ECT How is Paul's message different?

God's Truth

The Madists say Paul preached another gospel. Paul says anyone who preaches another gospel is accursed.

Paul preached the gospel to the Jews and the same gospel to the Gentiles.

Is this ANOTHER gospel that Paul was preaching to the Jews...a different gospel than the one Jesus preached?

Acts 22:17 “When I returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance 18 and saw the Lord speaking to me. ‘Quick!’ he said. ‘Leave Jerusalem immediately, because the people here will not accept your testimony about me.’

19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’

21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

God's Truth

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

How do you get that it ANOTHER gospel?

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Same gospel to all.

john w

Hall of Fame
Same one and only Gospel. Remedy your problem you teachers of falseness.

Believe the truth and repent of your sins.
Your saint Judas:

"Hey, everyone!!!! Good news!!! The Master is going to die for our sins, be buried, and raised again the third day, for our justification!!!! Believe this good news, this only piece of good news, in the scriptures, like I did, and, like I preach, as an evangelist, per Luke 9:6 KJV, to be saved!!!!! Well, gotta go, as my broker has just turned bullish on silver, and I know where to obtain some..."

You, like fellow wolf-ette, mess-hack, are quite harmless, quite irrelevant, as you are quite blatant about your perversion, so not many take you seriously. Now, shoo, pest, gnat.

Jerry Shugart

Add that to his "Don't you believe Paul/God/the scriptures?

Of course we know that you do not believe the Scriptures because you say that the Lord Jesus was made like His brethren in only "some things" despite the fact that the author of Hebrews said that He was made like His brethren in "all things":

"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people"
(Heb.2:17).​

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course we know that you do not believe the Scriptures because you say that the Lord Jesus was made like His brethren in only "some things" despite the fact that the author of Hebrews said that He was made like His brethren in "all things":

"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people"
(Heb.2:17).​
Of course we know that you do not believe the Scriptures..

Confirmed-the old man is so clueless, he does not even know that TOL is laughing at his "Don't you believe 'Jesus'/Paul/the Scriptures?...Who should we believe-you or Paul?....You deny what Paul said here.... " gimmick, sophistry.

Slower: I only engage bible believers, and do not engage bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, and humanists, such as yourself, Mr. Peepers, in debates, persuasion, disputes, and certainly not admitted Acts 2 blenders, "Replacement Theology" proponents, "it all says the same thing" proponents, such as yourself.

Can you dig it?

Jerry Shugart

Confirmed-the old man is so clueless, he does not even know that TOL is laughing at his "Don't you believe 'Jesus'/Paul/the Scriptures?

I don't know about anyone else but I had a good laugh when you said that the Lord Jesus was only made like His brethren "in some thins" despite the fact that the Scriptures say that He was made like His brethren "in all things."

You are getting this Calvinistic approach to the Scriptures down pat because like them "all" only means "some."

I always knew that you were a Calvinist and now your dirty little secret is exposed!

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't know about anyone else but I had a good laugh when you said that the Lord Jesus was only made like His brethren "in some thins" despite the fact that the Scriptures say that He was made like His brethren "in all things."

You are getting this Calvinistic approach to the Scriptures down pat because like them "all" only means "some."

I always knew that you were a Calvinist and now your dirty little secret is exposed!
Confirmed-the old man is so clueless, he does not even know that TOL is laughing at his "Don't you believe 'Jesus'/Paul/the Scriptures?....Who should we believe-you or Paul?....You deny what Paul said here.... " gimmick, sophistry.

Slower: I only engage bible believers, and do not engage bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, and humanists, such as yourself, Mr. Peepers, in debates, persuasion, disputes, and certainly not admitted Acts 2 blenders, "Replacement Theology" proponents, "it all says the same thing" proponents, such as yourself.

Can you dig it?

