ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't know what you mean and the question/text we were talking about is how D'ism sometimes says that separate events were the atonement for separate groups sins. What do you say?
What I mean is that anyone that can FORCE the Hebrew word for "restful" or "peaceful" into TOXIC is clearly not interested in the inspired Word of God, but instead is insane and "interpreting" based on your predetermined outcome. You use outside sources INSTEAD of God Word. Shameful and ignorant!

P.S. I was referring to this idiotic post of yours: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...stored-state&p=4796305&viewfull=1#post4796305
Your interpretation is based on someone that you can't even properly credit. You are NUTS! :kookoo:

H4496 מְנוּחָה mnuwchah (men-oo-chaw') n-f.
מְנֻחָה mnuchah (men-oo-chaw')
1. repose.
2. (adverbially) peacefully.
3. (figuratively) consolation.
4. (specifically) matrimony.
5. (hence, concretely) an abode.
[feminine of H4495]
KJV: comfortable, ease, quiet, rest(-ing place), still.
Root(s): H4495

ALL other uses of this word in scripture:
Gen 49:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(49:15) And he saw that rest [was] good, and the land that [it was] pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute.
Num 10:33 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:33) ¶ And they departed from the mount of the LORD three days' journey: and the ark of the covenant of the LORD went before them in the three days' journey, to search out a resting place for them.
Deut 12:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:9) For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.
Judg 20:43 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:43) [Thus] they inclosed the Benjamites round about, [and] chased them, [and] trode them down with ease over against Gibeah toward the sunrising.
Ruth 1:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:9) The LORD grant you that ye may find rest, each [of you] in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them; and they lifted up their voice, and wept.
2Sam 14:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:17) Then thine handmaid said, The word of my lord the king shall now be comfortable: for as an angel of God, so [is] my lord the king to discern good and bad: therefore the LORD thy God will be with thee.
1Kgs 8:56 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:56) Blessed [be] the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.
1Chr 22:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:9) Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.
1Chr 28:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:2) Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: [As for me], I [had] in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:
Ps 95:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(95:11) Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.
Ps 132:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(132:8) Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.
Ps 132:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(132:14) This [is] my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
Isa 11:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:10) ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Isa 28:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:12) To whom he said, This [is] the rest [wherewith] ye may cause the weary to rest; and this [is] the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Isa 32:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(32:18) And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;
Isa 66:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(66:1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven [is] my throne, and the earth [is] my footstool: where [is] the house that ye build unto me? and where [is] the place of my rest?
Jer 45:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(45:3) Thou didst say, Woe is me now! for the LORD hath added grief to my sorrow; I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest.
Mic 2:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:10) Arise ye, and depart; for this [is] not [your] rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy [you], even with a sore destruction.
Zech 9:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:1) The burden of the word of the LORD in the land of Hadrach, and Damascus [shall be] the rest thereof: when the eyes of man, as of all the tribes of Israel, [shall be] toward the LORD.

Interplanner

What I mean is that anyone that can FORCE the Hebrew word for "restful" or "peaceful" into TOXIC is clearly not interested in the inspired Word of God, but instead is insane and "interpreting" based on your predetermined outcome. You use outside sources INSTEAD of God Word. Shameful and ignorant!

P.S. I was referring to this idiotic post of yours: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...stored-state&p=4796305&viewfull=1#post4796305
Your interpretation is based on someone that you can't even properly credit. You are NUTS! :kookoo:

H4496 מְנוּחָה mnuwchah (men-oo-chaw') n-f.
מְנֻחָה mnuchah (men-oo-chaw')
1. repose.
2. (adverbially) peacefully.
3. (figuratively) consolation.
4. (specifically) matrimony.
5. (hence, concretely) an abode.
[feminine of H4495]
KJV: comfortable, ease, quiet, rest(-ing place), still.
Root(s): H4495

ALL other uses of this word in scripture:
Gen 49:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(49:15) And he saw that rest [was] good, and the land that [it was] pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute.
Num 10:33 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:33) ¶ And they departed from the mount of the LORD three days' journey: and the ark of the covenant of the LORD went before them in the three days' journey, to search out a resting place for them.
Deut 12:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:9) For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.
Judg 20:43 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:43) [Thus] they inclosed the Benjamites round about, [and] chased them, [and] trode them down with ease over against Gibeah toward the sunrising.
Ruth 1:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:9) The LORD grant you that ye may find rest, each [of you] in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them; and they lifted up their voice, and wept.
2Sam 14:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:17) Then thine handmaid said, The word of my lord the king shall now be comfortable: for as an angel of God, so [is] my lord the king to discern good and bad: therefore the LORD thy God will be with thee.
1Kgs 8:56 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:56) Blessed [be] the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.
1Chr 22:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:9) Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.
1Chr 28:2 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:2) Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: [As for me], I [had] in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:
Ps 95:11 (AKJV/PCE)
(95:11) Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.
Ps 132:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(132:8) Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.
Ps 132:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(132:14) This [is] my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
Isa 11:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:10) ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Isa 28:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(28:12) To whom he said, This [is] the rest [wherewith] ye may cause the weary to rest; and this [is] the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
Isa 32:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(32:18) And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;
Isa 66:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(66:1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven [is] my throne, and the earth [is] my footstool: where [is] the house that ye build unto me? and where [is] the place of my rest?
Jer 45:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(45:3) Thou didst say, Woe is me now! for the LORD hath added grief to my sorrow; I fainted in my sighing, and I find no rest.
Mic 2:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:10) Arise ye, and depart; for this [is] not [your] rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy [you], even with a sore destruction.
Zech 9:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:1) The burden of the word of the LORD in the land of Hadrach, and Damascus [shall be] the rest thereof: when the eyes of man, as of all the tribes of Israel, [shall be] toward the LORD.

