Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

God did not make them love darkness more than the light.

Those believing a false gospel are the ones who stumble at the word, being disobedient because to them it was appointed! 1 Pet. 2:8 KJV

And God also ordained all those who would have eternal life. Acts 13:48 KJV

God does whatever His Soul desires Job 23:13 KJV,
and does all to His Pleasure and Purpose Isaiah 46:10 KJV.

Who is any man that he would dare question the workings of Eternal God? Rom. 9:20 KJV

~~~~~

beloved57

They love darkness more than the light.

God did not make them love darkness more than the light.

If we could not hear and believe God until after we received the Holy Spirit, then God would have NOT needed to harden anyone.

All men love darkness more than light, that is God's indictment against man Jn 3:19

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

That goes for you and me and anyone one else by nature. I know you think you are above other men, but that is just the pride of your wicked deceitful heart !

God's Truth

All men love darkness more than light, that is God's indictment against man Jn 3:19

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

That goes for you and me and anyone one else by nature. I know you think you are above other men, but that is just the pride of your wicked deceitful heart !

You try to nullify scripture with scripture.

The scripture does not say all men choose darkness instead of light.

Now, answer my question.

Why would God have to harden anyone if they cannot believe anyway?

God's Truth

And God also ordained all those who would have eternal life. Acts 13:48 KJV
The scripture says when the GENTILES heard this they began rejoicing. Why do you think they were rejoicing? The Gentiles were just told that they could now have a relationship with God; they could now have eternal life. The Gentiles used to be excluded, and without God in the world, see Ephesians 2:12. HOWEVER, NOW they were told they could have salvation! All those Gentiles who were there who heard the good news, that Gentiles as a race of people could now have eternal life, they believed. Gentiles as a nation of people were appointed to eternal life, not all Gentiles will have eternal life, and only the Gentiles who believe will have eternal life. The Gentiles who were appointed life---all those there at that time believed.

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

There were Jews AND Gentiles in the crowd. All who were appointed [the Gentiles] in the crowd, all of them there believed.

God wants all to be saved, and repent, but not all will.

1 Timothy 2:4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Ezekiel 18:23
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?'

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

1 Timothy 4:10
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

Nanja

Who is any man that he would dare question the workings of Eternal God? Rom. 9:20 KJV

~~~~~

God's Truth

Nanja,
You did not answer my question.

If we could not hear and believe God until after we received the Holy Spirit, then why would God have to harden anyone?

God's Truth

~~~~~

You are merely repeating what you do not understand.

Nanja

Originally Posted by Nanja

You are merely repeating what you do not understand.

I'm open to correction. Please avail yourself of what you consider
to be the correct understanding and synopsis of those scriptures.

~~~~~

beloved57

Nanja,
You did not answer my question.

If we could not hear and believe God until after we received the Holy Spirit, then why would God have to harden anyone?

Ain't no if about it, only those of God can hear God's words ! Jn 8:43,47 !

Posted from the TOL App!

God's Truth

Jesus said that to people whom God had HARDENED so they could NOT hear Jesus and be saved.

Again, if someone has to be hardened, how do you get that they cannot believe and obey after hearing?

Hearing, being taught, persuaded, and convinced are exactly how we come to believing.

Nowhere anywhere do the scriptures say what you teach that God gives us the Holy Spirit and causes us to believe and obey without our knowing and wanting.

God's Truth

I'm open to correction. Please avail yourself of what you consider
to be the correct understanding and synopsis of those scriptures.

~~~~~

Jesus came first for those who already believed in God BEFORE Jesus came to earth...he came to those who had faith in God.

The Jews who did NOT have faith in God before Jesus came, they were cut off and hardened, so that they could not repent and be saved.

Jesus came first for those who had faith, for those who waited for the Messiah.

Before Jesus came, the Jews could call themselves children of God by obeying the law, the ceremonial law...circumcision, etc.

Circumcision, etc saves no one, anymore. We are all only saved by faith and obedience.

The old law was not based on faith. The new law is based on faith.

Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith, but he says when he is crucified, then all nationalities could come to him by faith and be saved.

By the way, I love how you say you are open to correction. Please give what I say a chance.

beloved57

You try to nullify scripture with scripture.

The scripture does not say all men choose darkness instead of light.

Now, answer my question.

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Jesus said that to people whom God had HARDENED so they could NOT hear Jesus and be saved.

Again, if someone has to be hardened, how do you get that they cannot believe and obey after hearing?

Hearing, being taught, persuaded, and convinced are exactly how we come to believing.

Nowhere anywhere do the scriptures say what you teach that God gives us the Holy Spirit and causes us to believe and obey without our knowing and wanting.

A person is saved by the obedience of one Rom 5:19 !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Posted from the TOL App!

Nanja

GT
Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith, but he says when he is crucified, then all nationalities could come to him by faith and be saved.

Only all those given by the Father:

John 6:37 KJV All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

They are all the elect of God, chosen before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4 KJV;
the only ones who will believe on Christ unto salvation.

2 Tim. 1:9 KJV Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

GT
By the way, I love how you say you are open to correction. Please give what I say a chance.

Yes, but only if you can prove it from scripture.
And you have failed.

These scriptures stand:

Originally Posted by Nanja

~~~~~

beloved57

gt

Jesus came first for those who already belonged to God by faith

Thats a lie, He came to save sinners and the ungodly, which would result in their having Faith. No man by nature has faith, which pleases and obeys God Heb 11:6 because none in the flesh can obey and please God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

I already know in your pride and arrogance you believe you did obey God and please God in your flesh !

beloved57

nanja

They are all the elect of God, chosen before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4 KJV;

2 Tim. 1:9 KJV Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works,
but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

You speak the Truth !

Nanja

nanja

beloved
You speak the Truth !

Recognizable only by another who also walks by Faith in Christ! Titus 1:1 KJV

~~~~~

God's Truth

Posted from the TOL App!

Jesus said there are those on the side of truth.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

There is nothing in the scriptures that say what your strange doctrine from John Calvin says.

Last edited:

beloved57

Jesus said there are those on the side of truth.

John 18?37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

There is nothing in the scriptures that say what your strange doctrine from John Calvin says.

None in the flesh can obey or please God or hear God's words ! Rom 8:7-8; John 8:43,47 !

Posted from the TOL App!

Status
Not open for further replies.