Jesus was a man before he came to earth, and was not conceived by the Holy Spirit, and thus is not God......God is done with Israel.....Per early Acts, you must be water baptized to be saved, which is why I am a Church of Christ member...Babies have the identical sinless nature as Jesus, and do not need salvation...

Jerry Shugart

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

Paul was given a ministry to Israel as well as to the Gentiles.

When he preached to the Jews he "preached the kingdom of God" (Acts 20:25).

And that is exactly what the Twelve preached to the Jews:

"And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick"
(Lk.9:2).​

That was the "gospel" mentioned just a few verses later:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where" (Lk.9:6).​

However, it is imposible that the Twelve were preaching the same gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles ("Christ died for your sins") because at the time when they were preaching that gospel they didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Jerry Shugart

.Slower: I only engage bible believers...

At least when you do engage them there is at least one who is a Bible believer because you have already proved that you do not believe what is written at Hebrews 2:17 in the KJV!

You say you believe the Bible but when put to the test you get a big fat "F."

God's Truth

Paul was given a ministry to Israel as well as to the Gentiles.

I prove with scripture that it is the SAME ministry that Jesus had when he walked the earth.

When he preached to the Jews he "preached the kingdom of God" (Acts 20:25).

And that is exactly what the Twelve preached to the Jews:

"And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick"
(Lk.9:2).​

That was the "gospel" mentioned just a few verses later:

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where" (Lk.9:6).​

However, it is imposible that the Twelve were preaching the same gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles ("Christ died for your sins") because at the time when they were preaching that gospel they didn't even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die (Lk.18:33-34).

Good grief, it is the SAME gospel preached to the Gentiles. I proved it with scripture. Here is one of the scriptures again:

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Are you going to see it or not?

Did you read how PAUL says that he preached the gospel to the Jews in Jerusalem and Judea, and to the GENTILES ALSO?

Read this scripture:

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

Paul says God NOW COMMANDS ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE TO REPENT.

john w

Hall of Fame
At least when you do engage them there is at least one who is a Bible believer because you have already proved that you do not believe what is written at Hebrews 2:17 in the KJV!

Confirmed-the old man is so clueless, he does not even know that TOL is laughing at his "Don't you believe 'Jesus'/Paul/the Scriptures?...Who should we believe-you or Paul?....You deny what Paul said here.... Why don't believe what is written at(fill in the blank)?..." gimmick, sophistry.

Can you dig it?

Jesus was a man before he came to earth, and was not conceived by the Holy Spirit, and thus is not God......God is done with Israel.....Per early Acts, you must be water baptized to be saved, which is why I am a Church of Christ member...Babies have the identical sinless nature as Jesus, and do not need salvation...I do not believe the bible, as I correct it, since it was written by men, not God....

God's Truth

JESUS PREACHED to the JEWS when he walked the earth to repent and to have faith in him for the forgiveness of sins.

Paul taught the same thing to the Gentiles.

John the baptizer preached it all first. He said repent of your sins and believe in the Lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

God's Truth

Yeah but he still professes to believe in Jesus and it is the only reason why I don't debate atheists and debate you all instead. I can prove that the both of you falsely accuse me and believe in false doctrines.

DAN P

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Same gospel to all.

Hi and what does Gal 1:23 saying , and here is is , They has heard only that he which persecuted the faith which once he destroyed !

Then in verse 24 , And they GLORIFIED God in me !

Why were they GLORYIFYING God in him IF Paul was doing a bad thing??

The Greek word THEY HAD / EN is in the Greek INPERFECT TENSE , and since you believe you have the truth explain the IMPERFECT TENSE MEANING ??

dan p

musterion

Her view on salvation, like Cain before her-Genesis 4 KJV(to be delivered, preserved, from a danger):"I'm a rat, but, when compared to my fellow rats, I am not 'as dirty' as my fellow rats, as I am a 'bit cleaner,' so I must be saved."

It is that simple.

Yeppers.
The merit system instead of grace.

It's straight up Catholicism without the church.