Hosts of "Fixer upper" HGTV show under Attack for Attending Bible Believing Church

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Dont you remember the "gay" outcry over Phil Robertson of "Duck Dynasty" having been interviewed in "GQ" magazine when he expressed his views on gay marriage?

Even Cracker Barrel pulled their merchandise, but quickly (in one day) reversed course when christians contacted them reminding them of who eats and shops there ...

Liberals are now totalitarians
The interesting thing is that what Phil said wasn't actually homophobic in any way. He only said that he didn't understand the way homosexual men thought because he was a straight man whose interest was in women.

No one has ever changed their Ways because they were told what they were doing was wrong. This doesn't work.
That's a lie.

Being gay doesn't prevent you from going into heaven. Being heterosexual doesn't mean your going to heaven. Getting into heaven Has more to do than what your sexual orientation is.
According to 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God and those who are in Christ are no longer the sinners they once were [there are no homosexuals in Christ].

I'm fairly certain those two are the exact same thing. If not, feel free to explain the difference
That's not what she said was different.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
In other words, liberals claim he is, and you have no evidence of such. Please make your own thread if you wish to keep discussing things that have nothing to do with this one, thanks.

Take some time and use the magic of the internets and listen to this guy. If, after that you do not agree he is a white supremacist you need your meds adjusted.

musterion

If someone who identifies as a homosexual can lose his or her job in a religious environment because his or her ideology goes against the beliefs of the respective church, why should the Gaines be able to keep their jobs if it goes against the beliefs of the owners of HGTV and I would imagine a good portion of it's viewers?

Wow. Not even hiding it anymore.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

If someone who identifies as a homosexual can lose his or her job in a religious environment because his or her ideology goes against the beliefs of the respective church, why should the Gaines be able to keep their jobs if it goes against the beliefs of the owners of HGTV and I would imagine a good portion of it's viewers?

Wow. Not even hiding it anymore.

What are you complaining about Wiz, this is what you Libertarians want. Religious liberty flew out the proverbial window when homosexuality was made legal and the 'gay' agenda became the law of the land (ENDA...aCW winks at A4T, hate crime legislation, etc.). Your President Elect isn't going to do anything about it. Surely you wouldn't want society to look at sexual deviants as second class citizens would you?

Daniel1769

People whining about these people getting fired are as whiny as the people that whined to get them fired. There seems to always been someone whining for someone else to be fired over something they've said, then they get sad when it happens to their own side. Everyone needs to quit crying about everything. Problem solved.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
People whining about these people getting fired are as whiny as the people that whined to get them fired. There seems to always been someone whining for someone else to be fired over something they've said, then they get sad when it happens to their own side. Everyone needs to quit crying about everything. Problem solved.

Contrary to what you and your fellow Libertarian musterion believe, not all beliefs and behaviors are equal.

Our once great nation was founded upon the principle of religious freedom. The Founding Fathers would be turning over in their graves if they knew that sodomites are running this country.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

What are you complaining about Wiz, this is what you Libertarians want. Religious liberty flew out the proverbial window when homosexuality was made legal and the 'gay' agenda became the law of the land (ENDA...aCW winks at A4T, hate crime legislation, etc.). Your President Elect isn't going to do anything about it. Surely you wouldn't want society to look at sexual deviants as second class citizens would you?

Why are you winking at me, aren't you married? It cant be because you think im libertarian, or for hate crime legislation, and you were already told i never supported Trump for president nor did i vote for him as you know, since you called me down for knocking him when YOU early on supported him.

Hes your president elect as much as he is mine also, because he was elected, so according to what Im suppose to do before God, as you are, I will pray for my leaders as you should.

Why are you calling musterion, Wiz? Do you think hes Wizard of Oz who used to post here, if so, why do you think that?

Daniel1769

Contrary to what you and your fellow Libertarian musterion believe, not all beliefs and behaviors are equal.

Our once great nation was founded upon the principle of religious freedom. The Founding Fathers would be turning over in their graves if they knew that sodomites are running this country.

But it's the law.Bow before government for it hath decreed homosexual marriage as lawful. what are you? An anarchist that doesn't believe in laws? Anarchist! Respect the government! It's ordained! Respect it, anarchist! What would life be without government! YOu just hate laws and God, you anarchist!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Except you clearly didnt read the op, they (Chip and Joana) didnt "say" anything, the reporters are whining that they (The Gaines) attend a bible based church that believes that homosexuality is wrong and gay marriage is wrong.

Daniel1769

Why are you winking at me, aren't you married? It cant be because you think im libertarian, or for hate crime legislation, and you were already told i never supported Trump for president nor did i vote for him as you know, since you called me down for knocking him when YOU early on supported him.

Hes your president elect as much as he is mine also, because he was elected, so according to what Im suppose to do before God, as you are, I will pray for my leaders as you should.

Why are you calling musterion, Wiz? Do you think hes Wizard of Oz who used to post here, if so, why do you think that?

Only this weirdo ACW would accuse you of both being a libertarian AND supporting hate crime laws. He apparently doesn't understand that words have meanings and can't just be thrown around with the definition he has concocted.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
'Bible believing church'.
As opposed to the other 95% of churches who don't follow the Bible :plain:

Yeah right.

But
Any program that inserts religiosity is going to be scrutinized. I recall 'Duck Dynasty', a show I didn't really care for, having gone through the same thing. I would be inclined to defend them if it weren't for the fact that I think they are being as blatant as, let's say, an all female Ghostrbusters movie.

Simply implemented to make people angry or stir controversy.

Daniel1769

Except you clearly didnt read the op, they (Chip and Joana) didnt "say" anything, the reporters are whining that they (The Gaines) attend a bible based church that believes that homosexuality is wrong and gay marriage is wrong.

That's what we've allowed our society to become. There's not much you can do about businesses firing people. The culture needs to change and stop being so whiny about everything. I'm not surprised by it, but there's not much you can do. The world hated Jesus first.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
'Bible believing church'.
As opposed to the other 95% of churches who don't follow the Bible :plain:

Yeah right.
But
Any program that inserts religiosity is going to be scrutinized. I recall 'Duck Dynasty', a show I didn't really care for, having gone through the same thing.

Another thing that didnt happen here, do some of you just not bother to read the story before commenting on it?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's what we've allowed our society to become. There's not much you can do about businesses firing people. The culture needs to change and stop being so whiny about everything. I'm not surprised by it, but there's not much you can do. The world hated Jesus first.

Well they havent been fired either.

Daniel1769

Well they havent been fired either.

They probably will be though. They do this to people a lot. They'll cry and cry until they get fired. I heard they got Pastor Steve Anderson's Paypal shut down, and got another Pastor in trouble with the church landlord, and all sorts of things. They've really been ramping up against people who don't believe in what they do. They'll end up getting them fired. They got that pizza shop and cake shops shut down. They're authoritarian bullies. They won't let up.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Need I refresh your memory about your support of ENDA?

https://www.aclu.org/cases/employment-non-discrimination-act

If you've changed your mind, lemme know.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Another thing that didnt happen here, do some of you just not bother to read the story before commenting on it?

Some things are said without saying- like wearing ~Bible Believing; I'm not a heretic like the other 1 and a half billion other Christians~ on your shoulder :rotfl:

If a person with a Christian worldview notices it, than an atheist can sure as hell notice it- that's why they are being scrutinized, not because they attend church :wave2: