Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel1611

It doesn't sound like much of a point. You have some verses about the gospel being preached, then at the end you say everyone who Christ died for comes to the truth of the gospel. That's not correct. The Bible says Christ died for all people and not all people believe the Gospel. If that's your assertion, it's false. Nothing in scripture support predestiny or Calvinism or whatever its followers call it. It's not biblical.

beloved57

It doesn't sound like much of a point. You have some verses about the gospel being preached, then at the end you say everyone who Christ died for comes to the truth of the gospel. That's not correct. The Bible says Christ died for all people and not all people believe the Gospel. If that's your assertion, it's false. Nothing in scripture support predestiny or Calvinism or whatever its followers call it. It's not biblical.

Post 697, did you understand it ?

Please explain back to me all my points made in that post, even though you may disagree with them ! Thanks !

Posted from the TOL App!

Daniel1611

There's no point there. Its a couple Bible verses and an insinuation that the Bible is wrong and Christ didn't die for all people. I understand Calvinism and all the other assorted heresies that Bible-rejecting so-called "Christians" have created for themselves. Calvinism is a lie from the pit of hell that satan inspired to try to keep the Gospel from people. Explain your own reformed lies better and why they supersede scripture.

beloved57

They shall believe the Gospel and why ! 2

They shall believe the Gospel and why ! 2

Why they shall believe the Gospel ! The promise is that the Just or Justifed shall live by Faith / believer !

Here are several verses that state that promise :

Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:11

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Heb 10:38

Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

This is important, look back at the promise in Rom 1:17 and we see its related to the Gospel in Vs 16 !

The Gospel will be the Power of God unto Salvation when it is sent to the Just Vs 17, because theJ ust shall be made to believe it !

Now who are the Just ? The word Just as tis in Rom 1:17 is the greek word dikaios and means:

just; especially, just in the eyes of God; righteous; the elect (a Jewish idea).

Some may correctly render Rom 1:17

For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed--a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

The Righteous shall live by Faith ! Now who are the Righteous ? Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous

Basically its all for whom Christ died, by His death/ obedience they are made Righteous or Just the same greek word dikaios,

And so the promise of God in scripture is all for whom Christ died, and made Just / Righteous they shall live by Faith, or they shall or will believe Just as Jesus says in Jn 10:16 and Paul says in Acts 28:28

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Acts 15:7

7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Remember Cornelius was said to be a Just man before Peter preached to him Acts 10:22

And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just G1342 man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

The same word, and so because the promise is that the Just shall live by Faith, God sent Peter to Preach the Gospel to him so that he should hear and believe, and begin to live by Faith in the Gospel as Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

beloved57

They shall believe the Gospel and why ! 3

They shall believe the Gospel and why ! 3

Now this is why God sends those Christ died for the Gospel of their Salvation so they believe, here are the facts, All who become believers, all their sins were laid upon Christ, and they were condemned in His flesh Rom 8:3

.3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That's what is meant here 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

These 3 verses explain what is meant by Christ condemning sin in the flesh, God, viewing Him as Our Head, was able to condemn all of our sins in His flesh !

This meant God on our stead, pronounced Him guilty and so all of our condemnation came upon Him. Remember Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

That condemnation fell upon Christ instead of them ! Our .damnatory sentence fell upon Him, all the penal consequences of our sins, and so to all for whom this has been done in behalf of, God gives them Faith in His Blood, Rom 3:24-25

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Abel was given that Faith in His Blood, and it declared that he was righteous or just by it Heb 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Again this confirms that even back then, The Just shall live by Faith ! Abel's sacrifice was evidence that he looked forward to the coming of Christ, the seed of the women, to shed His Blood, so he found and believed in the redemption that was in Christ Jesus to come Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

By blood Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Folks, there is no such thing as Christ dying for someone and they don't come to live by Faith because of it, such a thing would destroy the testimony of all the scripture Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

beloved57

Is predestination an essential Gospel Truth ?

Is predestination an essential Gospel Truth ?

Is predestination an essential Gospel Truth to be believed in order to be saved ? Yes ! The word essential means:

absolutely necessary; indispensable ! Its no question about it. Now please understand the nature of the question, Is it an essential doctrine of the Gospel to be saved, and not to get saved, its a tremendous difference, for nothing done or believed by a person gets them saved by God before God, for that work is done solely by the Work of Christ, nothing added ! However to be saved experientially and before ones own consiousness, to be converted and to begin the life of Faith, IN THIS RESPECT, the Truth of Predestination is essential to believe; In other words its no such thing as an Christian who has not embraced the Doctrine of Presetination, if they reject it as an Gospel of Salvation Truth Eph 1:5-13, then they are not a believer at all, simple as that ! For predestination proclaimed in the Gospel doeth Highlight an extrememly important aspect of the Glory of God in Salvation Rom 8:28-30; 1 Tim 1:11

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Predestination is essential in making it a Glorious Gospel ! The Glorious Gospel of the Most Blessed God, a Gospel that Proclaims His Glory such as Ex 33:18-19

18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

beloved57

Is predestination an essential Gospel Truth ? 2

Is predestination an essential Gospel Truth ? 2

When Preaching the Gospel, It must be Preached in the whole counsel of it, maybe not all in one setting, but nevertheless it must be preached that way, and not partially, shunning those Truths that are not so agreeable to men in the flesh, or the natural man Acts 20:24-27

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

The Gospel is also the Counsel of God to be declared ! So such truhs as Eph 1:4-11

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Verses 4-10 declare unto us The Counsel of His will in our Salvation, which in Vs 5 Predestination is a Truth of it !

