NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Giants beat your Cowboys twice, the Packers destroyed the Giants last week.

That usually doesn't matter. When it works out, it is because one is just better. Northwestern beat Pitt. So Northwestern would be Clemson.

And the Cubs are World Series Champions.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Northwestern beat Pitt. So Northwestern would be Clemson.

No, it means Pitt would beat Alabama, cause Pitt beat Clemson, and Clemson beat Alabama. :chuckle:

And the Cubs are World Series Champions.

Which means even Jerry Jones could win another Super Bowl.

Seriously, momentum means a lot in sports. And right now, there is no team with more momentum than the Packers.

It should be a great game. You have Rodgers and the Packers peaking, against two of the best rookies to come along in a long time.

Jerry Shugart

I'm a Steeler's fan. We have no reason to be scared. Since the merger, we have won more than any other team.

The Cowboys have the NUMERO UNO highest winning percentage in the regular season among all NFL teams. There are twelve teams with a better winning percentage than the Steelers. They are closer to mediocrity than they are to excellence.

The sad thing for the Steeler fans is the fact that they know that they will never catch the Cowboys!

Jerry Shugart

If I was a Cowboys fan, I would be scared to death of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

We ain't scared of nothing. Of the last five playoff games between Dallas and Green Bay Dallas won four of them, and they would have won the last one if not for a pitiful call that took away the touchdown catch of Dez Bryant!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NFL 2016

We ain't scared of nothing. Of the last five playoff games between Dallas and Green Bay Dallas won four of them, and they would have won the last one if not for a pitiful call that took away the touchdown catch of Dez Bryant!

Lol

The Cowboys are 0-1 against Rodgers in the playoffs.

Prior to that game, the last time the Cowboys beat the Packers in the playoffs was when Aikman was the QB.

If you want to go that far back, why not bring up how the Packers beat the Cowboys back-to-back in 1966 and 1967 playoffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

The Cowboys are 0-1 against Rodgers in the playoffs.

Rodgers did not beat us in that game. It was the refs!

If you want to go that far back, why not bring up how the Packers beat the Cowboys back-to-back in 1966 and 1967 playoffs?

Yes, Dallas lost both of those games but just barely (seven and four points). Dallas had the misfortune of playing that team when they were at their best, being coached by Vince Lombardi. After barely beating Dallas they went on to slaughter KC by 35-10. Then the next year, after barely beating Dallas they slaughtered Oakland by the score of 33-14.

So if Dallas could have gotten by Green Bay in those NFL championship games they would have two more Super Bowl titles to their credit. But we will add one more title this year and then no team will have won more Super Bowls than the Cowboys.

Jerry Shugart

hablar Inglés o morir

Its not the language which has you upset but instead it is the fact that I let everyone know that the Boys have the best winning percentage of any NFL team and there are twelve teams ahead of the Steelers in that category.

Of course you didn't want anyone to know that the Steelers were so far behind the Cowboys in winning percentage but now the cat is out of the bag, much to your shame!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Vince Lombardi

The Steelers have more Vince Lombardi Trophies than any team in the NFL.

then no team will have won more Super Bowls than the Cowboys.

As usual, the Cowboys are always chasing records the Steelers hold.

The Steelers have won more Super Bowls than the Cowboys, and two of those Super Bowl wins came against the Cowboys.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So if Dallas could have gotten by Green Bay in those NFL championship games they would have two more Super Bowl titles to their credit.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.....

The Steelers have lost 7 AFC Championship Games. Of those 7 teams that beat the Steelers, 5 went on to win the Super Bowl.

On the other hand, Dallas has lost 6 NFC Championship Games, but only 2 of the teams that beat Dallas went on to win the Super Bowl. Counting those 2 games against Green Bay before the merger, that makes 4 teams.

So, if we play your little game.....the Steelers would have 5 more Super Bowl wins, whereas Dallas would only have 4 more.

Once again, Dallas comes in second place to Pittsburgh.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The NFL is not 50 years old. Pro football is not 50 years old. The Packers still have the most championships, followed by the Bears. And then maybe Cleveland.

Yep.

Jerry Shugart

As usual, the Cowboys are always chasing records the Steelers hold.

Who was chasing who when Dallas played in a Super Bowl and the Steelers had not even come close to sniffing it?

Who was chasing who when the Boys won their first Super Bowl when the Steelers were not even close to playing in one?

Who was chasing who when the Boys won their fifth Super Bowl and Pittsburgh had not been in one for 15 years. And guess who Dallas beat to win that fifth Super Bowl?

YOUR STEELERS!

