ECT 5 of the more obvious passages about losing salvation

ZacharyB

It takes work to read what is written
I truly believe the main reason I have been given some deep spiritual insights
is because I have spent years honoring ...
Matthew 7:
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;
knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds,
and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread,
will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things
to those who ask Him!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I truly believe the main reason I have been given some deep spiritual insights
is because I have spent years honoring ...
Matthew 7:
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;
knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds,
and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread,
will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things
to those who ask Him!

Those verses were written to the House of Israel.

SaulToPaul 2

You will get no direct and honest answer to this. Just a wall of text from the Law followed by a condescending, passve-aggressive insult.

Yep. You are correct.

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
The Bible teaches one must overcome AFTER believing.

The Bible says a lot of things to a lot of people. LA will not answer if "The Bible teaches" that we can eat pork.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If there's an obvious fact from Scripture, this is it.

However, Jesus is the only one who kept repeating it over and over!
Shame, 'cause there's a lot of Pauline and Peterine lovers.

And, there's some very ignorant posters as well. I think I heard
the guy that created this post is in that position.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps.

My point, however: "The Bible" teaches different things on the subject.

It was in response to LA's statement: "The Bible teaches...."

that one must overcome AFTER first believing.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

SaulToPaul 2

that one must overcome AFTER first believing.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

My point, however: "The Bible" teaches different things on the subject.

andyc

The usual con trick of the hyper holiness brigade..."trying" to be obedient, "trying" not to sin.

Trying and failing

They are flogging us because of their own failures to get victory over sin.

How do I KNOW they are caught in some serious backsliding?

Because they are following the wrong path, the path they are on does not lead to victory any more than the road to London leads to Timbuctu. They are BOUND to fail.

The road to victory is to know that Christ has won it for us...all we have to do is learn to walk in it

Yeah its true.
Although we disagree about OSAS, I agree that without the assurance of eternal security, faith will fluctuate based on performance. And that is certainly a slippery slope to shipwreck.

Paul makes it very clear in Romans 5, that there is nothing we did that makes us sinners, we were born sinners in Adam. Likewise there is nothing we did to make us righteous, we are spiritually born righteous in Christ. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord SHALL NOT impute sin.
Although there are negatives when we sin, loss of salvation is not one of them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yeah its true.
Although we disagree about OSAS, I agree that without the assurance of eternal security, faith will fluctuate based on performance. And that is certainly a slippery slope to shipwreck.

Paul makes it very clear in Romans 5, that there is nothing we did that makes us sinners, we were born sinners in Adam. Likewise there is nothing we did to make us righteous, we are spiritually born righteous in Christ. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord SHALL NOT impute sin.
Although there are negatives when we sin, loss of salvation is not one of them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The "True Believer" is positioned into the Body of Christ. He/she cannot
lose that position. They are "In Christ and Christ is in them. Not to mention,
they have the righteousness of Christ.