ECT 5 of the more obvious passages about losing salvation

Right Divider

Body part
Sorry, there are a lot of commandments, instructions, warnings, etc. ... they're all in the NT.
These are all Old Covenant:
Matthew 1:1 - 27:49 (at a minimum)
Mark 1:1 - 15:36 (at a minimum)
Luke 1:1 - 23:46 (at a minimum)
John 1:1 - 19:30 (at a minimum)
You will find no place, during His time on earth, where Jesus tells the twelve that they are in the New Covenant.
The New Covenant is yet future when Jesus Christ returns to redeem Israel, just like Peter said in Acts 3.
Act 3:18-21 KJV But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. (19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

ZacharyB

You will find no place, during His time on earth, where Jesus tells the twelve that they are in the New Covenant.
The New Covenant is yet future when Jesus Christ returns to redeem Israel, just like Peter said in Acts 3
Oh, man you are a total basket case ... I don't know where to start, or where to end.
Start here ...
No one was in the new covenant because the Holy Spirit was not yet given.
The new covenant was better because of the new nature, the indwelling Holy Spirit, etc.

Right Divider

Body part
Oh, man you are a total basket case ... I don't know where to start, or where to end.
Start here ...
No one was in the new covenant because the Holy Spirit was not yet given.
The new covenant was better because of the new nature, the indwelling Holy Spirit, etc.
You are such a Romans 10:2 kind of guy. Zealous without knowledge.

The New Covenant is a replacement for the Old Covenant and they are BOTH between God and Israel:
Heb 8:7-13 KJV For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (13) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
And this is where that quote comes from:
Jer 31:31-34 KJV Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.​

ZacharyB

The New Covenant is a replacement for the Old Covenant
and they are BOTH between God and Israel
Gee tanks, I guess that's why Jesus sent Paul (really only) to da Gentiles.

"Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
(slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?
... so now present your members as slaves of
righteousness for holiness." (Romans 6:16-19)

Right Divider

Body part

Why do you completely ignore the clear scriptures that I just gave to you?

Because you think you know too much. Your pride is a sin.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These are all Old Covenant:
Matthew 1:1 - 27:49 (at a minimum)
Mark 1:1 - 15:36 (at a minimum)
Luke 1:1 - 23:46 (at a minimum)
John 1:1 - 19:30 (at a minimum)
The New Covenant is yet future when Jesus Christ returns to redeem Israel, just like Peter said in Acts 3.
Act 3:18-21 KJV But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. (19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Your list is getting larger. You have chosen well my friend.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Nope! ... You misunderstand Paul, as do most here!

sin no longer has to have dominion over you
or, if you wish ...
If you do your part, sin shall no longer have dominion over you

Paul explains that the new nature makes it POSSIBLE to be victorious over sin.
Not only that, but the indwelling Holy Spirit doesn't do any harm either!
Dis being victorious over sin is called overcoming!
And not allowing Satan to triumph over you doesn't do much harm either.

The new nature, the indwelling Holy Spirit, etc.
is all part of the grace that you're all hung up about.

God's grace = the possibility of overcoming.

Jesus did not keep saying "Overcome!" because it's a done deal through grace!

We must co-operate with God ... and do our part ... and overcome!

Away with your corruptions of scripture....a THOUSAND yuks.

You make a fairy tale out of the bible

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Away with your corruptions of scripture....a THOUSAND yuks.

You make a fairy tale out of the bible

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

LA

glorydaz

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

LA

Works? Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us. Would you like to quote from the law concerning bringing goats to the altar, too?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Works? Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us. Would you like to quote from the law concerning bringing goats to the altar, too?

1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

We are still waiting:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4495399#post4495399

"da" ? Is it possible for you to write less flippantly or is this a jejune vehicle of yours to appear clever?

AMR

glorydaz

1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Yes, I know how you like to jump around on your pogo stick....let me help you narrow it down.

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, I know how you like to jump around on your pogo stick....let me help you narrow it down.

