ECT 5 of the more obvious passages about losing salvation

ZacharyB

Revelation 3:5 King James Version (KJV)

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Yes, finally a clear warning of losing salvation.
Jesus taught Paul to treat the churches very delicately
to not discourage the troops, and He actually does it Himself!

Note: the strong warnings in the 4 gospels are not specifically to the churches.
They're to everyone in general ...
so those deceived can insist these threats are to the unsaved.

Amongst all of His words to the 7 churches in Rev 2-3,
here He slips in the Truth of the matter.

Problem is, most don't have a revelation of what "overcoming" means.

ZacharyB

Why do you think those that have not yet overcome were already saved?
Finally, a civil word out of you.

Jesus said to overcome as He overcame (Rev 3:21).
We need to overcome sin, the devil, and the world.
If we are successful, we will have been sanctified unto holiness,
and Jesus is coming back for a holy church.

He surely is not coming for a sinning church.
And this is all I have been trying to get across.

Habitual unrepented-of sinning is simply trampling God's grace,
no ... rejecting it ...
hence, the falling from grace, the falling away from the faith.

SaulToPaul 2

no ... rejecting it ...

It makes sense that these would be saved after they overcome.

Right?

ZacharyB

Right?
Of course, Right.
But, this overcoming is no piece of cake!
Jesus said (7 times) overcoming is what it's all about.
Some believers will, and some won't.
We need to understand just what this overcoming is all about.

But, all believers have the precious Holy Spirit
working to see that all believers become overcomers.
Then people say that God can never fail.
But, He can ... because of man's free will.

Believers need to love the Father and Jesus
enough to obey them (Jesus said so).
However, the greasy grace crowd insist
that they do NOT have to do anything!
Spiritual (not intellectual) idiots and morons.

oatmeal

Anyone who takes the mark of the beast will be thrown into the lake of fire
Revelation 14:9-11 … “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark
on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God,
which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented
with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night,
who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven
Mark 3:28-29 … “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men,
and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit
never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”

The parallel passage is Matthew 12:31-32.
IMO, this blasphemy refers to saying a miracle was not performed by the Holy Spirit, but by a demon.

Anyone who refuses to forgive someone their trespasses will not be forgiven
Matthew 6:14-15 … “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

If Father God does NOT forgive you of your trespasses, do you think He will accept you into heaven?

Anyone who practices habitual unrepented-of sin will gain eternal death
Romans 6:16-19 … "Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death,
or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness? ... so now present your members as
slaves of righteousness for holiness."

“You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal).” (6:16, The Living Bible)
“so now you must let yourself be slaves to all that is right and holy.” (6:19, The Living Bible)

Anyone who practices habitual unrepented-of sin will gain eternal death
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 … “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the
kingdom of God (i.e. heaven)? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters,
nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God (i.e. heaven).”

Other very similar sin-list passages are: Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:5-6, Colossians 3:5-6.
Combine Mark 9:47 and Matthew 25:45-46, and you will see that …
• Sin causes one to be unrighteous, and the unrighteous are cast into hell.
• Entering/inheriting the kingdom of God is the same as gaining eternal life.

IMO, these warning passages simply confirm what Jesus warned about
“He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life
in this world will keep it for eternal life.” (John 12:25).

Parallel passages are: Matt 16:25-26, Mark 8:35-37.
IMO, those who hate their lives … also hate their sins and do their best to be obedient
and to not sin! These are the true believers who are co-operating with God the Holy Spirit
(and who will be overcomers) as they are being progressively sanctified … after having
first been sanctified (set apart) positionally to hopefully partake of the Divine nature.
Yes, man’s free-will is involved … man’s co-operation is necessary (which is not works).

Perhaps you could point out where your first passage speaks of losing salvation, or for that matter, of salvation whatsoever?

Regarding your second passage, Perhaps you could point out where this passage speaks of losing salvation, or for that matter, of salvation whatsoever?

Regarding your third passage, Perhaps you could point out where this passage speaks of losing salvation, or for that matter, of salvation whatsoever?

Regarding the fourth passage, Perhaps you could point out where this passage speaks of losing salvation, or for that matter, of salvation whatsoever?

Regarding the last passage, Perhaps you could point out where this passage speaks of losing salvation, or for that matter, of salvation whatsoever?

