A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel 3

They are not all Israel, which are of Israel 3

Israel according to Faith will always have God's Word in them in contrast to Israel who after the flesh, for remember Jesus said to some of them Jn 8:37

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

meaning it could not take root in them, whereas Israel of Faith, God's Word would be in their heart Rom 10:8

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Now how does the word get in their heart, for that is not possible by nature ! Its implanted by New Birth as Per James 1:17-21

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

In Vs 21 it is called the engrafted word, engrafted where ? Rom 10:8

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That word engrafted Emphutos means:

inborn, implanted by nature, implanted by others instruction

Its implanted by the nature we receive at New Birth, after being born out of the Logos of God 1 Pet 1:23, then we are ready for it to be engrafted by Gospel instruction.

Its to do with an spiritual application of the word into the renewed heart by the Spirit of God, and so there is also a spiritual hearing that produces Faith, and this happens to all of Abraham's Spiritual Seed whether jew or Gentile, and this comprises the Israel of Faith in contrast to that Israel according to the flesh. If they be of the Israel of Faith, then Jesus says in another place " Ye would believe me " Jn 5:46-47

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

See, even though Israel of the flesh had the privilege of having the law of moses upon them by tradition, they never believed Moses, go back to the exit out of Egypt for the proof of the same ! Now if they would have been born by the same Spirit of Faith, as Abraham, Moses and all those in the Israel of Faith Heb 11, they would have believed Jesus words as they did, so Jesus says of Israel of the flesh Jn 8:42-43,47

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye [Israel after the flesh] therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

beloved57

The Church is also the Seed/House of David !

The Church is also the Seed/House of David !

Rom 1:3

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

The Church is also the Seed/House of David and here is why ! As you can see that Our Lord Jesus Christ, according to the flesh was made of the Seed of David, also lets read 2 Tim 2:8

8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Jesus Christ of the seed of David, this also according to the flesh ! Now in the flesh also Christ is One Flesh with His Body the Church, Eh 5:29-32

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So, If the Church, the Body of Christ are members of His FLESH and BONES and Jesus Christ in the FLESH is the Seed of David, then that Makes the Church also of the Seed of David, unless Christ has Two different Flesh's which is absurd.

Again notice closely Vs 30 as it describes His Church, the Body of His "we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones."

Vs 31 "and they two shall be one flesh." The Church is the Wife of the Seed of David according to the Flesh, and they are One before God !

So if this is the case of the Relationship of Christ and His Church in the flesh, and according to the Flesh He is of the Seed of David, then His Church who is One Flesh with Him is of the Seed of David, Just in like manner Christ is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

His Church, the Body of Christ is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

beloved57

Pauls desire for Israel to be saved !

Pauls desire for Israel to be saved !

Rom 10:1

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Rom 9:1-6

I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Now the most common conception in popular Apostate religion is that the Israel Paul yearned about and prayed to God that it be saved, was ethnic national Israel, But that's not true at all, it was only a remnant out of that apostate ethnic Israel which he meant by that, for the Israel he prays for is only one of the Israel's he writes about here Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Also it for only one of the Israels in Vs 6 that the things in Vs 4-5 had application to Rom 9:4-5

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

These things did not apply to the entire nation as commonly held. For example, the Giving of the Law was desgned to be a schoolmaster to the Elect Jews to bring them to Faith in Christ Gal 3:23-25

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

And to them jews Christ shall be revealed in them as it was to Paul Gal 1:15-16

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

None of the promises were to national ethnic Israel, but to the remnant election of grace Israel within that apostate nation Israel, which remnant comes to Faith in Christ Rom 11:5-7

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Paul was praying for those jews , which were his kinsmen according to the flesh, praying for their conversion according to the will of God among them, and that would only be SOME of them as indicated here Rom 11:14

If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

The same thing here 1 Cor 9:19-22

19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Some denotes a remnant ! The remnant out of the jews were perhaps dear to Paul because they were of his country men

And the rest belongs to apostate national Israel and are blinded; And Paul in no ways desires the salvation of reprobated national Israel, for he knew God's will for them, Just read Rom 11:7-10 !

For apostate national Israel is cast out as typified here with Ishmael and his mother Gal 4:30

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

You know, this verse when understood correctly, puts an end to to the false hope of any national ethnic jewish salvation, that cast away nation, for that cast away nation,the Israel of Sinai, they shall not be Heirs, which simply means, they shall not be Heirs of the Kingdom James 2:5

5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

national Israel was not the Chosen, as seen here Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel[national] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but [the election or Israel chosen] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The Election here is the Chosen in James 2:5 !

And that's the Israel Paul prays for, the jewish Heirs of his kinsmen according to the flesh !

beloved57

Behold Israel Indeed !

Behold Israel Indeed !

Just as Jesus noted an Israelite indeed Jn 1:47

Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!

There is an Israel indeed Rom 9:6-8

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The Israel indeed is that which Paul writes here " In Isaac shall thy seed be called "

Now what Seed is Paul meaning here ? Its the Seed of Abraham, the Seed / Children of Promise, Its that Seed of Abraham which Salvation is Promised to Isa 45:17,25

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

And Paul here by inspiration of God is making a very important clarification ; for He is pointing out that Israel, Abraham's national ethnic descendants, according to the flesh, ARE NOT the Seed of Abraham the OT promise were made, when such Promises to Abraham as this Gen 17:7-8

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Paul is pointing out that Abraham's Seed there and in the like promises in the OT, they did not apply to or was not directd towards Abraham's natural seed of the flesh [they were not God's children Rom 9:8]
as they were typified by Ishmael and hagar his mother per Gal 4:22-25

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Now what Israel is that ? Ex 19:11-20:19, that Israel is that of Sinai and its Abraham's seed or children according to the flesh
Which Israel was was established at Sinai Vs 24-25

Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Now that is not the Seed to which the promises applied to, neither did they have no faith, but in Isaac shall thy Seed be called to inherit the promises as Per Heb 9:15

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance [ Gen 17:8].

And Isaac typified the Seed of Abraham to which the Promises do apply, as the Child of Promise, not born according to the flesh, but according to God's Word of Promise; a Seed[of Abraham] that did not depend on the flesh of Abraham and Sarah, according to nature or their natural children, as that which was typified by Abraham and hagar when they had Ishmael, but solely depended upon a Seed that would be Created Supernaturally[ for Abraham] by God's Word of Promise .

That's what John implied here Matt 3:9

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

That's what God did as Illustrated by the Birth of Isaac, God raised up a Supernatural Spiritual Seed unto Abraham, and that's the Israel indeed !

beloved57

Behold Israel Indeed ! 2

Behold Israel Indeed ! 2

Now all whom are Abraham's Seed according to the Isaac rule, a Supernatural Child of Promise, is the Israel indeed, the Israel of Promise, The Israel that Isa 45:17,25 doeth applie to.

The Promises were made to Abraham, of the inheritance before circumcision, which characterized Abraham's children according to the flesh, Pauls point here Rom 4:9-16

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law[national Israel], but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise[Inheritance] might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all[Jew and Gentile Believers],

The All the Seed in Vs 16 here of Rom 4, is that Seed of Abraham born according to the Isaac rule, by Supernatural Promise, and that Seed would be comprised of Elect People out from among all Nations in the Earth Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

He here being Promised to be a Father of all Nations refers to His Supernatural Children of Promise as was Isaac, and they together are called Israel Rom 9:6

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel[supernatural children of promise], which are of Israel[national]:

and Abraham's called seed in Isaac Rom 9:7

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham[nationally], are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise [Israel Indeed].

The brethren here are believers in Christ, the Church !

beloved57

The Church [Body of Christ] is that Holy Nation !

The Church [Body of Christ] is that Holy Nation !

