The Truth About Melchizedek

God's Truth

God's Law is in the Decalogue and I didn't find the commandment to sacrifice a lamb. See now how much you know of God's Word? Amazing! Isn't it? BTW, I found Jeremiah 7:22 that says that the Lord never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. How do you suggest to me to sacrifice a lamb?

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;

Have you reread what you wrote above? You are giving me the alternative to either sacrifice a lamb or come to God through Jesus. I did not know that Christianity offered that option.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

RBBI

Actually no, he wasn't. He was as Isaac in type, because HaShem provided the offering. The offering was His Seed; Yeshua is to be praised as our example of what to do, because he agreed to go along with the sacrifice when he could have gone against the Spirit, as the flesh wars with the Spirit continually, which is the battle we saw recorded in the garden between the will of the flesh man and the will of the Spirit man. If the flesh of Him was of the same substance as HaShem, which the Seed was/is, there would have been no battle to record.

The Holy Seed IS the firstfruits offering, who came to show us the way to the Father. You can't return to a place you've never been before and Yeshua had never been to the Father. But He who ascended is He who first descended, and He who descended was not flesh and blood of man.

If you can't SEE the offering, you can't give the offering. It's vital that you see the difference between the flesh and the Spirit, IN HIM, as well as in yourself. The Spirit divides asunder the flesh and spirit, even in Him. Press in.

Melchisedek was obviously the Seed, in another form. No one else has no beginning and no end. Peace

Ben Masada

The Truth about Melchizedek

Exodus 29:38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight. 40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the Lord.

42 “For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the tent of meeting, before the Lord. There I will meet you and speak to you;

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

Are you implying that Jesus was lying when he said that he had come to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter as we have in Mat. 5:17-19 and now making of himself a sacrifice in contradiction to the Prophets who said that no one can be a sacrifice for the sins of anyone else? (Jer. 31:30; and Ezek. 18:20)

Wick Stick

Melchisedek was obviously the Seed, in another form. No one else has no beginning and no end. Peace
If you read the chapter in Hebrews with full comprehension, it is talking about recorded geneologies and bloodlines, specifically as regards legitimacy of priestly lines.

You are missing what is implied in the verses:

Without (a record of) father or mother, without (recorded) descent, having neither (a recorded) beginning of days nor end of life. He has become a facsimile of the Son of God; remaining a priest in perpetuity.

Ben Masada

Actually no, he wasn't. He was as Isaac in type, because HaShem provided the offering. The offering was His Seed; Yeshua is to be praised as our example of what to do, because he agreed to go along with the sacrifice when he could have gone against the Spirit, as the flesh wars with the Spirit continually, which is the battle we saw recorded in the garden between the will of the flesh man and the will of the Spirit man. If the flesh of Him was of the same substance as HaShem, which the Seed was/is, there would have been no battle to record.

The Holy Seed IS the firstfruits offering, who came to show us the way to the Father. You can't return to a place you've never been before and Yeshua had never been to the Father. But He who ascended is He who first descended, and He who descended was not flesh and blood of man.

If you can't SEE the offering, you can't give the offering. It's vital that you see the difference between the flesh and the Spirit, IN HIM, as well as in yourself. The Spirit divides asunder the flesh and spirit, even in Him. Press in.

And Melchizedek had a beginning and an end; only HaShem has no beginning and no end.

How could have Jesus agreed to go along with the sacrifice when he prayed for three times in the Gethsemane not to be sacrificed? Then he said, "Let thy will be done; not mine." Not mine! What was Jesus' will? Not to be sacrificed for no one, exactly according to the word of HaShem to His prophets that no one is allowed to sacrifice himself for another. (Jer. 31:30; and Ezek. 18:20)

RBBI

And Melchizedek had a beginning and an end; only HaShem has no beginning and no end.

How could have Jesus agreed to go along with the sacrifice when he prayed for three times in the Gethsemane not to be sacrificed? Then he said, "Let thy will be done; not mine." Not mine! What was Jesus' will? Not to be sacrificed for no one, exactly according to the word of HaShem to His prophets that no one is allowed to sacrifice himself for another. (Jer. 31:30; and Ezek. 18:20)

What you're seeing is the flesh warring against the Spirit, but the Spirit won. And no flesh man can sacrifice himself for another, but the Son Seed CAN. The act of creation was HaShem "lowering" Himself similar to a death, to create something lower than Himself. The Seed Son was simply following the pattern.

It was said we are gods, but we die like men. His point was not that we are "gods", but that we are dying like men. How then does a god die? No greater love has any man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend. Peace

God's Truth

Are you implying that Jesus was lying when he said that he had come to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter as we have in Mat. 5:17-19 and now making of himself a sacrifice in contradiction to the Prophets who said that no one can be a sacrifice for the sins of anyone else? (Jer. 31:30; and Ezek. 18:20)

Jesus came and gave the guidelines for a new blood covenant.

RBBI

If you read the chapter in Hebrews with full comprehension, it is talking about recorded geneologies and bloodlines, specifically as regards legitimacy of priestly lines.

You are missing what is implied in the verses:

Without (a record of) father or mother, without (recorded) descent, having neither (a recorded) beginning of days nor end of life. He has become a facsimile of the Son of God; remaining a priest in perpetuity.

