ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Interplanner

Let's not forget the OP here. Paul was not the only one who preached the mystery which was not that the mission of Messiah was going to include the nations. It was that this would be apart from, outside of, the Law as Judaism knew it and administered it.

If RD would like to discuss Hebrew idioms, make a separate thread for that topic.

Interplanner

I will try to find the 2 god post. After I read it, I knew that I should be referring to 2G2P2P instead of just 2P2P. It is possible that the post was one step short of saying there were two, but if you know church history, know it has been attempted--to pit one part of the trinity against the other.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Let's not forget the OP here. Paul was not the only one who preached the mystery which was not that the mission of Messiah was going to include the nations. It was that this would be apart from, outside of, the Law as Judaism knew it and administered it.

If RD would like to discuss Hebrew idioms, make a separate thread for that topic.

Who's getting off topic?

David preached ever bit as well as Solomon. :)

Right Divider

Body part
All pictures like this have to be rooted in the concrete, and yes, David was a shepherd at one time in the Judean wilderness. If I read a line from a Christian song that said 'help me to lie down in the bed of faith and rest' it would be meaningless if I did not know what beds or rest were, right? So the psalm is about both, but derives its sense from the concrete situations that a shepherd like David would run into. as he would about mountains, too, at that time.
Opinions are a dime a dozen.... yours are even cheaper.

As I said, Paul never writes about Jesus as OUR shepherd. Paul NEVER calls Jesus a shepherd at all. We are NOT the ones referred to in Psalm 23.

Properly understand God programs for the heaven and the earth would help you immensely, but you refuse to know.

I'll stick the scripture and not your spiritualizing everything into oblivion.

Interplanner

As I said, Paul never writes about Jesus as OUR shepherd. Paul NEVER calls Jesus a shepherd at all. We are NOT the ones referred to in Psalm 23.

Properly understand God programs for the heaven and the earth would help you immensely, but you refuse to know.

Heb 13:20. You know so little of your bible. He used the verb shepherding about pastors, too.

All communication that refers to abstracts has to be rooted in concretes. Sheep. Toxic water. Ponds. etc. If you are going to make an analogy of them, the previous meaning has to be known and agreed.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Paul....

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Peter....

1 Peter 5:2
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

Paul....

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Peter....

1 Peter 5:3
Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

Things that don't differ are the same.:readthis:

Right Divider

Body part
Heb 13:20. You know so little of your bible. He used the verb shepherding about pastors, too.
I don't believe that Paul wrote the book to the Hebrews. There is no evidence to know for sure who did. Hebrews is fully consistent with all of the OTHER Hebrew books (prophecy and otherwise). Every single book from Romans through Philemon starts with this word: PAUL. But not Hebrews.

All communication that refers to abstracts has to be rooted in concretes. Sheep. Toxic water. Ponds. etc. If you are going to make an analogy of them, the previous meaning has to be known and agreed.
I agree. There it NO evidence for a Hebrew word that EVERYWHERE is translated as "restful/peaceful" to be translated TOXIC in this Psalm about COMFORT and DELIVERANCE.
I do not know of a SINGLE translation that takes that crazy route.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

1 Peter 5:2
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

1 Peter 5:3
Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

Things that don't differ are the same.:readthis:
Hello Double Mind

James 4:8 KJV -

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hello Double Mind

James 4:8 KJV -

Nope....

Epistle of Barnabas

Chapter 3

3 But to us he says, "Behold this is the fast which I chose," saith the Lord, "loose every bond of wickedness, set loose the fastenings of harsh agreements, send away the bruised in forgiveness, and tear up every unjust contract, give to the hungry thy bread, and if thou seest a naked man clothe him, bring the homeless into thy house, and if thou seest a humble man, despise him not, neither thou nor any of the household of thy seed.

4 Then shall thy light break forth as the dawn, and thy robes shall rise quickly, and thy righteousness shall go before thee, and the glory of God shall surround thee."

5 "Then thou shalt cry and God shall hear thee; while thou art still speaking He shall say, `Lo I am here'; if thou puttest away from thee bondage, and violence, and the word of murmuring, and dost give to the poor thy bread with a cheerful heart, and dost pity the soul that is abased."

6 So then, brethren, the long-suffering one foresaw that the people whom He prepared in his beloved should believe in guilelessness, and made all things plain to us beforehand that we should not be shipwrecked by conversion to their law.

Right Divider

Body part
Nope....

Epistle of Barnabas

Chapter 3

3 But to us he says, "Behold this is the fast which I chose," saith the Lord, "loose every bond of wickedness, set loose the fastenings of harsh agreements, send away the bruised in forgiveness, and tear up every unjust contract, give to the hungry thy bread, and if thou seest a naked man clothe him, bring the homeless into thy house, and if thou seest a humble man, despise him not, neither thou nor any of the household of thy seed.

4 Then shall thy light break forth as the dawn, and thy robes shall rise quickly, and thy righteousness shall go before thee, and the glory of God shall surround thee."

5 "Then thou shalt cry and God shall hear thee; while thou art still speaking He shall say, `Lo I am here'; if thou puttest away from thee bondage, and violence, and the word of murmuring, and dost give to the poor thy bread with a cheerful heart, and dost pity the soul that is abased."

6 So then, brethren, the long-suffering one foresaw that the people whom He prepared in his beloved should believe in guilelessness, and made all things plain to us beforehand that we should not be shipwrecked by conversion to their law.
Stick to the Bible.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Thanks, Mayor! I posted that, after 2.22 Mr. Cookie Bars; hence, prior to the occurrence of my daily sinkin' spell. Wonder what causes that?

Alright, what are 2.22 Mr. Cookie Bar? Can they be purchased at Piggly Wiggly?
Take it from Mr. Pig: When it comes to value and freshness, you can't beat Piggly Wiggly.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Alright, what are 2.22 Mr. Cookie Bar? Can they be purchased at Piggly Wiggly?
Take it from Mr. Pig: When it comes to value and freshness, you can't beat Piggly Wiggly.
And Wednesdays used to be double green stamp day.

way 2 go

According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.
Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?
what do you think the mystery is ?
when was this mystery 1st taught ?
who else preached the mystery ? verses?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

When this came to pass....

Deut 18

18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Matthew 7:29
For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

dodge

what do you think the mystery is ?
who else preached the mystery ? verses?

1. That God would provide payment for sin through grace NOT works through the life-death, and resurrection of Jesus.

2. Genesis chapter 3.

Gen 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

3. Jesus and all of the Apostles and eventually the disciples ( saved folks )