58 Dead, 500 Plus Wounded

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And honestly...it wouldn't make much difference against the professional military the US employs. So short of disbanding the professional military all together, I can't see allowing the accrual of weapons that - even when used properly - are bound to cause significant harm to those who are not the intended target.
Of course it would. The difference between subduing a populace that only has shotguns, a few rifles and maybe hand guns in the rare hiusehold compared with one that has semi-automatics in almost every home would be immense.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Of course it would. The difference between subduing a populace that only has shotguns, a few rifles and maybe hand guns in the rare household compared with one that has semi-automatics in almost every home would be immense.

witness the mandatory military service in Switzerland and the high rate of gun ownership

similarly in Israel

they each recognize the existence of threats, primarily external, and have a trained population ready to defend against those threats

Last edited:

ok doser

In America ,more people are killed by guns in one day than are killed by them in one year in Germany .

and guess what we have here in the US that they don't have in Germany?

myspacegangsters.jpg

Reeves-1215002.png

this, horn, is why our gun deaths statistics are so wildly skewed compared to other developed countries - a persistent problem with our inner city blacks that politics won't let us adequately address

you want to reduce gun deaths in the US?

take guns away from gang members

tell me why that wouldn't work

you can't, or you won't

instead, you have to pretend, like my idiot governor, that taking guns away from everybody, including the law-abiding, is a viable solution

as I've said elsewhere, this strategy plays in NYC, bastion of idiot liberals and the most powerful voting bloc in the state

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
they can ban all the AK-15's if they want to :idunno:
Every innocent murder victim should have had an assault weapon.

That's why the Second Amendment doesn't grant a right, but recognizes one that's already in our possession, as human being people. If a murderer tries to murder you, you should have an assault weapon. And murderers are real.

(This isn't aggression towards you, I know you know that we possess the right to defend ourselves and our families with the best weaponry that capitalism can provide; I just want to get this out there.)

ok doser

When I wrote that, I was sure horn had mis-typed - that he meant AR-15. Still sure that's what happened.

As it turns out, there is an AK-15, a variant of the AK-12, used by the Russian army for the past couple years

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
When I wrote that, I was sure horn had mis-typed - that he meant AR-15. Still sure that's what happened.
That's because that is what happened.
As it turns out, there is an AK-15, a variant of the AK-12, used by the Russian army for the past couple years
I'm unfamiliar with both of those. I don't like the specs on AKs, but I should learn to shoot them. You never know what kind of gun you'll wind up with, in a case where guns are in play. 'Pays to know how to use many of them through practice.