ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

DAN P

I am not a Pentecostal...AND, Jesus used future tense because they were not to do it at that very moment.

Hi and we also get grouped together with Hyper-dispensationals !!

And in Mark 16:16 and in verse 17 , all the verb that begin with SHALL are in the FUTURE TENSE , and in the ACTIVE VOICE and that means the subject , God is doing the ACTION in verses 15 , 16 , 17 , and 18 and is in the Indicative Mood of a FACT !!

These verses include with Believeing , Water Baptism , and they do not believe they SHALL ( FUTURE TENSE ) be DAMNED , they will heal the SICK , and speak in NEW TONGUES , SHALL ( FUTURE TENSE ) Take up serpents , and Cast out Devils and not drink can HUIRT TGEM !!

And since it is FUTURE , when do you say the FUTURE TENSE Begins ??

It has not yet happened , has IT for over 2000 years !!

dan p

God's Truth

You missed it, as usual...dry land....dry ground...identification....

The clueless one of TOL-you.

"Baptism is the outward symbol seen by man....." and all that jazz.

"Traditional" Christianity has it backward, since they refuse to rightly divide this word of truth. After being justified by being baptized into Christ, and being new creatures in Christ, with eternal life, having been raised, ascended, and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(up), "religion" wants to "bury" you(down) you under the element of water , which, as part of the earth, is under a curse, by being dunked until the tadpoles know your social security number.

Water baptism, throughout the OT/NT, was never viewed as "Death/Burial/ & Resurrection."

Baptism - changing the condition, identity, of something because of an action that was performed.; placing or putting something into another substance and performing an action so that it will change the state of the item from its previous condition-it's condition, status, or identity is changed!

Baptism- the idea of being placed into something (the Lord Jesus Christ's death in this dispensation), and an action is performed, so that when we come out we are changed from our previous condition. It is all about our identification; God takes what we are in Adam and places us into the Lord Jesus Christ, and God's action (crucifying the old man) changes our condition- now we are" in Christ." We are no longer what we were in Adam, because God has done something to us and in us. Our previous condition has been changed because of what God has done:

" Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12 KJV

Buried with Him-not like Him.

" Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: {6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:3-6 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Again:Baptism- 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose.. For example, Homer, in his book "The Odyssey", describes the tempering of a sword. When the hot metal was plunged into water, the sword was "baptized" , and thus the change in the condition of the sword was from soft to hard metal. As another example, when a piece of cloth was placed into a dye vat for coloring, there was a change in the condition of the piece of cloth upon emergence from the vat-it had a new color.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________

People assume baptism means "water". I can show you other passages where there is no water. There was no water on the cross. The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status. Did you know that in biblical times, to dye a piece of cloth, you would "baptize" it, "overwhelm" it, "cover" it, in a vat of dye. The cloth would now have a "change in condition", a new "identity". The element was dye here. Look at:

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2 KJV

They were identified with Moses. Note Exodus 14:16 KJV, 22="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV, Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land". No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites.

Buried with him in baptism is about the symbolic ceremony of a water baptism.

Baptism represents how a believer equates his life with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Our old person is to die to the sins of the world and be buried with Jesus through baptism into death. We are buried with the water, and raised out of the water, raised to live a new life through Jesus.
Picture how baptism looks…the believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.
Romans explain this perfectly.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

God's Truth

Hi and we also get grouped together with Hyper-dispensationals !!

And in Mark 16:16 and in verse 17 , all the verb that begin with SHALL are in the FUTURE TENSE , and in the ACTIVE VOICE and that means the subject , God is doing the ACTION in verses 15 , 16 , 17 , and 18 and is in the Indicative Mood of a FACT !!

These verses include with Believeing , Water Baptism , and they do not believe they SHALL ( FUTURE TENSE ) be DAMNED , they will heal the SICK , and speak in NEW TONGUES , SHALL ( FUTURE TENSE ) Take up serpents , and Cast out Devils and not drink can HUIRT TGEM !!

And since it is FUTURE , when do you say the FUTURE TENSE Begins ??

It has not yet happened , has IT for over 2000 years !!

dan p

Of course it has happened.

Paul was bitten by a snake and lived.

He was a person who helped lay the foundation.

Paul and the other Apostles who helped lay the foundation, they raised the dead.

THE FOUNDATION has been laid.

God TESTIFIED to what they said by allowing them to do such miraculous things.

God already testified to the message.

God's Truth

God testified to the one and only gospel by allowing the apostles to do miraculous things.

