A Total Loss Of Respect

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would hesitate to lump anyone into the category of "true Christian" based on whether they are supporting Trump or not. True believers do get caught up in confusion.

Yes, there are many Christians who haven't done their homework and don't know how evil Donald Trump really is (focusing solely on the other evil, Hillary Clinton).

How about those that do know about Donald Trump yet continue to look the other way? Are they followers of Christ?

SimpleMan77

It's just too bad that the founding fathers didn't see clearly enough to let us elect those judges, isn't it?

Actually they gave us quite a say. We elect the president who appoints, and the senators who confirm.

I think the control of the Senate is actually more important that who becomes president.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

DavidK

Have you noticed that the Hilary supporters are left with the "getting the moral hi- ground tactics", i.e. calling Trump and the republicans heathens who don't love Jesus, and God appointed Trump to clean up the Christians in the Republican party, and God will punish them for being bigots and devils—-AND, AND uhhh God doesn't like the Trump supporters because Trump supporters are disgusting, immoral things who don't like God and don't do as He says.

I'll keep repeating, for the record, that I am not a Hillary supporter. I also didn't call Republicans heathens, though I did call the Republican Party a "Babylon".

It's clear throughout scripture that when we choose the lesser of evils, God is faithful to remind us that we shouldn't be choosing evil at all.

Jose Fly

Scripture, however, is clear that God allows vile men authority for a time when those who claim His name lose trust and seek for salvation from a ruler.

So it's the Christians who are supporting Trump who "bear the name "Christian" lightly for cultural purposes".

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

DavidK

Actually they gave us quite a say. We elect the president who appoints, and the senators who confirm.

They gave us a lot of indirect say about a lot of things, but were very careful to make sure it was indirect.

People keep saying to vote for platform. Funny that the founding fathers chose to give us a representative, rather than direct democracy. They strictly limited our ability to enact legislation as the people, and saw fit for us to elect candidates to then legislate.

Then there's "it's about the supreme court". The founding fathers thought there needed to be an extra layer of representation there, not only insulating the people from deciding how law should be interpreted, but causing us to elect people who would in turn fill the supreme court.

It's interesting that some of the same camp who shout "The constitution!" all the time seem to yearn for a shortcut around the layers that it puts in place to keep the fickle will of the people from causing the government to go wildly lurching around.

I think the control of the Senate is actually more important that who becomes president.

There definitely seems to be a delusion on the part of many that once the election is over whoever is president will suddenly enact all their heart's desire. Depends a lot on their relationship with Congress.

SimpleMan77

They gave us a lot of indirect say about a lot of things, but were very careful to make sure it was indirect.

People keep saying to vote for platform. Funny that the founding fathers chose to give us a representative, rather than direct democracy. They strictly limited our ability to enact legislation as the people, and saw fit for us to elect candidates to then legislate.

Then there's "it's about the supreme court". The founding fathers thought there needed to be an extra layer of representation there, not only insulating the people from deciding how law should be interpreted, but causing us to elect people who would in turn fill the supreme court.

It's interesting that some of the same camp who shout "The constitution!" all the time seem to yearn for a shortcut around the layers that it puts in place to keep the fickle will of the people from causing the government to go wildly lurching around.

There definitely seems to be a delusion on the part of many that once the election is over whoever is president will suddenly enact all their heart's desire. Depends a lot on their relationship with Congress.

I understand that well. They did a great job mostly. I think we should elect the president by popular vote in today's world, which would make campaigns go to every state, but most of our system is amazingly well designed.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And I'm sure Saturday Night Live will have lots of fun imitating honking noises as voice-overs for her. Yes, her voice is monotonous and annoying. But she is not a cheat, a sexual abuser, or a thief. And she is politically, intellectually, and experientially qualified for the job of president. Trump is none of those.

You certainly are delusional. They shouldn't allow you to vote based on that alone. In fact, I think anyone who's considering voting for Hillary should be evaluated for mental illness. Just my humble, yet, truthful opinion.

PureX

Oh definitely. If you look at the data, you see that while all Christian denominations are declining in the US, it's Catholics and other non-fundamentalist denominations that are declining the most. If that continues to play out, Christianity in the US will consist mostly of a minority of hard-core crazies.
And most of them will be posting here on TOL. :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God forbid that Jezebel, I mean Hillary (Similarity is uncanny) should gain the highest office in our country. I believe she has "dark forces" working diligently behind her.

Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's reason for "grave concern" if this "person", Hillary gets into office. There's a greater chance of war with Russia with her at the helm.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Three worst Presidents in my lifetime (Born 1950)

1)Obama
2)Hillary, if she reigns?
3)Jimmy Carter
4)Bill Clinton

If Hillary should win, (God forbid) she moves to number one.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
your avatar is really really gay

no surprise there :idunno:

I'll be changing it in other forums that I post in as well. Hopefully the word (this picture is worth 10,000 words don't cha think res?) will get out before it's too late and pro homosexual Donald Trump will be returning to where he belongs:

Your Libertarian Party.