The good news of Christ was not preached until the New Testament.

Who is they and what version is this?

The people in the desert had good news and did not receive it because they did not obey. The scripture is showing that when there is good news we have to obey.

What about Jesus?

That we have forgiveness of sins through him.

And you still haven't answered the first question When did Jesus say that?

Jesus said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

God sanctifies us by the truth; His word is truth. John 17:17.

Jesus sanctified himself, that he may truly sanctify us. John 17:19.

God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. John 3:16.

All who reject Jesus will one day face God’s wrath. John 3:36

His words are life. John 6:63

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

I think the good news changed when new good news came along, and was added.

Even you think it changed.

I believe the old law changed.

You argue that they preached Jesus was going to die for their sins. Now you we preach that Jesus died for our sins. Future vs. past tense.

Makes no difference to salvation, for Jesus forgave sins before he died.

Was that the case before Jesus died?

Jesus came and taught the new covenant, and then he shed his blood for the new covenant.

Repent of sins? Where is that in the Bible?

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Matthew 18:35 "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive yours.

Mark 11:26
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

What is the Father forgiving if not sins?

Revelation 9:21, 20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace

Colossians 1:17 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

But while we're on the subject, since there were already 12 apostles: one for each of the 12 tribes, why did Jesus call Paul to be an apostle to the Gentiles?

Even Peter preached the gospel that saves to the Gentiles. Peter preached the gospel to them and ate with them.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Paul used to preach the same gospel to the Jews.

Jesus sent him far away to the Gentiles because the Jews thought he was trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that Paul could drag them to jail, as he used to do to the Jews who were Christians.

I know what Paul did. That's not the issue. Where is your Scripture to show that Paul was thought to be tricking the Jews?

Acts 22:19‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20And when theblood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over thegarments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”…

God's Truth

Lighthouse,

I have more scriptures for you where Jesus teaches that he was going to die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Interplanner

John 1:9 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

The people in the desert had good news and did not receive it because they did not obey. The scripture is showing that when there is good news we have to obey.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Jesus came and taught the new covenant, and then he shed his blood for the new covenant.

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Matthew 18:35 "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart."

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.

But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive yours.

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Revelation 9:21, 20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace

Even Peter preached the gospel that saves to the Gentiles. Peter preached the gospel to them and ate with them.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

Jesus sent him far away to the Gentiles because the Jews thought he was trying to trick them into saying they believed in Jesus so that Paul could drag them to jail, as he used to do to the Jews who were Christians.

Acts 22:19‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20And when theblood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over thegarments of those who killed him.’ 21Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”…

Good work , GT. It is very important that people spend 10x the time reading the NT than posting on TOL.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
When and where did Jesus say it?

Are you certain of that?

That is not the text oh John 1:9.:nono:

The next day: after the baptisms.

Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.
-John 1:35

John was speaking to his disciples.

How did they think He was going to save the world?

You don't know the gospel, do you?

Then what good news was preached in the OT?

Obey or have faith?

How?

I don't see anything about Him being crucified...

Relevance?

Told whom?

Then the good news changed.

How is that relevant?

And?

I don't think you understood the question. Repentance is not exclusive to sin and we do not repent of or from sin.

Do you not know the definition of repentance?

None of those say we repent of or from sin.

Peter was preaching faith without works? Is that why Paul had to withstand him to his face?

Have I ever said Paul didn't preach the mystery to Jews?

That doesn't answer the question.

Lighthouse,
[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION], you forgot the @ symbol.

I have more scriptures for you where Jesus teaches that he was going to die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
To whom?

God's Truth

When and where did Jesus say it?

Are you certain of that?

That is not the text oh John 1:9.:nono:

The next day: after the baptisms.

Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.
-John 1:35

John was speaking to his disciples.

How did they think He was going to save the world?

You don't know the gospel, do you?

Then what good news was preached in the OT?

Obey or have faith?

How?

I don't see anything about Him being crucified...

Relevance?

Told whom?

Then the good news changed.

How is that relevant?

And?

I don't think you understood the question. Repentance is not exclusive to sin and we do not repent of or from sin.

Do you not know the definition of repentance?

None of those say we repent of or from sin.

Peter was preaching faith without works? Is that why Paul had to withstand him to his face?

Have I ever said Paul didn't preach the mystery to Jews?

That doesn't answer the question.

[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION], you forgot the @ symbol.

To whom?

I have proven with scripture that the Old Testament was preached UNTIL John.

I gave you scripture where John tells people that Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.

I gave you scripture where even those who did not believe in Jesus knew he said he would die and rise again.

I gave scriptures where Jesus came and taught the commands for the new covenant.

I gave scriptures where Jesus and all the apostles including Paul spoke the same message.

I gave scripture that says we have forgiveness of sins through Jesus, and that is preached by all through out the New Testament.

I proved with scripture that we are to repent of our sins.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I have proven with scripture that the Old Testament was preached UNTIL John.
The Gospel of John?

I gave you scripture where John tells people that Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
And that proves what?

I gave you scripture where even those who did not believe in Jesus knew he said he would die and rise again.
When did He say it? How did He say it? And to whom?

I gave scriptures where Jesus came and taught the commands for the new covenant.
Really? And what were those commands?

I gave scriptures where Jesus and all the apostles including Paul spoke the same message.
No you haven't.

I gave scripture that says we have forgiveness of sins through Jesus, and that is preached by all through out the New Testament.
You're leaving something out.

I proved with scripture that we are to repent of our sins.
No you haven't. You don't even know the meaning of the word "repent."

And you still haven't answered my question of what the Great Commission entails.

And do you want me to teach you how to format so you can address point by point like I do?

Last edited: