Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

So true. No "freewill" or cooperation of man plays any part in God's Reconciling His People to Himself.
For, in His Divine Purpose, God had already established this exchange of Imputations in eternity for all
His Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 KJV.

~~~~~

Amen, I Thank God that we can fellowship in these Mysteries of the Gospel !

beloved57

Unconditional Eternal Reprobation rejected by man !

Unconditional Eternal Reprobation rejected by man !

Man naturally cannot receive one of the Gospel Truths exemplifying the Gospel of God's Grace, that of Eternal Reprobation, by which God, for the Glory of His Justice, predetermined the fixed amount and damnation of millions upon millions, this without considering any foresight of their evil, of which He would Eternally dam them for ! Man believes that this Eternal Reprobation of the non elect without considering their sins initially does make God unjust, and unrighteous; This Gospel Truth being Illustrated by His hating esau before he had done any evil Rom 9:11-14

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Thats right, carnal reasoning looks at unconditional reprobation of the non elect, the hated as God being Unrighteous, and such reasoning is what Paul calls enmity towards God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Mans self righteous God hating heart by nature is at enmity with this Gospel Truth ! Paul knew and understood that !

beloved57

The Gospel of the Grace of God !

The Gospel of the Grace of God !

Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

There is no testifying of this specific Gospel, that of the Grace of God, without showing forth the Eternity of it, as Paul does here 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

And exactly what does it mean by the giving of Grace ? This is Saving Grace given to all whom God shall save in time, this grace was given them in their Surety Head and Mediator, Christ Jesus before the World began, and that specific Truth is taught in the Gospel of the Grace of God !

John writes in his Gospel how that it [Grace] is communicated to each of us in time by these words Jn 1:16

16 And of his fulness [Christ Jesus Mediator] have all we received[passively], and grace for grace.

In Him was a fulness of Grace stored for the entire election of Grace, or His Body the Church, and each member of His Body receives from Him as their Covenant and Mediator Head a fitting measure of that Grace given them in Him before the foundation Eph 4:7

7 But unto every one of us [His Body the Church] is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

This Grace is given in that it is an conferring or bestowal of, a meted out measure by the Sovereignty of God !

beloved57

The Gospel of the Grace of God ! cont

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Now why in our text does it say that Grace was given us [believers] in Christ Jesus BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN ?

Because this Saving Grace of the Eternal Covenant of Grace was to be bestowed upon all who were Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, and all for whom Christ Jesus was going to save, for Paul says it like this 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Note: The antichrist crowd believes that Christ came only to offer Salvation to sinners and make it possible to get saved, so they do not believe Paul here !

Now even those whom shall be saved in time by Grace Titus 2:11, though they did not have an actual physical being, they did have an Representative Being in their Head and Surety Christ Jesus by God's Purpose; This just as they had an representative being in adam by God's Purpose Acts 17:26 , and so hence the Grace was given them in the decree and purpose of God, and its given to them in the promise of God, and that which is given by God in decree and promise, must have an actual bestowment of it on them in time, since it was given them before time began 2 Tim 1:9

beloved57

So its preached in the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 that the Eternal Purpose of the Election of Grace, is the original source of Grace; and because the Eternal Purposes, Promises of God cannot fail, the Persons of the Elect, those called according to His Purpose Rom 8:28 must come come into actual realization of this Saving Grace in the time state; If each vessel of mercy, that was given grace in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9, doeth not in time experience a Saving, Sovereign Conversion, then 2 Tim 1:9 is a lie, Paul is a deceiver, and the Gospel of God's Grace is a false testimony !

Nanja

So its preached in the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24 that the Eternal Purpose of the Election of Grace, is the original source of Grace; and because the Eternal Purposes, Promises of God cannot fail, the Persons of the Elect, those called according to His Purpose Rom 8:28 must come come into actual realization of this Saving Grace in the time state; If each vessel of mercy, that was given grace in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9, doeth not in time experience a Saving, Sovereign Conversion, then 2 Tim 1:9 is a lie, Paul is a deceiver, and the Gospel of God's Grace is a false testimony !

Amen!

~~~~~

beloved57

Now this Grace given us [the saved] in Christ Jesus before the world began, it does correspond with God's Promise of Eternal Life before the world began Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Note: Eternal Life is not an offer to all people without exception, nor is it said to be made available to the same, however it is premised upon a Divine Promise originating from before the world began, to a seed Gal 3:16,18

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

The inheritance by promise here is none other than Eternal Life, also called the Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Eternal Life is also a promise of Grace and Salvation, for instance the Grace of Life here meaneth Salvation 1 Pet 3:7

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Heirs together as in Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And here Grace means Salvation 1 Pet 1:10

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

This Grace was given in Grant, Promise, Decree to all the saved before the foundation 2 Tim 1:9 !

beloved57

It must be revealed to be believed !

It must be revealed to be believed !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel, the Power of God] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now lets look at Isa 53:1

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

The report is the Gospel tidings Isa 53:4-6

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

The Arm of the is His Power, and in order for the Gospel tidings of the Messiah, the suffering servant Jehovah to be believed, it must be revealed to them !

Paul learned it by revelation Gal 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

And the Gospel that he preached was of course according to scripture 1 Cor 15:3-4

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received[Gal 1:11-12], how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Before it was revealed to him, he rejected it in unbelief 1 Tim 1:11-13

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

It, the Gospel must be revealed to Faith, which is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 !

Many people may believe the Gospel[carnally], but not after a spiritual revelation as its the Power of God or the Arm of the Lord !

Nanja

beloved
It, the Gospel must be revealed to Faith, which is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 !

Yes, and because Faith is a fruit, and a gift Eph. 2:8 of The Spirit, it can only be received
when one is Born of the Spirit, in the New Birth: a Divine intervention of God by His Grace,
which He reveals to His Chosen Elect what Christ has accomplished for them before the foundation of the world:

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

The result is a profound Trust in Him as LORD and Saviour!

beloved
Many people may believe the Gospel[carnally], but not after a spiritual revelation as its the Power of God or the Arm of the Lord !

Very true. Today's false religions maintain that it's by their their own freewill that they believe unto salvation,
or their own "arm", and by their own "power" to choose; or trusting in their ethnicity [of flesh] to save them:

Jer. 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm,
and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Isaiah 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me;
and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin

~~~~~

beloved57

beloved

Yes, and because Faith is a fruit, and a gift Eph. 2:8 of The Spirit, it can only be received
when one is Born of the Spirit, in the New Birth: a Divine intervention of God by His Grace,
which He reveals to His Chosen Elect what Christ has accomplished for them before the foundation of the world:

2 Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

The result is a profound Trust in Him as LORD and Saviour!

beloved

Very true. Today's false religions maintain that it's by their their own freewill that they believe unto salvation,
or their own "arm", and by their own "power" to choose; or trusting in their ethnicity [of flesh] to save them:

Jer. 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm,
and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Isaiah 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me;
and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin

~~~~~

Amen !

Posted from the TOL App!

Nanja

But it gets deeper than that, not only in our depravity by nature that we do not understand the Things of God, but neither do we ever seek after God in Faith, that is the True and Living God revealed in scripture, this again stated in Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

This information is vital because this is the seeking that accompanies Faith by which we come to God Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Its the greek word ekzēteō and literally means to:

I.to seek out, search for

II.to seek out, i.e. investigate, scrutinise

III.to seek out for one's self, beg, crave

Isa 55:6

Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Well man by nature does not do that, NONE DO and thats a Fact if we take God at His Word here in Rom 3:11, and thats the Same Salvation Seeking by Faith that Heb 11:6 refers to.

Rom 3:11 and Heb 11:6 are opposed to one another, hence if the natural man in the flesh, in natures depravity ever has that Faith described in Heb 11:6, that person has defied and proved God's Truth wrong, for he or she has done something that scripture says man in the flesh does not do, and in fact cannot do Rom 8:8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Faith in Heb 11:6 does please God !

