ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Interplanner

1. That God would provide payment for sin through grace NOT works through the life-death, and resurrection of Jesus.

2. Genesis chapter 3.

3. Jesus and all of the Apostles and eventually the disciples ( saved folks )

We are talking about eph 3:5. The sharing, the coinheriting, the fellowship of Jews with Gentiles was not the mystery. It was that it would be activated through the Gospel. That was a mystery to Judaism, who thought it was going to be through them.

If Judaism had seen this, they could very well have avoided the destruction of Jerusalem. One of the largest and best documented calamities of the ancient world.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
We are talking about eph 3:5. The sharing, the coinheriting, the fellowship of Jews with Gentiles was not the mystery. It was that it would be activated through the Gospel. That was a mystery to Judaism, who thought it was going to be through them.

If Judaism had seen this, they could very well have avoided the destruction of Jerusalem. One of the largest and best documented calamities of the ancient world.

Nope, all it would have taken was to believe Jesus.

Interplanner

Nope, all it would have taken was to believe Jesus.

But of course that is what would have happened. What I'm saying is what 'believing on Jesus' is. that is what I've been saying, anyway. That generation did not believe and join the mission of Messiah to all nations, and Heb 4 became true of them.

I don't know what would have happened if they had believed the MAD nonsense.

dodge

I was answering these 3 questions from another poster.

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post

what do you think the mystery is ?
when was this mystery 1st taught ?
who else preached the mystery ? verses?

Interplanner

I was answering these 3 questions from another poster.

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post

what do you think the mystery is ?
when was this mystery 1st taught ?
who else preached the mystery ? verses?

OK, I got stuck on the first.

When Paul says others preached it, he doesnt' name them. Rom 16.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
But of course that is what would have happened. What I'm saying is what 'believing on Jesus' is. that is what I've been saying, anyway. That generation did not believe and join the mission of Messiah to all nations, and Heb 4 became true of them.

Okay. :)

I don't know what would have happened if they had believed the MAD nonsense.

It's just another ism.

dodge

OK, I got stuck on the first.

When Paul says others preached it, he doesnt' name them. Rom 16.

I believe He did in a way name them !

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Interplanner

I believe He did in a way name them !

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Yes, I thought you meant actual names--Peter, Apollos, etc.

God's Truth

Ephesians 3 is "but now" mystery truth:

"mystery"

"Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men"

"as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit"

"unsearchable"

"hid in God"

It is the mystery pertaining to Gentiles (Ephesians 3:6 KJV)/the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19 KJV) who earlier (in time past) were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) who Paul was made a prisoner of Jesus Christ for and to whom Paul was given the dispensation of the grace of God to (directional "to you-ward" Ephesians 3:1-2 KJV). That it is "now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit" is set in contrast to the earlier mystery (the mystery of Christ) which was a mystery hidden in the scriptures "according to the scriptures" of Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, but thanks for your concern.

1 Peter 1:10-12 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

2 Peter 1:19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

God's Truth

The problem with that is that Paul tells us the gospel he is preaching is that the BOC (body of Christ) is created through Israel's fall, not Israel's rise to glory.

Romans 11:11 KJV
(11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.​

Things that differ are not the same.

Jews are a part of the body of Christ just as the Gentiles are.

John 6:56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Interplanner

Tam wrote (quoted):
through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles,

This is not exclusive. Not exclusively to the Gentiles while nothing happens in Israel. That is not what is being said, and this happened to stir/prod/arouse Israel to respond, he says. A little 'divine jealousy'!

The exclusive activity (one vs the other) is a 2P2P bit and needs to be dumped.

Right Divider

Body part
Tam wrote (quoted):
through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles,

This is not exclusive. Not exclusively to the Gentiles while nothing happens in Israel. That is not what is being said, and this happened to stir/prod/arouse Israel to respond, he says. A little 'divine jealousy'!

The exclusive activity (one vs the other) is a 2P2P bit and needs to be dumped.
Says Mr. RestfulMeansToxic.

Don't listen to him, he's either completely confused or insane.

Interplanner

Says Mr. RestfulMeansToxic.

Don't listen to him, he's either completely confused or insane.

It is known all over deserts, RD, that you don't let animals drink non-moving water. Besides, why can't you see that that is a good, honest form of protection? That's what a good shepherd would do.

Further, why can't you actually talk about the OP question--that all the apostles knew the mystery of Judaism' thinking everything would happen through the law?