Regarding your conclusion and the passage within it, Perhaps you could point out where this passage speaks of losing salvation, or for that matter, of salvation whatsoever?

ZacharyB

Perhaps you could point out where your first passage speaks of losing salvation, or for that matter, of salvation whatsoever?
I suggest that you ask the Lord to reveal the Truth to you.
All I do is quote the Scriptures, which are the Truth.
But, people hate the Truth when it disagrees with the doctrines of men.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

no ... rejecting it ...

Problem is you can't be taught, you think what you typed there is just fine and true. You are way off base.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Right?

The Bible teaches one must overcome AFTER believing.

It was to called believers that Christ advised they should overcome.

who else would be in the churches?

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

LA

ZacharyB

The Bible teaches one must overcome AFTER believing.
It was to called believers that Christ advised they should overcome.
who else would be in the churches?

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,
but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
For deceived believers, Jesus is talking to everyone but them!

A minor spiritual revelation just for you ...

The LAST CHURCH that Jesus warned was the Laodicean church (Rev 3).
This church would be IN POWER, IN FAVOR, etc.
in these LAST DAYS.
Jesus warned them that they better get some white clothes to wear,
and we know what that means, don't we![/B]

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Without faith it is impossible to please God. Is the faith in our overcoming? No. Abraham believed against hope that he and his wife a hundred years old would have a son. I believed against hope that a sinful man as I was could be forgiven. Jesus said even the faith of a mustard seed... Faith in what? Our overcoming? No.

My salvation is because God's wrath on me was purchased by the suffering penal death of God the Son. My faith is in His value as a once for all sacrifice for sin. He does not need to be re crucified afresh because by one offering I am perfected forever praise Him.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The usual con trick of the hyper holiness brigade..."trying" to be obedient, "trying" not to sin.

Trying and failing

They are flogging us because of their own failures to get victory over sin.

How do I KNOW they are caught in some serious backsliding?

Because they are following the wrong path, the path they are on does not lead to victory any more than the road to London leads to Timbuctu. They are BOUND to fail.

The road to victory is to know that Christ has won it for us...all we have to do is learn to walk in it

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
To receive eternal life, is not that you are made eternal.

You will have to wait faithfully until the resurrection for you to be made immortal.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

To be eternal, you would have had no beginning.

Even Jesus had a beginning--

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

LA

Without faith it is impossible to please God. Is the faith in our overcoming? No. Abraham believed against hope that he and his wife a hundred years old would have a son. I believed against hope that a sinful man as I was could be forgiven. Jesus said even the faith of a mustard seed... Faith in what? Our overcoming? No.

My salvation is because God's wrath on me was purchased by the suffering penal death of God the Son. My faith is in His value as a once for all sacrifice for sin. He does not need to be re crucified afresh because by one offering I am perfected forever praise Him.

Into jerbils the great :)

glorydaz

The usual con trick of the hyper holiness brigade..."trying" to be obedient, "trying" not to sin.

Trying and failing

Because they are following the wrong path, the path they are on does not lead to victory any more than the road to London leads to Timbuctu. They are BOUND to fail.

The road to victory is to know that Christ has won it for us...all we have to do is learn to walk in it

:e4e:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Trying and failing

We are simply telling you that the warnings of the Bible are there for the sake of the believers, for if they commit the things which God hates and do not repent then they disqualify themselves, firstly from the first resurrection, and in some instances from surviving the last judgement.

It would be better for everyone and a pleasing service to God, to agree with what God has said, rather than give excuse to people who sin and claim that they can never be lost by continuing in their sin.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We are simply telling you that the warnings of the Bible are there for the sake of the believers, for if they commit the things which God hates and do not repent then they disqualify themselves, firstly from the first resurrection, and in some instances from surviving the last judgement.

It would be better for everyone and a pleasing service to God, to agree with what God has said, rather than give excuse to people who sin and claim that they can never be lost by continuing in their sin.

LA

You haven't the "foggiest" idea what you're talking about?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For deceived believers, Jesus is talking to everyone but them!

A minor spiritual revelation just for you ...

The LAST CHURCH that Jesus warned was the Laodicean church (Rev 3).
This church would be IN POWER, IN FAVOR, etc.
in these LAST DAYS.
Jesus warned them that they better get some white clothes to wear,
and we know what that means, don't we![/B]

Yes, They are pre-trib rapture dispies all over the TV asking for money.

I wonder where the money goes?

LA