Abortion-a crying shame. (HOF thread)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
He didn't blame God as his freinds and family did,and as you seem to.

Then who was the Lord's riff on natural history intended for? What sort of Bible do you read from? The Revised Fundamentalist Personal Bible?

God doesn't abort children, nor does he cause earthquakes or hangnails.

...not that there weren't any unborn children in Falujah, or Soddom and Gomorrah....

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by aikido7

Then who was the Lord's riff on natural history intended for? What sort of Bible do you read from? The Revised Fundamentalist Personal Bible?
sounds neet where do I pick up a copy
God doesn't abort children
correct
nor does he cause earthquakes or hangnails.
not generally no.
...not that there weren't any unborn children in Falujah, or Soddom and Gomorrah....
Saddam bears the guilt for the dead in Iraq and the people of Soddom and Gomorrah bear the guilt for their dead!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ah. So a few rotten apples mean that wee ones deserve to die.

Any correlation to our nation's situation?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by deardelmar

NO! What situation would you mean?

Wait, wait. Time out. There were infants in Sodom. Did they deserve to die or not?

If yes, the almighty's cool with incinerating toddlers and babies whose only sin was being born into a city of depravity. Well, gee. If a baby's born in New Orleans or Frisco, and either city got nuked off the map, would those innocents "deserve" to die or not?

And if they DID NOT deserve to die, your deity's willing and fully capable of killing infants with no guile whatsoever, merely because...well, because collateral damage is inevitable.

I was referring to the situation of abortion in the United States. See, Christians almost always view abortion as willful sin and rebellion--which it may be, to a certain extent--but almost never wonder if it's actually a judgment of some kind.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

Wait, wait. Time out. There were infants in Sodom. Did they deserve to die or not?

If yes, the almighty's cool with incinerating toddlers and babies whose only sin was being born into a city of depravity. Well, gee. If a baby's born in New Orleans or Frisco, and either city got nuked off the map, would those innocents "deserve" to die or not?

And if they DID NOT deserve to die, your deity's willing and fully capable of killing infants with no guile whatsoever, merely because...well, because collateral damage is inevitable.
Since God created them he has the standing to change their existance from life on Earth to life in eternity.
I was referring to the situation of abortion in the United States. See, Christians almost always view abortion as willful sin and rebellion--which it may be, to a certain extent--but almost never wonder if it's actually a judgment of some kind.
OK. I'm not claiming that God can never pass judgment on America.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Since God created them he has the standing to change their existance from life on Earth to life in eternity. OK. I'm not claiming that God can never pass judgment on America.

But that little imaginative (and very wishful) thinking on your part doesn't address my question: did they DESERVE to die or not?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But that little imaginative (and very wishful) thinking on your part doesn't address my question: did they DESERVE to die or not?
I answerd your question you just didn't like my answer.

Art Deco

The question is not addressed to Deardelmar, but to God. Granite1010 asks God to justify to Granite1010's satisfaction whether they deserved to die. Who are you, a mere mortal, to question the motives of a Supreme Being capable of speaking the universe into existence? Talk about brassy... :doh:

Granite

Hall of Fame

I answerd your question you just didn't like my answer.

You absolutely did not. This is a yes or no question, man. Either you don't know, or you're not comfortable with it, which is understandable.

Art Deco

Wait, wait. Time out. There were infants in Sodom. Did they deserve to die or not?If yes, the almighty's cool with incinerating toddlers and babies whose only sin was being born into a city of depravity.
Being a little judgemental are we..? :think:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Hmmm....

I wonder what prevents pro-lifers from considering the possiblity that given their pro-war, pro-death penalty proclivities they seem just a wee bit hypocritical.

Not that they ARE, mind you. God knows what they are at this point. But acknowledging that pro-lifers come across as hypocritical would be a good place to start.

The evil secular humanist pro-death anti-Christ Aikido7 has posted plently of invitations and opportunities to discuss this fact in a rational matter.

Why did George Bush say that Karla Faye Tucker's execution "weighed heavily on him" while later mocking her pleas for clemency in an interview by Tucker Carlson in Talk Magazine?

Why do many believers cling to the "sacredness of life" while stoking up their personal revenge fantasies in their interpretation of Jesus on a white horse being the agent of mass murder?

The whole thing is confusing and irritating to me!

