Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

James was speaking of the works of and done in trust. Everything I do is done in trust...Selah.

You believe that your final glory is based on your present stewardship. It must follow that your good works will be weighed against his bad deeds on a scale at Judgment Day.

"tekel; thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting".

Daniel 5:27 KJV

I don't think you read those verses properly! And James meant exactly what he said, faith without works is dead! Your going on about doing no works, yet the scriptures say totally the opposite! As i said, those born of God, do the works of God!

You do realise that it was God judging Belshazzar don't you you? And you certainly aren't God, and you cannot judge me or anyone else, get down off your high horse!

Truster

I don't think you read those verses properly! And James meant exactly what he said, faith without works is dead! Your going on about doing no works, yet the scriptures say totally the opposite! As i said, those born of God, do the works of God!

You do realise that it was God judging Nebuchadnezzar's son don't you? And you certainly aren't God, and you cannot judge me or anyone else, get down off your high horse!

You are a proponent of salvation by works and you condemn those of us who live by trust. In doing so the scriptures condemn you.

"The just shall live by trust (faith)" Nothing about works in that verse... THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY TRUST amen.

marhig

You are a proponent of salvation by works and you condemn those of us who live by trust. In doing so the scriptures condemn you.

"The just shall live by trust (faith)" Nothing about works in that verse... THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY TRUST amen.

I haven't condemned anyone, unlike you, that's all you do! Would you like to show me posts where i have condemned others? I don't see myself as elect and above others and I'm not there to judge, i just speak the truth and leave the judging to God as he's the only one who knows the depths of our hearts. But what i do know is that we are to obey him and live by his will, and those who go against obeying God, don't speak the truth!

Also, if we have true faith in God, then we will do the works of God to please him!

Truster

I haven't condemned anyone, unlike you, that's all you do! Would you like to show me posts where i have condemned others? I don't see myself as elect and above others and I'm not there to judge, i just speak the truth and leave the judging to God as he's the only one who knows the depths of our hearts. But what i do know is that we are to obey him and live by his will, and those who go against obeying God, don't speak the truth!

Also, if we have true faith in God, then we will do the works of God to please him!

We* are told to judge all things and I obey. That is my work.

We* the redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

marhig

We are told to judge all things and I obey. That is my work.
I'll leave the last word with our Lord Jesus Christ

Matthew 7

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Truster

I'll leave the last word with our Lord Jesus Christ

Matthew 7

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

That statement was directed at hypocrites and not the regenerate.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Truster and his supporters are the hypocrites to the core.

they have no understanding of what it is to follow Jesus.

Unfortunately, this is the spirit of elitism and majority of Christian community.

If this is judging, then so be it.

Jesus says to judge rightly.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, this is the spirit of elitism and majority of Christian community.

You just get more and more judgmental and bitter towards others, Meshak.

Truster

So let me just get this right. You have me on ignore, but you address me and send me a PM. You are as weird and two faced as they come.

Spockrates

To make sure you have understood what I meant.

Obedience to the resurrected sinner is as natural as breathing was to the resurrected Lazarus.

Falling into sin for the redeemed man is like holding his breath. He can't do it for long and he doesn't enjoy it either.

Thanks. So when I think of holding my breath, it's something my flesh fights against. Takes much effort and can't do it for long. When I think of breathing, it's quite natural for my flesh, occurs with little effort and requires no conscious thought.

Are you saying, then that it takes a great deal of effort for a resurrected sinner to give in to temptation and it takes little effort at all to resist it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spockrates

Dear Spockrates,

You are heading in the right direction. God loves those who SEEK HIM OUT!! So wise are they then. You must understand that the Love in this love-fear relationship is that the Love is so overwhelmingly strong and the bond between you and God will never end. It is highly improbable indeed. Unless you take the path of Satan back down to where he's at.

The fear involved is to revere God as your father who lives in Heaven. You essentially ask Him to be your Father. Jesus taught us this. It is written, "Fear God, and give glory to Him, for the 'hour' of His judgement is come; and worship Him Who made Heaven and Earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." See Rev. 14:7KJV.

What this means, Spock, is that you are learning at just the right time! We are in the very last days before Jesus' returning for us. Embrace God and His Son, and the Holy Ghost, and you will be so blessed and lucky that you did it just in the right amount of time. Do it for your eternal life. You shall live forever. Not bad, eh? I know you may not want to live forever, but when you see what God has in mind for us, you will realize that you chose the right way!! Be smart, be wise, don't join the fallen!

Fear God is to respect Him, and to try to do what He says. If you falter along the way, He is ready to forgive you and let you grow, but resist the devil, and he shall flee from you! He's terrified of God and I know firsthand what's going on. If you want to know a lot more, follow my instructions, if you really care to find out what is going on right now in these days on Earth.

