How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

I know but Romans ch 13 does not refer to Christians not being violent.

The end of Romans 12 does.

LA

You take those verses as you will, but I don't believe that Paul is telling Gods ministers to take up a natural sword, Gods ministers use the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.

Paul also said that our weapons of warfare are not carnal

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:*4(For the weapons of our warfare*are*not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)* Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;.And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

and Jesus says

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.*But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

Surely what Jesus said should show us that violence and murder is wrong?

marhig

YOU were going against the scriptures I gave where Paul says we pay taxes to God's servants of authority, and that they are their to PUNISH the wrong doer.

Now you are preaching a different way.
Sorry GT I've told you what I believe, I don't agree with you, Jesus Christ did not send us out to be violent and use weapons of the world.

He preached that we should love our enemies not kill them!

jsanford108

We have to believe and obey Jesus to get saved, and to stay saved.

Catholics do NOT obey Jesus.

Catholics do many things that God hates.

Catholics call their pope 'Holy Father', and they call their brother's in Christ 'father'. Their 'fathers' even call each other 'father'.

Jesus says not to call your brother in Christ 'father'. God says not to makes statues and bow to them. God says there is only one mediator, and many other things God says, but the Catholics go against.

I have never said all you need is faith. Jesus says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

By you assertion, we should not even call paternal fathers "father," since we are told "call no man father." So that argument is lacking merit.

God said not to eat unclean animals. God said not to labor on the Sabbath. God said to use incense in worship. God said to wash one's self before entering His House.

I assure that you are not doing any of the above. Does that mean you are going against God?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You take those verses as you will, but I don't believe that Paul is telling Gods ministers to take up a natural sword, Gods ministers use the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.

Paul also said that our weapons of warfare are not carnal

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:*4(For the weapons of our warfare*are*not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)* Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;.And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

and Jesus says

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.*But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

Surely what Jesus said should show us that violence and murder is wrong?
Marhig, What did Jesus say to his Apostles just before they went to the Garden of Gethsemane about weapons?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Sorry GT I've told you what I believe, I don't agree with you, Jesus Christ did not send us out to be violent and use weapons of the world.

He preached that we should love our enemies not kill them!

You admitted you would be deadly if you had to be.

Also, you are not going against me, you are going against Paul who spoke scripture.

Paul says plainly that we pay taxes to keep those in authority to handle evil doers.

You sound so hypocritical and confused.

Tell me how you would stop a kidnapper? Would you turn a rock into a weapon, or your car into a weapon?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
By you assertion, we should not even call paternal fathers "father," since we are told "call no man father." So that argument is lacking merit.

God said not to eat unclean animals. God said not to labor on the Sabbath. God said to use incense in worship. God said to wash one's self before entering His House.

I assure that you are not doing any of the above. Does that mean you are going against God?

Do you know whom God was speaking to when He said to do those things? If you don't, you aren't being taught enough about the Bible.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was calling the unsaved 'dead'.

You say you do not know if you are saved.

You just might be the one who is dead.

Of course if you say you are not the dead it would mean you are boasting, according to your ignorance.

Stop being confrontationist, you are being an embarrassment.

God's Truth

bump for GT.

Jesus gives life. Those who do not have Jesus do not have life. Those who have Jesus have passed from DEATH to life.

Death means dead.

John 5:24 "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus gives life. Those who do not have Jesus do not have life. Those who have Jesus have passed from DEATH to life.

Death means dead.

John 5:24 "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

So you don't seem to understand Jesus' word I just quoted to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.