58 Dead, 500 Plus Wounded

quip

BANNED
Banned
constitutional right, as spelled out in the second amendment?

absolutely

So you think owning and using a fully operational and loaded tank is reasonable, safe..thus should be allowable per the 2nd as its "spelled out" or should there be restrictions?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Of course you're not... convenient selectivity's your go-to discussion tactic.

And evasion and subject changing, appeals to emotion and opinion are yours

That's why I more often ridicule you than engage you

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The murderer in this case was former military, and he used an AR-15.

Except No!

It was a pistol.
Just about to correct you. Right. It was a pistol with a large clip. The sort I oppose and there was a pretty good illustration as to why.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course you're not... convenient selectivity's your go-to discussion tactic.
It's obviously not reasonable to drive a tank to work. You threw reasonableness in with "rights" to obfuscate. We are not obliged to agree with you in totality when you begrudgingly get one thing right.

:mock: Quip.

quip

BANNED
Banned
It's obviously not reasonable to drive a tank to work. You threw reasonableness in with "rights" to obfuscate. We are not obliged to agree with you in totality when you begrudgingly get one thing right.

:mock: Quip.

I threw 'reasonableness' in to show (blatantly obvious) reasonable restrictions to the 2nd. Take it, leave it or troll. :idunno:

Where do you draw the "reasonable" line Stripe...at a tank, RPG, AR-15?

ok doser

It's obviously not reasonable to drive a tank to work.

I don't consider it reasonable to commute in one of these, but I knew guys who did:
biggest-street-legal-4x4-7.jpg

and while it wouldn't have been safe in the hands of my elderly mother, the guys i knew drove them safely

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't consider it reasonable to commute in one of these, but I knew guys who did:
biggest-street-legal-4x4-7.jpg

and while it wouldn't have been safe in the hands of my elderly mother, the guys i knew drove them safely
Yep.

Acting in an unreasonable manner can be perfectly fine.

Consider the fact that people play soccer.

ok doser

the guys I have in mind were ex military - the 10th mountain division is based here - most of them spent their time in the military driving rigs bigger than this, or working on them - some of them drove tanks. I got the impression that they just liked big rigs, building them, working on them, driving them

heck, I drove school bus one year and loved it - I hope one day to get me a used school bus to modify and have fun with.

is that reasonable?

probably not

ok doser

Depends.

And ultimately: Doesn't matter.

exactly - that's a personal opinion and i wasn't interested in going down that bunny trail with quip

as long as he doesn't break the law, another guy's "reasonableness" limit is none of my business