How to Receive Christ as Your Savior and be Born Again

Robert Pate

Banned
There are many unsaved people on TOL that have never received Christ as their savior.

"He came unto his own (the Jewish people) and his own did not receive him. But as many as did receive him to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" John 1:11-13.

Becoming a Christian is a very simple thing to do. Even little children can become Christians.

The first step is to acknowledged that you have sinned against God. If you have ever told a lie or if you have ever taken something that was not yours, then you have sinned against God. The Bible says that "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23. The wages of sin brings spiritual death, which means eternal separation from God for all of eternity in hell. But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Having established that you have sinned against God and that you are a sinner, you now qualify to be saved. Jesus said, "For I have not come to call the righteous (the saved) BUT SINNERS to repentance" If you don't think that you are a sinner, then you don't qualify. The next step is to believe that Jesus has the power to save you from your sins. If you don't believe that Jesus can save you from your sins, then you will never be saved. This is where your faith comes in. Jesus claims to be the savior of the world. Jesus said, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47. By the doing and the dying of Jesus salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This is God's great free gift for all who believe.

All that God is asking you to do is to believe on his Son Jesus Christ. When you do that, God will give you his Holy Spirit and you will become born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. Salvation is always followed by repentance. If you have really trusted in Christ, you will turn away from your sins and turn to Christ. The Holy Spirit will help you to do that. Now that you are saved, God wants you to tell others about his Son Jesus Christ so that they can be saved and have eternal life.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel calls for a response. How can one hear that Christ died on the cross for their sins and not respond with a heart full of love and thanks giving, Yet, many hear and do not respond. No response is a response. It is a very serious thing to turn your back on the cross of Christ and act like it never happened. God is a God of vengeance when it comes to his Son Jesus Christ. Woe unto you that reject God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for you by Jesus Christ. It might be better that you were never born.

Atheist19

A gift would be something you give to someone out of kindness, and expect nothing in return. Not only does god expect you to worship him, but he threatens if you do not, you be eternally tortured. That is not a gift.That is an imposition. Don't you think god could come up with a better plan to forgive the sin he created than to sacrifice himself to himself?

beloved57

There are many unsaved people on TOL that have never received Christ as their savior.

"He came unto his own (the Jewish people) and his own did not receive him. But as many as did receive him to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" John 1:11-13.

Becoming a Christian is a very simple thing to do. Even little children can become Christians.

The first step is to acknowledged that you have sinned against God. If you have ever told a lie or if you have ever taken something that was not yours, then you have sinned against God. The Bible says that "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23. The wages of sin brings spiritual death, which means eternal separation from God for all of eternity in hell. But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Having established that you have sinned against God and that you are a sinner, you now qualify to be saved. Jesus said, "For I have not come to call the righteous (the saved) BUT SINNERS to repentance" If you don't think that you are a sinner, then you don't qualify. The next step is to believe that Jesus has the power to save you from your sins. If you don't believe that Jesus can save you from your sins, then you will never be saved. This is where your faith comes in. Jesus claims to be the savior of the world. Jesus said, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world" John 12:47. By the doing and the dying of Jesus salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This is God's great free gift for all who believe.

All that God is asking you to do is to believe on his Son Jesus Christ. When you do that, God will give you his Holy Spirit and you will become born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. Salvation is always followed by repentance. If you have really trusted in Christ, you will turn away from your sins and turn to Christ. The Holy Spirit will help you to do that. Now that you are saved, God wants you to tell others about his Son Jesus Christ so that they can be saved and have eternal life.

False Teaching !

beloved57

The Gospel calls for a response. How can one hear that Christ died on the cross for their sins and not respond with a heart full of love and thanks giving, Yet, many hear and do not respond. No response is a response. It is a very serious thing to turn your back on the cross of Christ and act like it never happened. God is a God of vengeance when it comes to his Son Jesus Christ. Woe unto you that reject God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for you by Jesus Christ. It might be better that you were never born.

False Teaching . Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, made Right with God, even while they are enemies Rom 5:10 !

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
A gift would be something you give to someone out of kindness, and expect nothing in return.

Yours is the attitude of the greasy gracer (the false convert [Jud 4]).
elvis.gif
When one is saved, his life is transformed (Ro 12:2). :turbo: If that has not happened, :listen: you're not God's child (Ro 8:14).

Related:

Lordship

Not only does god expect you to worship him, but he threatens if you do not, you be eternally tortured.
It is a gift (Jn 3:16). You're not interested in accepting it because you're evil (Jn 3:19). :burnlib:

Last edited:

Atheist19

What happens if you decline? Eternal torture and damnation, that is not a a gift.
"Impose - force (something unwelcome or unfamiliar) to be accepted or put in place" - google
I am not accepting because I think it's all made up. It seems to me these stories have all the signs of being man made, and there is not a shred of evidence to back up it's claims. Would you agree with that or no?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A gift would be something you give to someone out of kindness, and expect nothing in return. Not only does god expect you to worship him, but he threatens if you do not, you be eternally tortured. That is not a gift.That is an imposition. Don't you think god could come up with a better plan to forgive the sin he created than to sacrifice himself to himself?

Not scriptural. :spam:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What happens if you decline? Eternal torture and damnation, that is not a a gift.
"Impose - force (something unwelcome or unfamiliar) to be accepted or put in place" - google
I am not accepting because I think it's all made up. It seems to me these stories have all the signs of being man made, and there is not a shred of evidence to back up it's claims. Would you agree with that or no?

Not scriptural. Just more :spam:

Atheist19

A gift would be something you give to someone out of kindness, and expect nothing in return. Not only does god expect you to worship him(Luke 4:8), but he threatens if you do not, you be eternally tortured (Revelation 21:8). That is not a gift.That is an imposition. Don't you think god could come up with a better plan to forgive the sin he created (Colossians 1:16, Genesis 1:1) than to sacrifice himself (John 10:30-33) to himself (John 3:16,)?
(I'm new so I don't know how to hyper link these verses, sorry.)

Atheist19

What happens if you decline? Eternal torture and damnation (Revelation 21:8), that is not a a gift.

Epoisses

False Teaching . Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, made Right with God, even while they are enemies Rom 5:10 !

Christ is the savior of the world not he world of the elect!!! Clavinists will write 10 pages of treatise to get around 1John 2:2 when the meaning couldn't be any clearer even to the babe in Christ. Jesus had a saying for hypocrisy like this - let your yea be yea and your nay, nay: everything else cometh from the evil one. It is very hard to reconcile an atonement that is finished and complete for the whole world with an election according to grace but the sacrifice of Christ was exceedingly abundant above all that we could ask or think and is the true expression of self-sacrificing love. He died for the sheep and the goats. He died for the elect and the non-elect. He died for the reprobates to the Clavinist's dismay!

beloved57

Christ is the savior of the world not he world of the elect!!! Clavinists will write 10 pages of treatise to get around 1John 2:2 when the meaning couldn't be any clearer even to the babe in Christ. Jesus had a saying for hypocrisy like this - let your yea be yea and your nay, nay: everything else cometh from the evil one. It is very hard to reconcile an atonement that is finished and complete for the whole world with an election according to grace but the sacrifice of Christ was exceedingly abundant above all that we could ask or think and is the true expression of self-sacrificing love. He died for the sheep and the goats. He died for the elect and the non-elect. He died for the reprobates to the Clavinist's dismay!
False teaching.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Epoisses

What happens if you decline? Eternal torture and damnation (Revelation 21:8), that is not a a gift.

If you decline the offer of free Salvation by the grace of Jesus Christ you go to hell. Those are the rules whether you like it or not - atheist!