A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Excellent 2 Part study on the true identity of the Israel that shall be saved.
Good illustrations, too! ☺

That's so True!

~~~~~

I'm Thankful to God that you are able to receive the testimony here given !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

1 Cor 15:24-25 Deliver up the Kingdom !

1 Cor 15:24-25 Deliver up the Kingdom !

1 Cor 15:24

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

We know that His Body the Church is also His Kingdom, Jesus said to Peter Matt 16:18-19

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

This passage Identifies Christ's Church and The Kingdom that Peter was given the keys to as the exact same !

Remember Jesus said once before Jn 18:36

36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

It could very well have read :

36 Jesus answered, My Church is not of this world: if my Church were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my Church not from hence.

It is His Kingdom because He is its King, a Kingdom must have a Kingdom, and a King must have a Kingdom, This Kingdom, the Father gave to Him Lk 22:29

29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

The citizens of that Kingdom have already been appointed by God the Father, remember when Jesus answered the Mother of James and John He said to her Matt 20:20-23

20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedees children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.

22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

That same word prepared is used here Matt 25:34

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared G2090 for you from the foundation of the world !

This is also called " The Kingdom of His dear Son " Col 1:13

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

And Christ presently reigns in His Kingdom, as indicated here 1 Cor 15:24-25

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

This means that He is now presently reigning, its a present tense infinitive, He is now presently reigning as King of His Kingdom, thats what the word indicates. He is presently reigning Vs 25 in the Kingdom He will deliver up Vs 24 !

This also confirms that in some kind of literial sense, Christ is now reigning as a King over a Kingdom ! This can not be denied ! Lk 1:33

And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

This Kingdom is His Church, His Body !

beloved57

More on Church of Christ and Israel the same !

More on Church of Christ and Israel the same !

That Israel which is God's Chosen People in Christ, it is the Church of Christ, His Body, it is even more realized when we consider this, Writing to the Church of God at Corinth, composed of both believing jews and Gentiles, Paul writes of them 1 Cor 3:16

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? See Zech 6:12,13,15;

Now notice Zech 6:15

And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the Lord, and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God.

This refers to the adding of the Gentiles to the building of the Temple as stated here Eph 2:16-22

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Also Paul writing to the Church at Corinth writes of them 2 Cor 6:14-16

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now who can deny that Paul is writing to the Church, the Body of Christ 1 Cor 12 and He calls them " Ye are the Temple of the Living God" then he applies to them the promise that had been made to Israel back under the Old Covenant :

as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Here is the Promise from the OT now applied to the Church of Corinth, the Temple of God Ex 29:45

45 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Lev 26:11-12

11 And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.

12 And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 32:38

38 And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:

Ezk 37:26-27

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Paul applied it more directly to the Call of the Gentiles also Rom 9:24-26

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Now all these Promises had been directly to Israel, and Now they are fulfilled in Christ and the Church 2 Cor 1:20

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

All those Promises to Israel back then were in Christ, and His Church that He built with jew and Gentile Elect are the Temple of the Living God that He was Promised to build Zech 6:12-15

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

14 And the crowns shall be to Helem, and to Tobijah, and to Jedaiah, and to Hen the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of the Lord.

15 And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the Lord, and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God.

beloved57

I will build my Church !

I will build my Church !

Matt 16:18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

That word build also means to rebuild, its the greek word oikodomeō:

I.to build a house, erect a building
A.
to build (up from the foundation)

B.
to restore by building, to rebuild, repair

What Jesus means by this is the fulfiment of Prophecy Amos 9:11

In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

James refers to this very thing here with the Call of the Gentiles Acts 15:16

After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Notice the context :

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

The Call of the Gentiles is Identified as the building again of the Tabernacle of David, which is what Paul teaches here Eph 2:19-22

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Thats another name for Tabernacle, a Habitation, and of course this Identifies Christ's Church.