"5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,"

Thats a Gospel Truth here ! The Adoption here takes place for us in time, but it was predestined to it before time, if we are true believers indeed, then we were predestined to it !

We see that for the Preaching of the Gospel of the Grace of God Acts 20:24 , it takes in account the whole Counsel of God in Salvation Acts 20:27, which contains Truths like Predestination, Election, even reprobation, these cannot and dare not be shunned !

Nanja

I stand in total agreement with you to all posted in #707 and #708!

God is only Gracious and Merciful to those He foreknew and Predestined to obtain
His Great Salvation; and it is exclusively according to His Perfect Will and Purpose.

Mankind has no ability to impose his own will upon God's. And so in this way,
all the Glory is God's alone: from His choosing, predestining, calling and saving
of His People; and also His Purpose and Will in the reprobation of all others.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

God is only Gracious and Merciful to those He foreknew and Predestined to obtain
His Great Salvation; and it is exclusively according to His Perfect Will and Purpose.

Yes His mercy and graciousness is exclusive to His Elect. Mic 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

The remnant according to the Election of Grace Rom 11:5 and the Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23, all the same !

Mankind has no ability to impose his own will upon God's. And so in this way,
all the Glory is God's alone: from His choosing, predestining, calling and saving
of His People; and also His Purpose and Will in the reprobation of all others.

Amen !

beloved57

Light is sown for the righteous !

Light is sown for the righteous !

Ps 97:11

11 Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

The Just or Righteous shall live by Faith in the Gospel ! Those whom Christ died for, because by His Death/ Obedience unto Death Phil 2:8 they are made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now there is a promise made to the Righteous in Ps 97:11, Light is sown for them, and this is the Light of the Gospel 2 Cor 4:4

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And God by His Power shines it in their Heart 2 Cor 4:6

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

And so it is from then on Prov 4:18

But the path of the just or Righteous is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Daniel1611

Praise the Lord for Calvinists teaching us what the Bible meant to say. Thank God John Calvin explained that "all" doesn't really mean "all." Well, sometimes it does, but we need John Calvin to tell us when all means all and when it doesn't. I guess by this logic, the word "some" must sometimes mean "all" in the Bible. Wow. So glad we have Calvinists to explain what the Bible means and when words don't mean what they say.
Of course this is sarcasm. Calvinists are Christ denying blasphemers that preach a false gospel. We, as believers, need to start calling out these false doctrines and false teachers. Calvinism is a lie from the pit of hell.

beloved57

dan 1611

Praise the Lord for Calvinists teaching us what the Bible meant to say.

Post 711 ! Did you understand it ?

Please explain back to me all my points made in that post, even though you may disagree with them ! Thanks !

beloved57

The same Gospel !

The same Gospel !

Christ and Paul preached the same Gospel of God's Grace, for instance, Jesus once said during His earthly Ministry Mk 2:15-17

15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

And Paul preached 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

The Message is one of Grace to save sinners, though ungodly enemies ! Remember Jesus said of a very ungodly women this Lk 7:47

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

Paul experienced the same as she did 1 Tim 1:14

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Her sins were forgiven by Christ as stated Lk 7:47-50

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?

50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

The same is True in Pauls Teaching Col 3:13

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

The Lord Jesus Christ both preached and lived and demonstrated Salvation by Grace, the forgiveness of sins because of the Riches of His Grace Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The women of Lk 7:47 her forgiveness of sins were the exact same as those of the recipients of Eph 1:7. Her sins were given through His Blood !

beloved57

Preaching Repentance in His Name !

Preaching Repentance in His Name !

Lk 24:47

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Now if we consider, notice that the Preaching of Repentance and Remission of sins In His Name, is foundationed upon His finished work of Vs 46, the word suffer there takes into account His total obedience unto death, and afterwards to rise from the dead the third day !

Now if we believe that repentance [toward God as Acts 20:21] is conditioned upon mans freewill or will period, then we reject that its done in His Name and by His Spirit of Life within, for repentance is something as Saviour that He gives Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Now the word give in Acts 5:31 and Granted in Acts 11:18 are the same greek word didōmi and it means :

i.to bestow a gift. Now the word bestow denotes application of the Gift. The english word bestow means:

to present as a gift; give; confer (usually followed by on or upon):

to put to some use; apply:

Yes that goes along with the Ideal of a Gift being bestowed, furthermore the word give didōmi means:

C.to supply, furnish, necessary things

So Christ furnishes us with repentance, or He as Saviour supplies it ! To supply :

to furnish or provide (a person, establishment, place, etc.) with what is lacking or requisite

Now Repentance is a requisite because God commands it Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

The word commandeth here the greek word paraggellō and means to :

II.to command, order, charge,now what is it to charge ?

a duty or responsibility laid upon or entrusted to one.