Ex 19:6

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Now God calls through Peter the Church, those Born again through the Resurrection of Christ 1 Pet 1:3 that Holy Nation 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Yes, thats the Holy Nation God meant in Ex 19:6, and its fulfilled in these ones 1 Pet 1:3,23

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The born again ones Vs 23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And who will deny that these are the same as these 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

So the Holy Nation of Ex 19:6 is seen to be the Church of Christ, Born of Incorruptible Seed 1 Pet 1:23 comprised of both jew and gentile people who become believers in Christ 1 Pet 2:7

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

Its also that Nation that Jesus refers to here Matt 21:43

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

And this Nation is the same as that of 1 Pet 2:9

Which is comprised of both jew and gentile believers, and here is why ! Peter says of that same Holy Nation a few things that equally apply also to the Church, the Body of Christ #1 That they are a peculiar People Which applies to the Church that Paul writes to via the Pastor Titus, a Gentile Pastor and Believer Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us [jew and gentile believers], that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Now who is going to deny that the peculiar people here are different from the ones in 1 Pet 2:9 ? If they do they do but contend against the Truth !

The word for peculiar here in 1 Pet 2:9 is peripoiēsis and means:

I.
a preserving, a preservation

II.
possession, one's own property

III.
an obtaining

And the word for pecuilar in Titus 2:14 is periousios and means:

I.that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions
A.
a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

This denotes more of the Gentile aspect of the Holy Nation, those picked out by God from other than the jewish nation, but both together make up the One Holy Nation of God's Possession, that fulfills Ex 19:6

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Sorry, but there are not Two distinct Holy Nations through Christ the Head of the Church His Body born out of Him 1 Pet 1:23 !

beloved57

The Church [Body of Christ] is that Holy Nation ! 2

The Church [Body of Christ] is that Holy Nation ! 2

Now this being the case, We see God through the Apostles, Peter and Paul now addressing the Church, the Body of Christ with epithets that were addressed before to Israel in the OT; For instance, To Israel Ex 19:5-6

5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

They're applied to the Church here, the Body of Christ born out of His Resurrection 1 Pet 2:5,9

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Confirmed as the Church by these here Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Eph 2:20-22

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Another such reference is 2 Cor 6:16

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. This is applied to the Church, the Body of Christ !

The Promise was made to Israel Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This is irrefutable evidence that Israel is the Church, the Body of Christ, Just in her New Testament or Covenant form !

beloved57

The Church [Body of Christ] is that Holy Nation ! 3

The Church [Body of Christ] is that Holy Nation ! 3

The Church, the NT Body of Believers, Born Again Ones 1 Pet 1:3,23

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The Lord Jesus Christ here is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Born Again Believers are therefore The Promised Seed to Abraham[Through Christ] promised here Gen 15:5,6

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

6 And he believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Paul relates this to Justification and Imputed Righteousness here Rom 4:2-3

2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

So the Seed promised to Abraham in Gen 15:5 is a Justified Seed through Christ his Seed, again Gal 3:16

This is also related to the Gospel being preaced to Abraham Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

So the heathen/ gentiles Justified by Faith are part of that promised Seed in Gen 15:5

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

So Christ and His Church are the Fulfillment of Abraham's Seed of Promise Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

beloved57

Israel My Son !

Israel My Son !

Matt 2:15

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

One of the biggest problems with false religion and dispensationalist, they fail to understand scripture from a Christ centered perspective, all things in the OT, its prophecies and promises to and for God's True People are fulfilled in Christ, not in a ethnicity , the flesh !

Now to my point, MY SON here in the text above refers to The Lord Jesus Christ, the child who had escaped death from the hands of King herod Matt 2:11-15

11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Also this is seen here Rev 12:4

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

King herod did not know it, but he was being used by satan to attempt to Kill the Seed of the Woman Israel !