Its no use arguing against the clear light that the Tabernacle of David from Amos 9:11 is the Call of the Gentiles in Acts 15 which is also the Church of Christ that He is the Head !

beloved57

I will build my Church !2

I will build my Church !2

Christ's Church is simply all of God's Called out ones of Abraham's Spiritual Seed, His Church under the OC was Typified by Abraham's physical seed, or natural seed. Now likewise under that Covenant, the Majority of Christ's Church, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, they were made up of a remnant of Abraham's natural seed Israel, whereas a reversal takes place under the NC, whereas now Christ's same Church, Abraham's Spiritual seed, is being made up of the Majority of Gentiles from the Nations, but regardless of ethnicity, they are all Children of Abraham and God identified by Faith in Christ [Abraham's Seed Spiritually Gal 3:16] Gal 3:7,26,29

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith [jew or Gentile], the same are the children of Abraham.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And they are all the Called out Ones that began to be manifested in their Father Abraham Heb 11:8

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Those Two Words Called καλέω out ἐκ combined = Church ἐκκλησία, Hence the Called out ones are the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, Thats the Church of Christ, The Spiritual Seed of Abraham ! Thats the Church Christ promised to build or rebuild !

beloved57

Our Great High Priest Intercedes for His Church !

Our Great High Priest Intercedes for His Church !

Heb 7:24-26

24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Here in context it is certain that Jsus Christ is identified as the Great High Priest of New Covenant Israel, God's Elect People, also we know this Priesthood to be connected to a better Covenant in which Christ is the surety and mediator Heb 7:22

22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Heb 8:6

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

With an unchageable priesthood Vs 24 Heb 7:24, after the order of Melchisedec Heb 7:11-17, and this is in fulfillment of what we have here in the Psalms Ps 110:1-4

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2 The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

especially Vs 4, so the people designated " Thy People" in Vs 3 are the same as in Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

That come to God through or by Him, so His Priesthood after the order of Melchisedec, is the Day of His Power !

beloved57

Our Great High Priest Intercedes for His Church ! 2

Our Great High Priest Intercedes for His Church ! 2

Now its without doubt that Heb 7:25 is speaking to The New Covenant House of Israel and Judah according to what is written in Heb 8:6-8 which follows Chapter 7 which reads:

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

But this New Coveant People Israel is also the Church, the Body of Christ, because this very same High Priest as in Heb 7:25 that makes Intercession for them, is here also making Intercession for the same Elect People Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Now who has the senseless notion to deny that which Christ does here in Rom 8:34 "who also maketh intercession for us." to deny that its the same as the Great High Priest here who "he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

And we know that the Us in Rom 8:34 is the Body of Christ Rom 12:4-5

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

1 Cor 12:12

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

In Romans 8 the Great High Priest that Intercedes sets on the Right hand of God Rom 8:34

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

And so is the Great High Priest of Heb 7:25 as stated here Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

This confirms that New Covenant Israel, the recipients of the Promises made to Israel as the New Covenant Jer 31-33 is none other than the Church, the Body of Christ !

beloved57

A Typical priesthood versus the True !

A Typical priesthood versus the True !

The Old Covenant and its priesthood unto the People of God, was merely typical and temporary, and at the time of it, it was only relevant unto Abraham's descendants according to the flesh, natural israel, because they were a typical People of God, typical of Abraham's Spiritual Seed,descendants, according to God's Promise as was Israel; also, it the Old Covenant priesthood veiled the True Glory of God in the Face of Jesus Christ, for it only provided types and shadows, and did not give individuals access to God, neither did it take away the sins of the people, and finally, The OC and its priesthood with its temporary blessings, was conditional, it was burdensome to the people as Peter states here Acts 15:10

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Christ has ushered in the True Tabernacle Heb 8:2

A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

The Priesthood is connected with the Tabernacle / Temple with the People of God !

beloved57

To Abraham and his Seed were the Promises made !

Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The Seed was Singular Christ ! Behold a Mystery, Remember when God promised to Abraham by saying Gen 17:7-8

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Now who do you think Abraham's Seed is in these verses ? In Vs 8 the Promise is "I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee,all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession and I will be their God !

Now if we believe God's Word, inspired by God, the Seed is Christ Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises as in plural made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Now if this be True, why does the pronoun their appears as in plural, look at Vs 7

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

This sounds confusing, because how can Christ, Abraham's Seed as in One, also be plural as in many ? Its simple, look again at exactly who the One Seed is in Gal 3:16, its Christ, and Abraham's Seed Christ has a Body that is composed of many members [plural], as Christ He is the Head of His Own Body the Church, whereas He as the Head has many Members 1 Cor 12:12

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Understand something,The Christ in Gal 3:16 is the exact same one in 1 Cor 12:12, as Hebrews tells us Heb 13:8

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

The Body of Christ is one with many members, and yet Christ is the One Head of the Body Eph 1:20-23

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23 Which is his body
, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Col 1:17-18

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Christ as the Head of the Body the Church is before all things, thats before the commencement of the OT Gen 1:1 ff !

And its as Christ, the Head of the Body the Church, He and His Body are One . Eph 5:29-31

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Thats the Mystery of Abraham's Seed being one as in Seed and not seeds Gal 3:16 Because as that One Seed, He is One with the Church, and all such in Christ are Abraham's Seed and Heirs of the Promises Gal 3:29, yes that includes the Promise of Gen 17:8

And I will give unto thee [Abraham], and to thy seed[Christ Gal 3:16] after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

This cannot be denied by the scripture !

beloved57

Was Jesus a Jew ?

Was Jesus a Jew ?

Jn 4:22

Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Yes, Jesus was a Jew, thats why He could say what He did in the above scripture ! But Jesus does not mean that He is or that Salvation is by those physical ethnic jews of the Land of palestine, for Jesus was a Jew after this manner Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

beloved57

Was Jesus a Jew ? cont

Was Jesus a Jew ? cont

Yes Jesus was a Jew, but not a Blood Jew, but Jesus was and is that Jew that characterizes spiritual heart circumcision as per Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Was Jesus praise of men ? By no means, but was His Praise of God ? By all means ! Mk 1:11 !

And the Jews that Christ makes that please God are those whom receive from Him the Circumcision of Christ Col 2:11

In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

In the greek " circumcision of Christ" is Genitive which denotes its kind or class so its a circumcision found in and authored by Christ , and its spiritual, not natural !

And let us not forget something very vital, Jesus Christ WAS NOT A JEW BY BLOOD ! For He did not have a blood jew father, Joseph Mary's husband, was not Jesus biological father ! Jesus Christ was never in the Loins of Joseph or any other man or jew by blood ! Neither was He from or out of any physical or biological egg produced by mary his mother, for He was placed into mary by the Holy Ghost, for we read thusly Matt 1:20

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

That which was being generated in her was out of the Holy Spirit ! It was not out of her physical egg !

The tiny embryo Christ child was placed into her for conception, out of the Holy Spirit, it was supernaturally accomplished; In fact we have a record of the Women who brought the child into birth Rev 12:1-6

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Who believes this Women is mary ? If you do, you are a foolishly deceived It is this Women described in the above that is responsible for bringing the Man Child Jesus Christ into the World / Earth, which has nothing to do with being an ethnic jew, all of the above is Spiritual and Symbolical !

beloved57

O Jacob and O Israel !

O Jacob and O Israel !

Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Who is O Jacob and O Israel here ? I know that many deceived hearts will say that this is Abraham's descendants according to the flesh, meaning the natural physical nation of israel over in the middle east, but they are deceived and wrong, this is the Church, the Body of Christ, and I will seek to prove it, even though I am sure many will not believe the proof from scripture, because they cannot ! Lets notice first of all that this Jacob and Israel are those whom God redeems, for God says in that verse "for I have redeemed thee"

This is what Luke 1 wrote of here Lk 1:68

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Now He also, in addition to redeeming them, Calls them by Name. You recall what Paul writes of the Church, the Body of Christ in 1 Cor 6:20

20 For ye are bought or redeemed with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

20 You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.AMP

The word bought in 1 Cor 6:20 is also translated redeemed in the NT 3 Times : See Rev 5:9;14:3-4, also of the Church it is written 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Now the word redeem in Isa 43:1 is the hebrew word Ga'al:

to redeem, act as kinsman-redeemer, avenge, revenge, ransom, do the part of a kinsman (Qal) to act as kinsman, do the part of next of kin, act as kinsman-redeemer 1a

by marrying brother's widow to beget a child for him, to redeem from slavery, to redeem land, to exact vengeance to redeem (by payment)
to redeem (with God as subject)
1a

individuals from death 1a
Israel from Egyptian bondage 1a
Israel from exile
(Niphal) to redeem oneself
to be redeemed

Christ is the Kinsman Redeemer of His Church, His Body of which He is Head !

Christ's Blood was the price paid the Fathers Law and Justice for the redemption of His kinsmen

So both O Israel / Jacob is redeemed by God as is the Church of Christ !

beloved57

O Jacob and O Israel !2

O Jacob and O Israel !2

Also to this Jacob Israel in Isa 43:1 God says I have called you by Name !

The word called Isa 43:1

But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

to call, call out, recite, read, cry out, proclaim (Qal) to call, cry, utter a loud sound
to call unto, cry (for help), call (with name of God)
to proclaim
to read aloud, read (to oneself), read
to summon, invite, call for, call and commission, appoint, call and endow
to call, name, give name to, call by

Now notice what Paul writes to the Corinthian Church , that they are Called 1 Cor 1:2,24

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

But unto them which are called,both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

And remember what Jesus said of His Own Sheep Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

The same thing said of those in Isa 43:1

Notice also the statement "thou art mine"

What does Jesus say of His Sheep ? Jn 10:4

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Some of His Sheep are of the Gentiles Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

If He has them, they are His, He can say of them also, "thou art mine"

This again points to His Church the Body of Christ, and that O Jacob and O Israel in Isa 43:1 is the Church, the Body of Christ, the Flock of God Acts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

beloved57

O Jacob and O Israel ! 3

O Jacob and O Israel ! 3

Notice also in Isa 43:1 passage that God calls O Jacob and O Israel His Sons and Daughters gathered from all four corners of the Earth Isa 43:5-6

5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

Now also Paul to the Called jew and Gentile Church, the Body of Christ applies those terms to them

2 Cor 6:14-18

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Notice also in Isa 43:5 He says of them I will bring thy seed from the east ! Very similar to Jesus saying of the Other Sheep He has, that He must bring them Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Thats the Gentile aspect of O Israel and O Judah !

Also in Isa 43:5 He speaks of gathering the Seed from the west ! Thise agrees with the gathering of all the Children of God spoken of here Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together or bring together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

All this speaks to the Church, the Body of Christ, the Children of God from amongst the jew and Gentiles !

The Children of God here in Jn 11:52 are the same ones as here:

Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: The Body of Christ !

Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Rom 8:21

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 9:26

And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. The Church of Christ !

Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

1 Jn 3:10

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

beloved57

O Jacob and O Israel ! 4

O Jacob and O Israel ! 4

Again, when we look in the context of Isa 43:1, the O Jacob and O Israel there is said to be called by His Name Isa 43:7

7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

So the O Jacob and O Israel are the equivalent to " Everyone that is Called by God's Name " !

Which characteristic does apply to the Gentiles here Acts 15:14-17

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Now this will give those of us with Understanding to realize that some Gentiles are included in this O Jacob and O Israel of Isa 43:1, which in turn applies to the Church in Christ, believers out of the jews and Gentiles Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed[Jacob and Israel, and heirs according to the promise.

Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

To be called a Christian is to be called by The Lords Christ's Name ! Thats what it means " A People for His Name "

Acts 11:26

And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass , that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Or to be called a Child of God is to be called in His Name as in Gal 3:26

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

This is therefore the O Jacob and O Israel of Isa 43:1

beloved57

O Jacob and O Israel ! 5

O Jacob and O Israel ! 5

This series is to show that O Judah and O Israel of Isa 43:1 is the Church, the Body of Christ. We show how things God says to them in Isa 43:1 are things applied to the New Covenant Church comprised of both jew and Gentile of Abraham's Spiritual Seed Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Now whose going to deny that the above is referring to the Body of Christ, which He is Head, and that Israel and Judah are Abraham's Seed !

In another OT scripture Judah and Israel are those God shall pardon Jer 50:20

20 In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

That word pardon Calach means:

to forgive, pardon (Qal) to forgive, pardon
(Niphal) to be forgiven

That word pardon also is the same word forgive here Jer 31:34

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying , Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This refers to the New Covenant established by the Blood of Christ, the Head of the Church Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission/forgiveness of sins.

That word remission / forgiveness means:

release from bondage or imprisonment
forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

Because of this Blood of the Covenant God deals with them as though they have never sinned !

Notice now that He pardons them whom He reserves which means a remnant, that which is left over, or remaineth, which also describes certain Gentiles Acts 15:17

That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called , saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

That word residue Kataloipos means:

left remaining

Which is exactly what reserve means in Jer 50:20

20 In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.

Its the hebrew word Sha'ar and means:

to remain, be left over, be left behind (Qal) to remain
(Niphal) to be left over, be left alive, survive 1b

remainder, remnant (participle) to be left behind

(Hiphil) to leave over, spare
to leave or keep over
to have left
to leave (as a gift)

You see that, the same meaning. So God had a reserved remnant out of the jews Rom 11:5

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

which word is Leimma ,Leipo and means:

to leave, leave behind, forsake, to be left behind to lag, be inferior
to be destitute of, to lack

to be wanting, to fail

And of course a remnant out of the Gentiles Acts 15:17

That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called , saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

So both remnants of jews and Gentiles fit the description of those Pardoned and reserved in Jer 50:20 which fits the description of those in Isa 43:1,25

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

This is the Church !

beloved57

O Jacob and O Israel ! 6

O Jacob and O Israel ! 6

O Jacob and O Israel of Isa 43:1,25

They are the Church or Bride of Christ, or the Body of Christ because for Christ's Sake, they have their transgressions blotted out and thats a New Covenant blessing for the Body of Christ !

Speaking to O Jacob and O Israel in Isa 43:1 in vs 25 it reads :

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

This is applied to the Colossian Church with Gentiles Col 2:13,14

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh=Gentiles], hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The blotting out of these things, "the handwriting of ordinances that was against us,which was contrary to us"

Is the same as their Transgressions against God's Law ! Thats what Christ's Death of the Cross took away, the Transgressions of God's People that had been laid upon Him Isa 53:5

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Ps 103 :12

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

This is what Col 2:14 is saying ! And Transgession are removed for Christ's Sake or His Names sake just as it stated here Isa 43:25

The same as the Church Eph 4:32

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

1 Jn 2:12

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you[WHY ?] for his name's sake.

And remember, Christ's Body the Church which He is the Head of in Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

They are also in the same Book called God's Elect Col 3:12

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

So Christ's Body the Church Col 1:18 is confirmed as God's Elect Col 3:12, which is confirmed as O Jacob and O Israel Ps 135:4

For the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

oatmeal

Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

This was not peter here, but paul, the apostle unto the gentiles, who makes this very important statement, and sheds much light upon for whom Jesus Christ came to save as according to promise..

Another important scripture that lends to the truth of this is Lk 1:68-69

68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, [see Matt 1: 21]

69And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70As he spake [or promised] by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

This promise of redemption of His people, as the Lord God of Israel, hath been revealed and promised since the world began..