I've experienced a lot of angel visits and visions, and visits from the Lord Himself. I kept telling everyone one or two persons at a time, and it got to be frustrating trying to retell my long story/ testimony to each person. So I prayed to the Lord what to do, and He told me to write some of my most basic and important experiences for others to read. My book is available in the downtown Phoenix Library since 2003, and it is Free there. If you want to buy a copy, you have to order it from Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com for $14.95. But, if you want a FREE copy of my book, I have also taken care of that. Follow my instructions below to read what I've gone through. Why I am a witness giving the testimony of what I have seen and heard to the rest of my brethren.

Go to www.jesusreturningverysoon.com

Once there, left click on the words "Book Copy" on the upper left side of the picture of Jesus. After you click that, click on "SKU-text2.pdf" My book will come up but you will only see the first page, which is blank. The first two pages are blank, because they are for an autograph and reader's notes. On the 3rd page, you will see the Title of the book, "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen." You can flip through the pages by using your up and down or left and right arrow cursor keys, for some. You can read the whole book off of the computer screen, or download it to your computer, or print it out. It's totally up to you and it is FREE. Freely I received my Testimony and so Freely I try to give it. There is so much more that has happened to me that is hardly included in the book, but you will be wise to read the book, and know some of the secrets going on right now, and how there is very little time before Jesus returns and you don't want to miss that train ride at all, so Godspeed and act quickly.

There, I have done what I can for now. Later, if you have questions, let me know.

In Christ, Much Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael

Thank you, Michael

Truster

Thanks. So when I think of holding my breath, it's something my flesh fights against. Takes much effort and can't do it for long. When I think of breathing, it's quite natural for my flesh, occurs with little effort and requires no conscious thought.

Are you saying, then that it takes a great deal of effort for a resurrected sinner to give in to temptation and it takes little effort at all to resist it?

In regard to resisting sin David explains this in Psalm 23 "He leadeth me in the paths of justness for His name's sake". And we are told to pray "lead us not into temptation". This means that we are kept from sin in the most part, but when first saved there are many, many struggles, failures and fights. When we come through these times we have often beaten down the temptation or been humbled by the sin.

The battle against sin is continual and constant, but less so as we walk on. I once fought a sin for 18 months. 5,6,7 or more times a day. You'd think that after that battle it would have been killed in the root, but it sprang up again.

The problem with sin is it lives in us*, in our flesh. Then sin from without that comes as temptation has many disguises. Again in Amazing Grace John Newton declares, 'Through many danger, trails and snares I have already come. Twas grace that saw me safe thus far and grace shall see me home".

I once read that if a man considers himself to be humble. The sin of pride has caught him...

us* the regenerate.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Truster,

I gave you comment on you post to show how your judgements are so so biased.

You just gave oatmeal who is non-trin thanks just because he agreed with you.

You have been condemning all non-trins as wicked but you make exceptions to those who agree with you.

Like I said you have no concept of hypocrisy.

Your faith is all about you not Jesus nor God.

You are lord of yourself.

I gave you that comment to show you the mirror of yourself.

I will not debate about Christianity with you because you are satan's helper. But I will expose your wicked deeds.

Truster

this is what you thanked him who is non-trin, truster.
It is this thread post #24.
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?124691-Author-of-the-epistle-to-the-Hebrews/page3

I read a post in which he spoke of free will and I withdrew my statement in the thread on Hebrews (post 25)

For someone who has me on ignore you do a nifty impersonation of a stalker.

I give anyone the benefit of the doubt until the spirit working in them reveals the filth they have been taught, believed and are passing on like a plague. Just like you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I read a post in which he spoke of free will and I withdrew my statement in the thread on Hebrews (post 25)

For someone who has me on ignore you do a nifty impersonation of a stalker.

You are busted, wicked one.

I will still exposed your wicked behavior.

You are enemy of Jesus.

Spockrates

Foundation.

In regard to resisting sin David explains this in Psalm 23 "He leadeth me in the paths of justness for His name's sake". And we are told to pray "lead us not into temptation". This means that we are kept from sin in the most part, but when first saved there are many, many struggles, failures and fights. When we come through these times we have often beaten down the temptation or been humbled by the sin.

The battle against sin is continual and constant, but less so as we walk on. I once fought a sin for 18 months. 5,6,7 or more times a day. You'd think that after that battle it would have been killed in the root, but it sprang up again.

The problem with sin is it lives in us*, in our flesh. Then sin from without that comes as temptation has many disguises. Again in Amazing Grace John Newton declares, 'Through many danger, trails and snares I have already come. Twas grace that saw me safe thus far and grace shall see me home".

I once read that if a man considers himself to be humble. The sin of pride has caught him...

us* the regenerate.

Thanks. It seems to me that praying, "Lead me not into temptation," is an illogical thing to ask of God. For does God ever tempt anyone? Consider the truth of James' words:

James 1:13-14 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

It would be reasonable to interpret James to say this:

"When tempted, no one should say, 'God is [leading me into temptation].' For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he [lead] anyone [into temptation]. ..."

But is James mistaken and God does indeed tempt us, unless we ask Him to refrain from doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.