For Matt 2:15 fufilled a Prophecy from the OT Ex 3:11

11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

Ex 4:22-23

22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn [As Is Christ]:

23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Now understand, God said of Israel, Israel is my Son, My First Born, the NT writers applies that to Jesus Christ, the Son of God Matt 2:15 and Jesus Christ is the Firstborn Col 1:15,18

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Remember again, God said Ex 4:22

22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

Heb 12:23

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

The Church of Israel, God's Son and Firstborn !

Now who is bold and brazen enough to deny that in a very real sense and Spiritual application , that the Lord Jesus Christ, The Son of God, has been by Divine Inspiration has been identified as Israel Matt 2:15, and since that is True, in a very real and Spiritual aplication way, the Church of the Firstborn who is One with Him, the Spiritual Mystery intimated here Eph 5:30-32

30 For we[The Church] are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Then the Church, His Body, members of His flesh and bones is Israel also, whom God also calls out of egypt Rev 18:4

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues [like in egypt].

Cp Ex 3:10-11

10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

11 And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

Hence, the Church, the Body of Christ is the Israel of God, as is Jesus the Firstborn Son is, they're One Flesh Gal 6:16 and they're Both Abraham's Spiritual Seed Gal 3:16,29

Ps82

b57,

Do you know why names written in the book of life may yet be blotted out?

Samie,
I have wrestled with that question. I don't know the real answer, but I have thoughts of how the security of salvation can co-exist with being blotted out of the book of life.

Here are my ideas.
God gives life to all creatures. He is the source of life.
It is God's will that all be saved; so, perhaps all the living human being start out in the book of life (I believe from conception).

Yet, God gave man free will to choose their own fate. Therefore, there may come a day when those who do not find themselves the the LAMB'S book of life may be those who are blotted out of life and headed for outer darkness and the Lake of Fire with Satan.

IOW, people will be blotted out of the Book of Life because they are not found in the LAMB'S book of life.

You know that Revelations talks about books ... not just a book.

I've come to think that each one of us with life in us from God are like a book of life and God will read our auto biography and judge us by what we have done with our lives.

I just pray that my life will be a pleasing chapter within the LAMB'S BOOK of life.

There is a book of life

Ben Masada

To understand the relationship Israel had and the ecclesia now have with Yah Veh you must transliterate the word from Hebrew. Instead of using Israel in should be Yisra'El which means Ruled of El in a covenant manner. That rule is no longer in place. The Ruled of El are now His children by the New Covenant.

Words, words, meaning and transliteration sheds light on so many things that otherwise confuse.

Now, would you mind telling us when this replacement of the Jewish Covenant was effected so that "The New Covenant" which I believe you mean the NT occurred? Before you use Jeremiah 31:31, I would like to remind you that the New Covenant prophesied by Jeremiah was with the House of Israel and the House of Judah as one People and no longer two nations. (Ezekiel 37:22)

Samie

Samie,
I have wrestled with that question. I don't know the real answer, but I have thoughts of how the security of salvation can co-exist with being blotted out of the book of life.

Here are my ideas.
God gives life to all creatures. He is the source of life.
It is God's will that all be saved; so, perhaps all the living human being start out in the book of life (I believe from conception).

Yet, God gave man free will to choose their own fate. Therefore, there may come a day when those who do not find themselves the the LAMB'S book of life may be those who are blotted out of life and headed for outer darkness and the Lake of Fire with Satan.

IOW, people will be blotted out of the Book of Life because they are not found in the LAMB'S book of life.

You know that Revelations talks about books ... not just a book.

I've come to think that each one of us with life in us from God are like a book of life and God will read our auto biography and judge us by what we have done with our lives.

I just pray that my life will be a pleasing chapter within the LAMB'S BOOK of life.

There is a book of life
The book of life is the Lamb's book of life. They are one and the same. The names of Adam & Eve and all their descendants were all written in the book of life before the foundation of the world (Rev 17:8; Eph 1:4). While alive a person's name remain written in it because judgment to blot a name or not only comes when a person dies (Heb 9:27). While alive there's hope.

