How to Receive Christ as Your Savior and be Born Again

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Please don't pull my statements out of context. It is not fair to do that.

God has a free will, but only within his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature.

My question was in the context of free will.

If God has free will, and we are in his image, how is it we don't have free will?

Robert Pate

Banned
My question was in the context of free will.

If God has free will, and we are in his image, how is it we don't have free will?

Everyone has a free will. It is stupid to teach that they don't.

There are 2 million men in prison because they made the wrong choices by their own free will.

Robert Pate

Banned
OK, in post 64 someone said, "There is only one Gospel and it is not free will."

Free will is not the Gospel. The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Free will is not the Gospel. The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Did Jesus do what he did of his own free will and violation?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course. However, all that Jesus did he did it to please the Father.

He was fulfilling all of the righteous demands of God's holy law, for us.

Love of neighbor fulfills the law. Why do you believe Jesus loved in our stead?

You seem to believe since Jesus loved others you don't have to. He did for you.

Nanja

According to the scriptures, we must qualify the word "US" to mean only Christ's Sheep for whom He was their Surety and gave His Life for John 10:11 15; Heb. 7:22; Is. 42:6; Is. 53:6 in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 13:20.

Robert Pate

Banned
According to the scriptures, we must qualify the word "US" to mean only Christ's Sheep for whom He was their Surety and gave His Life for John 10:11 15; Heb. 7:22; Is. 42:6; Is. 53:6 in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace Heb. 13:20.

Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, but not everyone wants it. Not even you.

marhig

A gift would be something you give to someone out of kindness, and expect nothing in return. Not only does god expect you to worship him(Luke 4:8), but he threatens if you do not, you be eternally tortured (Revelation 21:8). That is not a gift.That is an imposition. Don't you think god could come up with a better plan to forgive the sin he created (Colossians 1:16, Genesis 1:1) than to sacrifice himself (John 10:30-33) to himself (John 3:16,)?
(I'm new so I don't know how to hyper link these verses, sorry.)
God didn't sacrifice himself, Jesus isn't God. And Jesus came as a living sacrifice, he gave his whole life to do the will of God and came to bare witness to the truth, to show us a new and living way to follow he is our perfect example. He is the way, the truth and the life.

marhig

Well regardless of if you convince yourself it's free or not, it still isn't free. I can convince myself that I didn't pay for my car, but in reality I did.
But still, if you have to say "all you have to do is (insert anything here)" then it is not free. Again, if you have to do ANYTHING for salvation, it isn't free.
Where does it say in the Bible that it's a free gift? I've only ever read gift of God.

balut55

Most people don't see the spiritual warfare battle in the world. I have personal experience with it. My daughter use to go to beauty pageants. I found out that she had to go to a Scientology meeting before one of the pageants. That's haw Satan works.

Miley Cyrus was the wholesome Disney girl. Same girls grew up with her watching Disney are still watching her every move and emulating her. Open your eyes. We are surrounded by Satan's works.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beloved57

Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, but not everyone wants it. Not even you.

False teaching. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His death while enemies and then saved by His Life Rom 5:10

[FONT=&quot]For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.[/FONT]

beloved57

You teach that sinners Christ obeyed the Law for still wind up cursed by the law and cast into the lake of fire !Matt25:41

beloved57

Love of neighbor fulfills the law. Why do you believe Jesus loved in our stead?

You seem to believe since Jesus loved others you don't have to. He did for you.

Pate and i dont believe in the same Christ nor God, but the Jesus Christ I serve did keep the Law for His People, He fulfilled its every demand to God and Our Neighbor. So every one He Lived and died for does through Him Love God with all their heart mind soul and stength and their neighbor as themselves, as much as Christ did in their stead, so they are Justified before God, scripture says Rom 2:13

3 [FONT=&quot](For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.[/FONT]
All for whom Christ represented are doers of the Law !And whats the promise here to them?

balut55

You know what amazes me about Christians arguing? It is so simple. If you die for Jesus by not denying him you become a Saint. We all have a chance to prove our faith in these times. If you still have your head and go into the NWO you are done. There will be gnashing of teeth.

beloved57

You know what amazes me about Christians arguing? It is so simple. If you die for Jesus by not denying him you become a Saint. We all have a chance to prove our faith in these times. If you still have your head and go into the NWO you are done. There will be gnashing of teeth.

What Jesus do you believe in ? Exactly who is He, what did He do, for whom did He do it, and what are the results ?

balut55

I dont have to answer or prove anything to you. But he paid my ransom. I was taken hostage by Satan for my sin. Jesus released me from that bondage. There is only one way to the father and that's through the son. Ok brother? Very few will make it.