And so this is why in Preaching the Gospel of God's Grace, Total Depravity is a Important Truth, and why Paul in preaching the Gospel of God faithfully shows man his depraved and deplorable state by Nature Rom 3:10-20, and thats the T in TULIP, hated by all religionists, a branch in what depraved men scornfully dismiss as just calvinism ! Yet it makes no difference how much they dismiss Truth in the name of calvinism, if they don't receive the Truth that the Gospel reveals of mans depravity in Rom 3:10-20, they do not receive the Gospel of God, simple as that !

So true!

I believe that they are those that ignorantly attempt to come into the sheepfold
by "another door" John 10:7 KJV; a different god, and some other way Gal. 1:8 KJV:

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold,
but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

~~~~~

beloved57

Gospel has duel purpose , for Good and Evil !

Gospel has duel purpose , for Good and Evil !

God's word says Isa 55:11

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

When God's word of Truth is proclaimed and disobeyed or rejected is God desire thwarted ? No sir, for the word accomplished whatsover God had pleased, for instance 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Yes, those who obey not the Gospel as Per Rom 10:16

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Note: We see hear that obeying and believing are synonymous !

But their not obeying the Gospel was appointed by the decree of God, the purpose of God, it was what pleased Him for them ! It was just as foretold of old Isa 6:8-10

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

It was God's purpose that many of the jews remained in their blindness and disobedeince against the Gospel Jn 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

This same principle of truth applies to some gentiles also, all whom are not of the Lords Sheep !

Paul sums it up beautifully as to the Two-Fold Eternal Purpose of the Gospel here 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

God has a design for the saved [being saved or converted] with the Gospel as well as a design for the perishing or lost !

The purpose for the saved is that it convert them, but to the lost its to harden them, a non conversion purpose Jn 12:37-40

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart,

All whom are not Christ's Sheep and therefore cannot believe on Him for Salvation Jn 10:26, God has decreed that they remain spiritually blind and hardened on purpose as by that He does prevent them from seeing with their eyes, and understanding with their heart as here [ Matt 13:23] and thus successfully Preventing their conversion to God and spiritual healing.

Its up to God to give these things in order for our conversion by the Gospel Deut 29:4

Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

Nanja

God's word says Isa 55:11

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

When God's word of Truth is proclaimed and disobeyed or rejected is God desire thwarted ? No sir, for the word accomplished whatsover God had pleased, for instance 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Yes, those who obey not the Gospel as Per Rom 10:16

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Note: We see hear that obeying and believing are synonymous !

But their not obeying the Gospel was appointed by the decree of God, the purpose of God, it was what pleased Him for them ! It was just as foretold of old Isa 6:8-10

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

It was God's purpose that many of the jews remained in their blindness and disobedeince against the Gospel Jn 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

This same principle of truth applies to some gentiles also, all whom are not of the Lords Sheep !

Paul sums it up beautifully as to the Two-Fold Eternal Purpose of the Gospel here 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

God has a design for the saved [being saved or converted] with the Gospel as well as a design for the perishing or lost !

The purpose for the saved is that it convert them, but to the lost its to harden them, a non conversion purpose Jn 12:37-40

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart,

All whom are not Christ's Sheep and therefore cannot believe on Him for Salvation Jn 10:26, God has decreed that they remain spiritually blind and hardened on purpose as by that He does prevent them from seeing with their eyes, and understanding with their heart as here [ Matt 13:23] and thus successfully Preventing their conversion to God and spiritual healing.

Its up to God to give these things in order for our conversion by the Gospel Deut 29:4

Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

In total agreement with all as posted!

All those God created to be vessels of wrath, an ungodly remnant Rom. 9:21-22 KJV; 2 Pet 2:9 KJV,
He appointed them to stumble at the word because He determined that they would not believe / obey.

And the Vessels of Honour God had chosen to salvation, He causes them to believe the Truth! 2 Thes. 2:13 KJV

The Gospel of God's Grace is not complete without also preaching reprobation.

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.