The Savior assures us that OVERCOMERS will NOT be blotted out from the book of life. We are enjoined to overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21).

In Christ,
Samie

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Book of Life contains the names of every person who was ever born according to Psalm 139:16: Your eyes did see mine unformed substance; And in your book they were all written, Even the days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was none of them.

Those who believe on the Messiah have their names retained in the Book of Life according to Revelation 3:5: He that overcomes shall thus be arrayed in white garments; and I will in no wise blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

However, in Psalm 69:28, the unsaved have their names blotted out of the Book of Life: Let them be blotted out of the book of life, And not be written with the righteous. So then, at the Great White Throne Judgment, if their names are not found in the Book of Life, it will show them to be unsaved and worthy of partaking in this particular judgment.

Another book mentioned in the Scriptures, which should be kept distinct, is the Lamb's Book of Life. This book contains the names of every individual who is born again, and only those who are born again. Their names were written into this book before the earth was ever created according to Revelation 13:8: And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, every one whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that has been slain.

It is mentioned again in Revelation 17:8b: And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, they whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast, how that he was, and is not, and shall come.

In Psalm 69:28, it is known as the Book of the Righteous: Let them be blotted out of the book of life, And not be written with the righteous. Based on God's election and foreknowledge, this book contains only the names of those who are born again. Because salvation is eternally sure, it is impossible to be blotted out of this particular book, the Lamb's Book of Life.

Ps82

The book of life is the Lamb's book of life. They are one and the same. The names of Adam & Eve and all their descendants were all written in the book of life before the foundation of the world (Rev 17:8; Eph 1:4). While alive a person's name remain written in it because judgment to blot a name or not only comes when a person dies (Heb 9:27). While alive there's hope.

The Savior assures us that OVERCOMERS will NOT be blotted out from the book of life. We are enjoined to overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21).

In Christ,
Samie

Hi Sammie,
Thanks for speaking to me. I think you and I actually agree on this topic - and I know I agree with your statement:

While alive a person's name remain written in it because judgment to blot a name or not only comes when a person dies (Heb 9:27). While alive there's hope.

My explanation is:
The names of all mankind from Adam and Woman forward to this day are in the Book of Life ... but unless they,as overcomers, are ultimately associated with LAMB'S Book of Life they are blotted out.

IOW, all people are in the Book of Life until Christ opens The Book and looks to see who remains and are now his. I sort of think of it this way ... The Lamb's Book of Life contains a subset from all humanity who became overcomers.

I believe that Rev 17:8 is talking about how people will be amazed when they find out whose names were not written in the Book of Life from the Foundation of our world. The first part of the verse is naming the rise of the beast that came from the bottomless pit... the beast who was, and is not, and yet is (to come again)

It is his name that was never found in the book of life of creatures of this world ... but people will be shocked because they chose to follow him as they might trust a prophet or a savior.

Ehpesians 1:4 does pertain to humanity and not to any supernatural creature from another realm like Satan or the beast - especially to those who are among humanity that are the chosen of Christ. We were chosen from the foundation of the world ... while some named among humanity are blotted out.

Ps82

Hello intojoy

I agree with your comments about the Book of Life and loved your take on Rev. 17:8b

It is mentioned again in Revelation 17:8b: And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, they whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast, how that he was, and is not, and shall come.

Those who are not in the LAMB's Book, but who were only found in the original Book of Life will be the one's who wondered at the beast who was, is not, and has come again.

I had interpreted it to be that they marveled at the one who had fooled them into thinking that he was like a prophet from God or perhaps even God.

He would be after the likeness of the wedding guest who tried to get into the wedding super of the lamb, but was thrown out because he was not wearing the proper garment from God.

