Jerry Shugart

Here is the real list:

13 - Packers
9 - Bears
8 - Giants
6 - Steelers
5 - Redskins, Cowboys, 49'ers
4 - Browns, Lions, Colts, Patriots

The Steelers win a championship on average about once every 13 years.

They will never catch the Cowboys who win one about every 9 years. And it is impossible that you will never catch the Packers who win one every 7 years.

As always, your Steelers are exposed as nothing more than just an average team!

Jerry Shugart

Is there a worse Quarterback in the league than Houston's Brock Osweiler? I don't think so!

It is amazing that Houston signed him to a 72 million dollar contract with 37 million of it guaranteed!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is right at the margin for me...final likely outcome....I'll take New England, because I think that offensive output was an aberration and that it will be harder to reproduce it at New England.

Final projected score:

Hou 15
NE 31

Actual score:

Hou 16
NE 34

Sea 21
Atl 28

Actual:

Sea 20
Alt 36

So far so good. Only Atlanta's production surprised me, though both did at least what I needed for the line win. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your link is wrong.

No it isn't. That is a list of pro-football championships.

The NFL does not officially recognize AAFC stats, wins, or championships.

The NFL also does not recognize their behavior problems and are politicized as you like to point out. The best NFL team lost to the AAFC, but you don't accept it because it was your cousins to the west.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The best NFL team lost to the AAFC, but you don't accept it because it was your cousins to the west.

There is a reason the NFL recognizes AFL wins, stats, and championships and does not with the AAFC.

When the AFL merged with the NFL, all of the AFL teams were accepted, and the NFL had played the AFL for a championship (Super Bowls 1 - 3).

Only 3 of the 8 AAFC teams were accepted to the NFL, and the NFL never played the AAFC teams for a championship.

The NFL does not officially recognize wins, stats, or championships from the AAFC.

Therefore, according to the NFL, the Cleveland Browns have 4 championships, not 8

Jerry Shugart

Yesterday marked the end of the home teams winning every game so far.

Things will change today.

View attachment 25169

View attachment 25170

You're getting scared, aren't you junior?

You can see the writing on the wall and you can do nothing about it. You know that the Steelers will be sitting at home while the Boys win another Super Bowl and therefore regain the best Super Bowl record of all the NFL teams.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a reason the NFL recognizes AFL wins, stats, and championships and does not with the AAFC.

Because Paul Brown embarrassed the league. The NFL publicity is the same as the DNC with the media. Skewed with an angle to promote.

You just don't like it because your cousins to the west of you have the most dominant dynasty in all of professional football, noticeably stronger than the steel curtain. And the steel curtain is the most dominant dynasty of the Super Bowl era. But not all of football.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maestro,

You're losing your touch! Before you were always closer in your predictions of the scores.
:chuckle: I'll be interested in seeing if I go four for four by the night's end. The up and down on potential outcomes for the Dallas game is irksome.

Of the potential outcomes that sliver of a difference is the most likely, itself by a slim margin. The grouping is just paper thin between a paper thin win, a dominant Cowboys win and an upset. Only a dominant Green Bay performance is unlikely.

:smack:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For the record, I think we are in for a whale of game. Much like Clemson and Alabama just did.

Jerry Shugart

I'll be interested in seeing if I go four for four by the night's end. The up and down on potential outcomes for the Dallas game is irksome.

I will be pleased if your pick to win the game turns out correct, no matter the score. Of course you know that.

Only a dominant Green Bay performance is unlikely.

I agree with that!

Since you have been so accurate on your picks I have the upmost confidence that the Cowboys will win today!

Thanks!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, the Cowboys lose yet another playoff game.

Even being the #1 seed, with home field advantage, they still lose.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!!!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because you knew Green Bay would have a long drive keeping Dallas off the field. Down to the wire, but not a good game as I was expecting. Dallas is still the best team in the NFL. Just like the 1 loss Patriots.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Because you knew Green Bay would have a long drive keeping Dallas off the field. Down to the wire, but not a good game as I was expecting. Dallas is still the best team in the NFL. Just like the 1 loss Patriots.
Disappointing, but not really surprising. I had narrow wins either way as the most likely outcome, with Dallas by 1 being the most likely and a pot luck 3 following. Didn't see either team dominating, though I still say if Romo is under center they win this game. In any event, as I went contrary to the Cowboys -4 line, I notch another win going into tonight's contest between KC and Pit. :D

Jerry Shugart

Once again, the Cowboys lose yet another playoff game.

Yes, once again the refs handed the game to the Packers. This time it cost Dallas 4 points. Near the end of the first half there was an obvious pass interference against Jason Witten at the goal line and no penalty was called. The Boys ended up having to kick a field goal so they lost 4 points, the number of points which would have given the Boys a victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.