Sabbath

keypurr

It never ceases to amaze me how adamant others are in rejecting a day off...lol

...and only 1 of the laws is optional or no longer binding...or how badly scripture is tortured to insert Sunday keeping into it when the Church readily admits it was a sign of her alleged authority to change it...

Alas...lets pray we don't have to break the Sabbath by fleeing in our coming times of trouble...

I do not concern myself with the coming times of trouble.

With Christ I feel safe.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

clefty

I do not concern myself with the coming times of trouble.

With Christ I feel safe.

Yes, I know...

is why I think it striking that He doesn't instruct us to pray we are spared or ok in our times of trouble...I guess that would be redundant since we are in Him...and in His hands...

what He asks us to pray is that we don't need to flee and break the Sabbath in our times of trouble...

I guess as it would give us comfort and rest during our time of trouble...and a powerful testimony that the Sabbath was still kept as that is who we are...

Yup...No prayers to spare ourselves or Jerusalem or the temple...just the Sabbath...

keypurr

Yes, I know...

is why I think it striking that He doesn't instruct us to pray we are spared or ok in our times of trouble...I guess that would be redundant since we are in Him...and in His hands...

what He asks us to pray is that we don't need to flee and break the Sabbath in our times of trouble...

I guess as it would give us comfort and rest during our time of trouble...and a powerful testimony that the Sabbath was still kept as that is who we are...

Yup...No prayers to spare ourselves or Jerusalem or the temple...just the Sabbath...
Most do not understand the importance of keeping the Laws in the spirit, or why we do. They shout out weak faith based on law keeping instead of caring enough about loving our creator to keep them. They see it as a wage paid for salvation. Fools they are.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sure! HalleluYah is why I pray and wish to do "His will...on earth as it is in Heaven..." Notice it is not called the Son's will but refers to the Father His OT will...

Is why I can see by their fruit which spirit others are following ...His Spirit His way or man his traditions...

I said
ROFLOL You haven't entered yet. Your just running a little camofluage now.

keypurr

I said
What is one suppose to do on that day? Do you worship on that day? Or do you just rest?
I spend the day doing nothing but being grateful for all the blessing he has given me. I see him as the most high God who created all through his son. I reflect on his greatness and the love he has given me.

I seem closer to him on his day. Even though I pray to him everyday, his Sabbath is special. It is like discarding the world to be with him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It never ceases to amaze me how adamant others are in rejecting a day off...lol

...and only 1 of the laws is optional or no longer binding...or how badly scripture is tortured to insert Sunday keeping into it when the Church readily admits it was a sign of her alleged authority to change it...

Alas...lets pray we don't have to break the Sabbath by fleeing in our coming times of trouble...

Oh and of course "we are follow to the Spirit" they insist as if the Spirit would ever guide us outside His law...to partake in Sunday Ham...

I said
lol There you go again talking in riddles. What does that mean?

you said
Oh and of course "we are follow to the Spirit"

clefty

Most do not understand the importance of keeping the Laws in the spirit, or why we do. They shout out weak faith based on law keeping instead of caring enough about loving our creator to keep them. They see it as a wage paid for salvation. Fools they are.

Fools?...perhaps but I see them as merely deceived...Satan has worked doubly hard at this commandment...first by having it be seen as Jewish...then as something fulfilled and abolished as if it were merely a ceremonial law done by Jews...he then has them think it has been transferred into everyday rest or Sunday resurrection celebrations when He never said anything about become a Sabbath day...or that we should celebrate His resurrection...which I maintain occured on the Sabbath not first day first fruits celebrations...

Maybe as we speak of our joy and understanding to each other we can witness the blessing it is in our lives...

Satan was genius having the Church merit salvation by doing Her works as the backlash against her obligations and man made traditions propelled the reformers into Grace only...even Luther struggled with the idea there remains for us His work His celebrations His sacraments to follow...Protestants are now lost not in space but Grace with no real tangible evidence that they are indeed obedient and can demonstrate their gratitude by doing His works...that alone is a sacrament...the comfort of knowing you belong to Him His promise His way...His people...

To think Sunday mass is an obligation...but even it is no longer enforced by refusal of the Host if the mortal sin of missing it is not confessed...

The wording is interesting to...they are obligated to assist in the mass...assist in the perpetual killing of the One we love...

Hoping to hear more of your joy and blessing for rejecting that...and keeping Him His way...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The law is spiritual, I guess you did not read when we keep the law in our hearts and minds. Christ came not to destroy the law but to magnify it. The law is kept out of love not for salvation. The law is not a burden for the "set apart" who worship in the spirit. You can not earn salvation friend. It is a gift.

I said
Magnify??????? Jesus cane to fulfill. Now look at the definition according to strongs dictionary.

Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
(NKJ)

4137 pleroo (play-ro'-o);

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:

KJV-- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I know...

I said
lolol Well it seems you have stired up some contravery over the Sabbath with a few in here. I don't know why they would listen to you. You are an anti Christ. And full of guile.

keypurr

Fools?...perhaps but I see them as merely deceived...Satan has worked doubly hard at this commandment...first by having it be seen as Jewish...then as something fulfilled and abolished as if it were merely a ceremonial law done by Jews...he then has them think it has been transferred into everyday rest or Sunday resurrection celebrations when He never said anything about become a Sabbath day...or that we should celebrate His resurrection...which I maintain occured on the Sabbath not first day first fruits celebrations...

Maybe as we speak of our joy and understanding to each other we can witness the blessing it is in our lives...

Satan was genius having the Church merit salvation by doing Her works as the backlash against her obligations and man made traditions propelled the reformers into Grace only...even Luther struggled with the idea there remains for us His work His celebrations His sacraments to follow...Protestants are now lost not in space but Grace with no real tangible evidence that they are indeed obedient and can demonstrate their gratitude by doing His works...that alone is a sacrament...the comfort of knowing you belong to Him His promise His way...His people...

To think Sunday mass is an obligation...but even it is no longer enforced by refusal of the Host if the mortal sin of missing it is not confessed...

The wording is interesting to...they are obligated to assist in the mass...assist in the perpetual killing of the One we love...

Hoping to hear more of your joy and blessing for rejecting that...and keeping Him His way...
The spirit of Christ keeps me comfortable and safe. I have food in my stomach, a roof over my head and oil in my furnace. And I am happy to be old and poor.

How many realize that they have many blessings like that?

clefty

I said
lol There you go again talking in riddles. What does that mean?

you said
Oh and of course "we are follow to the Spirit"

No riddle at all...it often comes up that we are not to keep the Law...but follow the Spirit...

It is said as if the Spirit would lead us into fornication, or stealing, or killing, or worshipping false gods, or worshipping the true One falsely...

Of course the Spirit would NOT do so...but lead you into a life more like His not less...and to have you love more like Him and not less...

A Spirit filled life is His Spirit...it doesn't counter or alter or deviate down another way which is NOT of HIM...

So of all the spirits out there the One to follow is the One that inspires you to live and love JUST AS He did and not to earn salvation but because you are aware of all that was done for you...

This is why Sabbath is such a great memorial...when you remember it you remember you were created to start with...and saved from sin...it's all right there...

Any variation of it into everyday rest or any day really doesn't validate exactly what His rest is...a memorial for all that was done for you to rest...and even a shadow pointing of the good things STILL TO COME

Yup...six days hard labor and anyone becomes quite grateful to merely rest...

Satan has been clever in getting us to work less manually physically and even less hours and less days...now we have two days off...so rest is really not that precious as any needed item is especially if it's rare...

and for hard workers a day off is gold...

keypurr

I said
Magnify??????? Jesus cane to fulfill. Now look at the definition according to strongs dictionary.

Matt 5:17
17"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
(NKJ)

4137 pleroo (play-ro'-o);

from 4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:

KJV-- accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply.
We all need to fulfil that Law friend.

Christ came to show is how. He preached as to how and in what way to keep his law. It got to be done in the spirit only for your love to him who loved you first. The law will not save you but a loving heart will my friend.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I spend the day doing nothing but being grateful for all the blessing he has given me. I see him as the most high God who created all through his son. I reflect on his greatness and the love he has given me.

I seem closer to him on his day. Even though I pray to him everyday, his Sabbath is special. It is like discarding the world to be with him.

I said
That is great. But I just hate to see you loose out because you support clefty on making the Sabbath a law in the new testament. I like the Sabbath also.

Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

We don't even know what clefty is yet. He is not a Christian, he is not a Jew. but you are supporting him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The spirit of Christ keeps me comfortable and safe. I have food in my stomach, a roof over my head and oil in my furnace. And I am happy to be old and poor.

How many realize that they have many blessings like that?

I said
I can only show you. Its up to you whether you believe Jesus or not.

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Matt 5:22
22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
That is great. But I just hate to see you loose out because you support clefty on making the Sabbath a law in the new testament. I like the Sabbath also.

Rom 14:22
22Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
(NKJ)

We don't even know what clefty is yet. He is not a Christian, he is not a Jew. but you are supporting him.
I support the Law only because God gave it. Clergy seems OK with me but I have been keeping his law for many years. It was one of the biggest reasons I left the church. The church just picks the laws that they choose to keep.

keypurr

I said
I can only show you. Its up to you whether you believe Jesus or not.

Matt 12:34-37
34"Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37"For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Matt 5:22
22"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
(NKJ)
Obedience to the law should come from the heart. For the right reasons. It is the spirit that resides in you that will guide your thoughts. I choose to love as Christ taught me.