Art Deco

Speaking of the Israelite attack on the city of Jericho:
Joshua 6:21 They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it - men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, and donkeys.
It would appear that infants in Sodom and Jericho were not worthy to be saved from destruction. Disobediance to God brings God's wrath.

To love God is to hate evil. Where there is no hatred of evil there is no love of God... :angel:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It would appear that infants in Sodom and Jericho were not worthy to be saved from destruction

It would appear that infants in the United States are not worthy to be saved from the destructiveness of abortion. Especially with the Bush cutbacks, deficits and job loss which affects the poor and lower middle class....

Is that why the abortion rate is UP since Bush took office? After all, the rate DROPPED during Clinton's two terms....

Art Deco

Hmmm....

I wonder what prevents pro-lifers from considering the possiblity that given their pro-war, pro-death penalty proclivities they seem just a wee bit hypocritical.
Pro-War: Are you suggesting there is no such thing as a Just war? Pro-death penalty: Requiring the life of a murderer for taking an innocent life, maintains the value of the innocent victims life. Anything less is not justice and diminishes the value of the victims life. Only the morally conflicted have trouble resolving this issue.

Posted by Aikido7:
Why do many believers cling to the "sacredness of life" while stoking up their personal revenge fantasies in their interpretation of Jesus on a white horse being the agent of mass murder?
Revenge Fantasies? Your inability to rightly divide the Word of God has brought you to the place where you willingly exchange the truth for a lie. You are to be pitied..

Posted by Aikido7:
The whole thing is confusing and irritating to me!
:( Yes, we know. :(

Art Deco

It would appear that infants in the United States are not worthy to be saved from the destructiveness of abortion. Especially with the Bush cutbacks, deficits and job loss which affects the poor and lower middle class....

Is that why the abortion rate is UP since Bush took office? After all, the rate DROPPED during Clinton's two terms....
God's judgement on America is laid at the feet of the complacent, apathetic, Christian Church, and Jewish synagogs. :angel:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Art Deco

Speaking of the Israelite attack on the city of Jericho: It would appear that infants in Sodom and Jericho were not worthy to be saved from destruction. Disobediance to God brings God's wrath.

To love God is to hate evil. Where there is no hatred of evil there is no love of God... :angel:

Art, these observations DO NOT ANSWER THE FRIGGING question. If they were not "worthy," they obviously got what "they had coming," whatever that is. What exactly had an infant done to warrant being butchered? It's not as though they were actively supporting evil; as infants they couldn't possibly do anything but eat and sleep.

Now, by this rationale...assuming (as I'm sure you would argue) that the lion's share of women who get abortions are pagans--certainly not good Christian girls--why oppose abortion, if the pagan infants they're killing would grow up to be your enemies anyway?

Art Deco

Originally posted by granite1010 Art, these observations DO NOT ANSWER THE FRIGGING question. If they were not "worthy," they obviously got what "they had coming," whatever that is. What exactly had an infant done to warrant being butchered? It's not as though they were actively supporting evil; as infants they couldn't possibly do anything but eat and sleep.
Sorry Granite, I keep forgetting that you have no knowledge of the Bible. Rewind human history to the Garden of Eden...the first man and woman disobeyed God and brought what's called original sin into the world. All humans were blighted with this original sin and were in need of some means to regain fellowship with God the creator.

God gave them animal skins to wear to cover their nakedness. An animal was killed to obtain those skins. The first animal sacrifice for sin was performed. Blood sacrifice was instituted and required by God of His people through an elaborate system supervized by God ordained priests.
The purpose of this system was to retain God's blessings and aviod God's curses.

God's relationship with people who did evil constantly soured and motivated Him to wipe them out with a flood and start over with Noah and his three sons and wives. God's fierce anger breaks out from time to time. He killed the first born of all Egyptian households prior to the exodus. He nearly killed Moses because Moses did not circumcise his sons on the way back to Egypt.

God killed Aarons two sons because they did not follow temple worship as God had prescribed. Are you getting the picture here? God kills and directs killing on His behalf without remorse. If you don't like it, take it up with God.

Posted by Granite1010:
Now, by this rationale...assuming (as I'm sure you would argue) that the lion's share of women who get abortions are pagans--certainly not good Christian girls--why oppose abortion, if the pagan infants they're killing would grow up to be your enemies anyway?
God's people were to follow Gods rules relative to killing. Just wars were okay, self defense was okay, executing a death sentence for a pre-meditated murder was okay. Abortion, the taking of innocent life, is not okay with one exception, to save the life of the mother.