Your team helped the Cowboys to set a new NFL Record, becoming the only team to win three Super Bowls in a span of four years.

And besides that, the Steelers are still chasing Dallas (and they will never catch them) as the team with the best winning percentage of all the teams in the NFL. There are twelve teams ahead of the lowly Steelers!

Besides that, the Steelers will never catch the Boys' NFL record for 20 consecutive winning seasons.

Also, the Steelers will never have a running back who will catch Emmitt Smith's all time rushing record.

All the Steelers can do is to dream that they can ever match these Cowboy's records and that is why you continue to live in a fantasy world when it comes to the lowly Steelers.

There is only ONE America's Team and it ain't the Steelers.

Jerry Shugart

OK Sports Fans:

At New England -16
Houston

I am going to have to go with Houston and take the points. I see very little chance that Houston can win (only by knocking Brady out of the game) but they have a good chance to beat that spread!

At Atlanta -5
Seattle

Here I will take Atlanta and give the five points. I did not think that Seattle looked that good in the game against Detroit last week so I do not think that they have the firepower to keep up with Atlanta.

Besides that, Matty Ice will wait until next week to melt in the heat of battle.

Of course I am waiting for the picks of Maestro Town Heretic to see just how far off I am. Where has he been lately? Anybody know?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
OK Sports Fans:

At New England -16
Houston

I am going to have to go with Houston and take the points. I see very little chance that Houston can win (only by knocking Brady out of the game) but they have a good chance to beat that spread!
This is right at the margin for me...final likely outcome....I'll take New England, because I think that offensive output was an aberration and that it will be harder to reproduce it at New England.

Final projected score:

Hou 15
NE 31

At Atlanta -5
Seattle

Here I will take Atlanta and give the five points. I did not think that Seattle looked that good in the game against Detroit last week so I do not think that they have the firepower to keep up with Atlanta.

They don't tend to play well on the road. They're going to surprise people. I think this is going to be a fun game to watch, but I agree with you on the points.

Final Projected score:

Sea 21
Atl 28

Of course I am waiting for the picks of Maestro Town Heretic to see just how far off I am. Where has he been lately? Anybody know?
Grad school blues and work load have me drifting a bit. :)

Did you pick the other two?

Projected Scores remaining:

Pit 21
KC 24 to cover

GB 25
Dal 26 :shocked:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I heard today a prediction of 30.2 to 9.5 or something like that for the NE-Hou game. "You are, what your record says you are." Coach Parcells.

Pats will win
Coinflip for the others. There's credible paths to victory* for each team, while there's none for Houston, sorry fans. :(

"That's why they play the games." Also Coach Parcells, but he was quoting somebody else

* And of course, not having a credible path to victory, doesn't rule out victory in spite of it.

Jerry Shugart

Projected Scores remaining:

Pit 21
KC 24 to cover

GB 25
Dal 26 :shocked:

I pick the Steelers and take the point. I will pick the Boys and give the five points. Green Bay probably has the worst defense of any of the teams which remain in the playoffs. They will be unable to stop Dallas while Dallas will make their offense one dimensional, a deadly combination for the Packers!

By the way, due to ice storms which are coming upon the Kansas City area the time of that game Sunday has been switched to 8:20 ET and I presume that the Dallas/Green Bay game will start at 4:40 ET.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would not be surprised to see Green Bay win with Rodgers playing like he has. 22 TDs 0 INTs over the stretch. But my call is Dallas for the win.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
By the way, due to ice storms which are coming upon the Kansas City area the time of that game Sunday has been switched to 8:20 ET and I presume that the Dallas/Green Bay game will start at 4:40 ET.

IMO, this helps the Steelers. Since 2006 the Steelers have a 64% winning percentage in prime time games (Sundays, Mondays & Thursdays), whereas the Chiefs have a 43% winning percentage in prime time.

The Chiefs are 0-4 on Sunday Nights since 2006, the Steelers are 14-10. The game is Sunday night.

The Falcons are lucky they get the Seahawks in the early game Saturday. The Seahawks have a league best 77% winning percentage in prime time since 2006 (they are 15-3), while the Falcons have been a horrible 39% in prime time (they are 5-11) since 2006.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The NFL is not 50 years old. Pro football is not 50 years old. The Packers still have the most championships, followed by the Bears. And then maybe Cleveland.

Yep.

Your link is wrong.

The NFL does not officially recognize AAFC stats, wins, or championships.

Neither does the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Cleveland's 4 AAFC championships do not count.

Here is the real list:

13 - Packers
9 - Bears
8 - Giants
6 - Steelers
5 - Redskins, Cowboys, 49'ers
4 - Browns, Lions, Colts, Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.