Hebrews 2:4
God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 6:7 Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits.

Matthew 10:1
Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The miracles confirmed that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah and that the Kingdom to Israel was at hand, and confirmed the message of the twelve and then of the Apostle Paul and were a preview of the powers of the age to come....yet future.

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

DAN P

Of course it has happened.

Paul was bitten by a snake and lived.

He was a person who helped lay the foundation.

Paul and the other Apostles who helped lay the foundation, they raised the dead.

THE FOUNDATION has been laid.

God TESTIFIED to what they said by allowing them to do such miraculous things.

God already testified to the message.

Hi and you never answered gthe response and when the FUTURE TENSE will begin and it it starts in the first 3 1/2 year of the Great Tribulation !!

And God's truth is that there are at Least 4 gospels , the Gospel of THE UN-CIRCUMCISION that Paul preached and (2) thr gospel of Circumcision in Gal 2:7 and then the Gospel preached to ABRAH in Gal 3:8 and then the EVERLASTING Gospel preach in Ren 14:6 and 7 , can you believe THAT !!

Where is your ONE GOSPEL AT ??

dan p

God's Truth

The miracles confirmed that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah and that the Kingdom to Israel was at hand, and confirmed the message of the twelve and then of the Apostle Paul and were a preview of the powers of the age to come....yet future.

Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

A preview? No way.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am not going to read all that, because there might be a drunk accusation in there.

What do the scriptures say? The scriptures speak of BAPTISM and the baptism that has to do with WATER...Noah, the parting of the Red Sea, and the cloud.

Translated: You are a moron, deranged woman, who would not know the difference between the book of Jude, and Judas, and are not in my league.

Sit, and sober up, you embarrassing clown.And tell us where the water is, in the passages I, and brother STP, presented you.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV

I thought so. Fraud, and clueless, as to the meaning of baptism.

God's Truth

Hi and you never answered gthe response and when the FUTURE TENSE will begin and it it starts in the first 3 1/2 year of the Great Tribulation !!
I did answer.

The future tense was AFTER Jesus said what he said.

And God's truth is that there are at Least 4 gospels ,

No way.

the Gospel of THE UN-CIRCUMCISION that Paul preached and (2) thr gospel of Circumcision in Gal 2:7

Paul spoke about uncircumcised people and circumcised people.

and then the Gospel preached to ABRAH in Gal 3:8

Abraham had the future gospel ANNOUNCED to him.

and then the EVERLASTING Gospel preach in Ren 14:6 and 7 , can you believe THAT !!

That is about the one gospel.

Where is your ONE GOSPEL AT ??

dan p

There is just one gospel since Jesus.

DAN P

I did answer.

No way.

Hi and I think that you are trying to waer me OUT , SO where is there a verse for your lone Gospel ?

I already told you where it to be found , In my post above , so are you NEAR SIGHTED ??

dan p

Interplanner

I did answer.

No way.

There always was just one. There are a few other things that were great announcements, but not that were thought of as universal and eternal in scope.

God's Truth

Hi and I think that you are trying to waer me OUT , SO where is there a verse for your lone Gospel ?

I already told you where it to be found , In my post above , so are you NEAR SIGHTED ??

dan p

ONE GOSPEL.

Jesus came with GRACE.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Jesus preached the Good News, the Apostles taught the Good News, and Paul taught the same Good News.

Matthew 4:23
[ Jesus Heals the Sick ] Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

Matthew 9:35
[ The Workers Are Few ] Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.

Matthew 11:5
The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.

Mark 1:1
[ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

Mark 1:14
[ Jesus Announces the Good News ] After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.

Mark 1:15
“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

Luke 3:18
And with many other words John exhorted the people and proclaimed the good news to them.

Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

Luke 4:43
But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”

Luke 7:22
So he replied to the messengers, “Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.

Luke 8:1
[ The Parable of the Sower ] After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him,

Luke 9:6
So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

Luke 16:16
[ Additional Teachings ] “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Luke 20:1
[ The Authority of Jesus Questioned ] One day as Jesus was teaching the people in the temple courts and proclaiming the good news, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, together with the elders, came up to him.

After Jesus ascended to heaven the good news was preached.

Acts 5:42
Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 13:32
“We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors

Acts 14:15
“Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Paul preached the good news.

Acts 17:18
A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Romans 10:15
And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

Romans 10:16
But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”

Hebrews 4:2
For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

Hebrews 4:6
Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience,
7 God again set a certain day, calling it "Today." This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

There is one gospel, and one good news.