Alt-righter plows into crowd of anti-racists in Charlottesville

Arthur Brain

The original protestors at Charlottesville were trying to express opinions that people like you did not want to hear and they carried that desire out with clubs and urine bottles and other weapons. You have no condemnation for them and support their actions and therefore are guilty of Orwell's point posted by musterion. Your just too much of a coward to actually get in the streets like antifa and get the stuffing beat out you for trying what they tried to do.

Yeah, you're just as whacked out as he is. I condemn any sort of mindless violence so what you and musty might happen to "think" ain't gonna have any bearing on reality thanks.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Meanwhile, it looks as though the president's response to Charlottesville has cost him another supporter, as Daniel Kammen has tendered his resignation as Science Envoy. I'm not sure what his duties entailed, but apparently carrying water wasn't one of them.

:nono:
Good riddance

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Take a look at what the leading letter of each paragraph in his resignation spells out. :)

170823-impeach-letter-mn-1545_76416ab23483645620d7f94eb1370d94.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

ClimateSanity

It's no error.
You DO make stuff up about people as if it were fact.

But you complain of folks that do.
Just more of your way or the highway.

Yep.

No, you're simply that entrenched in the error you conclude on such things from.

No, you're simply that entrenched in the error you conclude on such things from.
I have many many pals on TOL.
Several of my pals do not hold to the same views as I do.
The little box you cram everyone into is nothing more than your own imaginings.

Made up.
Made up, as I have never said Trump speaks to me.
Ahh, there it is again ----- high fives, thanks, and reps that poor Danoh thinks he deserves more than others do.

Made up from your own hate.
His grace is completely sufficient for me.

I don't have a gospel of grace, scripture does.

Guilt by association fallacy.
And you want to lecture me on grace!!!!

I'm not worried that you constantly think about it.

Made up rubbish from your warped mind.
I thank the Lord daily.

Your regrets are just more of your my way or the highway fantasy.
I see nothing vile about Trump. He's a human like all of us and seems to not take marriage all that seriously but he isn't alone in that. He truly wants the country to quit forgetting the little guy and and drive this country away from racial preferences and harmful PC think. That makes him better than most presidents save reagan t.roosevelt and Washington and A. Jackson.

ClimateSanity

And, all his kids are well adjusted and his former wives are doing just fine and hold no grudges. If you are going to wife hop like that, he has found a way to do it with the least amount of damage.

ClimateSanity

As for his vile comments on tape, he is just a braggart and his fantasy probably is not far from the truth for rich and famous men. I have yet heard any corroborating evidence on any abuse he has been accused of doing. Until then, he is innocent.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I see nothing vile about Trump. He's a human like all of us and seems to not take marriage all that seriously but he isn't alone in that. He truly wants the country to quit forgetting the little guy and and drive this country away from racial preferences and harmful PC think. That makes him better than most presidents save reagan t.roosevelt and Washington and A. Jackson.

BBD5hNN.img

When does this President ever interact with the "little guy" - his cabinet appointments are almost all millionaires and billionaires with an estimated net worth of $14 billion..

Secretary of Education Besty DeVos: $5.2 Billion

Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin: $40 Million

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross: $2.9 Billion

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: $150 Million

Attorney General Jeff Sessions: $7.52 Million

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Dr. Ben Carson: $30 Million

Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price: $13.6 Million

Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao: At Least $22.8 Million

Administrator of the Small Business Administration Linda McMahon: $500 Million(husband Vince McMahon has an estimated net worth at $1.14 billion)

Secretary of Energy Rick Perry: $3 Million

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke: $675,502

Secretary of Labor Andrew Puzder: $4 Million (salary for 2012 was just over $4 million, although that was down from $10 million in 2012)

Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin: $170,000 Annual Salary as Undersecretary of Veterans Affairs (prior salary in private sector $1.3 million a year)

Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue: $6 Million

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
That's nice.
You think it's nice that you used a logical fallacy?

Regardless, your question still implies it was her fault.
So you double down and do it again? That's not what most people do when they have their errors in thinking pointed out.

So here's the question again;

Quote Originally Posted by fool
So, what was the woman doing between two cars in an intersection?

Notice that my question doesn't imply anything. The Answer might. But here in the real world we don't decide what outcome we want and then tailor the facts to that end. The facts are the facts and lead where they may.

