Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Righteousness of God is revealed !

The Righteousness of God is revealed !

Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 3:26

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

The Righteousness of God here does encompass all that which Christ did and accomplished for all those He died for, in putting away their sin debt before God's Holy Tribunal, and how as a result of it,God accepts them as Just and Righteous !

beloved57

Only the Saved called to Faith in Gospel !

Only the Saved called to Faith in Gospel !

Yes, the Gospel is to be preached indiscriminately to all, however its purpose is not the same to all, to some God has ordained it to be death unto death 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

But that the saved are the Called of the Gospel in a way that the lost are not is seen in above Vs 15 and in 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Rom 8:28-30 as well

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

We see that even as God's Purpose unfold in time sequence, Paul has first being Saved[by the Purpose of God and regeneration] followed by the Call, hence so it is, when the saved are being called, they are being made to believe, by the Gospel, the Power of God, the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard[spiritually] the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Think about it, what sense would it make to call by the Gospel, a lost person without Salvation, when in fact they are yet outside of Salvation in a Lost state ? Then it it is not appropriate to say that it is the Gospel of their Salvation ! So it can only be the Gospel of Ones Salvation, only if it is being sent to the Saved !

beloved57

Gospel is sent to the lost reprobated, but why ?

Gospel is sent to the lost reprobated, but why ?

Isa 55:11

11 So shall my word[Gospel] be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please or desire, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

2 Cor 2:15-16

15 For we[Gospel Preachers] are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish[lost]:

God is Pleased with the Preaching of Christ for either purpose !

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Yes God purposely sends His Word of Salvation or Gospel directly to the Lost and reprobated, but just not for a saving and converting purpose, but for a hardening and condemning purpose, like here stated in Isaiah Isa 6:8-10

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

In fact Paul refers to this very point when he knew it was finally time to leave them and turn to the gentiles with the Word of Salvation, observe Acts 28:24-28

24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Yes, all the reprobate are already condemned any way, but God is pleased to aggravate or make worse their condemnation , for remember the words of Jesus here to the reprobate Jn 15:22

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

or Jn 9:41

Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Now this doesnt mean if Christ had not never came and spoke to them that they would have not still been sinners, or they were sinless, but if He had not come to them, they would not have sinned to a greater degree of Light that He brought among them, John 3:19

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

The evil deeds here believe it or not is false religion, ungodly judaism !

It was God's purpose to heap death unto death, condemnation upon condemnation, and with these non elect jews there was no way possible that they could believe and be saved, that would have been counter to God's express purpose. For with the non elect, God only designs by the Gospel only to fit them more and more for the day of destruction Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

They have been foreordained to condemnation Jude 1:4 as well as given over to a reprobate mind to believe a lie 2 Thess 2:10-12, that they cannot receive the Love of the Truth, because they are not of the Truth as Jesus says here Jn 18:37 !

Nanja

Isa 55:11

11 So shall my word[Gospel] be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please or desire, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

2 Cor 2:15-16

15 For we[Gospel Preachers] are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish[lost]:

God is Pleased with the Preaching of Christ for either purpose !

Yes God purposely sends His Word of Salvation or Gospel directly to the Lost and reprobated, but just not for a saving and converting purpose, but for a hardening and condemning purpose, like here stated in Isaiah Isa 6:8-10

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

In fact Paul refers to this very point when he knew it was finally time to leave them and turn to the gentiles with the Word of Salvation, observe Acts 28:24-28

Yes, all the reprobate are already condemned any way, but God is pleased to aggravate or make worse their condemnation , for remember the words of Jesus here to the reprobate Jn 15:22

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

or Jn 9:41

Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Now this doesnt mean if Christ had not never came and spoke to them that they would have not still been sinners, or they were sinless, but if He had not come to them, they would not have sinned to a greater degree of Light that He brought among them, John 3:19

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

The evil deeds here believe it or not is false religion, ungodly judaism !

It was God's purpose to heap death unto death, condemnation upon condemnation, and with these non elect jews there was no way possible that they could believe and be saved, that would have been counter to God's express purpose. For with the non elect, God only designs by the Gospel only to fit them more and more for the day of destruction Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

They have been foreordained to condemnation Jude 1:4 as well as given over to a reprobate mind to believe a lie 2 Thess 2:10-12, that they cannot receive the Love of the Truth, because they are not of the Truth as Jesus says here Jn 18:37 !

Excellent post!

God hardens the hearts of whomever He pleases, and He is the First Cause of them rebelling
against Him according to His intended purpose, and yet has the right to hold them accountable.

So then, it's pure idolatry for anyone to believe that their freewill decision, or any other
works of the flesh, can override God's foreordained Purpose Rom. 9:22-23 KJV

Prov. 19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart;
nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand

~~~~~

beloved57

Excellent post!

God hardens the hearts of whomever He pleases, and He is the First Cause of them rebelling
against Him according to His intended purpose, and yet has the right to hold them accountable.

So then, it's pure idolatry for anyone to believe that their freewill decision, or any other
works of the flesh, can override God's foreordained Purpose Rom. 9:22-23 KJV

Prov. 19:21 There are many devices in a man's heart;
nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand

~~~~~

Amen !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Sent to the saved !

