NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, once again the refs handed the game to the Packers. This time it cost Dallas 4 points. Near the end of the first half there was an obvious pass interference against Jason Witten at the goal line and no penalty was called. The Boys ended up having to kick a field goal so they lost 4 points, the number of points which would have given the Boys a victory!

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry......give it up.
Your Boys lost another playoff game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had narrow wins either way as the most likely outcome, with Dallas by 1 being the most likely and a pot luck 3 following.

This makes it wide open for the cheaters in Boston. Jason Garrett should be fired for such a gross negligence in preparation. It isn't like bowl season before conference championship games when a team has not played in 6 weeks.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And of course Rodgers is 100% responsible for the wins and the streak. So they still have a chance against the cheaters. I stand by take, master of the obvious, Rodgers belongs in the conversation of best of all time.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As expected......no rookie QB has ever taken his team to the Super Bowl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes, once again the refs handed the game to the Packers. This time it cost Dallas 4 points. Near the end of the first half there was an obvious pass interference against Jason Witten at the goal line and no penalty was called. The Boys ended up having to kick a field goal so they lost 4 points, the number of points which would have given the Boys a victory!

What a hoot, the refs are the only reason Dallas got close in the second half.:crackup:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Reid's WRs really let the team down tonight. Too many meaningful drops. The defense was excellent, but there you go.

And I'm 3 - 1 against the line. Next up, the AFC/NFC crowns. :think:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YES!!!!!

The Steelers advance to the AFC Championship Game.

A few facts:

1) The Steelers have won the same amount of playoff games in the last 8 days as the Cowboys have won in the last 20 years.

2) The Steelers will play in their 16th Conference Championship Game. That's more Conference Championship Game appearances than any other team in the NFL.

3) When the Cowboys lose, and the Steelers win on the same day in the post-season....it's priceless!!!!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, the Steelers and Patriots have dominated the AFC.

Since 1994 the Steelers and/or Patriots have appeared in 18 of the last 23 AFC Championship Games.

1994 - Steelers
1995 - Steelers
1996 - Patriots
1997 - Steelers
2001 - Steelers & Patriots
2003 - Patriots
2004 - Steelers & Patriots
2005 - Steelers
2006 - Patriots
2007 - Patriots
2008 - Steelers
2010 - Steelers
2011 - Patriots
2012 - Patriots
2013 - Patriots
2014 - Patriots
2015 - Patriots
2016 - Steelers & Patriots

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Once again, the Steelers and Patriots have dominated the AFC.
The Steelers didn't exactly dominate this year. You could argue that only the Pats have looked like the team to beat for most of it. I'm guessing the line on the Pit/NE match-up will be around 10.5 for NE and something like 5.5 for Atlanta on the NFC side...though the way GB is playing the Falcons had better hope their defense is sharp.

At this point it looks like a coronation of New England is in the making. Both the NFC teams are nicked and I just don't see the Steelers winning this next one on the road.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Steelers didn't exactly dominate this year. You could argue that only the Pats have looked like the team to beat for most of it. I'm guessing the line on the Pit/NE match-up will be around 10.5 for NE and something like 5.5 for Atlanta on the NFC side...though the way GB is playing the Falcons had better hope their defense is sharp.

At this point it looks like a coronation of New England is in the making. Both the NFC teams are nicked and I just don't see the Steelers winning this next one on the road.

Steelers have won 9 in a row.

Packers have won 8 in a row.

They are the two hottest teams.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Steelers didn't exactly dominate this year. You could argue that only the Pats have looked like the team to beat for most of it.

The AFC Championship Game appearances by the Steelers and Patriots speaks for itself. The two teams have completely dominated the AFC the last 23 years.

The Steelers were 9-3 against the AFC this year. Only the Patriots had a better record at 11-1.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The AFC Championship Game appearances by the Steelers and Patriots speaks for itself.
This year is this year. It's great that your team has been pretty darn good for a long time (and the coaching choices and stability, along with a solid front office is golden in that regard) but it's 2017 and in 2017 the Steelers were one of the better teams in a field that didn't see much separation.

The Steelers were 9-3 against the AFC this year. Only the Patriots had a better record at 11-1.
As I pointed out all year, there was a lot of middling and not much more in both conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.