Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Prostitutes are reported to have the highest incidence of rapes. Though many go unreported, the rates are said to be considerably above that of any country's average female population.

You should acknowledge the supreme inconsistency in that claim there. I think everybody should. It's a variant of the more general claim that 'half of all rapes go unreported'. Are we psychic now? Or is the feminist lobby just being a 'myth machine' like it's proven to be many times before..

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Well okay then. So we can agree that the only reason anyone of any gender sexually assaults someone is for one reason: they are evil. Yes?

That's an incredibly simplistic/black-and-white understanding of human conduct.

I don't think it's necessarily the case that someone rapes someone simply because he's evil and a monster, i.e., incurably and monstrously vicious.

He might be. He might not be. I don't know. "Who am I to judge?"

But if you are asking whether the woman is ever the efficient cause of her being raped, then I'll answer: "Clearly not...by definition."

Furthermore, none of this has anything to do with the initial context of my posting, i.e., that liberal feminists have, in effect, redefined rape to include things that have nothing to do at all with actual rapes.

ClimateSanity

What? You're joking, right? Given the choice, I'd choose rape any day of the week. Ask that female soldier who it was that got the worst of the deal.....she, who was raped, or the men who were tortured. Nah...you're joking. You gotta be.

I was being absurd. Some of the PC crowd might have thought I "got religion" though. Sorry to burst their bubble.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's an incredibly simplistic/black-and-white understanding of human conduct.

What is to understand? With the exception of cases where one person is slightly under the legal age and one is over, all other cases of rape are done without consent. When there is no consent, the act is evil because one is forcing himself on the other.

I don't think it's necessarily the case that someone rapes someone simply because he's evil and a monster, i.e., incurably and monstrously vicious.

The actual definition of rape is here:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/blog/updated-definition-rape

So yes, someone who forces sex on another person is an evil, vicious monster.

He might be. He might not be. I don't know. "Who am I to judge?"

IF you are not able to judge whether or not rapists are evil and forcible rape is always an act of evil, what are else are you incapable of judging? Seriously Traditio, it's pretty straight forward.

You can simply ask yourself how you feel about someone forcing themselves sexually on someone you care about. That should tell you all you need to know.

But if you are asking whether the woman is ever the efficient cause of her being raped, then I'll answer: "Clearly not...by definition."

Rape is a forced, sexual assault ... what other definition do you require?

Furthermore, it has nothing to do with the initial context of my posting, i.e., that liberal feminists have, in effect, redefined rape to include things that have nothing to do at all with actual rapes.

Perhaps you should define what you believe constitutes "an actual rape".

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
When there is no consent, the act is evil because one is forcing himself on the other.

I fully grant that rape, properly and strictly understood, constitutes a grave act of injustice and, as such, is evil.

Doesn't follow.

IF you are not able to judge whether or not rapists are evil and forcible rape is always an act of evil, what are else are you incapable of judging? Seriously Traditio, it's pretty straight forward.

I fully grant that rape is an act of injustice. I fully grant that rape is evil. What I do not grant is that a single act of a kind x makes a person characteristically someone of that kind. As Aristotle says, a single act of injustice does not in and of itself make a person characteristically or habitually unjust.

In point of fact, rape is such a seriously grave act that it might very well be the case that the person who does it really is habitually and characteristically just evil and rotten.

But I don't know that. I can't look into a person's heart and see his motivations, his thoughts, his ingrained states of character, etc.

I'll leave such things to the Just Judge, and rest content simply in noting that rape, as such, always constitutes an unjust act.

What I am simply unwilling to do is point the finger in judgment at someone and cry: "No mitigating factors! No excuses even in the slightest! No redeeming qualities! Irredeemably and irreformably GUILTY AND WORTHLESS!"

And in the event that any rape victims are reading, I do wish to admonish you to recall the words of Our Lord:

"But I say to you, love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you" (Matthew 5:44).

Perhaps you should define what you believe constitutes "an actual rape".

1. Negatively speaking, see the case, presented by OkDozer, to which I initially was responding, my response to which you yourself responded. In my view, that wasn't rape.

2. Positively speaking: rape is making sexual use of another by force, contrary to the will of that other. Where there is no threat of violence, where there is no force, etc., in my view, there is no rape.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The actual definition of rape is here:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/blog/updated-definition-rape

:think:

Furthermore, because many rapes are facilitated by drugs or alcohol, the new definition recognizes that a victim can be incapacitated and thus unable to consent because of ingestion of drugs or alcohol.

i demand recognition that my evil, vicious monster of a wife often raped me when i was incapacitated because of ingestion of alcohol and thus was unable to consent! :sibbie:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. Negatively speaking, see the case, presented by OkDozer, to which I initially was responding, my response to which you yourself responded. In my view, that wasn't rape.

He's on ignore ... as anyone who uses the word *deserves* in regards to rape victims should be.

2. Positively speaking: rape is making sexual use of another by force, contrary to the will of that other. Where there is no threat of violence, where there is no force, etc., in my view, there is no rape.

I am not speaking of consensual sex. That should clear things up.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The glaring logical fallacy of SOD's position is that if somebody truly deserved to be raped then the person committing the rape is justified to do it and no crime has been committed.

Except he never said or implied that. Hes always maintained the rapist is 100 percent guilty of what HE did and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Its not either/or, its been pretended to be that way.

glorydaz

He's on ignore ... as anyone who uses the word *deserves* in regards to rape victims should be.

I am not speaking of consensual sex. That should clear things up.

Rusha thinks a woman's bad behavior should have no consequences. She thinks no woman deserves to suffer for their bad behavior.

Unlike men who deserve whatever they get. They deserve to suffer from dawn to dusk....and all through the night, as well. Nasty men. :chuckle:

bybee

Rusha thinks a woman's bad behavior should have no consequences. She thinks no woman deserves to suffer for their bad behavior.

Unlike men who deserve whatever they get. They deserve to suffer from dawn to dusk....and all through the night, as well. Nasty men. :chuckle:

You are quite presumptuous in your erroneous conclusions.

musterion

No, He loves me.....not because I deserve it, however.
You can't admit you don't deserve God's love, can you? That's a hard pill for many to swallow. :think:

He loves us, but by nature we are children of wrath. Apart from Christ, we are His enemies in our minds because of our evil behavior. What we DESERVE is His condemnation, for all have sinned.

Thankfully, GRACE is all about saying, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

bybee

He loves us, but by nature we are children of wrath. Apart from Christ, we are His enemies in our minds because of our evil behavior. What we DESERVE is His condemnation, for all have sinned.

Thankfully, GRACE is all about saying, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

Agreed! The grace of God which passes all understanding is mine through the action on the Cross. Thanks be to God.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

I'm surprised to see that attitude on, as far as I can tell, an otherwise predominantly conservative and Christian site.

The Bible strongly frowns upon rebellious women. He didn't create women to be troublesome to men. I don't quite get the idea of feminism and Christianity having anything to do with each other honestly. It's like an outright embracing of the enmity spoken of in Genesis- the exact opposite of what is holy.

bybee

You're wrong as usual, Bybee. This is getting to be quite the habit with you.

Now, now, it is not so bad to be called on your peccadilloes!
If you would consent to unharden your heart and let the Love of God penetrate you might learn compassion and mercy and forgiveness...even love, eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.