Sent to the saved !

Acts 13:26

Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

This verse is very instructional, if we have ears to hear and hearts to understand,in that the Gospel, as a word of Salvation Eph 1:13 is sent to them who are already saved from the power of sin by New Birth and have been given a circumcised Heart that fears God ! Jer 32:39-40 !

Because men by nature, in the flesh, truth is, we have no fear of God before our eyes saith scripture testimony Rom 3:18

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes. This is all of our plight by nature, jew and gentile, so according to the flesh, the indictment for mankind is Rom 3:19

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

But if and when one is regenerated and has received a New Heart that Fears God, then and only then are they qualified, made meet, to receive the good news of the Gospel of their Salvation into their Heart and it bringeth forth fruit, even the fruit of Faith Matt 13:23;Gal 5:22 !

Now when the Gospel is sent to them that are already saved, they are saved first of all, by the Eternal Purpose [of election] of God 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us[by the Gospel] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

And secondly, they are saved already by The Spirit of Regeneration or New Birth Titus 3:5 which gives them a New Heart to fear God, and it is to them, as it is stated quite succinctly here Acts 13:26

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Listen, its sent to them that fear God, and a lost person does not fear God, so its obvious and clear that it,the Gospel of ones Salvation Eph 1:13 is sent in the providence of God unto them that are saved and that to them its a word of Salvation, and by that, the Gospel makes manifest or brings to light life and immortality 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Thats what New Birth gives us, light and Life, John wrote that In Christ Jn 1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the Gospel brings that to light. When we believe its proof that Christ by His death for us, has abolished death for us !

beloved57

From Faith to Faith !

From Faith to Faith !

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This phrase[from faith to faith] also proves that one must first be born of God or of the Spirit to hear and believe the Gospel of their Salvation, for in it [The Gospel of ther Salvation] the Righteousness of God is revealed or made known, from Faith [ The doctrine of Faith, the Gospel] to Faith , which is a Fruit of the Spirit; Now understand something, It is clearly stated that the Facts of the Gospel here, are being revealed to Faith, which man by nature does not have, man in the flesh [Rom 8:8] The things that constitute the Righteousness of God in Salvation, Its Doctrines, are things that must be revealed by His Spirit 1 Cor 2:10-12

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

The word revealed here is the same word used in Rom 1:17 !

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know and hear the things that are freely given to us of God.

We must first have received the Spirit which is of God, to know the Things revealed to us in the Gospel !

beloved57

Hearing the Gospel without faith profits nothing !

Hearing the Gospel without faith profits nothing !

Heb 4:2

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.NIV

They were not of those who Peter wrote of here 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Now Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, and hearing the Gospel preached without having the Spirit, so that it produces Faith, it profits us nothing, does no good, its like as Paul said, in word only 1 Thess 1:5

For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

This scripture therefore makes it clear that in order to hear the Gospel unto believing it, we must have the Spirit, or be born of the Spirit, like Jesus said Jn 8:43,47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

And heres why said Jesus:

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Not of God, simply means not born of His Spirit, so we cannot hear God's words with profit unless we have the Spirit of Faith 2 Cor 4:13

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Also Heb 4:2 tells us that the OT Believers during Moses Time, heard and believed the same Gospel that this N T writer believed, that's clear Heb 4:2

2 For unto us [NT Believer] was the gospel preached, as well as unto them[OT Believers]: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

John Gill writes:

as well as unto them, or "even as they"; for though the Gospel was preached to the Israelites in the wilderness, in the ministry of Moses, and by types and sacrifices; yet they were not evangelized by it, or cast into a Gospel mould, or brought into a Gospel spirit: however, it was preached unto them; which shows the antiquity of it; the sameness of the method of salvation in all ages; the necessity of salvation by Christ, and the unity of Christ's church under different dispensations:

The Gospel is like living bread or food and so it must be fed to them that are alive from the dead for it to be profitable to their hearing !

beloved57

The power of the Cross !

The power of the Cross !

Paul wrote to the Galatians in Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Paul dare not glory in anything else as to why he was what he was as a Christian, a Believer, a Apostle, all credit , and glory was due to the Cross of Christ, Him Crucified. Remember his similar words 1 Cor 2:2

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Listen, it is by the Power of the Cross that he was crucified to the world and the world to him, but not just him, its power is just as effective towards all for whom He died, proportioned according to God's converting purpose for their individual lives.

This being crucified to the world is earlier in the same epistle called being delivered from it Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Now get this, Christ dying for those He died for had an aim in it, a purpose, that by that He should deliver them from the world. The word that is the particle hopōs and means:

I.how, that, by what means, and also means:

It denotes the purpose or end,in order that, with the design or to the end that,

Christ's Cross work, Crucifixion was with the design to deliver those He died for from the evil world system, the course of this world as here Eph 2:2

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Now the world here in Gal 1:4, Gal 6:14 and Eph 2:2 primarily means the false religious system/s of the world.