So I gave you the benefit of the doubt by saying that you knew she died because a crazed alt-righter smashed into the crowd?

If your kind of rational is going to see her death as her fault - then no. Your rationality is suspect.
There you go again, deciding what the conclusion is and then reverse engineering a set of facts to get you there. That doesn't work because that's not how reality works.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thank you for that beautiful example of the logical fallacy Appeal to Motive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_motive
I thought you said you were just gathering facts. That means you haven't advanced a thesis, unless you're agreeing with her that the question was actually hiding something else, in which case it's just an observation of fact.

Anyway, all of this has me curious though, what is the point of the question? Even if she was dead center of the road, if the murderer saw that and accelerated toward her it really doesn't impact the act, or mitigate the outcome.

Because rational people gather facts, then form opinions. Are you ready to join us?
Was that a fallacy?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I know he does not like poor people, but now, I am beginning to think he makes assumptions about dark people, associating them with poor countries and thus the dis-likable poor people. It is funny the only country he seems to feels positive about is Russia, where the people are white, while he seems to dislike China, where people are not thought of as white. We all know what he has repeatedly said about Mexico.

I cannot imagine nay president being so simple-minded, but things otherwise do not add up?

BBD5hNN.img

When does this President ever interact with the "little guy" - his cabinet appointments are all millionaires and billionaires!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know he does not like poor people, but now, I am beginning to think he makes assumptions about dark people, associating them with poor countries and thus the dis-likable poor people. It is funny the only country he seems to feels positive about is Russia, where the people are white, while he seems to dislike China, where people are not thought of as white. We all know what he has repeatedly said about Mexico.

I cannot imagine nay president being so simple-minded, but thing otherwise do not add up?
Seems harder and harder to see it another way.

You realize this means PJ is going to call you a leftist. Heck, he'll do it if you just ask him for an example.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You think it's nice that you used a logical fallacy?

It's nice that you used it as a deflection.

So you double down and do it again? That's not what most people do when they have their errors in thinking pointed out.

So you doubled down and don't address the specific reason she's dead: the action of the driver.

Why? Because you've clearly implied by your question that it's the victim's fault.

So here's the question again;

You've already implied it's her fault, but you're pretending you're all that and a bag of chips when all you're really doing is mansplaining the indefensible.

Notice that my question doesn't imply anything.

Actually, it does and you're too self-impressed to see it.

But here in the real world we don't decide what outcome we want and then tailor the facts to that end. The facts are the facts and lead where they may.

There you go again, deciding what the conclusion is and then reverse engineering a set of facts to get you there. That doesn't work because that's not how reality works.

Here in the real world we don't fall for bovine effluvia.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Seems harder and harder to see it another way.

You realize this means PJ is going to call you a leftist. Heck, he'll do it if you just ask him for an example.

Trump is also presenting himself, at times, as incapable of being president. So says other Republicans, who are far from liberal.

I think JP knows I am naturally a fiscal conservative and Christian, which makes me quite conservative.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because previous Presidents have had poor people in their cabinet?

When does this President ever interact with the "little guy" - his cabinet appointments are all millionaires and billionaires with an estimated net worth of $14 billion..

Secretary of Education Besty DeVos: $5.2 Billion

Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin: $40 Million

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross: $2.9 Billion

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: $150 Million

Attorney General Jeff Sessions: $7.52 Million

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Dr. Ben Carson: $30 Million

Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price: $13.6 Million

Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao: At Least $22.8 Million

Administrator of the Small Business Administration Linda McMahon: $500 Million(husband Vince McMahon has an estimated net worth at $1.14 billion)

Secretary of Energy Rick Perry: $3 Million

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke: $675,502

Secretary of Labor Andrew Puzder: $4 Million (salary for 2012 was just over $4 million, although that was down from $10 million in 2012)

Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin: $170,000 Annual Salary as Undersecretary of Veterans Affairs (prior salary in private sector $1.3 million a year)

Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue: $6 Million
The Left likes to use the "guilt by association" tactic.
As if those rich ones cannot be qualified.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
One of the Left's favorite arguments .....
It's OK because so-and-so does it too.
Except Sod reported so many people so often he got in trouble for it. And I rarely report anyone. So it really wasn't a so-and-so does it.

It was more Climate saying something else that wasn't true, like his blaming me for sod being on the bench again.