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

These began in belief but departed from belief---

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Same--

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These began in belief but departed from belief---

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

LA

All these verses were pertaining to the House of Israel, not the Body of Christ. One of your
numerous problems is, you don't know how to "rightly divide" the Bible.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You do realize that, you're a bit of a smart aleck right?

rougueone

Those scriptures were to Israel only. Context is everything, you need to learn how to rightly divide God's Word.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV -

better luck next time: EOT

I[SIZE="4"[FONT="Georgia"]]s it about "luck" Patrick? My understanding of Scripture, is that our life is ordained-already planned, by God. Not luck.

And can you offer Scripture to validate your very serious declaration of " Those scriptures were to Israel only."? Thank You brother.

Patrick, I will zero in on Revelation 14:9-11 . Is it your understanding this very severe warning is for Israel exclusively ?

I want to ask that you consider the following Words ( and vision ) given to the Apostle John:

Revelation 13:16 - And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
This apply s to every human capable of making a decision when this critical time arrives. It is not exclusive to the Jews or those in Israel. AS this Mark-number, is global.

Here is the absolute proof, this is for every human being:

Revelation 13:7 - And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Patrick perhaps you simply missed the intent of the original OP. I hope this helps clarify that the global system of governing,
( the U.N. ?) , incorporates a number that identify s all humans. And less one has this number, your broke financially. This will occur to Gods people.

Unless as some believe a " rapture" occurs. Which is possible. But it is better to prepare our lives and hearts for the worse. Just in case it does not happen.

And this " Mark-number, may be a chip under the skin, a smart card, a phone app, as is being used in India. Called the Adahar project. One is first identifyed by a Government approved set of rules, then all ten finger and entire hand prints, and your Iris' are scanned, and permanently stored into the Government data base. Using your Government approved phone, you log in ( using a finger and or Iris scan, to your phone, and then conduct business. So far about 1 BILLION people have this in India.

My objective is simply to use these examples as possibilities . But guaranteed brother, it is a mark-number that one will choose to get, ( choose-not forced, see below ) , and without it no human can buy an apple or sell one. Hey no doubt for awhile, an under ground economy will root. But it will not last as Gods words will take place.

" Chooses due to a cause" : Revelation 13:16 - And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

The [B]cause[/B], my family, home, children, no food, ET. And many in the church will justify and convince others to submit to the Government. Not God.

Blessings Patrick.

I don't know why my font gets bold and small and large. I have to figure this out.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:

rougueone

I[SIZE="4"[FONT="Georgia"]]s it about "luck" Patrick? My understanding of Scripture, is that our life is ordained-already planned, by God. Not luck.

And can you offer Scripture to validate your very serious declaration of " Those scriptures were to Israel only."? Thank You brother.

Patrick, I will zero in on Revelation 14:9-11 . Is it your understanding this very severe warning is for Israel exclusively ?

I want to ask that you consider the following Words ( and vision ) given to the Apostle John:

Revelation 13:16 - And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
This apply s to every human capable of making a decision when this critical time arrives. It is not exclusive to the Jews or those in Israel. AS this Mark-number, is global.

Here is the absolute proof, this is for every human being:

Revelation 13:7 - And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Patrick perhaps you simply missed the intent of the original OP. I hope this helps clarify that the global system of governing,
( the U.N. ?) , incorporates a number that identify s all humans. And less one has this number, your broke financially. This will occur to Gods people.

Unless as some believe a " rapture" occurs. Which is possible. But it is better to prepare our lives and hearts for the worse. Just in case it does not happen.

And this " Mark-number, may be a chip under the skin, a smart card, a phone app, as is being used in India. Called the Adahar project. One is first identifyed by a Government approved set of rules, then all ten finger and entire hand prints, and your Iris' are scanned, and permanently stored into the Government data base. Using your Government approved phone, you log in ( using a finger and or Iris scan, to your phone, and then conduct business. So far about 1 BILLION people have this in India.

My objective is simply to use these examples as possibilities . But guaranteed brother, it is a mark-number that one will choose to get, ( choose-not forced, see below ) , and without it no human can buy an apple or sell one. Hey no doubt for awhile, an under ground economy will root. But it will not last as Gods words will take place.

" Chooses due to a cause" : Revelation 13:16 - And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

The [B]cause[/B], my family, home, children, no food, ET. And many in the church will justify and convince others to submit to the Government. Not God.

Blessings Patrick.

I don't know why my font gets bold and small and large. I have to figure this out.