This takes us back to the first proclamation of the promised salvation or redemption to Gen 3:15

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel

This seed of the women would be Israel [Christ and His People]..and the which, salvations first promise is to and for this seed Israel, the seed of the women..

This is some what typed out or signified in Rev 12:1-2

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. [the birth of Jesus Christ]

This women had also a seed as we see later in Rev 12:17

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

[ so Christ and his Members are the seed of the women Gal 3:16,29]

So salvation and redemption from the conception of the world, had only a particular seed in view, which later became known as Israel..

But now, its important to understand, that the Israel paul is referring to in Acts 13:23..is not Israel according to the flesh..but Israel according to Promise..

Lets show here how paul discerned another Israel other than national Israel Rom 9:6

Not as though the word [or promise] of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel [Acts 13:23],] which are of Israel [nationally]:

You see, the promises of redemption and salvation as stated in Lk 1:68-70, to the people of God, the God of Israel, the promise were not to national israel..but a spiritual remnant within that nation, and as we will find out, a spiritual remnant among the nations of the world, which constituted Israel,[Rom 11] the one paul preached in Acts 13:23

Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Now paul had the Israel of God [Rom 9:6] in view when he made this statement in the above..

Now get this next point, for its tricky, but nevertheless its extremely important because of the symmetry and analogy of scripture.

The difference between what paul preached here in Acts 13 :23 and what peter taught here in Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The difference is this..for peter was correct in that Jesus was exalted to the right hand of God to give repentance to a certain chosen people Israel..but what peter did not know but what paul did know..is this:

That Israel was no longer viewed as a mere physical ethnic nation, but that Israel was comprised of Gentiles as well, who became Israel..

Notice..Eph 2:12,19

12That at that time ye [gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

They [Gentiles] are now no more strangers and aliens, but fellowcitizens [of Israel Gods chosen people] and so now they also have the same right to be called Israel,

in fact, even more of a right than the non elect jews of that nation..because the Israel of God was never non elect jews, but Elect Jews like Jacob over Esau or Isaac over ishmael..Children of promise..

So salvation and redemption has always been limited unto Israel as a people, but the mystery that was not clearly unveiled since the world began [Gen 3:15]

Eph 3:3-6

3How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: [Lk 1: 68-70]

In that Israel was made up of Gentiles also.. Yes thats the unveiling in more detail by Paul of this mystery..[Israel of God was never a physical nation but a Spiritual people or Nation Rom 2,1Pet 2 ]

but nevertheless, true to promise, salvation and redemption is and has always been limited to a chosen people [Israel]..not limited to a certain geographical location as national Israel in the middle east or a certain ethical people [respect of persons], but the scope of this Israel of God is world wide..but nevertheless its only to the world of Gods Israel, all others, are blinded..

You know how paul says in Rom 9: 6

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

So likewise, they are not all the world [for whom Christ died] which are of the world [the inhabited earth]

Just like there was an Israel within Israel that God had a respect and favor for, likewise there is a world within the world that God has a special regard for, and that world is the Israel of God, the Spiritual seed of Abraham..

Most certainly, with the choice of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the focus was on Israel.

Why? because it was of their lineage that Christ would be born.

God is wise enough and knowledgeable enough to set wise priorities and focus on the best plan, His plan, for man's redemption.

The promise of a redeemer was not made to Israel, but to two people who transgressed, Adam and Eve.

Genesis 3:15

The promise was not made to Israel, although it was fulfilled within the people of Israel, (noting that both Rahab and Ruth, who being in the lineage of Jesus Christ, were Gentiles, not Judeans)

So, then are you suggesting that Abel, Enoch, Noah, etc being Gentiles will not be in the resurrection of the just?

beloved57

oatmeal

Most certainly, with the choice of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the focus was on Israel.

You quoted a post then evaded discussion of the points made in it, So:

Please explain back to me all my points made in that post, even though you may disagree with them ! Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.