Alt-righter plows into crowd of anti-racists in Charlottesville

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Indeed .... at times like this I think "Imagine if TOL had an ignore feature" ...

Which is exactly what Knight recommends. But then they wouldn't have a chance to think up new insults for people they don't want here. For all their blustering over "leftists" shutting down free speech, the more vocal of the alt-righters frequently wish that all dissent was gone from here so they could have the place to themselves. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Is anyone suppressing your right to do that? Was Orwell a far left winger?

No and no on both counts.

Oh, the irony of musterion posting on the rights of people to say what others don't want to hear.

:chuckle:

That's coming from the guy who routinely has posters with opposing views blocked from his threads.

:chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It begs the question, what kind of people attend these protests? I am very passionate about supporting our President but I still wouldn't go to a protest. The left seems to control and dominate these contrived protests.

That's smart. You don't want an injury that will hamper you the rest of your life.

CS has a different attitude about demonstrating depending on who he's talking to. :eek:

Your just too much of a coward to actually get in the streets like antifa and get the stuffing beat out you for trying what they tried to do.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which is exactly what Knight recommends. But then they wouldn't have a chance to think up new insults for people they don't want here. For all their blustering over "leftists" shutting down free speech, the more vocal of the alt-righters frequently wish that all dissent was gone from here so they could have the place to themselves. :chuckle:

Oh the intellectual stimulation of never having one's views challenged ... makes for a rather boring debate.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
On Right-wing Authoritarian Personalities:

People who score high in RWA characteristics manifest a high degree of submission to authorities (they perceive to be legitimate) in the society they identify with, and a higher propensity to show aggressiveness towards those who they perceive violate those social norms (and they see their aggressiveness as sanctioned by the authorities to which they submit).

They show a high degree of adherence to social norms (you go outside the box of what they see as "normal," and you're going to be aggressed).

They're fearful - they see the world as a dangerous place, requiring strong action to stamp out what they see as a threat.

They're self-righteous - they feel justified in looking down on anyone their authority figures perceive as less moral than themselves.

They require structure. They tend to be inflexible.

They tend to frame their worldview in terms of ingroups and outgroups, and perceive that outgroups threaten the traditions and values held by their ingroup - which attitude, as you might expect, correlates positively with higher rates of prejudice.​

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People who score high in RWA characteristics manifest a high degree of submission to authorities (they perceive to be legitimate) in the society they identify with, and a higher propensity to show aggressiveness towards those who they perceive violate those social norms (and they see their aggressiveness as sanctioned by the authorities to which they submit).

They show a high degree of adherence to social norms (you go outside the box of what they see as "normal," and you're going to be aggressed).

They're fearful - they see the world as a dangerous place, requiring strong action to stamp out what they see as a threat.

They're self-righteous - they feel justified in looking down on anyone their authority figures perceive as less moral than themselves.

They tend to frame their worldview in terms of ingroups and outgroups, and perceive that outgroups threaten the traditions and values held by their ingroup - which attitude, as you might expect, correlates positively with higher rates of prejudice.​

:think: That sounds about right ...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Sounds like the left to me

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One wonders how Musti proposes one should follow that Orwell quote
You'll make up something, and then act like it's fact.

- if anything, Must is all for a forum where only he and his pals can go back and forth agreeing with one another :chuckle:
And there it is, right on schedule!

Danoh doesn't feel he gets all the thanks and reps that he thinks he deserves.from others.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Danoh didn't make anything up.

Likeminded brethren, unto edification, the way it's supposed to be.

If you want, you can follow the link to read it in context, in response to Danoh's previous post in that discussion.

Oh wait, never mind. I just realized you thanked him for that comment so you were there already.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wasn't it you that reported Nick for a pic he posted very recently?
Sure. And asked to have him banned from the thread, not TOL. I didn't want that sort of profanity laden post in the thread. Neither did the mod, who took it out before coming to my report.

Also, nice dodge.

So here was the first point you made:
Actually, town does his best to shut us up by reporting us to the moderators.
Which anyone who supports the site by being a paid user can look at in the woodshed and recognize, no, I actually rarely report a post. It has to be fairly egregious, like blasphemy or profanity.

Then, with only your renowned assumption to rest it on you decided and declared another mistaken notion:
It looks like he succeeded at shutting up doser again for instance.
You literally made that up. And got it completely wrong. Doser got doser a time out. I never read it, let alone reported it. Doofus.

Did you own either error? No. No, of course you didn't. You just went on to lower and less bright things, like:

He reports to the mods like a spoiled child.
Calm down kid. You'll stunt your...well, no, that's not likely, is it.