So what you're saying basically is, an omission by a scribe or whoever in recording genealogy of one man would warrant a comment comparing him to the Son of God in the role of priesthood. Seriously? :chuckle: Peace

Ben Masada

What you're seeing is the flesh warring against the Spirit, but the Spirit won. And no flesh man can sacrifice himself for another, but the Son Seed CAN. The act of creation was HaShem "lowering" Himself similar to a death, to create something lower than Himself. The Seed Son was simply following the pattern.

It was said we are gods, but we die like men. His point was not that we are "gods", but that we are dying like men. How then does a god die? No greater love has any man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend. Peace

Jesus was flesh and bone just like any other human being. He proved so himself even after the so-called resurrection as an evidence that it didn't happen. Therefore, he did not sacrifice himself for no one even against the word of the Prophets. (Jer. 31:30; and Ezek. 18:20) Jesus was of the seed son but only as part of the People of Israel. "Israel is My son..." (Exod. 4:22,23)

Again, Jesus did not lay his life down willingly but against his will. The evidence is on the three prayers in the Gethsemane not to die on the cross. How long is the truth to be said till it be adopted?

Ben Masada

That is easy to prove.

The Bible says God gave Moses the commands about sacrificing animals. You say Moses made up the commands.

Once more, Moses had to use of Pichuach Nephesh to add the sacrifices in order to make the Exodus easier to happen. From then on, sacrifices were embellished as if from HaShem Himself. Why would His own Prophet Jeremiah lie by denying that the Lord never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel? (Jer. 7:22)Use your commonsense for once in your lifetime.

Ben Masada

Jesus came and gave the guidelines for a new blood covenant.

Still against the word of the Lord through the Prophets that no one can covenant himself to shed his blood for another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

God's Truth

Once more, Moses had to use of Pichuach Nephesh to add the sacrifices in order to make the Exodus easier to happen. From then on, sacrifices were embellished as if from HaShem Himself. Why would His own Prophet Jeremiah lie by denying that the Lord never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel? (Jer. 7:22)Use your commonsense for once in your lifetime.

You do not understand Jeremiah 7:22, and for that you call all the scriptures false where the LORD God tells Moses about sacrifices.

You have no commons sense.

God's Truth

Still against the word of the Lord through the Prophets that no one can covenant himself to shed his blood for another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

You do not understand the scriptures because you do not believe and obey the New Testament.

All you have are worthless opinions.

If you want to get knowledge about the Word of God, do what Jesus says in the New Testament, then wisdom and knowledge will be given to you.

Ben Masada

You do not understand Jeremiah 7:22, and for that you call all the scriptures false where the LORD God tells Moses about sacrifices.

You have no commons sense.

If I do not Understand Jeremiah, why don't you explain to me what he meant by the Lord never commanded animal sacrifices? (Jer. 7:22)

Ben Masada

If I do not Understand Jeremiah, why don't you explain to me what he meant by the Lord never commanded animal sacrifices? (Jer. 7:22)

Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: "In speaking to your fathers on the day I brought them out of the Land of Egypt, I GAVE THEM NO COMMANDMENT CONCERNING HOLOCAUST OR SACRIFICES." (Jer. 7:22)

It happened though that, after 430 years in Egypt watching daily how the Egyptians offered their sacrifices to their gods, the Israelites could not conceive of a religion without sacrifices. It is only obvious that without that form of ritual, the Israelites would not accept the "gospel" of Moses. That's when Moses had to use of Pichuach Nephesh in order to bring Exodus to fruition. Pichuach Nephesh is an allowance in Judaism to wave a commandment of the Law in order to fulfill another more important. And that's what happened. Moses had to add sacrifices according to the other nations and get out of Egypt. It was a mistake though because, that allowance caused most of the problems among the Israelites as idolatry was concerned.

God's Truth

He says he did not 'JUST' give them commands about burnt offerings.

Jeremiah 7:22 For when I brought your ancestors out of Egypt and spoke to them, I did not just give them commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices,

God's Truth

Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: "In speaking to your fathers on the day I brought them out of the Land of Egypt, I GAVE THEM NO COMMANDMENT CONCERNING HOLOCAUST OR SACRIFICES." (Jer. 7:22)

It happened though that, after 430 years in Egypt watching daily how the Egyptians offered their sacrifices to their gods, the Israelites could not conceive of a religion without sacrifices. It is only obvious that without that form of ritual, the Israelites would not accept the "gospel" of Moses. That's when Moses had to use of Pichuach Nephesh in order to bring Exodus to fruition. Pichuach Nephesh is an allowance in Judaism to wave a commandment of the Law in order to fulfill another more important. And that's what happened. Moses had to add sacrifices according to the other nations and get out of Egypt. It was a mistake though because, that allowance caused most of the problems among the Israelites as idolatry was concerned.

God killed to of Aaron's sons because they added fire to the worship of God that God did not command.

God does not accept people making up things.

You want to teach that God allowed Moses to teach the Jews how to do what pagans did.

God says plainly not to worship Him the way pagans worship.

Deuteronomy 12:4 You must not worship the LORD your God in their way.

Deuteronomy 12:29"When the LORD your God cuts off before you the nations which you are going in to dispossess, and you dispossess them and dwell in their land, 30beware that you are not ensnared to follow them, after they are destroyed before you, and that you do not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How do these nations serve their gods, that I also may do likewise?' 31"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their go