Its a duty or responsibility which is a:

something that one is expected or required to do by moral or legal obligation. And of course required and requisite are synonyms !

So Christ as Saviour furnishes those He died for with Repentance, so that man comes to God BY HIM Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Its by Him because it was He that supplied them with it, in order to do the Will of God.

But this is all denied if we teach that repentance toward God Acts 20:21 is from the will of man, that means you reject that its by Christ !

beloved57

Preaching Repentance in His Name ! 2

Preaching Repentance in His Name ! 2

Jesus said Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Now lets read Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them

The coming to God by Him is Repentance toward God Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

This Repentance toward God is by or through Jesus Christ. Thats why it is said that Repentance should bve Preached in His Name among all Nations Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

To be Preached in His Name basically means that its because of Him, on account of Him, His Person and Work, He is responsible for it, and He should get the Credit for it , not a mans freewill ! Yes Repentance toward God is by and though Jesus Christ, hence He is the way Jn 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Now the word way is the greek word hodos and means:

A.
a course of conduct

B.
a way (i.e. manner) of thinking, feeling, deciding

He gives us the course of conduct, the manner of thinking, feeling and deciding.

He is the Life, meaning that we come come to God by Life having been communicated to us from Him, for He becomes a Life giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. or:

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”[fn] The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.NKJV

We can come to God as Lively stones because of having been given Life 1 Pet 2:5

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Repentance is Preached in Christ's Name when He is acknowledged as the Author of it, in fact the word Prince in Acts 5:31 where is claims Him to be a Prince and Saviour, that word Prince is the greek word archēgos and does mean:

I.
the chief leader, prince
A.
of Christ

II.
one that takes the lead in any thing and thus affords an example, a predecessor in a matter, pioneer

III.
the author

To Preach Repentance any other way, is a insult to Christ, for it must be Preached as prescribed by the scripture Lk 24:47 in His Name along with Remission of sins, which is also through and by Him,His Person and Work !

beloved57

No Predestination and Election,No Gospel !

No Predestination and Election,No Gospel !

If it were not for God's Predestination and Election of certain individual to Salvation, those who comprise the Election of Grace, there would be no Gospel, No Need for it, there would not have been any need for Jesus Christ,nor His redemptive Death ! For who is it that Christ redeemed ? 1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Here are both together, Election, and the Blood of Christ. But look at vs 18-19 , speaking only of the Elect 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Now back up in 1 Pet 1:2 we have the word foreknowledge, which means:

I.
foreknowledge

II.
forethought, pre-arrangement

Prearrangement speaks to predestination. In fact one translation reads for 1 Pet 1:2 :

chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. RSV

Chosen and prearranged by God !

Paul states the reason primary for His enduring many things with the Message of the Gospel, was for the Elect's sake 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

If not for God's elect, there would be nothing for Paul to endure all things for !

Nanja

If it were not for God's Predestination and Election of certain individual to Salvation, those who comprise the Election of Grace, there would be no Gospel, No Need for it, there would not have been any need for Jesus Christ,nor His redemptive Death ! For who is it that Christ redeemed ? 1 Pet 1:1-2

Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Here are both together, Election, and the Blood of Christ. But look at vs 18-19 , speaking only of the Elect 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Now back up in 1 Pet 1:2 we have the word foreknowledge, which means:

I.
foreknowledge

II.
forethought, pre-arrangement

Prearrangement speaks to predestination. In fact one translation reads for 1 Pet 1:2 :

chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you. RSV

Chosen and prearranged by God !

Paul states the reason primary for His enduring many things with the Message of the Gospel, was for the Elect's sake 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

If not for God's elect, there would be nothing for Paul to endure all things for !

Indeed. All of Salvation is for God's Elect's sake!

~~~~~

beloved57

Indeed. All of Salvation is for God's Elect's sake!

~~~~~

Amen ! The enemy cavils against the Gospel Doctrines of Election and Predestination under the guise that they dont make sense in light of the Death of Christ, but that is a bunch of rubbish, if it were not for Predestination and Election, there would be no reason for Christ's blood and the Salvation it brings for the Glory of God !

Nanja

Amen ! The enemy cavils against the Gospel Doctrines of Election and Predestination under the guise that they dont make sense in light of the Death of Christ, but that is a bunch of rubbish,

Yes, because their minds are blinded to the Truth! 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV

if it were not for Predestination and Election, there would be no reason for Christ's blood and the Salvation it brings for the Glory of God !

Absolutely! All things were created by Jesus Christ for a redemptive purpose.
In the Everlasting Covenant , He would be Surety Heb. 7:22, 13:20 KJV
for all those chosen and predestinated by the Father Eph 1:4,5; 1:11 KJV
and given to the Son John 6:39 KJV for Him to die for, in their place 1 John 4:10:
All things were created for Christ and His Everlasting Heavenly Kingdom!
Mat. 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed
of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

Heb. 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:
a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Luke 1:33 KJV

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.