ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

God's Truth

You have got to be kidding to keep on about blood related and earthy land.

The blood relatives only mattered because Jesus was going to be from a blood relative of Abraham.

Jesus came and only his blood matters.

So you are a mid Acts divider for the truth?

This is before that from John...

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Did you read that? NOT OF NATURAL DESCENT. That means it does NOT matter to whom you are blood related or what land you come from.

God's Truth

You are such a rabid zealot that you cannot discuss anything. You ASSUME that it means that you think that it means. But you are simply wrong.

Was Paul called by Christ? Are Paul's books in the Bible scripture?

The "other sheep not of this fold" are the sheep scattered abroad... like the ones that James and Peter write to.

Paul does NOT write about Jesus as a "shepherd", EVER. Does this fact not surprise you if Paul ONLY taught that Jesus taught?

Paul rebuked those who said "I follow ___".

Paul was glad that he did not baptize many so they could not say they were baptized unto Paul.

YET YOU madist are saying you are baptized unto Paul!

Paul rebukes that idea.

God's Truth

The Bible forbids favoritism over the Apostles.

Read these scriptures, you will see that Paul even mentions Peter, otherwise known as Simon, and says not to say I follow Simon/Peter as if it means something special...just AS PAUL REBUKES PEOPLE FOR PUTTING HIM AS SEPARATE.

1 Corinthians 1:11-12 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ." 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:1Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

5What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. 9For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.

1 Corinthians 3:18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any one of you thinks he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a "fool" so that he may become wise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness“; 20and again, "The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” 21So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours, 22whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, 23and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

1 Corinthians 4:6 Now brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Can you not see what Jesus said ?

Mat 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

JN.3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

I understand that God hid the meaning for a time, but Paul taught NOTHING that Jesus had not already taught.

You have made divisions in your mind that do NOT exist in scripture, and it started when you put more emphasis on Paul's teachings than on Jesus' teachings.
Their salvation was dependent upon them doing something by faith (James 2:18 KJV):

Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ that is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). To be saved today is to trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV). We get saved not by works of righteousness which we have done (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). We are baptized BY one Spirit into one Body (not by water for the remission of sins 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Things that are different are not the same and when you try to force them to be, you end up with mixed up doctrine!

dodge

What Paul taught was what the risen Lord Jesus Christ instructed him to teach.

Hello Tambora. I do not disagree with what you said I disagree that Paul's message was different than what Jesus had already taught.

I do not understand ignoring the teachings of Jesus that clearly show that he as the Messiah brought and taught the good news for ALL.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul taught NOTHING that Jesus did not teach before him. Yes, the message was hidden for a time, but Paul revealed nothing that Jesus had not already revealed. Why don't you believe Jesus ?
Acts 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV

dodge

Their salvation was dependent upon them doing something by faith (James 2:18 KJV):

Repent, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:4 KJV) by baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (Mark 1:4 KJV, Mark 16:16 KJV, Acts 2:38 KJV), keep the commandments (John 14:15 KJV, Matthew 23:2-3 KJV, John 15:5-10 KJV), endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV), go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

That is not the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ that is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). To be saved today is to trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) which is where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV). We get saved not by works of righteousness which we have done (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV). We are baptized BY one Spirit into one Body (not by water for the remission of sins 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Things that are different are not the same and when you try to force them to be, you end up with mixed up doctrine!

That was already covered by Jesus:

Jhn 6:28
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jhn 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jesus said ZERO about works to enter heaven. Jesus said the work was to BELIEVE.

God's Truth

Bet you haven't found a single MADist here at TOL say that we are baptized unto Paul.

Right, I know you do not believe in baptism. Baptized unto means dedicated to...you say I follow Paul. So what? You miss the point.

Paul says not to do either.

God's Truth

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Jesus said ZERO about works to enter heaven. Jesus said the work was to BELIEVE.

You are wrong about that.

Jesus would not ever tell anyone not to do anything.

We have to believe that Jesus is whom he says he is and we have to obey him.

That is what we have to believe...NOT 'Only Believe and nothing else'.

heir

TOL Subscriber

Go study what it is they had to believe and how they showed that they believed/proved their faith. Faith plus works, not salvation by grace through faith apart from works!

God's Truth

Believe what about Jesus?!!!

Believe that Jesus is sent from the Father and that he forgives the sins we repent of doing.

dodge

You are wrong about that.

Jesus would not ever tell anyone not to do anything.

We have to believe that Jesus is whom he says he is and we have to obey him.

That is what we have to believe...NOT 'Only Believe and nothing else'.

Maybe you should re-read what Jesus ACTUALLY said:

They asked Jesus what "works" must we work !

Jesus replied: This is the "work" BELIEVE on Him who God has sent.