NFL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can't be this stupid-you are changing your argument, Craigie, moving the proverbial goalposts....You "argued:"

Try to pay attention Little Johnny.

My statement is true "No rookie QB has led his team to a Super Bowl".

You then countered with "Most rookies are on bad teams".

I then showed that there have been 14 rookie QB's to take their teams to the playoffs, and showed that none of those 14 rookie QB's made it to the Super Bowl, and just three even made it as far as a Conference Championship Game.

So, these numbers do not look good for Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. For the Cowboys to make it to the Super Bowl, Dak Prescott would have to do something that no other rookie QB in NFL history has ever done.

john w

Hall of Fame
Correction:

Mark Sanchez took the Jets to the AFC Championship Game as a rookie QB in 2009.

So, it's Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Sanchez as the only rookie QB's to take their team to a Conference Championship Game (and they all lost).
No rookie QB has ever led a team to a Super Bowl.

No rookie QB has ever led a team to a Super Bowl.

Craigie: Means the same thing...

Take your seat, on the bench...Correction: Nevermind-you are not even in the game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can someone please explain to Little Johnny that a Conference Championship Game and the Super Bowl are two different things.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Try not imitating me, wimpy little armed Craigie...

And started lifting weights, you 5' 11 inch bean pole, weasel.

Hey Little Johnny, who's your NFL team?

St. Louis has lost the last two teams it has had playing there since the merger.

In total, 4 NFL teams have played in St. Louis, but there is none there today.

Why do NFL teams keep leaving St. Louis?

john w

Hall of Fame

St. Louis has lost the last two teams it has had playing there since the merger.

Hey, gay, little armed Craigie: Why do you associate yourself, your identity, with a football team, the Steelers? Because you are such a loser, in life, and are a weakling, wimpy looking, and this gives your life meaning? Most of the Steelers would laugh at you, Craigie. They don't know you. You live through them, eh, weasel, admiring the way they look, and wish you looked like them? That is quite pathetic, Craigie.

Get out of your rat hole, at "home," get a job, and start lifting weights, you pathetic looking weasel.

Why do most Christians leave your presence, devil boy? Smell your sulfur? You are a loser, just like your Pirates, and your city.

So there.

john w

Hall of Fame

And started lifting weights, you 5' 11 inch bean pole, weasel.

Daniel1769

After that massacre in Green Bay this week, Dallas may as well put all their little rookie statistics in a sack. Green Bay is going to steam roll them, and that should set up a great NFC Championship game against Atlanta after they beat Seattle.

I think Pittsburgh will beat KC in a close one.

I say Houston pulls off the upset of the year in Foxboro when they beat the Pats in a trap game that they are looking past.

Jerry Shugart

More nonsense.

Both the Redskins and Broncos have won 3 Super Bowls.

The Redskins beat the Broncos in their only head-to-head Super Bowl meeting

The Redskins are 3-2 in Super Bowls, the Broncos are 3-5.

You forget what we were discussing. If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year and the Steelers lose this week then both teams will have won six Super Bowls so they are tied in that category.

The only tie-breaker that makes sense to determine which team has the better overall Super Bowl record is to see which team has played in a Super Bowl the most times. And if the things work out as I said then Dallas would have played in more Super Bowls than the Steelers. Therfore, their Super Bowl record would be better than that of the Steelers.

If Team "A" had played in two Super Bowls and had won none and Team "B" had played in one Super Bowl and had won none then Team "A" would have the better Super Bowl record. That is because they had made it that far once more than Team "B."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After that massacre in Green Bay this week, Dallas may as well put all their little rookie statistics in a sack. Green Bay is going to steam roll them, and that should set up a great NFC Championship game against Atlanta after they beat Seattle.

I think Pittsburgh will beat KC in a close one.

I say Houston pulls off the upset of the year in Foxboro when they beat the Pats in a trap game that they are looking past.

As long as the Steelers keep winning, I'll be rooting for the Cowboys.

There is nothing I want more than a Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl.

The Steelers play the early game on Sunday, then the Cowboys play the later game.

So, if the Steelers beat KC, then it's "Go Cowboys!!"

If the Steelers lose to KC, then it's "Go Pack Go !!!"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You forget what we were discussing.

I know exactly what we're discussing.

The Steelers are the #1 team in the Super Bowl era, and the Cowboys are the #2 team.

You are fantasying about the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl this year, and having the Cowboys become #1 and the Steelers #2.

However, even if your Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year, they would still be #2 to the Steelers.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Prescott is having an amazing year, but the fact remains.....no rookie QB has ever led his team to a Super Bowl.

Nice qualifier with the NFL only. Last I checked, your cousins to the east won 4 straight in their AAFC, and I can't think of the QB name off the top of my head, just Paul Brown, father of the modern NFL.

Anyway, Prescott is better than I thought. Meaning able to deal with competition. Look how far Miss State fell and how fast without him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nice qualifier with the NFL only. Last I checked, your cousins to the east won 4 straight in their AAFC, and I can't think of the QB name off the top of my head, just Paul Brown, father of the modern NFL.

First off, Cleveland is west of Pittsburgh, not east.

Secondly, the AAFC was not the NFL.

Third, Otto Graham took the Browns to the AAFC Championship Game as a rookie, but it was the first year of the AAFC, and just about every other team in the AAFC also had a rookie QB.

Anyway, Prescott is better than I thought. Meaning able to deal with competition. Look how far Miss State fell and how fast without him.

Prescott is for real, but so was Marino, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Ryan, and Russell Wilson, but none of those QB's were able to make it to the Super Bowl as a rookie despite taking their teams to the playoffs as a rookie.

drbrumley

Prescott is for real, but so was Marino, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Ryan, and Russell Wilson, but none of those QB's were able to make it to the Super Bowl as a rookie despite taking their teams to the playoffs.

Dallas as a team are better than any you just mentioned.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dallas as a team are better than any you just mentioned.

With Roethlisberger as a rookie in 2004, the Steelers finished 15-1, but only made it to the AFC Championship Game with their rookie QB. The team even won the Super Bowl the next year, and another Super Bowl three years later. So, unless Dallas wins two Super Bowls in the next four years, that Steelers team was much better.

As I said earlier, for Dallas to even get to the Super Bowl, Dak Prescott will have to do what no rookie QB in the history of the NFL has ever done.

Daniel1769

Dallas had a cake schedule, just like Carolina did last year. Just like New England does also this year.

Dallas hasn't played some of the better teams yet like Atalanta and KC. Some of the good teams they have played already weren't in great shape three months ago but are on fire now like Green Bay and Pittsburgh. Dallas has no chance of beating both Green Bay and Atlanta to go to the Superbowl. I think Green Bay kills. But if they did pull out a win, Atalanta would crush them in the NFC Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.