Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Adam failed in his responsibility to Eve. Had he lived up to his Headship, he would have refused the fruit.

did adam know what eve was giving him?

He would have obeyed God and he would have instructed Eve on proper behavior. Remember, God did not tell Eve not to eat of the forbidden fruit, he told Adam.

eve knew

sez so in scripture

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
just so's you know

rusha is a hell-bound perverted God-rejecter

and bybee is, i suspect, suffering from dementia

And koban is a spooky, envious attention-seeker who has burned through a couple of different ID's ...

:)

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
just so's you know

rusha is a hell-bound perverted God-rejecter

and bybee is, i suspect, suffering from dementia

They certainly spend a whole lot of time on this subject for posters who still can't comprehend anyone else's views accurately :chuckle:

This poster 'sum1sgruj' keeps being brought up, apparently someone who was Muslim and converted to Catholicism.

I don't even know the legitimacy of that, though. They tend to, at best, misrepresent others. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the poster was accused just as I am of being Islamic, and then that accusation became something more.

It would take something like a year or more for that sort of transformation- the Church isn't in the business, at least not anymore, in simply dunking someone in water and naming them among the laity.
It's a long process of learning and committing- they make sure that converts pretty much abandon any religious or moral structure they had before.

bybee

They certainly spend a whole lot of time on this subject for posters who still can't comprehend anyone else's views accurately :chuckle:

This poster 'sum1sgruj' keeps being brought up, apparently someone who was Muslim and converted to Catholicism.

I don't even know the legitimacy of that, though. They tend to, at best, misrepresent others. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the poster was accused just as I am of being Islamic, and then that accusation became something more.

It would take something like a year or more for that sort of transformation- the Church isn't in the business, at least not anymore, in simply dunking someone in water and naming them among the laity.
It's a long process of learning and committing- they make sure that converts pretty much abandon any religious or moral structure they had before.

FYI: Beware of Geeks bearing gifts....

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
This thread is WAY OUT man, way the heck out.

Hey, it's better then the same ol' *poor woman, never mind men, let's talk about what we can do to utterly forget problems that men suffer, it's all about women!*

~Hey look, an anti-feminist! Let's throw rocks at it!~

Feminist philosophy and liberalism are synonymous. I thought that may be some serious food for thought, perhaps looming at the Idolatress of Babylon and how it's a woman riding the Beasts back, but nah..
worshiping women is far more gratifying :chuckle:

What people have forgotten is that the entire reason Christianity was so potent before this liberal age is because they went about the whole matter how I do. It's just a fact, and I guess facts hurt Jack!
How does one possibly go about this being the Age of Revelation and yet think it's better then the past? That's sort of the contradiction with you all.
No theological direction, just a bunch of misguided lip service.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
...the Church isn't in the business, at least not anymore, in simply dunking someone in water and naming them among the laity.

they should reconsider - maybe set up a bungie tower

or maybe one of these:

super-soaker-s.gif

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
they should reconsider - maybe set up a bungie tower

or maybe one of these:

super-soaker-s.gif

bomb-bay.jpg

LOL

They may as well have back in the earlier ages. They would roll up to random villages and line everyone up in front of a bucket. *abra kadabra* ~Catholic™~

Then again, back in those times, the Church was basically the only Christianity there was and if one didn't want to be a Christian, there was always the alternative... Medieval Islam.
Yeah- if we think they are so bad in this age.. :chuckle:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Hey, it's better then the same ol' *poor woman, never mind men, let's talk about what we can do to utterly forget problems that men suffer, it's all about women!*

~Hey look, an anti-feminist! Let's throw rocks at it!~

Feminist philosophy and liberalism are synonymous. I thought that may be some serious food for thought, perhaps looming at the Idolatress of Babylon and how it's a woman riding the Beasts back, but nah..
worshiping women is far more gratifying :chuckle:

What people have forgotten is that the entire reason Christianity was so potent before this liberal age is because they went about the whole matter how I do. It's just a fact, and I guess facts hurt Jack!
How does one possibly go about this being the Age of Revelation and yet think it's better then the past? That's sort of the contradiction with you all.
No theological direction, just a bunch of misguided lip service.

You need to read this article by Father Ray Ryland of Catholic Answers: http://chastity.com/article/headship-in-marriage

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It is my opinion women should never have been given the right to vote.
:think: How do you feel about shoes?

Chew on that bone, why don't you. :crackup:
Is it a head bone? :plain:

The whole "feminism" debate is hard to get hands around. Which feminism? It's a bit like "statist". What it entails appears to have a great deal to do with who is arguing for or against it.

It might be productive to suggest particular expressions of feminism and have a talk about them, pro or con.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Nah, only a hypocrite would be against feminism and still reserve the right to vote.

Or, their obligation to vote is to offset the votes of other females. A household where only the husband votes is half of a household where the man and wife both vote.

Being that all men and women should be married, and a household able to have an agreed vote, feminism simply encourages the contrary; feminism is anti-family.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or, their obligation to vote is to offset the votes of other females.

That's almost as interesting as it in irrelevant ...

It really does bother you that women are allowed to vote, doesn't it? :)

The 5 solas

I think I'll pass on the near decade old book review. But I am interested in what you see as feminism today and what you believe its agenda is, how you oppose or support them.

Oh, I didn't even notice the date! Just goes to show, he was right.
I have already made my position clear in this thread...even in the OP.
I believe in male headship and authority in marriage.
I believe in equality with role distinctions.
I loathe the word feminism and how it is used today, I would never want the label placed on me. Although, outside of Sky, no one would ever place that label on me if they know me lol.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh, I didn't even notice the date! Just goes to show, he was right.
I have already made my position clear in this thread...even in the OP.
In general I get it. I'm trying to get at the particulars. That's where the angels and devils are oft located. :)

I believe in male headship and authority in marriage.
Okay. Sounds more like a particular religious distinction than a political one.

I believe in equality with role distinctions.
I don't know what you mean by that. Equality in what sense and role distinctions in what respect?

I loathe the word feminism and how it is used today,
Again, I'm not sure there is a uniform usage. It seems to have a lot in common with "PC"...a bit like beauty or your favorite sports team's chances.

I would never want the label placed on me. Although, outside of Sky, no one would ever place that label on me if they know me lol.
Palin called herself a feminist. So it might be a wider tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.