Danoh

Danoh doesn't feel he gets all the thanks and reps that he thinks he deserves.from others.

No, you're simply that entrenched in the error you conclude on such things from.

I neither click on the "thanks" feature to anyone, nor expect it from anyone.

I have not bothered with it in a very long time.

You're a Trump supporter, Tam.

A man not only a life-long, politically and financially corrupt, but a man who thrives on pettiness and double-standards.

That right there says all one needs to know about where you and your pals conclude on things from.

You and your pals were each manifesting that all over TOL way before I came along.

And you and your pals were each manifesting that all over TOL way before Trump came along for your obvious hypocrisy to truly show itself for what it is...in your obvious conclusion "he speaks to me."

What a dis-grace-ful thing not only to hear one self say - that such an individual as Trump "speaks to me" - but even more dis-grace-ful - to have ended up so blind to one's hypocrisy that one actually finds that kind of "speaks to me" sound.

No, Tam, the day you and yours start heaping up the high-fives my way will either mark the day the truth of this kind of a post actually got through to you and yours, at last, or it will note I have ended up in favor of the wrong pac, once more.

You're MADs, somewhat.

But Grace MADs you are not.

Very little grace- in your gospel of grace - but towards yourselves.

Again, your support of that vile individual now in the White House, says it all.

Don't worry about whether or not I need a thank you.

Focus on the one you are not giving your thank yous to - the Lord - in your support of your kind of double-standard.

Regretabbly, Tam.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, you're simply that entrenched in the error you conclude on such things from.
It's no error.
You DO make stuff up about people as if it were fact.

I neither click on the "thanks" feature to anyone, nor expect it from anyone.

I have not bothered with it in a very long time.
But you complain of folks that do.
Just more of your way or the highway.

You're a Trump supporter, Tam.
Yep.

That right there says all one needs to know about where you and your pals conclude on things from.

You and your pals were each manifesting that all over TOL way before I came along.
I have many many pals on TOL.
Several of my pals do not hold to the same views as I do.
The little box you cram everyone into is nothing more than your own imaginings.

And you and your pals were each manifesting that all over TOL way before Trump came along for your obvious hypocrisy to truly show itself for what it is...in your obvious conclusion "he speaks to me."
Made up.
What a dis-grace-ful thing not only to hear one self say - that such an individual as Trump "speaks to me" - but even more dis-grace-ful - to have ended up so blind to one's hypocrisy that one actually finds that kind of "speaks to me" sound.
Made up, as I have never said Trump speaks to me.
No, Tam, the day you and yours start heaping up the high-fives my way will either mark the day the truth of this kind of a post actually got through to you and yours, at last, or it will note I have ended up in favor of the wrong pac, once more.
Ahh, there it is again ----- high fives, thanks, and reps that poor Danoh thinks he deserves more than others do.

You're MADs, somewhat.

But Grace MADs you are not.
Made up from your own hate.
His grace is completely sufficient for me.

Very little grace- in your gospel of grace - but towards yourselves.
I don't have a gospel of grace, scripture does.

Again, your support of that vile individual now in the White House, says it all.
Guilt by association fallacy.
And you want to lecture me on grace!!!!

Don't worry about whether or not I need a thank you.
I'm not worried that you constantly think about it.

Focus on the one you are not giving your thank yous to - the Lord - in your support of your kind of double-standard.
Made up rubbish from your warped mind.
I thank the Lord daily.

Regretabbly, Tam.
Your regrets are just more of your my way or the highway fantasy.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile, it looks as though the president's response to Charlottesville has cost him another supporter, as Daniel Kammen has tendered his resignation as Science Envoy. I'm not sure what his duties entailed, but apparently carrying water wasn't one of them.

:nono:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Meanwhile, it looks as though the president's response to Charlottesville has cost him another supporter, as Daniel Kammen has tendered his resignation as Science Envoy. I'm not sure what his duties entailed, but apparently carrying water wasn't one of them.

:nono:

Take a look at what the leading letter of each paragraph in his resignation spells out. :)

Arthur Brain

No, your just a senile old fool that doesn't remember what day or year it is. You were in every thread where I explained that I don't have a PC. back then they brought up the same, tired old crap about my not using the quote function, and you were right there in your usual cheerleader role because you are too utterly stupid to have an original thought of your own.

I'm younger than you you dingbat and surprisingly enough, I don't make records of what posters generally tend to use in order to post. Seriously, it's not that time consuming to use the quote function unless it's via phone and that usually comes up at the bottom of the post anyway.

And you, talking about having 'original thoughts' is beyond a joke.