He would be after the likeness of the King Tyrus, who rose to great honor and power among men by his own works and not by God's power - Who was figuratively a likeness of Satan - who is destined for the pit.
Ezekiel 28:8 KJV
They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas (IOW, dying like men in the seas of all humanity - IOW, he would meet the same fate as humans)

My interpretation of Ps82 added some insight for me.

God sits on a heavenly throne judging among the gods.
There is one standing before him that is speaking in his own defense. He begins by asking questions of God. These question are accusing God of being unfair in his judgements. Accusing God of being kinder to humanity than to himself. In fact, he accuses mankind of being the cause of all the problems in the world (Ps 82:5)

When this man being judged by God stops speaking, God tells him his decision regarding his fate:

Ps 82:6,7 KJV
I (God) have said, "ye are gods; and all of you (angelic beings and sons of humanity whom you are accusing of being the cause of all the problems in the world) are children of the most high.
BUT you shall die like men, and fall kike one of the princes.

IOW - I believe that it was Satan who was defending himself and God told him that in fairness he and mankind would meet the same fate.

Being that he and all lost humanity would face the second death of the pit and the Lake of Fire.

I guess this is why I interpret Rev 17 the way that I do. People, who were in the Book of Life but not in the Lamb's book of Life, will be astounded to find that he is not a man from God nor God ... nor was even in the Book of Life in the first place.

Hmm... I've never searched to see if the Book of Life might have contained angels as well as men ... could be that their names can be blotted out of that book as well. It has been said that mankind will judge the angels one day. I'll have to ponder these things when I have time from other things I'm seeking.

beloved57

I lay in Zion, the Church !

I lay in Zion, the Church !

That the Church, the Body of Christ is also Zion of the OT is seen when we compare Isa 28:16

16 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

And 1 Pet 2:4-7

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

1 Cor 3:11

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

For Jesus Christ is the foundation thereof, God's True People of Both Testaments are built upon the foundation of Christ, 1 Cor 3:11, who is the Head of His Body the Church,

Also cp Isa 28:16

16 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

With Rom 9:33

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Surely Isiah Believed in Him as He Prophesied of Him and of course Paul believed on Him !

Paul and Isiah shared the same like Precious Faith, Paul is a member of the Church, the Body of Christ ! Eph 4:10-12

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

beloved57

To whom are the sure mercies of David ?

To whom are the sure mercies of David ?

Isa 55:1-4

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

This verse is similar to Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Now the sure Mercies of David are given to the Church, the Body of Christ, and this is fulfilled in Christ's [ The Head of the Church His Body] resurrection from the dead Acts 13:32-34

32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

And remember, He was raised for our Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our[The Church] justification.

Yes, the same raised up again as in Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

And since the Church, the Body of Christ is comprised of Gentiles also, they too were to hear the same words that had been just preached to the jews on the next following Sabbath, proof of that seen here Acts 13:42-44

42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

So the words of Acts 13:32-34 are Preached to the Gentiles in the Providence of God !

beloved57

To whom are the sure mercies of David ?2

To whom are the sure mercies of David ?2

The Sure Mercies of David are grounded in the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant which was made with Christ before the foundation Isa 55:3

3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

The Same Everlasting Covenant here Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

And Christ confirmed that Covenant for the Many as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep, and the Sheep are the Church which He purchased with His Own Blood Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Its the fulfillment of Jer 23:4

And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

Now here in Acts 20:28 we see the Church, the Body of Christ referred to as a Flock of Sheep !

Now lets trace back from the Church which is called a Flock of Sheep in Acts 20:28, back to the Great Shepherd of the Sheep in Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Who shed His Blood of the Everlasting Covenant , The Great Shepherd of the Sheep did ; which the Sure Mercies of David are founded Upon Isa 55:3

You see the Sheep Flock of the Son of David [Jesus Christ] did not only have jewish Sheep in it but Gentile Sheep also, So the Shepherd declares Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Thats why Paul said the Gentiles shall hear the Word of Salvation sent unto them Acts 28:28

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Paul based that upon Jesus words in Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Status
Not open for further replies.