A Total Loss Of Respect

ClimateSanity

Actually, I respect "crazy" when it's sincere. I even try to understand it, if I can. Often what appears crazy, and IS crazy, is also more reasonable in it's proper context that it first appears.

I understand the fear, anger, and resentment of the tea party Trump supporters. I even understand the nihilistic urge to "blow it all up" by supporting the worst presidential candidate in U.S. history. They have been played for fools by the republican party for 30 years, and they're finally realizing it. And now they have a chance to shove their anger and resentment back in the republican party's, and all America's, face.

I get it. I can even empathize with it.

But the time has come for them to face up to their foolishness, and to the fact that they've been played for fools by the republican party, and by the media, and by their own ignorance and bigotry. It's time to stop taking all that anger out on the rest of the nation; and on the gays, and on the blacks, and an the Mexicans, and an the poor, and on the Muslims, and on the democrats, and on the liberals, and start working with these people on the "other side" to finally implement some positive changes.

Wallowing in the gutter with Donald Trump isn't going to achieve anything worth achieving.

It's funny how you talk to your fellow travellers about how 'crazy' the people are who never came into your sphere of influence early in life. When they did, you completely closed your mind to what they said. This is the recipe for creating a reality of your own that only you and your cohorts inhabit. Therefore, outside of that artificial reality, you only can perceive crazy.

The funny thing is that we 'crazies' can see into your reality and know why you think that way. We find it all too disturbing and enraging. It's a miracle I haven't busted up a TV set yet when I forced myself to watch one of your cohorts on TV or read a complete articke on the web. The blood pressure goes through the roof.

ClimateSanity

I would be shocked to find out you actually and truly expect that sort of introspection from the Trump supporters here at ToL.

We have more introspection than you realize. We just have different values and priorities than you and most importantly , know the alphabet networks are lying through their teeth to us 24/7.

ClimateSanity

Sure I can. He is not what the political beltway establishment wants. He will throw a monkey wrench in their machine.

If he causes the whole political order to go down in flames and have a bloody revolution that makes the civil war look like child's play, my vote will be totally justified. The problem with purex is that he thinks this country is just fine and sees nothing intrinsically wrong with how this nation has developed in the last 50 years.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Interestingly, this thread is not about Hillary Clinton. Yet every post is another attempt at slandering her in the worst ways possible, because the people posting can't justify their support for Trump. So they have to shift the conversation over to Hillary.

Why does a person need to justify their support for Trump?
I'm voting for Trump because he suits me for the Presidency. You people have gotten so used to serving inquisitions on others that you have forgotten the concept of democracy- one does not need to consider your qualms, especially when you all have harassed the living hell out of people over the past six years. The Left have ironically become the fascists they report others to be :rolleyes:

Jose Fly

The fact that so many supposed Christians are still supporting Trump is a disgrace to the religion. But then, for myself, religious Christianity has always been as evil as it was ever good, because it is an expression of humanity, and this is who we are. But all the more reason to seek and glorify the good in it, and to expose and disparage the evil.

Well, I don't really recognize a difference between Christianity and "religious Christianity". But no matter how you define it, "Christianity" is in rapid decline in western civilization, and I'm fairly confident that the Trump campaign is only going to exacerbate that. And as I noted earlier, IMO that's a good thing.

There's been a lot of angst among Republicans that Trump may have poisoned the GOP brand for a generation of voters. Perhaps Trump's campaign will have a similar effect on the "Christian brand".

DavidK

Trump is great. Love everything about the guy.

Even... his hair? :shocked:

There's been a lot of angst among Republicans that Trump may have poisoned the GOP brand for a generation of voters. Perhaps Trump's campaign will have a similar effect on the "Christian brand".

Trump was chosen precisely for that effect. The time is coming when people will no longer bear the name "Christian" lightly for cultural purposes. And the Church and the witness of the Gospel will be better off for it.

PureX

Well, I don't really recognize a difference between Christianity and "religious Christianity". But no matter how you define it, "Christianity" is in rapid decline in western civilization, and I'm fairly confident that the Trump campaign is only going to exacerbate that. And as I noted earlier, IMO that's a good thing.

There is another concern, however. And that is that as good people see Christians supporting this vile ignoramus, and are turned away from organized Christian religiosity as a result, the remaining participants will become more "concentrated" in their attraction to bile and bigotry "in Jesus' name".

As far as I am concerned, anyone who actually casts a vote for Donald Trump will have forfeited any moral and political credibility they might otherwise have had.

get

"Yes! Yes! That's it! Moral credibility forfeiture!"

Jose Fly

Trump was chosen precisely for that effect. The time is coming when people will no longer bear the name "Christian" lightly for cultural purposes. And the Church and the witness of the Gospel will be better off for it.

Who exactly chose him for that purpose?

Jose Fly

There is another concern, however. And that is that as good people see Christians supporting this vile ignoramus, and are turned away from organized Christian religiosity as a result, the remaining participants will become more "concentrated" in their attraction to bile and bigotry "in Jesus' name".

Oh definitely. If you look at the data, you see that while all Christian denominations are declining in the US, it's Catholics and other non-fundamentalist denominations that are declining the most. If that continues to play out, Christianity in the US will consist mostly of a minority of hard-core crazies.

Jose Fly

The One who establishes all authority, of course.

Ah, so God put Trump at the top of the GOP ticket specifically to cleanse the US Christian population of the "Christians in name only".

The only question I have is, which way does that go? Are the "true Christians" the Trump supporters, or are they the ones who don't support the man who personifies the love of money, greed, lust, boastfulness, etc.?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
As far as I am concerned, anyone who actually casts a vote for Donald Trump will have forfeited any moral and political credibility they might otherwise have had. Trump is a known serial liar, cheater, womanizer, and thief. He has no knowledge of nor realistic solutions for the complex problems facing the nation and it's people, and he doesn't even care. Instead, he's willing to turn us against each other in ignorance and hate, just to gain some votes. He does not represent republican values, he does not represent conservative values, he doesn't even represent capitalist values. All he represents is unrestrained greed and ego, dishonesty, and opportunistic exploitation. And anyone who supports him in his bid to become America's representative to the world is an example of all that's wrong with the American spirit, and within the ignorance and darkness of the human heart.
2 Ti 3:1-5 :greedy:

"America has only had one divorcee president, but two widower presidents moved on to second wives while in office. And one president never got married at all.
14cb6a3adcf1bbbb81847de852c5913d.gif
Ronald Reagan was the only president who ever divorced his wife. Jun 18, 2010" LiveScience.com

See:

Divorce & Remarriage: A Position Paper by John Piper
Who Is God’s Candidate? By John MacArthur

DavidK

Ah, so God put Trump at the top of the GOP ticket specifically to cleanse the US Christian population of the "Christians in name only".

I wouldn't say "specifically". He's a master strategist. He's is fully capable of killing a thousand proverbial birds with one stone.

The only question I have is, which way does that go? Are the "true Christians" the Trump supporters, or are they the ones who don't support the man who personifies the love of money, greed, lust, boastfulness, etc.?

I would hesitate to lump anyone into the category of "true Christian" based on whether they are supporting Trump or not. True believers do get caught up in confusion. While our salvation is complete, our sanctification is still in process this side of the resurrection.

Scripture, however, is clear that God allows vile men authority for a time when those who claim His name lose trust and seek for salvation from a ruler. The intent is not to bless us, but to cause us to see the error of putting our faith in the princes of the world.

The Church in America has been captive to Babylon for a long time now, and it is time for her to come out. Too many of those who claim to be part of the Body of Christ are hoping the right Babylonian emperor will save Babylon so they can stay.