Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Truster,

Your wickedness is easy to spot because you give yourself title of "holy and sinless" which only Jesus can claim.

You make yourself equal to Jesus.

You are epitome of wickedness.

Spockrates

Then why do you ask so many questions which you can find out for yourself by reading His word?

Why so many doubts?

I doubt not the truth of His word but my ability to correctly understand it. For example, some things Jesus said have different and even contrary possible meanings. Faced with such ambiguities, I have difficulty knowing what to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClimateSanity

I doubt not the truth of His word but my ability to correctly understand it. For example, some things Jesus said have different and even contrary possible meanings. Faced with such ambiguities, I have difficulty knowing what to believe.

That's smart to not take one interpretation and accept it. Some people seem flummoxed that there are a variety of ways to interpret a verse.

Truster

If it pleases Him and He converts you then you will know everything you need to know in that moment. Then as you go on you will have further revelation. At the moment your are in grave danger of getting an appetite for doctrine. If you then begin teaching others what you have gathered you'll be a blind guide and you'll end up in the pit with all those that listened to you.

My advice is leave religion alone and go fly fishing, for trout.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

If you understand the whole context of the Bible you will not go wrong following it.

No one has clear understanding of the Bible 100%.

Spockrates

If you understand the whole context of the Bible you will not go wrong following it.

No one has clear understanding of the Bible 100%.

That's the difficulty for me: Much of the broader context of the Bible is ambiguous (has different and contradictory probable meanings). Would you like to consider one example of Jesus' words with me?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's the difficulty for me: Much of the broader context of the Bible is ambiguous (has different and contradictory probable meanings). Would you like to consider one example of Jesus' words with me?

So you don't know the whole context of the Bible?

What has been said very often in both OT and NT?

Spockrates

If it pleases Him and He converts you then you will know everything you need to know in that moment. Then as you go on you will have further revelation. At the moment your are in grave danger of getting an appetite for doctrine. If you then begin teaching others what you have gathered you'll be a blind guide and you'll end up in the pit with all those that listened to you.

I believe I have a good lack of trust in religious denominations, for I have no idea which of them if any has the whole truth and nothing but. That being said, I wonder if separating myself from all of them is what's right for me. Paul makes some compelling arguments for contributing to a body of believers, I think.

Truster

I believe I have a good lack of trust in religious denominations, for I have no idea which of them if any has the whole truth and nothing but. That being said, I wonder if separating myself from all of them is what's right for me. Paul makes some compelling arguments for contributing to a body of believers, I think.

You are not in the body and what I was concerned about is actually happening. You just tried to teach me.

Spockrates

So you don't know the whole context of the Bible?

What has been said very often in both OT and NT?

I apprehend (know the words) of a great deal of the OT and NT. I don't comprehend (understand the correct meaning) of a good deal of the important passages of both.

Spockrates

You are not in the body and what I was concerned about is actually happening. You just tried to teach me.

My apologies for giving that false impression. I was actually speaking of myself, not you. What the scriptures move me to do (find a denomination to call my home) may not be the same thing they compel you to do, I think.

Truster

My apologies for giving that false impression. I was actually speaking of myself, not you. What the scriptures move me to do (find a denomination to call my home) may not be the same thing they compel you to do, I think.

You are not saved. If you continue in the path you are on then you may well end up like many on here. False brethren. Salvation and the true worship of the Eternal Almighty is not some internet game.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber".

The door is salvation by regeneration. You are trying to climb in by accumulating knowledge.

Spockrates

That's smart to not take one interpretation and accept it. Some people seem flummoxed that there are a variety of ways to interpret a verse.

Yeah, yeah! So why do you think Scripture is ambiguous? I mean, let's say God had complete control over the words used. Can you see a reason why He'd choose words that are less clear over words whose meaning would have no doubt?

Stevo1

I have been reading through these posts and can't believe the words that are coming out of Truster

I think Truster, you should change your name to legion because their are many devils i am hearing in you posts, i can here the Christ in other posts but not yours i Hope that one day you might see it for yourself.

Look what happened to Lucifer when he tried to be God because i think that is what you are trying to be, can't you see the humbleness of the people who are trying to talk to you. This might seem weird to you but these people would love to hear God in you but you must become humble yourself first that is the only way to God as he is the only one who can raise you in the spirit.

Sorry to be blunt but you make it so obvious hatred is in your heart and you have built you house with no foundation.

ClimateSanity

Yeah, yeah! So why do you think Scripture is ambiguous? I mean, let's say God had complete control over the words used. Can you see a reason why He'd choose words that are less clear over words whose meaning would have no doubt?

It's not Gods fault. It takes rebirth to correctly understand the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.