ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 1:11-12 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Danoh

What don't you get about Paul saying not to say I follow Paul? Just tell me.

It is one thing for a person to humbly say that they follow Paul in what he was given by the Lord to preach and teach the Gentiles.

It is another thing to become arrogant; puffed up that one follows Paul in what he was given by the Lord to preach and teach the Gentiles.

This second example is the issue Paul is dealing with in 1 Corinthians 1 thru 3.

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Whereas he refers to the first example of the two I wrote of in my above, in the following...

1 Corinthians 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. 4:17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

God's Truth

It is one thing for a person to humbly say that they follow Paul in what he was given by the Lord to preach and teach the Gentiles.

It is another thing to become arrogant; puffed up that one follows Paul in what he was given by the Lord to preach and teach the Gentiles.

This second example is the issue Paul is dealing with in 1 Corinthians 1 thru 3.

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Whereas he refers to the first example of the two I wrote of in my above, in the following...

1 Corinthians 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. 4:17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Nope, I will not deny it - we have been baptized unto Paul.

In a manner similar to Paul's intended sense in following assertion...

1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

In a manner the same...but different...

Standard Mad 101...

You are going against Paul.

God's Truth

Obviously, your understanding of what Paul meant by "were all baptized unto Moses" is an understanding different from mine.

Jesus is the only baptism now.

What don't you get about Paul rebuking those who say they were baptized unto him?

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul taught NOTHING that Jesus did not teach before him. Yes, the message was hidden for a time, but Paul revealed nothing that Jesus had not already revealed.

You made that up-winged it.

Why don't you believe Jesus ?

Wow! The old reliable "Why don't you believe Jesus ?" stumper.

Raise the dead. Sell all you have.

Why don't you believe Jesus ?

See how that works?

Sophistry. Deceit. Knock off your grade school scam.

Try this one-go to Jerusalem 3 times/year, to keep "the appointed times."

Don't you believe God?

Fun!

john w

Hall of Fame
Maybe you should re-read what Jesus ACTUALLY said:

Jhn 6:28
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jhn 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

They asked Jesus what "works" must we work !

Jesus replied: This is the "work" BELIEVE on Him who God has sent.

The work of God was the miracles the Lord Jesus Christ did. That is the context of John 6.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you mean to say that the Israelites were engulfed into Moses surrounded upon each side by the cloud and the sea?

Yes, Mayor-it's a mite peculiar what these rabble rousers say.

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2

They were identified with Moses. Note Exodus 14:16 KJV, 22="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV, Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites.

God's Truth

Yes, Mayor-it's a mite peculiar what these rabble rousers say.

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2

They were identified with Moses. Note Exodus 14:16 KJV, 22="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV, Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites.

...then why does Paul say they were BAPTIZED?

Walking through the sea is about water, as is the cloud.