Good work, but even in English there are incredible word contradictions all the time, where there are utterly opposite meanings. I used to teach English, and this (idioms) always was the most difficult for the students because it varied so wildly. Always check context. If you are a sheep in the desert and the water is toxic, you need to be led past it, not to it. Usually there were gully-washers during storms, and then you had moving water--moving so fast it was a danger to be near it! But still desert pools are renoun for decieving people and killing livestock. In the film, THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW, he had 3 examples/pictures from the Judean wilderness.

Right Divider

Body part
Good work, but even in English there are incredible word contradictions all the time, where there are utterly opposite meanings. I used to teach English, and this (idioms) always was the most difficult for the students because it varied so wildly. Always check context. If you are a sheep in the desert and the water is toxic, you need to be led past it, not to it. Usually there were gully-washers during storms, and then you had moving water--moving so fast it was a danger to be near it! But still desert pools are renoun for decieving people and killing livestock. In the film, THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW, he had 3 examples/pictures from the Judean wilderness.
You just keep piling on the idiotic drivel that is Interplanner.

The CONTEXT of Psalm 23 is NOT some "Judean wilderness", but God's supernatural protection of His people. But you're too caught-up in man-made philosophy to have any chance of understanding.

The ENTIRE chapter is about COMFORT and PROTECTION of the sheep that are Israel.

Ps 23:1-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:1) A Psalm of David. The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. (23:2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. (23:3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (23:4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (23:5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (23:6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Honestly, how can you so stupid?

Maybe it should also be translated "brown" pastures or "black" pastures.

P.S. The Lord is THEIR Shepherd (as they are His sheep)... never once does Paul write about Jesus as OUR shepherd.

Interplanner

Danoh wrote:
Look at the flow of his thought starting way back in his assertion in chapter one that what he is preaching was not handed down to him but by the Lord Himself.

Yeah: men in Judaism! That is why the background of 3:17 is so telltale. Peter has the same kind of 'traditions of men' statement. They were distancing themselves from Judaism.

You have 1, made another misaccusation,
2: hoped it would alienate another believer,
3: slandered someone for saying exactly the same thing.

Danoh

Danoh wrote:
Look at the flow of his thought starting way back in his assertion in chapter one that what he is preaching was not handed down to him but by the Lord Himself.

Yeah: men in Judaism! That is why the background of 3:17 is so telltale. Peter has the same kind of 'traditions of men' statement. They were distancing themselves from Judaism.

You have 1, made another misaccusation,
2: hoped it would alienate another believer,
3: slandered someone for saying exactly the same thing.

Aw...I hurt his feelings in his ignorance of what I had meant about what Paul had meant by his assertion.

Fact is, at first, Isaiah himself would have taken great issue with Paul's "my gospel."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The CONTEXT of Psalm 23 is NOT some "Judean wilderness", but God's supernatural protection of His people. But you're too caught-up in man-made philosophy to have any chance of understanding.

The ENTIRE chapter is about COMFORT and PROTECTION of the sheep that are Israel.

(23:1) A Psalm of David. The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. (23:2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. (23:3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. (23:4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (23:5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (23:6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

P.S. The Lord is THEIR Shepherd (as they are His sheep)... never once does Paul write about Jesus as OUR shepherd.

How revealing.

LA

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That doesn't make any sense. Jesus never taught the 12 it was OK to eat those animals prior to Paul's conversion.

He taught it not commanded it.

Are animals something?

Mark 7:15
There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Just because it isn't being discussed doesn't mean it's lost. In fact, dispensationalism is about what, exactly, He did on the cross.

I'll have to agree with Interplanner here.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

You might wanna rethink that the writer of that Psalm is walking in the valley of the shadow of death, where anybody with any sense knows yuh don't drink pond water.:shocked:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You might wanna rethink that the writer of that Psalm is walking in the valley of the shadow of death, where anybody with any sense knows yuh don't drink pond water.:shocked:

This reminds me of the blind belief that Isaiah 53 is about national Israel, rather than Jesus Christ. I don't think they even try to find Christ in the O.T. at all. :nono:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

This looks like summa that thar superstition Danoh was talkin' about.:noway:

Right Divider

Body part
This reminds me of the blind belief that Isaiah 53 is about national Israel, rather than Jesus Christ. I don't think they even try to find Christ in the O.T. at all. :nono:
It's about both. Not too hard to see if you're not a blind Nang.

Another LIE from a "Christian". Good work.

Interplanner

All pictures like this have to be rooted in the concrete, and yes, David was a shepherd at one time in the Judean wilderness. If I read a line from a Christian song that said 'help me to lie down in the bed of faith and rest' it would be meaningless if I did not know what beds or rest were, right? So the psalm is about both, but derives its sense from the concrete situations that a shepherd like David would run into. as he would about mountains, too, at that time.