Christ's Death effects an separation from the false religious world, a breaking off from it, a crucifixion of it !

Peter in similar writes 1 Pet 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

The blood said Peter redeemed them from out of a vain conversation, or manner of life. The word conversation here is the same word found in Eph 2:3

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

The writer of Hebrews states it this way Heb 9:14

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

In other words, one of the blessed effects of the Cross/ Blood is that it effects a True Conversion from dead works religion of the world, to serving the True and Living God in Spirit and Truth Jn 4:24 !

Now listen, if that does not happen unto every single person Christ was crucified for, as some false teachers tell us, then thats an indictment against the Power and Effectiveness of the Blood and Cross, and Triple woe unto them that teach such, only so they can glory in mans so called freewill !

Daniel1611

I don't believe in predestiny. That would make man a robot and God a monster. I can't imagine God creating certain people and predetermining that some of them will burn in hell forever. I understand that God created mankind and knew that many would go to hell, and obviously knew who they were, but that he did CAUSE them to go to hell. God has given the CHOICE to mankind. You can believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be part of the Israel of God, or you can reject God. Jesus said Come to me whoever WILL.

Further, if people were predestined for heaven or hell, then why preach the Gospel at all? If you were created with a destiny to go to heaven or hell, why should I take the time to preach the gospel to you? If I choose not to and you are predestined to believe the Gospel, then you will hear the gospel some other way. There must be someone else to tell you if I don't so that you can fulfill your predetermined destiny to believe the Gospel. But if this is true, somewhere down the line, someone then must be predetermined to preach the gospel to you so you can be saved as predetermined. And if someone is predetermined to preach the gospel, how do we know what other events are predestiny? Pretty soon this will lead us to the idea that everything was predetermined by God and he created robots to perform a play for him that ends in the eternal punishment of many. This does not jive with character of God as revealed in the Bible.

God KNOWS everything that will happen and he can intervene in the world. But that does not mean he created people for the purpose of going to hell. It makes no sense really. I believe in preaching the Gospel to get people saved, so they can make a choice to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. In fact, I'm thinking of trying to get my local church to start a "soul winning" campaign to go out in the street and door to door to preach the gospel. I could stand to do more gospel preaching than I do, I won't lie.

beloved57

OT / NT Same Gospel !

OT / NT Same Gospel !

Both the OT Saints / Believers and NT Saints / Believers believed the same Gospel that Paul preached, Paul writes Rom 1:1-3

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

This same Gospel had always been centered in God's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, made of the Seed of David.

The OT Believers had Faith in His Blood Just as the NT Believers, for instance Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Her Seed is the same as the Seed of David in Rom 1:3 !

Gen 22:18

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Paul preached the same Gospel to the Gentiles that God Preached to Abraham centuries ago !

This Gospel was ordained before the world began 2 Tim 1:8-10

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Titus 1:2-3

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

The OT Saints thought of Christ coming in the flesh and shedding His Blood, the Seed of the Women, as Shiloh Gen 49:10

10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Folks, those telling us that there are different Gospels for OT and NT People, and jew and gentiles, they are deceivers, they are not of God !

beloved57

They shall believe the Gospel and why !

They shall believe the Gospel and why !

All for whom Christ died shall come to believe the Gospel, for that is why God sends it to them, so that they may Hear the Gospel of their Salvation [by Christ] and believe ! Act15:7

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

That was the intended outcome of God sending the Gospel by Peter to the Gentiles Cornelius, so that he and his house should believe. Remember Jesus prayed as He prayed for His disciples of which Peter was one of them Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

That would be the Elect Gentiles such as Cornelius ! What did Peter say in Acts 15:7 ?

Paul also stated that some of the Gentiles He is being sent to shall what ? Acts 28:28

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Why will hear it ? Because to them it shall be the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Did not Paul state that the Salvation of God is sent to the Gentiles and they will hear it ? That's confirmed here in Eph 1:13 They heard it like Cornelius heard it and believed !

In fact, all Gentile believers are those Jesus meant when He stated about other Sheep He had Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Does not that sound like Paul's words here Acts 28:28

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

All for whom Christ died come to believe the Good News of the Gospel, of what Christ's death did and accomplished for them !

Daniel1611

If you're arguing for predestiny, then why preach the Gospel at all? It would be useless to try to save someone predestined for hell and a waste of time to preach it to someone predestined for heave. God take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, for he desires that ALL be saved. Jesus Christ died on the cross for ALL, and he said come to me WHOEVER WILL. It is God that saves, but we must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ willingly. All people have a choice to accept or reject the Gospel, and that is clear in the scripture. Calvinism is nonsense.

beloved57

If you're arguing for predestiny, then why preach the Gospel at all? It would be useless to try to save someone predestined for hell and a waste of time to preach it to someone predestined for heave. God take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, for he desires that ALL be saved. Jesus Christ died on the cross for ALL, and he said come to me WHOEVER WILL. It is God that saves, but we must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ willingly. All people have a choice to accept or reject the Gospel, and that is clear in the scripture. Calvinism is nonsense.

Post 697, did you understand it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.